Professional Ministerial Services/Rent-a-Rev Reviews

88 | Algonquin, IL

88 Reviews for Professional Ministerial Services/Rent-a-Rev

sharen · Married on 02/22/2014

5 STAR REVIEW- WHAT MORE CAN I SAY.... WITH ALL THESE 5 STAR REVIEWS YOU KNOW THAT YOU ARE GETTING THE BEST WITH REV JIM. OUR WEDDING CEREMONY WAS WONDERFUL - OUR GUEST COMMENTED ON HOW GREAT THE REV JIM WAS AND IN FACT ONE OF OUR GUEST CAME UP TO US TO LET US KNOW REV. JIM MARRIED THEM YEARS AGO AND THEY WERE THRILLED TO SEE HIM. ALL I CAN SAY IS THANK YOU REV. JIM

Sent on 09/15/2014

Beverly · Married on 09/22/2013

Rev Jim married my daughter Liz and her husband Dave at the Morton Arboretum last fall. His joy, wisdom, enthusiasm and deep caring for our family was so evident; many wedding guests commented on the ceremony and what a great choice he was. My mother had passed away 5 months earlier, and we asked Rev Jim about 6 weeks before she passed away if he would consider marrying Liz and Dave twice, once in a smaller wedding at the Assisted Living facility she was at, and then later at the Arboretum. Jim was honored to marry them twice, and at Wedding 1 he did a special prayer for mothers and grandmothers. We all hold onto the memories from both weddings and feel very blessed that Rev. Jim was able to make wedding 1 happen for Nana. He jumped through a few hoops for both and we are indeed grateful....
    Bev Hudson, mother of the bride x 2

Sent on 09/11/2014

Sara · Married on 09/13/2013

I couldn't have asked for a better officiant for our September 2013 wedding! We wanted a ceremony that was short and sweet but also meaningful... and we got that and so much more!
    I found Reverend Rehnberg through wedding websites, emailed him, and he called me within hours. At our meeting with the Reverend, we felt like we had known each other for years. He was very easy to talk to and we had some good laughs too! Since we met with him months prior to our wedding, he was great about "checking in" with us up until our big day.
    Our ceremony was funny, personal and unique! Our guest were shocked to find out that we had only known Reverend Rehnberg for a few short months... they thought he was a family friend! EVERYONE was commenting on how great our ceremony was at our reception!
    We thought that his cost was very reasonable! We had met with other officiants that were MUCH more expensive and wanted to charge us extra to PERSONALIZE our ceremony.. um, excuse me, but it's OUR wedding ceremony, shouldn't it be personalized? Reverend Rehnberg never treated us like a "business deal" and get this, his one cost included a personalized ceremony!! During our ceremony, he talked about how we met and even let us use our own vows!
    I can't say enough good things about Reverend Jim Rehnberg! He's a great man and will absolutely make your ceremony unforgettable!
    Thanks again Reverend!!

Sent on 10/02/2013

Jacquelyn · Married on 09/08/2013

My new husband and I cannot be any happier about our decision to hire Rev Jim as our wedding officiant on Sep 8 2013. We connected with Rev Jim immediately, as he welcomed us into his home and spent time getting to know us individually and as a couple. Our ceremony was the perfect length and was both sentimental and funny. He personalized everything. As the bride, I felt at ease as Rev Jim queued everybody throughout the ceremony and kept the whole process smooth. We have received many compliments regarding our ceremony, thanks to Rev Jim, and we would recommend him to anybody!

Sent on 10/12/2013

Kimberly · Married on 09/01/2013

Rev. Rehnberg is amazing! When we were looking for an officiant for our wedding, Rev. Rehnberg was recommended to us. We arranged a meeting with him and met at his home. It was a very comfortable atmosphere. He made us feel right at home. He asked us questions about our relationship but really, it just felt like conversation with an old friend or family member. Afterwords, he assured us that there is no commitment yet and he encouraged us to look around to find the right fit. We told him that there was no need to look around, we would be honored to have him officiate us. During the course of our wedding planning, he kept in touch via phone and email to ask us how the wedding planning is going. He even asked us how our pets and family were. The day before the wedding, someone from his faculty ran the rehearsal. She was very professional and the wedding ran exactly how she explained it. The day of, Rev. Rehnberg made our wedding so very personable. It was a perfect combination of love, compassion, and humor. Everyone at our wedding kept telling us how it was the best wedding they've ever been to and how amazing that the reverend included so many personal things about us. Our wedding was perfect, all because of Rev. Rehnberg!

Sent on 10/08/2013

Samantha · Married on 08/31/2013

At the beginning of the wedding planning, I wasn't sure how I felt about finding someone to marry me over the internet, but as neither my husband nor I belonged to a church, it was what I had to work with.

Rev. Jim put all our fears to rest from the second we sat down with him on our very first meeting, which was over a full year before the wedding. Between that first meeting and the big day, Rev. Jim would call periodically to keep in touch, and every time we talked it was like speaking with an old friend. He even came to our apartment the week before the wedding to go over some last minute details, which helped us out a lot because it was the week before the wedding and I had a lot of work left to do.

