Now Jade Riviera Cancun Reviews

4.6 out of 5 rating
    4.6 out of 5 rating

• User3302880 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    This was our 2nd time at the Now Jade and we love this place. Our wedding coordinator Jacqueline Magallanes did everything in her power to make sure that we were happy with all their services. Every dollar we spent in the wedding ceremony and cocktail reception was worth it. I felt the that for a gay wedding the resort went out of their way to make sure that my husband, our guests and I were 100% happy with their service. The photography team from Adventure Photos also did a great job. Betsabé Reyes did an awesome job capturing the beauty of our ceremony. She took over 300 photos and our package included only 100. It took us 2 hours to filter through the picture set down to 144 pictures. We ended up buying the extra 44 photos because we could not limit ourselves to just 100 photos. There were so many good ones that we wished we could have afford more photos.
    Jodi Married on 04/07/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We made the decision to have our wedding at the now jade after spending a week at the resort a year prior to our wedding day. We originally had Fernando, but prior to the wedding, we had Pilar as our coordinator (she is the manager). I can't say enough about how well things turned out. The weather was iffy the day of our wedding, and Pilar did everything she could to hold off moving our wedding inside, and we got to have our dream wedding on the beach. I can't say enough about how amazing it was to work with Pilar, and the little touches she did for the reception and the day of the wedding. We had great communication with both Fernando and Pilar prior to the wedding. They were very helpful about about providing options for things like the gazebo. I worked with Pilar to the day of the wedding to have mimosa's and fruit delivered to the room on the day of the wedding for the bridesmaids and she made it happen last minute. A couple of side notes, the photographer that we go with the wedding package from the hotel, was fantastic! She took some of our favourite pictures, and we had hired and additional photographer for the day, so don't be afraid to go with the hotel photographer (and save yourself the vendor fee), and the spa had improved in quality since the last time I was there, so they now have an area for the bridal party to get ready and have their hair and make up done. (they didn't have that when we booked our wedding). So again I had brought in my own hair and make up person. But I was happy with the hair and make up that I had done for our romantic dinner (that also came with the package). Our friends and family have travelled extensively for work and personal, and they all raved about how great the resort was. So overall, we were very happy that we made the decision to have our wedding at the resort. You won't be sorry!!
    Briana Married on 05/12/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Fernando Hernandez, was an amazing wedding specialist my husband and I were blessed to deal with at the Now Jade. He was so friendly and reassuring of our ceremony. Everything was perfect and we had such a blast.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Alison Married on 12/08/2014
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We are thrilled with our decision to have our wedding at Now Jade. Our friends and family were thrilled with the resort (and are talking about returning for a vacation next year) and everything went to smoothly for the wedding. We didn't do all the planning before we got to the resort but Carmen made it easy to make little adjustments / recommendations once we arrived and reviewed the conditions at the resort. There isn't a single detail we would have changed. We even asked for a cake tasting and they made that happen!
    Highly recommended!
    TIP: we used the photographer included in the package, added an extra our of time for a flat rate, then purchased additional photos above the 24 included for $17 each. Way more economical than doing a bigger photo package. And we are so happy with the pictures!
    Cody Married on 04/29/2014
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Fernando was amazing, our day was perfect. He went above and beyond for us. I wouldn't hesitate to send someone back here for a wedding or even a vacation. Every one of my guests had nothing but great things to say about the resort after staying here for a week. Thank you guys for making our week so perfect.
  • Kate
    Kate Married on 11/11/2018

