The Wedding Rev

Chicago, Illinois View map Visit website

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

Now doing VIRTUAL weddings!!

The Wedding Rev - Rev. Dave Angle is a well-known and highly reputable wedding officiant in Chicago, Illinois. Reverend Dave and his team of ordained ministers and pastors work hard to create an unforgettable ceremony that speaks to you as a couple as well as your guests. Each ceremony by Rev. Dave Angle or his associates can be entertaining or solemn, short and sweet or in-depth, and always focused on you as a couple.

Experience
Rev. Dave Angle has been a minister for over 23 years. He completed his undergraduate at Miami University in Ohio, then earned his Master of Religion degree from Trinity Evangelical Divinity School in Illinois. After school, he studied under the Evangelical Free Church of America, where he was ordained as a minister.

Services
The Wedding Rev team offers religious, non-denominational, interfaith, and spiritual ceremonies for couples of all kinds. Your ceremony can be simple or fully customized, and will be molded after your vision. Rev. Dave also offers premarital counseling for couples who want to prepare not only for their wedding, but for the many years of marriage afterward.

Which of the following are included in the price?

Ceremony Rehearsal
Premarital Counseling

Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal?

What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?

Non-religious
Interfaith
Ceremony Rehearsal
Vow Renewal
Single Religion

What services do you provide?

Allow Couples' Own Vows
Licensed
Premarital Counseling

What religious affiliations do you serve?

Agnostic
Shinto
Sikhism
Taoist
Unitarian

On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate?

Less than 30 mins.

In which states are you licensed?

IL
WI

What languages do you speak?

English
illustration question

Do you have additional questions?

Message vendor

4.9 out of 5 rating

Shana B. Getting married on 03/02/2023

Responsive, Sincere, Fun

My long term boyfriend and I decided to get married with less than a week's notice. We're expecting our first child, it made financial sense as the due date got closer, so we got our license on Tuesday and then needed an officiant on Saturday. My mom was conveniently going to be in town already, hence the rush. The courthouse was booked nearly through the baby's pending arrival, so we had to go elsewhere. Reverend Dave not only answered the call but was truly outstanding in making our day special. We never really thought about getting married, but with his help our wedding was the most special wedding for us. It was quick and simple, full of laughs and love. He brought his own energy to the day, but also fed off ours making the day feel personalized and not just a formality we had to go through. I cannot say enough good things! My mom handled most of the logistical details, but due to the speed of the wedding and COVID we were unable to have anyone there. (This was preferred by us, but still kind of strange on the day of.) Reverend Dave not only set up and recorded Zoom for us so we could invite some family, but he also included a group of people in the park who were there for a proposal. Strangers though they were, it felt special to have some people there to give their blessing and cheer for us when we sealed the deal. We're so glad that went with Reverend Dave over the courthouse! Still a quick and simple wedding, the way we wanted, but one that was actual pretty magical and personal to us. 15/10 would recommend! He was outstanding.

The Wedding Rev's reply:

Shana, you're so sweet! I had such a blast with you, Nuru, and your mom. You two were so cute and how excited you were to get married. You make my job so much fun and worth it! Thanks for allowing me to be a part of your big day.
    Kailey B. Married on 07/16/2022

Amazing Reverend!!

We hired Reverend Dave for our wedding this summer. We chose him because of his humor during ceremonies. All of our guests loved him and came up to us after to discuss how it was one of the best weddings they have been too and how entertaining our Reverend was! Reverend Dave, made the ceremony so personal to us and included our “how we met” story along with personalized vows and things that we love about each other. He also helped out during pictures with making sure we had everything we needed, making the little kids smile, and helping get my grandparents situated. He went above and beyond for us! I could not be more happy with choosing him and was beyond thrilled with the day!!

The Wedding Rev's reply:

Kailey & Bill, I'm glad you had so much fun. I know I did! It was great getting to know you and your families and friends! Thanks for the awesome review. Maybe I'll see you around town sometime.
  • illustration stars

Did the reviews win you over?

Message vendor

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner

Team

Rev Karen Angle

I am an ordained minister and went to Illinois State University studying food and nutritional sciences. I enjoy being active by hiking, biking, snow shoeing, and I love visiting state parks. I look forward to meeting you and making your wedding ceremony amazing!

Love Story Weddings, Rev. Brad Hughes Love Story Weddings, Rev. Brad Hughes Wedding Officiants

If you are looking for the absolute best in wedding officiants, Rev. Dave is your man! A consummate professional who is detail oriented, energetic, and completely focused on you as a couple, Rev. Dave delivers exactly what you and your guests will love. I can't recommend a single officiant more highly than Rev. Dave. Meet with him...you will be very glad you did!

Chicago Cinematic Weddings Chicago Cinematic Weddings Wedding Videographers

Rev. Dave is not only a great on site officiant, he is also a good friend.Always the professional, and can take it down a notch so your guests really get to know you as a couple!

Chicago Chicago, Illinois, 60601
Location of (The Wedding Rev)

Other vendors in Chicago for your wedding