Rachael McIntosh Photography Reviews

Rachael McIntosh Photography 6
Rachael McIntosh Photography 7
  • Gwen

Gwen Seamon · Getting married on 06/28/2020

Incredible photos at the Biltmore Estate!!

Rachael was incredible! The photos she took truly surpassed every single one of our expectations. She knew the Biltmore Estate so well and located all the incredible places for us to take photos. Since showing them to friends and family, I have received so many compliments and requests to know who the photographer was! We feel so blessed to have met Rachael and have her photograph our engagement.

Sent on 05/30/2019
    Rachael McIntosh Photography 8
  • Katie

Katie Buell · Married on 08/22/2019

Her work was beyond our expectations.

Rachael was absolutely amazing in every way. Not only is her work beautiful but she makes you feel at ease. She captured so many special moments. She is the best!!

Sent on 10/02/2019
    Rachael McIntosh Photography 13
  • Lindsey

Lindsey · Married on 05/18/2019

Great personality - beautiful shots

Rachael has a really easy-going personality which I think is very important, particularly if you are your spouse to be is uncomfortable in front of the camera.

She also is really considerate. We had rain in our engagement shoot so she felt bad and gave us an extra free hour during our wedding. She didn't have to do that since it wasn't her fault the weather was bad.

As far as the pictures themselves, everyone in my family and wedding party looked at her whole 1500 wedding pics and were amazed - namely, the shots she got of the people & emotions were perfect. She even got great ones of guests during the "dance floor time" which I often think is a wash when paying for a photographer. Recommend :)

Sent on 07/15/2019
    Rachael McIntosh Photography 14
    Rachael McIntosh Photography 15
    Rachael McIntosh Photography 16
    Rachael McIntosh Photography 17
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 05/11/2019

The sweetest person to work with in the world!

We were thrilled when Rachael was available for our wedding day! Both my husband and I as well as other family members we discussed photographers with unanimously thought her style fit our personality as a couple. We are not ones to love the spotlight or having our picture taken, and are much happier when photos just capture us being together and in love. From the photo sneak peak we have received, Rachael did just that and we can't WAIT to see the rest.

She was also such a joy to work with! I love the simplicity of her package scheme. She was very responsive to emails and it was SO helpful that she was so familiar with our venue. When the weather was not what we had hoped for she quickly came up with a plan B for photo locations and her positive attitude about how beautiful the lighting would be really helped me feel better about a less than ideal circumstance. She also stole us away for some more photos together after the rain cleared up later in the evening and it was such a perfect way for my husband and I to have a few minutes alone. She was AMAZING at giving us direction for how to hold our hands/heads/bouquet etc without making it seem too "posed" because that does not come naturally to us. She is so bright and sunny and helped us feel so comfortable and relaxed! Her second shooter was also extremely professional and they worked very well together!! It was so nice to have the option to have a second shooter during only part of the evening, especially because we had a smaller wedding!

Sent on 05/15/2019

Emmalyn Daniel · Married on 03/22/2019

Wonderful to Work With

Rachael is such a wonderful photographer! She makes you feel comfortable in front of the camera, and really has a vision for lighting and scenery. It is an art form for her, and it shows by her work. Rachael really goes out of her way to make sure you get all the shots you wanted of your special day. Highly recommend!

Sent on 04/02/2019
  • Lindsay

Lindsay · Married on 03/09/2019

Perfect choice for our simple courthouse wedding!

We couldnt be happier with our decision to have Rachael document our simple, parents only vow exchange at the Buncombe Co courthouse. After having had the pictures for a week, I could finally look at them without crying- happy tears, of course! Rachael was communicative, professional, and thankfully patient with the chaos of our day. (Even courthouse weddings sometimes have drama- when the magistrate is out of work sick!) She produced the perfect combination of the more formal images our more traditional parents expected, yet still captured the intimacy and joy of our simple, small, special day. It is the perfect keepsake and memento of our day, images we will cherish and enjoy sharing with family and friends for years to come.

Sent on 07/12/2019
    Rachael McIntosh Photography 18
    Rachael McIntosh Photography 19
    Rachael McIntosh Photography 20
    Rachael McIntosh Photography 21
    Rachael McIntosh Photography 22
    Rachael McIntosh Photography 23

Grayson · Married on 11/17/2018

I am not photogenic and these images are GOLD!