Loved our Now Jade Wedding

Our coordinator was so helpful, the entire staff is friendly and fun (Edgar the breakfast buffet waiter, Francisco the lobby bartender, and Pedro the Maitre d' were our absolute favorites), and the resort itself is gorgeous. Our guests were completely wowed by the entire experience (location, dining, our wedding events, the staff, entertainment) and we all plan on going back for a group vacation at some point. The only downsides were not being able to bring in an outside hair and makeup vendor (their in-house stylist kind of ignored my wishes and did her own version of what I wanted), and a potentially costly issue with the spa - but our coordinator stepped in and helped to resolve the matter. Overall, a fantastic experience - so sad I'm not still there!
  • User2926181 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I was not happy at first with the hotel when I was planning I went through 3 wedding planners do to them remapping the department. The 3rd wedding planner I worked with Sandra was amazing and on top of it. Everyone on the wedding staff that helped out the day of the wedding was amazing and made sure everything was perfect. It was very windy the day we got married and they had to change things I had for decorations because of the wind and they verified with me first with everything. The hotel was nice and clean. Used the salon and they did an amazing job on my hair and make up. I was worried after reading a few reviews but I had no complaints!!! Over all the day was perfect and could not have asked for anything better. We did get the fire dancers they were ok it got long and felt people got bored with them. If they could do a 20 min show I think it would have been prefect 45 mins was to much.

• Nicole
    Nicole Married on 10/23/2013
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Getting married at NOW Jade is easy as pie. The coordinators know what they are doing and you don't have to worry about a thing. If you wanted to, you could go there and plan your wedding in one session, that is how good they are.

Quality of Service:
    Once you get there and tell them how you envisioned your wedding, they take it from there. Personally, I must be one of the most controlling brides ever, but once I gave them all my stuff, I was calm as can be. Pilar is so sweet and knows what she is doing. She gave suggestions, and took many notes, and it all turned out perfectly.

Responsiveness:
    I gave only 4 stars, simply because up until about 3 weeks before the wedding, you had to wait forever to get a response. I get it, they focus more on the current weddings and I was happy they focused on us so close to our wedding but it was frustrating at times when you needed some information. But once we hit the three weeks mark, I got responses within 24 hours.

Professionalism:
    A+++

Value:
    I think the value of the wedding package was amazing. Granted we didn't do the dinner at the beach (rained out, and I wasn't too fond of the sand flies, but that has nothing to do with the wedding or ceremony venue), but the rest was amazing.

Flexibility:
    They are very flexible. As a matter of fact, we changed our reception location when we got there as per suggestion of Pilar because it accomodated our needs better. As I already said, Pilar is amazing. She was also very flexible when it came to the payment. Usually you have to pay a foreign transaction fee (3%, which came down to like $90) but I remembered that we didn't pay that fee from when we payed the deposit, so I asked her if we could pay the same way and she did it. Saved us money we could spend otherwise. ;)

All in all, the whole wedding department is beautiful to work with.
    Melissa Married on 06/27/2013
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We had our wedding at Jade on May 27th. We chose this resort on recommendation from friends who had their wedding there the previous summer. We had a group of 27 people and elected the Eternity package. Their online guide makes planning the wedding so easy. We chose the beach for the ceremony and the terrace for an hor'derve reception. When we finally arrived in Mexico 3 days before the wedding we were rushed to the coordinators as soon as we arrived to the resort. I was a little worried at first because it felt like everything was rushed.
    On the day of the wedding everything went like clockwork. Hair and makeup turned out great. Ceremony site was beautiful and reception was as expected. I would have given a perfect rating except Our flowers were not delivered to our room as requested. Finally, on the 3rd day after the resort located them and brought them to the room with a few extra arrangements. Also, about half of our party got sick to their stomachs during the trip. We could never pinpoint why, but it definitely caused a few people to be miserable the last few days. Outside of those 2 things, we had a great time and the resort staff was excellent!

The resort does 1-2 weddings everyday so don't be surprised if they are at first very slow to communicate. As the date gets closer they will get better. Don't worry, they are pros at this and when your wedding day is upon you everything will go like clockwork.
  • Alisha
    Alisha M. Married on 03/06/2021
    4.4 out of 5 rating
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Started rocky, ended with the best.

