One Love Photography Reviews

21 | Portland, OR

21 Reviews for One Love Photography

Carol · Married on 02/14/2019

Yahoo! Thats right Folks
    Theses two are a match made on earth .No other couple can give you this top rate service.
    They will dazzle you with your creativity

Sent on 04/06/2018
  • Alyssa

Alyssa · Married on 06/03/2017

Kat did my engagement and wedding photos, she is absolutely a joy to work with. We wanted to be a little adventurous for our engagement photos and she joined us as we ended up taking photos in the columbia gorge, which came out wonderfully. I haven't seen my wedding photos yet, but the sneak peak ones I have seen are absolutely amazing and am so happy I chose Kat to be part of my wedding day.

Sent on 06/08/2017

One Love Photography's reply:

Thank you Alyssa! You and Caleb had such a great celebration and we were elated to be a part of it!!

Mandi · Married on 08/06/2016

We chose photographers to meet with who had great photos. But what we were looking for was a photographer we "clicked" with (no pun intended!) That's exactly what we got, and more with Kat.

I knew Kat and Mike were going to be awesome when we met them for our first meeting at a brewery and Kat hugged me like I was her long-lost best friend. I left our meeting telling my fiancé: "I think we are going to be real friends with them, like hang out and stuff, because she's super organized and they are such fun couple!"

As we have moved forward, Kat is the vendor I don't worry about. In fact, I feel like she's actually another planning resource and a friend who is genuinely as excited about our wedding as we are.

Fast forward to our engagement session: Kat talked me through outfit dilemmas, make-up questions, you name it, she basically talked sense into me via text and, Facebook, and email in the weeks and days leading up to our session. The actual session itself turned into one big fun hang out session with Kat and Mike--I forgot we were even doing photos anymore.

Then the photos were delivered and there were so many good ones I didn't know how to start choosing. She did a great job of capturing us--those rare moments and looks that we know so intimately played out on camera for all the world to see just how in love we were. She made it fun, and that showed on camera.

I am so thankful I chose Kat, and I would recommend her in a heartbeat!

I will update again after we are married next August!

Sent on 10/18/2015

Diane · Married on 07/16/2016

Kat did such an amazing job. Not only are Kat and Mike super sweet and personable, Kat is very organized and skilled. We had a really fun engagement shoot with them. The photos were great! Then Kat got right done to business planning for the wedding. We had a long list of guest portraits we wanted to do, and Kat was totally open to it. We were running late day-of and Kat and Mike we both super chill and worked with us to get all the photos we wanted done! They were a great addition to our day, and the results are perfect!

Sent on 08/08/2016

Haley · Married on 08/15/2015

What can I say about Kat and Mike? They are amazing in every way possible! I knew from the moment I got in contact with Kat that I wanted her to be our wedding photographer. She is full of energy and I love her bubbly personality. I had so much fun meeting and planning with her over the months before our weeding. She is very professional and plans everything to the T to accommodate for your wedding day schedule. It helped with the flow of our wedding day, especially since we did shots at three different locations.

The best thing about Kat and Mike is hanging out with them on our wedding day. They are so much fun! Tyler and I were laughing and making jokes with them all day long. Not to mention they did a beautiful job creating moments we will cherish forever. I cannot thank them enough for all their fabulous hard work. They defiantly create their brand off of friendship and quality work. On your big day they will be with you for only a few hours, but your gratitude and friendship with them will last forever.

Sent on 02/20/2016

One Love photography provided services for my wedding. I was very pleased with the photography from Kat and Ashley. Kat was quick to respond to any of my questions and really listened to what I wanted. She went beyond her duties on the wedding day and gave me advice on making the wedding run smoothly. She was very attentive to my needs and got all the pictures I asked for. I have a big family and did not want to spend the whole day taking pictures, because of this some of the pictures that were captured were not the best; not because of the quality but because of not getting the right shot. In all defense to One Love photography this was my doing as I asked for a rushed photo shoot. Overall, I was very pleased with the pictures and the turnaround for getting my pictures. Great quality for a reasonable price!:)

Sent on 10/05/2015

shayna · Married on 10/18/2014

She is sooooo amazing! When things go bad she stays calm an takes care of it!

