Chicago, Chicago, IL 60601 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 34
  • Meet the Team

About The Wedding Rev

Now doing VIRTUAL weddings!!

The Wedding Rev - Rev. Dave Angle is a well-known and highly reputable wedding officiant in Chicago, Illinois. Reverend Dave and his team of ordained ministers and pastors work hard to create an unforgettable ceremony that speaks to you as a couple as well as your guests. Each ceremony by Rev. Dave Angle or his associates can be entertaining or solemn, short and sweet or in-depth, and always focused on you as a couple.

Experience
Rev. Dave Angle has been a minister for over 23 years. He completed his undergraduate at Miami University in Ohio, then earned his Master of Religion degree from Trinity Evangelical Divinity School in Illinois. After school, he studied under the Evangelical Free Church of America, where he was ordained as a minister.

Services
The Wedding Rev team offers religious, non-denominational, interfaith, and spiritual ceremonies for couples of all kinds. Your ceremony can be simple or fully customized, and will be molded after your vision. Rev. Dave also offers premarital counseling for couples who want to prepare not only for their wedding, but for the many years of marriage afterward.

Follow The Wedding Rev on

Videos 4 Videos

285 Reviews for The Wedding Rev

Shana B. · Getting married on 03/02/2023

Responsive, Sincere, Fun

My long term boyfriend and I decided to get married with less than a week's notice. We're expecting our first child, it made financial sense as the due date got closer, so we got our license on Tuesday and then needed an officiant on Saturday. My mom was conveniently going to be in town already, hence the rush. The courthouse was booked nearly through the baby's pending arrival, so we had to go elsewhere. Reverend Dave not only answered the call but was truly outstanding in making our day special. We never really thought about getting married, but with his help our wedding was the most special wedding for us. It was quick and simple, full of laughs and love. He brought his own energy to the day, but also fed off ours making the day feel personalized and not just a formality we had to go through. I cannot say enough good things! My mom handled most of the logistical details, but due to the speed of the wedding and COVID we were unable to have anyone there. (This was preferred by us, but still kind of strange on the day of.) Reverend Dave not only set up and recorded Zoom for us so we could invite some family, but he also included a group of people in the park who were there for a proposal. Strangers though they were, it felt special to have some people there to give their blessing and cheer for us when we sealed the deal. We're so glad that went with Reverend Dave over the courthouse! Still a quick and simple wedding, the way we wanted, but one that was actual pretty magical and personal to us. 15/10 would recommend! He was outstanding.

Sent on 03/01/2021

The Wedding Rev's reply:

Shana, you're so sweet! I had such a blast with you, Nuru, and your mom. You two were so cute and how excited you were to get married. You make my job so much fun and worth it! Thanks for allowing me to be a part of your big day.
  • Armando

Armando G. · Getting married on 02/09/2022

Great Officiant

Dave was really on point with everything, telling us the whole process and what information he needed. Very responsive through email leading up to the event. As well during the ceremony he was funny and inviting which made the experience much more enjoyable since he was having fun and everyone there was as well.

Sent on 09/30/2020

The Wedding Rev's reply:

I did have fun because you two were so cute and excited!! I love how your families were so enthusiastic for you two to get married! Alicia & Armando, may you have many years of happiness!

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

The Wedding Rev FAQ

• Which of the following are included in the price?
    Ceremony Rehearsal
    Premarital Counseling
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal?
  • What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?
    Non-religious
    Interfaith
    Ceremony Rehearsal
    Vow Renewal
    Single Religion
  • What services do you provide?
    Allow Couples' Own Vows
    Licensed
    Premarital Counseling
  • What religious affiliations do you serve?
    Agnostic
    Shinto
    Sikhism
    Taoist
    Unitarian
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate?
    Less than 30 mins.
  • In which states are you licensed?
    IL
    WI
  • What languages do you speak?
    English

Team of The Wedding Rev

Rev Karen Angle

I am an ordained minister and went to Illinois State University studying food and nutritional sciences. I enjoy being active by hiking, biking, snow shoeing, and I love visiting state parks. I look forward to meeting you and making your wedding ceremony amazing!

+ More Details
- Less Details

• Love Story Weddings, Rev. Brad Hughes Wedding Officiants

If you are looking for the absolute best in wedding officiants, Rev. Dave is your man! A consummate professional who is detail oriented, energetic, and completely focused on you as a couple, Rev. Dave delivers exactly what you and your guests will love. I can't recommend a single officiant more highly than Rev. Dave. Meet with him...you will be very glad you did!

• Chicago Cinematic Weddings Wedding Videographers

Rev. Dave is not only a great on site officiant, he is also a good friend.Always the professional, and can take it down a notch so your guests really get to know you as a couple!

• Chicago Chicago, Illinois, 60601 See on map
    847-278-2495 (Phone number)
    Location of (The Wedding Rev)