Our ceremony was everything I wanted it to be; heartfelt, Christian without being overbearingly religious, funny, and, most importantly, personal. Rev. Jim used all the knowledge he'd built up over the time before the wedding and made what could have been a fake sounding ceremony into something incredibly personal and touching. He joked about our jobs, mentioned our cat, and in general just did a really great job at keeping the energy and atmosphere up during the ceremony. I had people come up to me afterwards who just assumed I went to church regularly and had known Rev. Jim for years because of how well he seemed to know us.

I would highly recommend Rev. Jim to anyone who doesn't want a cookie-cutter ceremony. He did a wonderful job making us feel like we were the only people on his schedule and was instrumental in making our wedding that much more personal and special.

Alexandra · Married on 08/17/2013

Reverend Rehnberg officiated for our wedding which included families that were Jewish and catholic. We were concerned when planning our wedding to make everyone feel comfortable even though we were not doing either a traditional Jewish or catholic ceremony. I was very confident that Jim would be able to do this and he exceeded my expectations. We still felt like we had a spiritual wedding without offending either group, and received many compliments on the ceremony from guests. I felt like he really made the ceremony about us and what we wanted without pressuring us into doing any traditions that we did not want.

Sent on 09/13/2013

Really understood our relationship and didn't really know us. He did an amazing job. He got to know our family and friends. Perfect and amazing. You can tell her is a family man!

Sara · Married on 08/03/2013

We had our wedding in Aurora in August of 2013 and I do not have enough good things to say about our ceremony. Jim was wonderful and our guests to this day still compliment us on it. Everyone thought that we had known him for years, when in fact we had only known him for about 9 months. He really takes time to get to know you and includes very special points in your ceremony. We were so impressed and would recommend him to anyone in a heartbeat.

Sent on 09/30/2013

Susan · Married on 08/02/2013

Susan & Rob

Rev. Jim was wonderful! Throughout the whole planning process he made us feel very comfortable! Our wedding ceremony was beautiful. He was well prepared and very thorough. Many of our guest thought Rev. Jim was a family friend & he knew us so well. We would highly recommend Rev. Jim!!!

Sent on 09/29/2013

kathleen · Married on 07/26/2013

Rev Jiim was wonderful! He gives such a personal ceremony. My guest were so impressed and delighted. May said it was the best ceremony they'd ever been to. The ceremony is so personal that you'd think he'd known you for years. He was kind and friendly. He gives you the ceremony that you want and it is so unique and beautiful. Ours made us laugh and cry and helped with our nervousness. I highly recommend him. Don't be fooled by the Rent-A-Rev name! He is perfect and works with you completely to give you want you want!

Elaine · Married on 07/14/2013

This was our 50th wedding anniversary and our children put it all on. My husband and I talked to Rent-a- rev Rehnberg and my husband was adamant that the service should not be religious, long or tear-jerking. I must say he did an excellent job. A little bit of religion, lots of fun little tidbits he had picked up on, when interviewing us and most important to my husband, short (15 to 20 min). I think most everyone at our party enjoyed this part of the evening.

Sent on 09/26/2013

Linda · Married on 07/14/2013

Reverend Jim performed a 50 yr vow renewal ceremony for my in-laws this summer. From the moment I met him I knew he was going to make this a very special occasion. He met with them to learn more about them and spoke to me about who they were as a couple, as in-laws, as grandparents. He did a fantastic job of making it personal, touching, funny and very memorable. I would highly recommend Reverend Jim and look forward to having him officiate at my sons weddings in the future! Linda Lipinsky

Sent on 09/30/2013

Melissa · Married on 07/13/2013

From the moment we met Rev. Jim, we knew we had met the man that would marry us! Rev. Jim is one of the kindest people you will ever meet. The time he spent with us felt like you were getting together with a family member. In our meeting, he took time to get to know us and then so brilliantly worked that information into our ceremony and vows.
    We have been married for five years now. We can honestly say if we could do it all over again, we would choose Rev. Jim again in a heartbeat! You will not be disappointed and your guests will even be talking about him for years to come! Thank you Rev. Jim for making our wedding the best day of our lives!

Sent on 09/04/2018

Sara · Married on 06/21/2013

As soon as we left our initial meeting with Jim, we loved him! He sat down with us and asked us about ourselves and our relationship together. He seemed to honestly be interested in the details of our lives. We met with a few more officiants, and each time we left them we did not like them because we compared them to Jim. After making our decision, we couldnt be happier! The ceremony was absolutely perfect. It was romantic and funny at the same time, which reflects the personality of my hubby and me. After the ceremony, people could not stop talking about him! People are still telling me how great he was! We are so grateful that he was the officiant for our special day!

Sent on 07/09/2013

Reverend Rehnberg is amazing!!! We met him for the first time at a wedding show in Chicago. One of our big concerns about hiring someone where we had no history was that the ceremony would feel impersonal and bland. This could not have been further from the truth. The ceremony was above and beyond anything we could have ever hoped for. It was heartfelt, funny, upbeat… it was perfect. We knew he would do a good job, but we were absolutely blown away. He exceeded every expectation we had. Rev Rehnberg is an extremely captivating speaker who does not read from a script. He took details from our meetings and masterfully worked them into the ceremony. It felt like he had known us our entire lives, and there was not a moment where he was not smiling. Guests were coming up to us all night talking about what a wonderful job he did. We truly could not have been happier with Rev Rehnberg.