Rachael has always been such an amazing person to work with... and to be able to add her to our wedding vendors was such a blessing! Her eye, craft and love for photography is clear in the images she captures. We love the wedding photos she took for us and we will continue to show them off to everyone- forever. She was clear in her communication, her price was fair for the outcome of the products, and the overall experience working with RMP was so pleasant. We will certainly stay in communication with Rachael and love her work. Thank you, Rachael!

Sent on 12/31/2018

Jessie Zande · Married on 11/03/2018

GREAT photographer!!

We cannot recommend Rachael enough. I've had countless friends tell me that ours were the best wedding photographs they've ever seen. But more than that, her calm demeanor, kindness, and patience with all of the bridal party and family was unbeatable. She made the whole process fun! We can't wait to use Rachael in the future for photographs; she really is the best!!

Sent on 02/12/2019

Hailey · Married on 09/01/2018

Very professional, fun, and talented!

Rachael was the sweetest, most fun photographer we could have hoped for. She is an amazingly talented photographer, but she’s also so patient and so kind. She managed the wedding party, parents included, in such a graceful way and had us all in and out of photographs so timely that no one ever got bored or angry. I would definitely recommend her to anyone searching for a stress free experience with a wonderful wedding photographer.

Sent on 10/26/2018

Cara · Married on 05/27/2018

I can't express how much it means to me to leave this review of Rachael's work. It is so hard to even begin to describe the incredible experience my fiance and I, and our families, had with Rachael for our May destination wedding in NC. I would hire Rachael time and again with no hesitations. If I could, I would pay her to follow me around and document my every day life because everything she shoots, she transforms into something beautiful, artistic, and lovely. Working with her was easy-she was available by phone or email to help answer any questions or requests we had. Her responses were always timely, friendly, and professional. We were lucky enough to meet with her before our wedding day and it was nice to just get to know each other and chat informally before the big event.

She went above and beyond on our day (coming a little early, staying to ensure she got all the shots we wanted etc), she made our guests laugh, she somehow caught shots from different angles, seconds apart as if she were two people. Sharing our wedding day with her and seeing her end product, I feel like she is part of our family because she captured the essence of each person and moment so perfectly. There is probably not a price I wouldn't pay for Rachael's work-I cannot recommend her highly enough. Please, hire her if photography is an important element of your wedding day. You will be amazed by her ability to capture those "uncapturable" moments. Thank you, Rachael, for giving us the best wedding gift we never could have imagined!

Sent on 06/24/2018
    Rachael McIntosh Photography 31
    Rachael McIntosh Photography 32
    Rachael McIntosh Photography 33

colleen · Married on 05/19/2018

Words can't describe how thankful I am for Rachael. My husband and I met Rachael for the first time on our wedding day. Rachael arrived early to scope out our venue as it was the first time we had worked there. She was kind, professional, funny, and she made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera. My husband and I both agree that we felt like we clicked with Rachael right away. Rachael went above and beyond on our wedding day. Looking back at our pictures, she was there to capture moments that we didn't even realized happened on our day. Rachael was great at organizing our families for group shots and moving through pictures efficiently. The candid pictures that were included perfectly reflect our family member and friends personalities. Rachael and her second shooter both stayed longer than what we had hired her for to make sure she captured all of the important moments of the night. The morning after our wedding, we received over a dozen sneak preview pictures! When we received our photos we were blown away, they perfectly represented the beauty, love and happiness of the evening. We received our photos sooner than what was promised in our contract. We are so excited to work together with Rachael to make an album of our photos - the hardest part of this process will be narrowing down which pictures we love the most! We hope to use Rachael in the future for any future milestones; my sister has already expressed that she would like to hire Rachael for her wedding. Thank you Rachael, you are truly the best!

Sent on 06/19/2018
    Rachael McIntosh Photography 41
    Rachael McIntosh Photography 42
    Rachael McIntosh Photography 43

Jonsie · Married on 11/04/2017

Rachael was amazing to work with -- extremely professional while at the same time easy going and relaxed. The locations she chose on site for our "first look" photo session were beautiful and really allowed John and I to have some time to just be together and take it all in before the ceremony. Rachael knows how to select gorgeous backdrops and use light to bring out colors and details in her photos. We are obsessed with the photos from the ceremony and of the wedding party. Additionally, she perfectly captured the personalities of our friends and family, not to mention some great moments, in the candid shots. We highly recommend Rachael and hope to use her for future family events.

Sent on 12/11/2017

Polina · Married on 10/28/2017

We couldn't be happier with Rachael! She was an absolute delight to work with and created incredibly gorgeous pictures for us that we can't stop looking. She truly made our wedding even more memorable.

