Primetime Entertainers Reviews

30 | Somerset, NJ

30 Reviews for Primetime Entertainers

Vanessa · Married on 10/23/2010

DJ Adam did an amazing job at our wedding reception at the Manor in West Orange, NJ. He has such a great personality and knows how to interact with the crowd.He got everybody up on the dance floor! Our family and friends kept saying how much fun they had! I used Primetime Entertainers for my sweet 16, wedding, and I will definitely hire them again for future special occasions! Thank you, DJ Adam and Primetime Entertainers for doing an awesome job!

Sent on 11/08/2010

Sandy · Married on 10/15/2010

When I was searching for DJ services for my wedding, I was hitting up bridal shows and events to find the perfect one. Just as I thought I found them Jerry from Primetime cold called me, being in sales myself I was being polite and offered to listed to their script and then shoot them down. When I did they told me that is fine, but if I would like to stop in and see what they had to offer I was more than welcome.

I talked it over with my Fiance and we decided to check them out (they were a little closer to home than the company we were looking to book), and we were blown away with the price, so much less exepnsive than the place we were looking at. We thought it was too good to be true, so we asked to see them at a bridal show. A week later sampling food from another hall, watching ladies parade around in wedding gowns, we watched Barry perform his "please book with us" DJing. WE LOVED HIM! We called Primetime the next day and booked.

Barry had the same fun loving personality that we do, and he really made the night fun and upbeat, there is not one picture of someone with out a smile. They really made the night!!

Sent on 11/17/2010

Melissa · Married on 07/18/2010

Dear Jerry & Jason

Thank you for all of your hard work and planning - you really helped make our wedding great. My phone calls were always answered quickly and courteously. Your suggestion on this team was perfect - they were the best many DJ's many of us in attendance had ever experienced! Vinnie was very funny on the mic and Kevin was a great dancer/assistant. Your Photographer was the kindest yet most professional photographer anyone had seen. He did an excellent job and was a joy to have there. Thank you all again! We will always keep you in mind for any future events that we may plan. Thank you again.
    Melissa & Zhe Somerset, NJ Wedding @ The Palace

Sent on 07/23/2010

Jessica · Married on 07/11/2010

We cannot thank you enough for the wonderful job Primetime did for our Wedding. Barry was fabulous! Our family and friends cannot stop talking about what fun they had. Thank you again for making our day so wonderful.

Jessica & Matt Channel Club

Jay · Married on 07/03/2010

Our wedding was held at The Tides in North Haledon. Between the caterer and the entertainment it was truly a day to remember. My wife and I think MC Junior matched up perfectly for what we envisioned we wanted for our wedding. The office staff was tremendous. We planned our wedding long distance and Primetime made it easy with their online planner and their responsiveness to our concerns and questions. Things went so well, my sister in law is using them for her wedding next year!

Desi · Married on 05/15/2010

Primetime did a great job providing the entertainment at our wedding. We received so many comments from our guests about the great music selection and what a fabulous time they had. Everyone loved the room lighting as well. Vinnie and Irwin were great!! I was sooo happy with the work they did to make our wedding great!! We could not have asked for more!!

Prin · Married on 05/01/2010

We relied on Primetime to select the best MC for our wedding and they made the perfect pick for us. Vinnie did a wonderful job, and he stepped up to the plate when my cocktail hour musicians bailed after 20 minutes of live-playing. I appreciated that he was in such candid contact with my caterer, myself, and even some oft he guests. He was very sweet, and he managed to re-organize himself to play cocktail hour while still hosting the music intended for the reception. He did a great job! His MC skills were classy, and he wasn't trying to be cool. He blended in very nicely with our laid back venue, and that's exactly what I wanted. I think Vinnie did a great job trying to reach me before the wedding, but we just couldn't talk. So, he didn't have a lot of directions from me other than what I had written. My husband and I were really excited each time a song played that we had hoped for. Prior to the wedding, I was either dealing with a family emergency, driving in a car, going to my rehearsal, and getting dressed for my wedding. Vinnie did a great job, and the customer service from Primetime was consistently friendly and helpful.

Sent on 06/02/2010

Primetime Entertainers's reply:

Hi Prin - Vinnie truly appreciate meeting your family and guests and wishes you and Bryan a lifetime of happiness. Thank you for allowing us to be part of this special day. The Primetime/Prestige Event Productions Team

Kim · Married on 11/21/2009

Primetime did a fabulous job from start to finish. Everyone was extremely helpful with answering questions and providing options. We were able to do everything via email or over the phone which was very convenient. They were already at the hall when my husband and I arrived and the night was a huge hit because of them. The music was great and all of our guests told us what a great time we had. They did everything exactly the way we wanted it done from our "do not play list" to our requests for certain songs. I would recommend then to anyone and would absolutely use them again should I have the need for a DJ.

