Cancun, MX MX 0000Z Map · Phone number

About The Royal Playa Del Carmen

Somewhere between the powdery white sands of our Caribbean beachfront and our lush emerald gardens, you are struck by a feeling of utter contentment. All your cares disappear as you immerse yourself in the many pleasures of THE Royal Playa del Carmen – a AAA Four-Diamond all-inclusive resort exclusively for adults. Oversized luxury suites with high wood-beamed ceilings and ocean view balconies and terraces envelop you in magnificent comfort, while special options like swim-up suites and beachfront walk-out suites offer enhanced exclusivity. Attentive butlers attend to your every whim – both in your suite and everywhere else on this gorgeous Mediterranean-styled property.

With its quiet turquoise shores and upscale atmosphere, THE Royal Playa del Carmen is a destination designed for true enchantment. Spectacular international cuisine and immersive themed experiences await at each of the 12 buffet and a la carte restaurants and specialty lounges. Ancient Mayan rituals of relaxation beckon from SPAzul, including complimentary hydrotherapy treatments for all guests. Tennis, multiple swimming pools, and excellent proximity to nearby shopping and nightlife make THE Royal Playa del Carmen your chance to live like beachfront royalty.

Follow The Royal Playa Del Carmen on

4 Reviews for The Royal Playa Del Carmen

• Tawanda

Tawanda · Married on 07/06/2019

Our wedding day

We really enjoyed the coordination of events by Anat at the Wedding Center at Hilton Playa Del Carmen. She was available for every question I had from the beginning. Every detail from decorators, etc were on point. The food was delicious. The venue was gorgeous that the seaweed smell didn't bother me. We had so many great spots to take pictures. I would recommend venue for your next wedding. And, we had the Penthouse rooftop room that was the topping to our honeymoon after the wedding.

Sent on 07/07/2019

jelysa · Married on 07/14/2017

I just want to start of by saying that my entire wedding experience at the Royal was absolutely incredible and I would recommend this venue to anyone! I know when I was planning my wedding, reviews were somewhat hard to come by so I tried to include all of the details I could think of. I used Valerie DeJianne (Office 732-899-8400, Cell 732-267-7954) at The Travel Smiths as my travel agent, and she was so helpful. Most of my 49 guests booked through her as well, which guaranteed availability, amenities and amazing rooms. She succeeded at having three of my underage guests (15, 16 and 17 y/o) stay at the adults only resort as well! Working with her gave me such peace of mind and I did not even have to step foot in the office. My wedding coordinator provided by the Royal was Charon Fincken, as I chose the luxury package. From start to finish, Charon's attention to detail made me feel at peace. Although I was stressing about what could go wrong, she always responded in a timely manner and helped keep me calm. I remember calling her for the first time to make sure she was a real person! She was always so courteous through email and through the phone. She made sure that I felt comfortable and even gave me some awesome suggestions for literally everything. I know it can be stressful allowing someone else to handle the details of your wedding, but TRUST HER because she knows what she is doing! Pinterest was my best friend during this whole process, and Charon made my ideas come to life. After meeting her, my husband and I instantly clicked with her. She took her time getting to know us and who we were as a couple. She was so genuine and thoughtful. Not to mention, she did not leave my side the entire wedding! My wedding was on Friday July 14th, 2017. The ceremony took place at the wedding gazebo at 5pm. Cocktail hour was also outside, but i made sure to have my reception inside. If you have your reception outside, the party must end a bit earlier.

Sent on 08/11/2017

Robert · Married on 09/12/2015

We had a wedding with 64 guests at the Royal Playa del Carmen on Sept 12, 2015. In February we started planning the event and decided to choose the “Ultimate Luxury Wedding” package. Anat Rosengaus was our wedding coordinator and she did an excellent job of managing our expectations and making the bride feel comfortable with the decisions she made.
    We went about 15% over budget because there were several additional decorations that the bride wanted, which the hotel could not provide. The extras that I considered to be the most rewarding were plate chargers, additional LED lights (2 are only included), additional drapes, and fireshow for welcome party. We opted for a higher priced cake, which no one noticed or ate.
    Initially we were worried about the table decorations and how the reception would look. We were surprised by how clean and well prepped everything was. Anat did an excellent job with granting all requests and responded to all of our emails within a timely basis. We highly recommend using the inside ballroom for the reception.
    Perla Almonte did a terrific job booking all 34~ rooms at the requested locations and facilitating any changes we needed. Oscar is the manager in the front desk and is in charge of concierge services -he was very adamant on making us happy when we had issues. Jorge was in charge of food and alcohol services and helped us out tremendously with accommodating our guests and making the after parties possible. Jose was our butler who went above and beyond his call of duty by actually leaving the resort to buy us groomsmen ties that we had forgotten.
    Some hidden costs are shipping down to Mexico, paying taxes on those items, tipping the staff and professional hair/makeup (if you choose to use better outside vendor). Items in the package that we would not use again – or never used – are Menu Cards, Bridal Registry and Website, Suite Upgrade (had presidential), Chocolate Body Wrap (very uncomfortable) and Men’s Saver treat

Sent on 09/15/2015