Sent on 12/08/2017

chelsie · Married on 10/20/2017

Working with Rachael and team over the course of our wedding weekend was absolutely wonderful! Everyone was professional, accommodating to our requests, and really captured our moments so well. We are so happy with our photos and video montage that Rachael put together; we have been re-living the weekend over and over through them. Thanks, Rachael! You’re the best

Sent on 12/10/2017
    Rachael McIntosh Photography 44

Elliott · Married on 10/01/2017

Rachael and her team were an absolute dream to work with. She is a true artist and I could not be more pleased with how our wedding photos turned out - they look straight out of a magazine. She made my husband and I feel so comfortable in front of the camera. She managed to document every single moment and emotion of that weekend, flawlessly. Her turnaround time was equally as impressive! She shot both our rehearsal dinner and wedding, and sent over a few sneak peeks THAT WEEKEND! Better yet, we had our full gallery within 3 weeks of our event. If you are looking for someone to capture your big day perfectly, look no further. You have found her.

Sent on 12/11/2017

Diane · Married on 08/03/2017

Rachael was a pleasure to work with from start to finish! Our location plans changed a couple of times and she never batted an eye. Due to not living in the Asheville area, we did not meet her until we were getting married. She put us at ease immediately with her laidback personality. In the end, we got the most amazing shots that we are proud to display!

Sent on 12/09/2017
    Rachael McIntosh Photography 45
    Rachael McIntosh Photography 46

Lillis · Married on 06/03/2017

Rachael was wonderful to work with! As someone who hates taking photos, I was so pleased to find someone who made the process easy, comfortable, and fun. On the day of our wedding, I was super stressed and anxious, but Rachael stayed calm and helped us get beautiful photos in a short time! At the reception, she and her assistant got great shots of every aspect of the reception. For any bride who does not like taking photos, HIRE RACHAEL! You won't regret it.

Sent on 12/22/2017

Kat · Married on 05/28/2017

Look no further, Rachael MUST be your wedding photographer! She has logical yet flexible packages for every bride, as she wants to make sure you get the most of your time and money with her. Her communication is top notch, she is one of the few vendors who would respond to me the same day I sent an email with questions (which is always appreciated when you are making a million decisions!). Not only did our engagement photos and wedding photos turn out perfect, Rachael is an absolute BLAST to work with! She has a great personality and will make you feel comfortable in front of the camera. Love, love, love Rachael!

Sent on 12/29/2017

Easy to work with, Rachael made us feel very comfortable. Our photos came back quickly and were absolutely beautiful! Would highly recommend!

Sent on 03/19/2017

Lucy · Married on 02/03/2017

Rachael was extremely helpful and professional - we could not recommend her more highly! She made us feel completely relaxed and comfortable, and was so discreet during our small ceremony. It was so comforting to know we were in safe hands. She also really listened to what we wanted and captured the day perfectly, from portrait shots to genuine moments with our guests. We absolutely love our wedding photos and will treasure them forever. We would definitely use Rachael for future events.

Sent on 03/22/2017

Doris · Married on 02/03/2017

If the couple wants a photographer who can capture every moment experienced by the couple and their guests without anyone realizing a camera is near, Rachael McIntosh Photography is the choice! The myriad emotions of the occasion, as felt by all, were genuinely expressed in the many images we received. I shiver to think we could have missed those illustrations of happiness, surprise, joy, connection and love. Rachael got them all! She did so with aplomb..what a professional she is! Saying she was an invaluable part of the celebration is an understatement. We could not be more satisfied and appreciative of her work at the wedding and reception and at a dinner/dance the following day.

Sent on 03/23/2017

Payton · Married on 01/28/2017

Rachael was absolutely wonderful! I could not have asked for a better person to photograph our day. I look forward to future photo sessions. Her work is AMAZING!!

Sent on 04/04/2017

Sundari · Married on 01/15/2017

Rachel is a fantastic photographer! She is easy to work with and reasonably priced. Rachel was very familiar with our venue and suggested fantastic spots for photos. Rachel captured our wedding story beautifully. I highly recommend her :)

Annie · Married on 11/06/2016

Rachael is amazing. She is fun to work with and the pictures look great. I would recommend her to anyone!

Elizabeth · Married on 10/15/2016

Rachael was amazing and listened to my vision every step of the way! I never felt rushed as we talked through my vision and she provided great advice if I was stuck. My photos were stunning and she captured the day with her artistic touch that made each photo feel unique and special.