First off, we had a rough start. I had Emmanuel as my wedding planner, and he didnt care at ALL about my wedding- which is why I took off a star. He said things on the phone but the quote was TOTALLY different and way over priced. He also never got back with me and was like, we will touch base in May. Mind you, this was last October and my wedding was last week. I called and Jacqueline was my savior. Had Jacqueline in the end, she was amazing! She reviewed so much with me and helped us so much!! Id rate her a 10! I added and took off so much several times and she did everything to maket day perfect! She made my wedding beautiful and even dealt with all 3 outside vendors I got, the dj, photo and floral. I didnt go with their vendors as they were very very expensive. I did purchase a package from Now Jade, divine package, and added 10 ppl to it which gets pricey (150$pp ) and a few small setup additional charges as we brought the table runners and my welcome sign, etc.... The food was good and the setup was amazing she even coordinated with the DJ and myself throughout the night and went through my schedule perfectly . Jacqualine really made my wedding the best!
    Trevor Married on 04/18/2016
    3 out of 5 rating
      3.0 out of 5 rating
    Issues with sitting through "timeshare" and utilizing "coupons". Supervisor tried charging our account the night before we left back for the states and said we'll take care of it later.... Yeah right! Too much to explain but they could use a bit of polish.
  • Brittney
    Brittney B. Married on 06/08/2019
    2.6 out of 5 rating

Beautiful Property, Less Than Amazing Experience

I had my wedding at Now Jade in June and wanted to share my experience. This will be lengthy, but I think worth considering if you are contemplating hosting your wedding here. To begin with, let me begin by stating that I’ve worked in high-end hotels most of life. I have planned more weddings than I can even count, and therefore have a pretty well-rounded idea of what is and is not acceptable from a lodging facility. These opinions are my own and may be one-sided in a sense, but I hope help a bride out there make an educated decision. Let’s start with the good.

THE GOOD
    I’ve stayed at several all-inclusive resorts in Cancun, and Now Jade was much closer to the airport than any of the others. While in the past it’s taken me at least an hour and a half to get to the resort from the airport, it took us only about 30 minutes this time. At first glance this may not seem like a big deal, but most departure flights typically leave very early in the morning, so it really can make a huge difference in how your experience ends in Cancun (nobody wants to wake up a 4am to catch a shuttle 2 hours to the airport). If you have families traveling with small kids, it also helps ease their burden as well.

When you arrive to the Resort, you’re greeted with a cool lavender towel and sparkling wine. It was a very refreshing and relaxing way to start our trip, especially after several long flights and traveling in the middle of the summer. The resort itself is much smaller than most with just 1 buffet and 1 family pool (+ 1 adult pool). While some may prefer a larger resort, it also provides for a more intimate and well maintained atmosphere. Personally I found the smaller size to be less gimmicky than some of the larger resorts. It’s obvious they pay close attention to detail and take pride in maintaining a clean and pristine environment. Since most of the 30 people traveling with us had never been to a Resort like this before, the fact that it was smaller made it much easier for them to navigate, and also easier for everyone to find each other. In addition, their food is lightyears better than larger resorts I've been to, perhaps because they don’t have to prepare as much. They have a variety of restaurants for any palette, all of which were delicious and different in both taste and décor from the others. Spice was probably the most popular among our group, as was the Mexican restaurant.

Their guest rooms are much cleaner and more spacious than I'm used to at other resorts, although I found it strange that they had shampoo but no conditioner (I read that in a review and didn’t believe it – take my word for it, they don’t have conditioner at all). MOST of the staff members are wonderful. In particular, we found Martin (the server during our romantic dinner on the beach) and Sandra (our wedding coordinator) to be knowledgeable, kind, and helpful. There were several members of the entertainment team that were very kind and great with the kids, and all of the bartenders we met were very accommodating as well. The spa is gorgeous and offers a ton of options, although a bit pricey. Our couples massage was very relaxing, although the sales pitch for "premium oils" to begin with was a bit off-putting. Other than that, the services were well-done and professional. Their fitness center is also nicely sized and has a decent variety of equipment. My husband and I work out 5 to 6 times a week and were presently surprised with their gym facilities.

I found overall that the atmosphere was much more sophisticated at Now Jade than at some of the larger resorts as well. While it’s difficult to not get some party-animals at an all-inclusive resort, this one really seemed more elegant and reserved, which is what I wanted for my wedding. We had a few small children with us, but I wanted to make sure I had a resort that wasn’t the “Spring Break” type, but also not one that catered only to kids. If it weren’t for the flower girl and ring bearer I would have wanted an adults-only resort, but this was the next best thing to it in my opinion. I also found the Pergola to be a great alternative to a wedding on the actual beach itself. My husband and I love the water but are a bit OCD, so getting married in the sand had no appeal to us. The Pergola (ceremony), Ocean View Terrace (reception), and Mix Bar (cocktail hour) were all gorgeous venues for our wedding festivities that allowed us to have a wonderful view of the beach without all the mess that comes with it.