Sent on 11/16/2014

Lynn · Married on 10/11/2014

We were very impressed with Kat and Mike's professionalism and attention to details. Kat is very kind and worked well with my friends and family. My husband and I loved her photo journalism type style in capturing our important moments of the day. She and Mike are flexible and willing to explore all the fun Pinterest ideas that came her way from our friends. Not only did we have great photos, we also developed a friendship! Thank you Kat and Mike!

Sent on 12/28/2014

Brian · Married on 10/05/2014

Usually, you get what you pay for….and sometimes you get a little extra. But not with Kat Patterson. The Kat Patterson experience is much more substantial.

Imagine an old-world artist with integrity through her core. Imagine that person as a family member who wants the best for you. She’s also hyper-organized, enthusiastic like a cheerleader, and up to date on all the technologies. She’s Kat Patterson.

You encounter people like her rarely, perhaps a handful of times, ever.

We hired Kat to photograph our wedding. She talked big during our first conversation. Our day arrived ten months later when she over-delivered on every promise.

She captured all the right moments -- even the ones we weren't aware of. And not just through a few good shots -- lots, and lots of good photos -- so many good ones that choosing the best of the best becomes a new challenge, a good problem.

We truly recommend Kat Patterson.

Sent on 10/21/2014

One Love Photography is the best. We give an unqualified recommendation to anyone for any event. We found out about the photographer through their website. The wedding photos of a couple at Haystack Rock in the rain were lovely and memorable. The couple had clear umbrellas, which was a clever way to stave off the rain while still getting the photos. It was a beautiful, whimsical solution to a common occurrence in the Northwest.

We met with Kat and Mike, and knew instantly that they were the photographers for us. They were easy to work with. They captured the event with great care, innovation and versatility. Every photo is memorable and told our story from beginning to end. They were able to capture expressions and intimate moments with each other and family.. Both Kat and Mike are professional, and yet became a part of our wedding. Even before the wedding they felt like family. My sister said that she enjoyed talking with both immensely. They have done this enough and were wise to build in some breaks, so that we could all take moments to relax and not have a non-stop photo shoot before the wedding. A wedding really is the most important day of your life. We trusted them, and everything turned out beautifully. We had so much fun, we'll have an anniversary party at some time to bring together all of the wonderful family, friends and vendors... one more time.

Sent on 11/09/2014

Beautiful photos of our special day! Thank you!

Sent on 10/06/2014

Stephanie · Married on 08/09/2014

Working with Kat was a wonderful experience. She was well-prepared and knowledgeable, and she put me and my husband at ease in front of the camera for both our engagement and wedding photos. She did a great job capturing amazing photos while also letting our personalities shine through. Leading up to the wedding she kept in contact with me and we talked through what the wedding was going to look like. The day of the wedding I felt very confident that she knew what she was doing and I didn't have to worry about anything at all. I would definitely recommend Kat as a wedding photographer if you want to have input on your photos and want someone who will be very responsive to your questions and concerns.

Sent on 08/26/2014

Cher · Married on 07/12/2014

Aside from saying "I do", hiring One Love Photography was the best decision that I made for my wedding day. Pictures are really one of the most important things because time is so fleeting on your wedding day and having great photos is the next best thing to travelling back in time to re-live the day (which you will want to do so badly). Two things that really stood out to me when it comes to this business- great communication and unity of vision. From the time that I contacted Kat, she was very attentive. When you are planning a wedding, it is so great to have a vendor that contacts YOU to make sure everything is in order, instead of having to chase them down. Not to mention promptness! It's only been 3 months since my wedding and I will have my wedding album within the week- actually it would have been done even earlier but I slowed down the process because I was taking my sweet time picking the photos (again, not a problem for Kat). I feel like anytime a friend gets married, they are waiting at least 6 months or longer for their album.
    Most importantly, the level of customer service is supreme. When I explained my vision, Kat understood exactly what I was going for and aligned with what I wanted. You could tell that she is truly passionate about what she does and wants her customers to be happy with the product. She is extremely talented, yet she is humble and takes everything you say as a priority. Even if you told her "I want all of my photos taken upside-down" I'm sure she would do it. I don't recommend having your photos taken upside down.
    Finally, I would be amiss if I did not mention Mike, the photographer's assistant. Mike is also very easy to work with. During our engagement shoot, he really helped put my fiance at ease and at our wedding, he was in charge of the photo booth, making it fun and easy!
    Overall, Kat and Mike are warm, charming professionals who will help make your wedding a success and capture your vision!