Cheryl · Married on 03/09/2013

As a wedding planner I have had the opportunity to work with Rev. Jim
    He is WONDERFUL! I highly recommend his service. He gets to know each couple personally and add his humor, love and spirituality to each service. If you are currently looking for a minster Rev. Jim Rehnburg is the one!

Sent on 09/26/2013

Laura · Married on 07/27/2012

My husband and I were so thrilled with Reverend Jim at our ceremony! Leading up to our big day we were so busy but Jim was accommodating and spoke with us through the phone to get to know us and help us plan our big day. On the day of, he was so calm that it made me calm down leading up to walking down the aisle! The way Jim spoke about us to our family and friends was so beautiful. People were coming up to us all night commenting on how wonderful he was and asking how long we had known him. It was like we had known him for years even though it was just a few months! That just shows how personable and gifted he is at his craft. We loved working with him and you will too! He is worth every penny and we will be recommending him to all of our friends in the future who will be getting married. He will make your guests laugh, cry, and be overjoyed at your ceremony. He was one of the best decisions I made for my wedding day! Thanks Reverend Jim!

Mike and Laura

Sent on 12/21/2012

Nicole · Married on 11/19/2011

My husband and I hit it off with Jim right away. He is so down to earth, friendly and has a great personality. We did our premarital counseling with him as well and he offered us such great support and insight as we went through the journey of wedding planning. At our ceremony he was so personable and had our guests crying tears of happiness and laughing! He was serious at the perfect moments and comical at the right times. Several of our guests said that when they get married they will be contacting him!

Sent on 01/15/2012

Nick · Married on 09/24/2011

Jim was great. He took the time to get to know us and spoke with us several times before our wedding to calm our nerves. He is very funny and keep everyone in attendance on their toes and entertained. Jim's a great guy and made our day memorable and special.

Sent on 12/20/2011

Cathy · Married on 02/19/2011

Jim Rehnberg is so down to earth and wonderful. He took the time to get to know us and made our day very, very special. Jim married two of my girlfriends and he was just as wonderful then. We are very happy we chose him to officiate our special day.

Sent on 08/01/2011

Brooke · Married on 08/28/2010

Reverend Jim was awesome! We received so many compliments saying how great his service was. He was also very funny too! He was always there when we needed him, I didn't have to wait for days to hear from him. Very professional, talented, and a genuine nice man. I highly recommend Reverend Jim!

Sent on 10/26/2010
  • Sam B.

Samantha · Married on 07/18/2010

Rev. Jim is the perfect officiant. He gets to know you as a couple enough to personalize your ceremony. He blends the serious and the silly into the ceremony, which personally I needed. At our wedding, when I was saying my vows, I was having trouble speaking I was crying so much lol so Rev. Jim said "For richer or richer" to get me to laugh ^-^ It gave me a few moments to collect myself so I could speak, and I really appreciated that he realized I was having trouble lol. And it was a fun moment. He was also really great for us since my husband and I have really different faith backgrounds. He's perfect for couples who need help blending faiths together ^-^

Sent on 07/28/2010

Adrienne · Married on 06/12/2010

Rev. Jim WAS expensive FOR us... We are a budget couple, but... I am so glad we splurged on him! Our ceremony was outside.. And it did start to rain... Since it rained, we agreed on no chairs for our guests... Which, on the day of, freaked me out.. BUT, Rev. Jim took advantage of that and made our ceremony sooo intimate and fun! He was absolutely phenomenal and I was crying, laughing, smiling, you name it! Rev. Jim made our wedding soo personal! When we first met with him, we spoke for about two hours! We were just so comfortable with him! And he USED what we spoke about that night in our ceremony! I'm so glad we have it on film because it was so touching for us... Who doesn't love things personalized?? We HIGHLY recommend Rev. Jim! He is WELL WORTH IT!

Sent on 06/15/2010

Carissa · Married on 12/28/2009

I feel sort of funny rating a reverend, but he did an amazing job. My husband and I are very strong in our faith and were devestated when our church turned us down because we lived together. We thought we would never find someone to make our ceremony what we wanted that we felt comfortable with. We felt like this is one of the biggest parts of our wedding. As soon as we talked with Reverend Jim we knew he was the right person. He spoke with both of us on the phone and we had great conversations about our wedding and our faith. He then met with us together to talk about the ceremony and get to know. He called throughout our engagement to keep in contact and always emailed back and forth very promptly. Our rehearsal was amazing. He was funny and down to earth and make everyone feel light hearted and comfortable. People that were not even of the same faith as us were saying how great he was. He truly made our ceremony special and it sounded as if he had been our pastor for 20 years. We will always remember our ceremony and what a great job he did. It was very special and memorable to us thanks to Reverend Jim!!

Sent on 01/13/2010