THE BAD
    When I started looking at venues, I put very heavy emphasis on the Planner at the Resort, as I know that the person you work with is almost as important, if not more-so, than the location itself. Finding it difficult to work with someone in a foreign country at a place I’ve never been sounded like a complete nightmare, so I wanted to be sure the process was stress-free. I wanted someone who could get back to me in a reasonable amount of time, and someone that was also friendly and informative. I booked through a third party (DestinationWeddings), so unfortunately I wasn’t completely able to gauge the level of customer service from each resort, as I wasn’t introduced to the on-site contact until after contracting for the most part. After choosing Now Jade based on price and ceremony location, I started working with Jacqueline to plan my big day. She was very friendly, but it took her what I found to be an unreasonable amount of time to respond to my emails. I tried to be patient in the beginning, knowing that my wedding was still 9 months away and that she had more pressing events to manage. However, as the process began to get more time-sensitive, her response times did not change at all. It generally took us almost two weeks to get responses, and most of the time the information she gave us conflicted with things she had previously told us, or was wrong completely. Every single estimate I received had incorrect information or was missing changes we had previously discussed. I found myself constantly repeating information and getting nowhere. EVERY SINGLE TIME we scheduled a phone call (which was 3 times I believe), she either was extremely late calling (30+ minutes), hung up on me in the middle of the call (stating that “something had come up”), or just didn’t call at all. I have a very full schedule and explained that to her multiple times, so I found these interactions to be extremely disappointing. Eventually even my guests started to complain about how difficult it was to get ahold of her. Finally after we were just 2 months out from our big day, I decided I had had enough, so much so that I even contemplated changing my wedding location completely. Although I had empathy for Jacqueline and found her to be kind, it was obvious she was overworked. Despite my understanding, I didn’t feel as though I should have to suffer during this special time because of it. The entire planning process should have been easy and exciting, and yet I found it completely stressful, 100% of which was the fault of the Resort. I finally reached out to their Director of Sales, basically begging to get a higher level of service. They were very understanding and attentive, and immediately introduced me to the Wedding Manager, Sandra. I was and still am grateful for the new contact, but don’t think it should have had to come to that conclusion in the first place.

While Sandra was great, I felt as though the Resort itself was extremely overpriced and inflexible. Having never been to the Resort before, I found it very difficult to get information needed in order to plan my big day. In addition, it very much seemed as though they were price gauging me knowing that my choices were limited and that I had little knowledge of the area and services available. Not only that, but I was told that I had a very limited window to set up the day of the wedding. According to our conversation, I was not allowed to set up my ceremony décor until 2pm, even though my guests arrived at 3:30pm. For the dinner reception I was told I’d have to have one of my guests set up our decor (which was basically just menus and name tags) while cocktail hour was going on; that there was no option to set up in advance. My guests paid a good amount of money to be there and traveled a substantial distance, having to ask one of them to handle some simple décor was an absurd suggestion to me. Moving forward, I was also told there would be 3 to 4 other weddings going on that day, so I was beginning to worry that my wedding day would be a chaotic mess if left to the Resort in full. After hearing these issues and seeing my cost increase drastically each day for silly things like having their staff set out menus (that I was providing) and moving chairs that I was renting THROUGH them from the ceremony to reception, I decided to move all of the decorations, flowers, rentals, and coordination to an outside vendor. I ended up selecting Matsumoto Eventos, who was honestly a lifesaver. Doing so was by far the best decision I made during this entire process. Their prices came in FAR lower than what I was quoted at Now Jade, even after the Resort charged me almost $1,000 for an outside vendor. After informing Now Jade of my decision, they told me they could match the vendor’s price and assured me that I would get the attention needed on the day of, which seemed like a last-ditch effort to keep my business. While appreciated, not only was I was getting far better flowers for a lower cost and much better customer service, but Matsumoto Eventos also provided a day-of coordinator that was solely focused on my event. Based on their pricing and inclusions plus the extreme level of dissatisfaction I was reaching with the Resort, I decided to stick with Matsumoto. Looking back now, I honestly don’t know how I would have gotten everything done the day-of without having the coordinator there. In addition, they for some reason let the vendor start setting up at 8am, even though I was told much later times. Overall, having Matsumoto take care of everything was a pivotal part in the overall success of my wedding.