Sent on 10/04/2014

Heather · Married on 06/14/2014

Kat was a really wonderful part of our wedding day. She captured beautiful images that we will treasure forever and accomplished everything we asked of her that day. Kat was always smiling and had a way of making those around her feel at ease. She worked quickly and discretely. Some of our guests even commented that they thought she was family or a close friend and just another guest at the wedding because she fit in so well. My husband and I feel very lucky that we were able to find Kat and that she was willing to work with our special requests and unique wedding venue. We are more than pleased with her photography and professionalism.

Sent on 08/06/2014

Vandhana · event on 05/25/2014

Kat was amazing. With my crazy indian family she was very calm and respected everyones wishes. She was truly amazing!

Sent on 08/14/2014

Carrie · Married on 05/08/2014

Dylan and I are so happy with everything Kat did for us. We both were so impressed with the pictures! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!

Sent on 05/12/2014

charlene · Married on 05/03/2014

amazing job and alot of patience w/ the more difficult subjects

Sent on 05/12/2014

Ashley · Married on 09/07/2013

It was great working with Kat! She was professional, but also very comfortable with our family and friends. She took great photos and was really easy to work with. I would not only recommend her to my friends and family, I'm planning on having her do a shoot for us once our baby is born. Thank you Kat for capturing our special day, with special photos!

Sent on 11/10/2013

Rhiannon · Married on 08/17/2013

Kat is wonderful! She was so personable and very easy to work with. Will definitely be using her for my future photography needs! :)

Sent on 11/21/2013

Caitlin · Married on 03/24/2012

Kat was amazing throughout the whole wedding process! I didn't have much time to plan my wedding, and my fiance and I were living in Washington and got married in Oregon, near family. She walked me through all the ideas and options over the phone and was able to meet with me on my very short trips to iron out all the details.
    The day of the wedding turned out beautifully! She came with my bridesmaids and me to our hair and make up appointments and was able to get some really special candid shots. Best of all, she was able to keep my rowdy bunch of guys in line while doing the photos of the entire wedding party, which is not an easy task! All of the groomsmen and my groom really appreciated how easy she made everything, and how fun the whole process of getting their pictures taken was.
    She was so open to all of my thoughts and photo ideas and I felt completely comfortable just letting her be creative and do what she loves. I would highly recommend Kat to anyone, especially brides out there, wanting photos that just feel natural, candid, and fun. You will get beautiful photos that you will want to share with everyone!

Sent on 11/17/2013

Brianne · Married on 09/15/2013

Kat was wonderful! From the first moment I spoke to her I could tell that I was not going to need to be concerned about my pictures. She asked me to pick out pictures online that I liked so she could get a sense of my style. I immediately knew that she tailored everything to each as an individual. She checked in with me to see how the process was going and spoke with me a few days before the wedding. She asked for a basic outline and gave me wonderful advice. I was extremely nervous because the weather said that there would be rain and thunderstorms but she quickly reassured me that no matter what it'd be gorgeous. She had even visited the venue and said she had back up ideas if the weather didn't turn out well. The day of she contacted me and made me feel better about everything. She asked if I needed anything at all, even offering a coffee! Once we got to the sight even though there were several mishaps (not on her end just general wedding things) she helped keep my spirits up and was willing to do any shot that I wanted. The turn around on my pictures was amazing! I received them all within a week or two after the ceremony! They turned out exactly as I hoped and I could not be happier. I would gladly recommend her services to anybody looking for a quality photographer. I forgot to mention how unbelievably affordable she was too.

Sent on 11/13/2013