Sent on 03/15/2010

Leslie · Married on 09/05/2009

WOW! Hard to imagine anyone saying anything bad about this company. My experience was fantastic. Thank you so much for making our wedding the most special day of our lives. Jerry please feel free to use Michael and I as references. It would be our pleasure to repeat the great things our guests were saying after the event. Thanks again!

lia · Married on 08/16/2009

My husband, Taylor, and I used Primetime Entertains for our August 16th wedding. They were the perfect choice. From the start they were wonderful to work with. The staff was cheerful and friendly. I found myself telling the sales guy my entire life story. They invited us to an open house at their office and it was beautful. Our car was parked by a valet and we were served champagne at the door. I must say that I was impressed. The extravagant display made me worry about their pricing but I was pleased to find that they were very reasonably priced and were willing to help me work around my budget. We met a bunch of djs that night and knew we were definately going with that company before we even walked out the door.

I have to admit that I am a huge control freak. With something as important as my wedding...I just wanted to know that everything was taken care of. Primetime made me feel very comfortable and they helped me pick out which dj would be best for our style. No matter when I called someone (usually Nikki-she was so sweet and helpful!) was able to get back to me within a few hours . They provided me with an online planner to take care of all of my music choices and the general outline for my reception. It was great.

They even helped me get a photo booth for my wedding! We set it up in the corner and it was a huge hit! We put out a scrapbook and had everyone put one of the two copies into the book with a little message. They got to keep the other as their gift.

Everyone danced and we had an amazing time. I couldn't have asked for anything more.

Sent on 09/25/2009

Bernadette · Married on 08/15/2009

My wedding was amazing. The room was uplit the exact colors of my bridesmaids dresses. The music was pumping. The plasma screens showed pictures of my party, as well as my photo montage. The best part about Primetime Entertainers was how easy i was able to get in touch with them when I needed to. They always answered their phones or returned a phone call very promptly. I was a borderline bridezilla and they really helped calm me down. Thanks Jason, you're the best!!!

Anthony · Married on 05/24/2009

Jerry and Jason are always a pleasure to work with and I recommend them to all my brides as I am in the wedding planning business myself. I have been dealing with Primetime for almost 7 years now and they always treat my clients with the utmost professionalism.

Sent on 02/02/2010

Jackie · Married on 04/25/2009

DJ Randy was awesome!

Sent on 11/10/2010

Laura · Married on 07/28/2007

They were a great company to work with, from the office staff, sales, and dj. I couldn't have been happier with the service I received from them. My family and friends had a wonderful time, and a large portion of that is because of the DJ.

Sent on 11/17/2008

Jamie · Married on 04/16/2011

Matt and the rest of the staff at Primetime were a pleasure to work with! They are knowledgeable and professional. Matt did a fabulous job using my specific requests for the ceremony and the reception was a blast!

Sent on 04/30/2011

Primetime Entertainers's reply:

Hi Jamie & Steve - Thanks so much for allowing us to be part of your special day. You have terrific family and friends! We wish you many happy years of wedding bliss. :) Jason, Michelle, Jerry and the Prestige/Primetime family

Gina · Married on 07/17/2010

I had to drop you a quick note of thanks. We had our daughter’s wedding last week at an upscale & intimate location, and we were delighted that you sent us Dave and Russell! They were so courteous & professional. The quickly “got” our needs for the party. They played the right music, readily took our guests’ requests, mingled appropriately, and kept everyone happy & dancing. We were really impressed with them. They made sure that the volume was appropriate for the space. No one left with a hearing loss. No one needed to shout to have a conversation.

They treated us & our guests like friends. The frequently checked in with me to be sure everything was okay. And it always was! Thank you so much for sending them our way. We’ll hope to connect with them both again – for future parties. Hang on to them. They’re quite wonderful.

Gina S Warren NJ Wedding Reception @ Twin Brooks CC

sean · Married on 01/18/2009

we asked for a very quit dj and they were great. did not play a couple of songs we asked for but still were great.

Sent on 01/03/2010

Nadine · Married on 09/21/2008

The DJ and MC we hired for our wedding were perfect. They were fun, kept the crowd going the whole night. Not once was our dance floor empty. We had them do our ceremony music, cocktail hour and the reception and they did not charge us any extra. We had so many details for the DJ and they were so accommodating and they did everything more than we could have hoped for. Because when the reception is going, yes the food is important and the actual venue, but people will remember if they had a good time and that is the DJ's responsibly to run the party. They did an amazing job and they were priced just right!!