One of the biggest non-wedding-related disappointments to me was the entertainment at the Resort, or lack thereof. I’m used to resorts with beautiful outdoor theaters and upscale entertainment, but this was nowhere near the case here. There was one night that they had a fire show outside that was decent at best, but every other night the entertainment was inside in a ballroom-type space, and was absolutely terrible. I tried to go twice and left both times just 5 minutes in. It was honestly a bit embarrassing, as I had bragged to my guests about how fun evenings were at all-inclusive resorts, and yet there was very little to do after the pools closed at 7pm here. There was a sports bar tucked away above the Spa, but it was disappointing as well. The one time we visited there (after our wedding reception), the bartender didn’t realize we were there and did a LINE OF COCAINE in front of us on the bar – no exaggeration at all. While sitting by the pool all day was great, after a while it began to get old, and there was very little offered outside of that. Although we didn’t want a party resort, we would have like to have some options past dinner time.

The restaurants while delicious and nicely themed, I don’t feel are set up well for groups. Anytime we came with a group of people it was pure chaos. They did not accept individual reservations and if you wanted to make one for a large party, there was a ridiculous fee for a “private function”, even if we didn’t require it to be private. At one point we had about 15 people and were all fine with sitting separately, but were told we couldn’t order the individual glasses of wine that were complimentary, but that we instead had to order and pay for bottles with a group this large. Yet another strange way they tried to get more money out of us. It ended up working out with all of us at separate tables, but it was extremely obvious that we were an inconvenience.

Overall I felt as though the customer service here from upper management was very… fake. Line employees were for the most part great, but any actual issues seemed to be addressed quickly and then taken off the table for discussion. It appeared as if everything was done to maintain their reputation, it seemed as though they cared very little about their customer’s actual experience. They did what was needed to keep their good name, not much more. I found in several instances that coming to a resolution was solely my own responsibility, despite whose fault the issue actually was. On the night of our wedding, we actually had about $300 cash stolen from our LOCKED safe. Upon realizing this the next morning, we called security immediately to file a report. From the moment security came to our room, it was insinuated that we were lying or mistaken, as if $300 was worth lying over after having just spent thousands of dollars at the Resort. The safe in our room had very clearly been tampered with (the cover of the safe was broken and coming off), and yet this was cautiously overlooked (literally as if we hadn’t even mentioned it) and we were told repeatedly that the Resort “was very highly ranked in the market”, almost in a threatening manner. Although the Resort did refund us $300 for the money stolen, they had very little interest in actually figuring out what happened, which frustrated me even more than the stolen money itself. We gave them very specific details about our timeline the night it was stolen, and yet they seemed to not care at all who was actually responsible, despite claims that they looked into it thoroughly. They told us it was our code that entered the safe, completely ignoring the fact that we had proof we weren’t in the room when it happened and further evidence that the safe had been broken into. When we brought this to their attention, they said they didn’t want to “go back and forth” with us, as if they were only refunding us to keep us quite. It was almost as if someone knew exactly when we’d be out of the room (you know… getting married) and that the following day was our last night there so that we wouldn’t have time to press the issue further. The person even went so far as to steal cash only out of both of our wallets, leaving everything else that could get them caught (like IDs and passports). My mother actually had a few pieces of clothing taken from her room as well, but decided it wasn’t worth the trouble to bring it up. In addition - my sister was also charged several hundred dollars in charges that she didn’t make, but when I brought it to the Resort’s attention after checkout, they made no effort to do anything about it other than to send me screenshots of the charges that again… should not have been on there. My entire family was so frustrated with them that we all just gave up and chocked these small discrepancies up as a loss. I honestly felt like an inconvenience and bother to them from day 1 all the way to after the wedding as I tried to settle outstanding issues, despite the fact that I genuinely tried to be kind, understanding, and fair to the best of my ability. At some point though, I felt as though I should be receiving the level of customer service that I had paid for, and it was apparent that this was just too much to ask for. The only person I truly felt like had a genuine concern for my well-being was Sandra, who very obviously tried very hard to make our special day indeed special.

