Professional Ministerial Services/Rent-a-Rev Reviews

88 | Algonquin, IL

88 Reviews for Professional Ministerial Services/Rent-a-Rev

Tricia · Married on 09/14/2013

Reverend Jim was totally awesome! He officiated at my daughter's wedding and I made it a point to officiate at mine too. He was everything I could have hoped for at our wedding and, if we renew our vows, we shall ask him to officiate over that too!

A simply lovely man!

Sent on 09/30/2013

Anthony · Married on 09/07/2013

What a joy it was to have Reverend Jim Rehnberg perform our wedding. With him comes a wealth of knowledge and ideas for preparing your ceremony. We enjoyed very much getting to know him and his wife as he diligently did his “work” in getting to know us and what we wanted.

Jim was eager to get to know us personally, which was wonderful as he brought that knowledge into play by making our ceremony unique and special to us. He was very easy to work with, and he brought humor and an infectious smile to everyone in our party.

Sent on 10/27/2013

Melanie · Married on 04/30/2011

We had a great experience with the Reverend. Coming from religious families, some family members were skeptical. Reverend Rehnberg won them over easily after the rehearsal and we received so many kind comments after the ceremony. After a bee unexpectedly joined our ceremony, Reverend Rehnberg did a great job of improvising and including that guest in the ceremony. He was also a great confidant as my mom passed away 4 months before the ceremony. He helped myself and my dad to work through how we would make it through the ceremony. We are forever grateful for his guidance during such a difficult time. He also helped us compose our wedding program, and our marriage license was waiting for us when we got back from our honeymoon. His promtness and professionalism were exactly what we needed and were looking for. I would recommend Reverend Rehnberg to anyone who wants a fun, happy wedding ceremony.

Sent on 06/10/2011

Aaron Dvorkin · Married on 07/26/2014

Jim Really took the time to get to know us and really made us comfortable thank you for helping make our special day go smooth.

Sent on 09/19/2014

Meen · Married on 03/29/2014

Great Service! Really made our wedding an experience. Did a wonderful job! Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/04/2014

April · Married on 06/14/2009

Rent-a-Rev provided terrific officiant service for our wedding. Rev. Jim is extremely personable and friendly and very easy to talk with. He took the time to understand our values and beliefs and incorporated them into our ceremony. Since we came from different religious beliefs, my husband and I thought it was going to be difficult to find the right person. But Rev Jim was a great match and our guests loved the ceremony. We highly recommend their services to all couples!

Sent on 11/19/2009

Anna-Marie · Married on 02/21/2009

JIm was wonderful!! we met with him before the wedding and just talked very friendly, didnt make us feel uncomfortable like others have. during the cermony I was a crying a little and he did everything to make the mood light and make me laugh so I wasnt a big crying mess. Thank you Jim !

Sent on 04/03/2009

Nicole · Married on 05/31/2008

Best officiant we could have found to be non-denominational. He made our wedding to be our wedding and not like everyone else out there. He personalizes your wedding for you and your husband or wife to be. He takes the time to get to know you and your family and I could not have asked for any one better then Rev. Jim!!!

Sent on 09/26/2008

Liz · Married on 12/29/2007

Reverend Jim was wonderful! We met with him once for about two hours and then I kept in touch with him up until the wedding. He definitely worked hard to customize our ceremony for us. Since we are of different faiths, he allowed us to incorporate some elements of both our religions. He made us laugh throughout the ceremony, but also made us cry. We received numerous compliments about him throughout the night.

Sent on 06/07/2008

Britt · Married on 11/01/2003

Rev. Rehnberg was a fantastic choice for our Christian ceremony. He was very flexible and customized his service to our desires. Many of our guests commented on what a great job he did and how much they enjoyed his service.

Sent on 10/30/2007

Duncan · Married on 09/13/2014

I looked up Jim after putting off having one of my friends ordained prior to our wedding. I was nervous about having someone marry us with the proper skills to entertain an audience. Jim met with us for one hour on a Sunday prior to the wedding and asked a lot of important questions. He could not make the rehearsal so he sent an employee to fill in the spot. This person is important to organize all of the bridal party. Beth did a much better job than a friend would have done. We finished our rehearsal in about30 minutes and it was painless. The next day our ceremony went great. All of our friends asked how we both knew a reverend that knew so much about us as our family friends knew we do not attend church regularly. Reverend Jim gets to know you personally in a short amount of time and turns it into a very personal ceremony. We were both thrilled with our ceremony that Jim put together after a very short interview and acted like a long time family friend.

Sent on 09/24/2014

Eileen · Married on 06/05/2010

3.0

Reverend Rehnberg produced a wonderful ceremony! He gave the whole event a very great atmosphere, gave people a few good (not corny) laughs, and handled everything so smoothly when the wind wouldn't allow our unity candle to light! Although he was about 5 minutes late to the ceremony, and then seemed to have to rush off immediately afterward, I barely noticed that (I was in the limo beforehand so didn't even realize he was late until I was told later) and the most important part was that he performed a great & personalized ceremony. He has a great personality, too, so he is a fun guy to talk with and even more fun to hear him speak! At the initial consultation he did quote us one price and then sent us an invoice for a different price, which he immediately corrected when we pointed it out. He had an assistant run our rehearsal, and while I wish it would have been him there to run it (my brother - the ceremony musician - had lots of questions about when to start playing various songs), Mary (the assistant) did a great job of running the rehearsal, and then she was even sweet enough to show up at the actual ceremony and make sure everything was running smoothly. Thanks, Jim!

Sent on 06/09/2010
  • O

Elise · Married on 10/10/2008

3.8
      3.5
      3.0

He was so nice when we first met with him. Then when we met with him at the rehersal he was kind of rushing us. It was the same at the wedding.

Sent on 11/04/2008