Sent on 11/02/2008

Dana · Married on 12/31/2010

We had DJ Vinnie and Lighting expert Kevin at our wedding. They were great. They played what we liked and everyone was up dancing. They did have a technical difficulty during the evening, but they bounced back in seconds and everyone was happy. You get to pick your own DJ out of many and they are all great. The prices were negotiable and the service was great. I gave them a 4/5 for responsiveness bc I had to call them the week of my wedding so I could get a hold of my specific DJ. But I shouldnt have worried, he was great!

Sent on 07/09/2011

Andrew · Married on 07/10/2010

Primetime provided a unique experience for our wedding at the Nassau Inn in July 2010. We wanted something completely different and Primetime delivered what many of our guests are describing as the best wedding they have been to. Jason MCd the event with Anthony, Greg and Kurt and Irwin as DJ. All were superb and went above and beyond what we had asked or even expected - which was a lot! We worked well with Jason, he paid attention to every detail and pitched the event "just right" for the occasion. Primetime also provided uplighting that transformed the Prince William Ballroom into something out of Hollywood. Primetime's team played the music we wanted and similar genres to get the party going, kept it going and ended in spectacular fashion. We would recommend Primetime without hesitation. Thank you Jason and team for a great event, party and memories!

Andrew & Leslie S Princeton, NJ

Lauren · Married on 06/04/2010

Our MC was Randy. I cannot tell you how impressed and happy I was with his performance! He played a great variety of music and got my guests involved with the whole wedding!! My husband and I wanted two things for our wedding, good food and a party and boy did we luck out with both! Randy made the night a hit and I cant thank him enough for the job he did!!! Thank you RANDY! You're the man!! Love, Burak and Lauren.

Sent on 07/02/2010
  • ChapelAnd

Prin · Married on 05/01/2010

I found their services to be very friendly and their website to be very practical for planning purposes. Overall, I was thrilled with my DJ - I only hired them for the reception, and I had booked a live string quartet for my ceremony and cocktail hour. When that booking decided to leave the cocktail hour early, my DJ stepped right in and filled in for the rest of the cocktail hour into the reception, without charging me more or leaving early. The music selection was very close to all of our requests, and we had made many special requests. The only negative about this DJ vendor is that they wait too long to provide the DJ with your final planning information. My DJ called me the morning of my wedding to ask me if I had some of my special requests in CD for him. He eventually found all of the music on his own before the reception, but I didn't blame him for that. He had no idea we had made special requests until late. No one had gotten back to me after I submitted my event planner, so I concluded all was well. Aside from that, I would use them again. I would recommend anyone who uses them to confirm that after they have received your event planner that they actually have the ability to find the song versions you selected, and that your actual DJ for that night reads your special notes.

Sent on 02/01/2011

Aimee · Married on 05/01/2011

Primetime was a dream! Their website made it easy to build a playlist, they had everyone dancing and they catered to our special requests.

Sent on 06/06/2012

Valarie · Married on 05/22/2010

Overall, we were pretty pleased with the service we received from Primetime Entertainers. Their web site was easy to use, making choosing our song list and taking care of payments convenient.

Prior to the wedding, we were assigned our DJ, Mike, who spoke with us on the phone regarding our various requests. We had a lot of them, but Mike was very patient with us and helped us figure out how to make everything work.

On the day of, Mike was prompt and fulfilled all of our requests. Everyone seemed to have a really great time dancing! However, if you're having a younger crowd overall, I might go with another group. A lot of friends our age didn't seem to like the music, however, we thought it struck a nice balance that allowed all generations to dance. We wouldn't have changed a thing!

Sent on 06/08/2010

Primetime Entertainers's reply:

Hi Valerie! Thanks so much for the feedback. It nice to hear from you - all our pre-event conversations were with Jared - lol. Although Mike was a perfect fit for this event, rest assured we have other staff members that caterer to a younger set- click to www.primetimenj.com and check out Greg,Steve and Russell. See you at your next celebration! Jerry, Jason and the Primetime/Prestige Event Productions team.

Alysse · Married on 08/27/2011

3.5

Overall, we were happy with our experience with Primetime. We used them for the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception including an MC and a DJ as well as a gobo spotlight. However, when we first met with Jerry and signed our contract he asked that we look at some youtube videos of his MC's and pick out who we thought would be the best fit for what we were looking for. We began reaching out about a week before the wedding to have our final walk through with the MC and it took until 3 days before the wedding to finally connect with someone to only find out that the MC we chose was not doing our wedding. I was very upset and frustrated by this until we had our walk through with Barry. He was very easy to talk to and get along with. He made me feel much more comfortable with the situation right from the start. We got married in the middle of a hurricane and he assured us he would be there no matter what and of course he showed up there the day of with a big smile on his face ready to get the party started. He played everything we asked him to and avoided everything we told him not to play. If you are considering Primetime for your wedding, I would highly recommend requesting Barry as your MC.

Sent on 10/14/2011