It should also be noted that the hair staff at the Resort leaves a lot to be desired. I let my bridesmaids choose how they wanted their hair done, all of which showed the stylists at the resort photos for reference. They were all basically just messy up-dos, which should have been easy enough, especially considering I paid almost $200 a person for hair and make-up. My hair was literally the only one that looked anything like the photo shown, and that’s most likely because it was primarily down with simple curls. It was almost funny the styles they came up with and how different they were from what we asked. My little sister’s looked literally like a Mohawk; I genuinely think the hair stylist just did what he wanted to do, as it was not even remotely close to what she asked for. You could tell that every single one of my bridesmaids were frustrated with their hair (and some their make-up), but didn’t want to make a big deal of it so as to not cause any more stress for me. My little sister actually started to tear up at one point she was so frustrated with it. It was very disheartening to see how disappointed they all looked at the end of what should have been a fun and exciting experience. I suppose they could have spoken up more, but we honestly had no time to make changes anyway, and I still don’t understand why the styles they got differed so much from what they showed our hair stylists to begin with. I made the appointment for 7 of us to get our hair and make-up done months in advance, and yet was never asked what I wanted done before showing up on the day-of. I feel as though having this information could have very much prepared their staff, but again, it’s little details like this that were overlooked.

Moving on - while most of the staff was great, there were a few people that negatively affected our stay. One in particular was mentioned by SEVERAL guests. A little back history - the first morning we were there, my husband and I went to the breakfast buffet and sat down at a table outside after seeing no hostess. We were quickly informed that there was a VERY long line waiting for tables (we came in on another side of the restaurant and didn’t see it), and that we could not have that table. We were fine with the situation, but at this point my husband already had a plate of food and was walking back from the buffet thinking we had a table to eat at. Having no table now, we walked outside and he started to eat at one of the chairs outside of the restaurant. We then remembered that because we were Premier guests, there was a special breakfast place for us to eat. We headed over there and he set the plate he had down on a table in the foyer area so that it would get picked up, as we had nowhere else to put it and weren’t getting much help or information from the staff. We then walked into the Premier breakfast restaurant and Hilda was the hostess. She very hastily told us to hold on, walked outside, grabbed the plate, and came back inside. She then very obviously said something about us in Spanish clearly trying to be rude, thinking we wouldn’t understand. Little to her knowledge, my husband is somewhat fluent in Spanish. Apparently she said something along the lines of “you can’t just sit your plates wherever you want it, whenever you want”. We genuinely weren’t trying to be rude or messy, we just honestly had nowhere else to put it given the strange situation we were in. Regardless, I couldn’t believe she so blatantly was talking poorly about us even though she was standing not even feet away from me. When I asked her what she said (not bringing to attention the fact that my husband knew), she told me something completely opposite of what she had actually said. It was such a rattling experience that it honestly had me upset for the rest of the day, and this was our first day here! Apparently Hilda was also hosting at other restaurants throughout our stay as well, because several other guests complained about her over the course of our stay, stating that she was unreasonably rude to them as well. There was also a man at check-in by the name of Eric. My father checked in with him and was very upset when he first arrived, stating that Eric told him he HAD to pay for a Premier upgrade. My dad has never been to an all-inclusive resort and was very confused, stating that he was told there was no option NOT to pay for an upgrade. Luckily my father asked around, only after speaking to Eric realizing that he was being taken advantage of.

In addition, SEVERAL of my guests had to switch rooms during their stay. This was probably one of the most frustrations experiences through it all for me. They tried to WALK one of my bridesmaids to another resort, stating that they were oversold. I still can’t even wrap my mind around this, especially considering we were promised our group wouldn’t be walked since they were part of my wedding party. My Maid of Honor, photographer, and 2 other guests had to switch rooms during their stay because their room types were not available at check-in, as if the Resort wasn’t aware they were coming. Given the amount of money we all paid to get to the Resort and have our wedding there, I found this to be completely unacceptable. I even sent arrival times to the Resort in advance to avoid issues such as this, of which I doubt was even looked at. I couldn’t believe they tried to walk some of my guests, and that others couldn’t get comfortable in their own room until days into their stay. It was honestly one of the last straws for me, but I just didn’t have energy in me to say anything anymore. My guests were so great in going with the flow, but the fact that so many of my family members had issues with their rooms was a huge disappointment and something we should not have had to deal with at all.

Fast forward to the day of my wedding. While I understand the need for a Resort to make money, there were THREE other weddings in addition to mine going on in a very small vicinity of each other. I spent over $2,000 on flowers for the ceremony and got absolutely zero photos with them aside from the ceremony itself, as it was all taken down as soon as the ceremony was over - literally minutes after. That information was not even remotely relayed to me in advance, so I was very upset to see that I could not get photos under the Pergola that I worked so hard to design. If I had been informed of this earlier, I could made arrangements to take those photos first before the flowers were removed. But of course, this was overlooked along with so many other details. In addition, there was another wedding being set up in the garden and another on the beach, making it very difficult to take photos ANYWHERE. The photographer and I had gone out of our way to make a game-plan in advance, which became useless after seeing how limited our options actually were. When it came time for us to make speeches at the Ocean View Terrace during our dinner, we had to compete with sound from the ceremony happening at the Pergola directly next to us. It was a sea of brides and guests, all of which made for a very un-special atmosphere. Let it be noted too – I ended the evening with a “bonfire” on the beach that cost me almost $1,000 for basically the bonfire and a bar. While Matsumoto Eventos did a great job decorating it, it was the poorest excuse for a bonfire I’ve ever seen. It was literally just a few smoldering pieces of wood (or maybe even charcoal) that spanned about a foot or 2 wide. It put off no heat and absolutely no ambiance at all, I’m not sure how they can even justify calling it a bonfire at all. It would have been better just to do it without the fire part at all, it certainly would have saved me some money. I am pretty obsessed with bonfires, as is my sister, so it was pretty disappointing considering this was literally THE moment I was most looking forward to during my wedding.

A few other random things to consider: If you’re looking for a resort with wildlife, this is NOT the place. Every other resort I’ve stayed at in Cancun had birds, iguanas, and monkeys. You will find none of that here, literally none. While I don’t need animals, if you’re traveling with children, you may want to keep this in mind. The WiFi is terrible, despite advertisements about “staying connected”. AT MOST we could have 1 person signed on in each room and they had to sign on repeatedly. Many times throughout our stay the network in our room didn’t show up at all. Also – while their website very clearly states you get free green fees at several resorts in the area, be prepared to pay an outrageous amount for the shuttle there, rentals, and carts. We had several guests specifically excited about this amenity, only to find out once at the resort that they couldn’t afford the other fees. Also super random, but their mini-bar is absolutely nothing to write home about. Other places I’ve stayed have stocked tequila, wine, and other liquors, but this one only had a few beers, sodas, and water. For someone that doesn’t care for beer much, I found it to be underwhelming.

OVERALL EXPERIENCE
    Looking back at it all now - the wedding itself was absolutely beautiful, everyone seemed to enjoy themselves, and the pieces all fit together well enough, but I truly believe they wouldn’t have if I hadn’t been so prepared and consistent. The property is quant and gorgeous, there is no denying that, but there were a lot of things that could have been done differently that shaped my overall experience in a negative way. I understand things happen and genuinely tried to overlook what I could, but there were so many tiny frustrations leading up to the big day. Some of the things mentioned above are a bit nit-picky, but should be things you consider if it’s an option for your special day. Although I regret nothing, I think if I had to do it all again, I would spend my money elsewhere given the road it took to make my wedding happen.