Sandos Playacar Beach Resort

Paseo Xaman Ha, Mz 1, Lt 1 Playacar, Cancun, MX MX 0000Z Map · Phone number · Visit website
For 100 Guests $8k - $11k
Guest capacity 2 to 100
Availability Check your date
  • Photos & Videos 20
  • Pricing
  • Deals 1

About Sandos Playacar Beach Resort

Discover one of the region’s biggest and most beautiful beaches at this fun-loving Riviera Maya all inclusive escape. At Sandos Playacar Beach Resort you will have the time of your life with endless dining, Caribbean style and romantic settings for an unforgettable destination wedding.

Choose from one of our three wedding packages to celebrate your special day:

- Turquoise Breeze: Our extensive white sand beach is the perfect location for a wedding ceremony in paradise.

- Serenity Blue: Say your vows while surrounded by the vibrant tones of the Caribbean Sea.

- Hidden Paradise: Lush tropical gardens provide you with a serene and colorful venue for your wedding ceremony.

Follow Sandos Playacar Beach Resort on

Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 6
Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 7

Christina · Married on 12/15/2018

We had a great wedding at Sandos Playacar

I just came back from my wedding at Sandos Playacar and I miss the resort so much. I was worried to plan a wedding from Texas, so email was key to make this a success. I was enrolled in graduate school while planning this wedding, so I stressed probably more than I should have.
    Ruth helped me plan my AMAZING wedding and I am SOO GRATEFUL! She had to keep asking me for details, but it was my fault, I would forget to respond but she was always there to help me with a checklist of things I needed to do.
    We got the serenity package which had the reception in the garden and I paid extra for the wedding to be on the beach and IT WAS WORTH EVERY PENNY! We wanted our toes in the sand and that’s what we got, our guests even took of their shoes to get more comfortable.
    The beach is beautiful, the ocean is very clear, and the sand is white just like the pictures. (I live near Galveston, TX so I know what not so pretty water looks like). I was worried about the sound system, but it was great, it had a bit of an echo, but it was fine with me. We used the resort minister and didn’t do any upgrades and it was still beautiful.
    Our guests had a cocktail hour while we took pictures and there was even a “signature drink” which was delicious.
    The reception afterwards was so much fun. We had the Mexican buffet (TOTALLY WORTH IT AND DELICIOUS) and we had the DJ and he wasn’t bad at all, we tried to make requests, some stuff he had others he didn’t. It is possible to get a sound system if you don’t want to pay for a DJ for the ceremony and it was $50 per hour.
    I was afraid we wouldn’t have much dancing at the reception since it was only 24 people, so I asked for giant Jenga and cornhole which they provided! We danced the whole reception and even played cornhole (we could really play Jenga since it was on the ground plus we were having so much fun with cornhole).
    After the reception was over (at 9pm) they had a Michael Jackson show near guests’ services, it was great! Two of my guests are huge Michael Jackson fans and they were impressed with the performance. So my unnecessary fear of us being bored at the reception was for nothing.
    I chose to go with an outside photographer (Mayan Riveria Photography) which was a great decision for me and was well worth the $500 external vendor fee. Silvina did a wonderful job and was super professional, I actually give the credit to her for helping us get the dance party started. I tried to book with the photographers on site (Photo Pro) but they took too long to respond. When I expressed the issue with Brenda Carreno (Groups and Weddings Manager) she was very unprofessional and rude through email. I asked for a partial reduction in external vendor fee since it seemed more like an inconvenience since it was Photo Pro not responding in a timely manner, she responded impatiently with “either pay the fee or have the photographer stay at the resort to avoid the fee”. I was beyond upset and honestly thought about switching to a different resort, however Ruth saved the day with being very professional and patient with me. Ruth is honestly the only reason we stayed at the resort and didn’t go somewhere else.
    I was able to find out about this resort through Destination Weddings (Tracy Espina) and it was not a bad decision by any means, even with Brenda being uncouth and disrespectful. I would recommend staying on the Adults section of the resort to give you and your guests more privacy.
    The alcohol seemed watered down, but the drinks were pretty good.
    The Brazilian steakhouse was not Fogo de chao by any means, but it was a nice idea.
    The spa was incredible, we had a couples 25-minute massage that was included in our wedding package, with the help of Zarya we upgraded to 60-minute massage with a 20-minute romantic bath afterwards for an extra $100 usd. It was totally worth it, I wish the spa people walking around the resort weren’t so pushy and left our guests alone, but they work on commission, so I understand.
    The couples breakfast delivered the morning after the wedding was so good (I still dream about the orange juice).
    Lastly, there is so much to do at the resort, I was planning to go to Coco Bongo but didn’t need to because we always had something to do. During the day we spent most of our time on the beach just enjoying our time together and having some drinks. The next time we go we will stay for a bit longer and maybe do some excursions nearby.
    I can go on for days about the wonderful time I had here and the beauty of the resort, overall, I would (and plan to) definitely come back again. I had a great time and was so relaxed that I didn’t want to come back home. It reminded me of a cruise but on land, definitely book with Sandos Playacar. THANKS SANDOS PLAYCAR FOR AN AMAZING WEDDING WEEKEND!

Trish & Danny · Married on 11/18/2018

Couldnt have laid it out better myself!!

Sandos Playacar was magnificent in handling our special day!! We had a party of 30 there to attend our wedding with us and the entire 10 days as far as the wedding planner, ceremony, preparedness, and organization this was hands down our best choice. Monserrat Miranda was our planner and she paid such close attention to all the details that meant the most to us!! We couldn't be happier! Thank you Sandos Playacar!!

Sandos Playacar Beach Resort Pricing

Guest List

Here's what couples with similar selections spent on this venue:

$7,803 - $11,456
Get your quote

This venue offers the below options which may impact pricing:

• Bridal Shower
  • Barware
  • China
  • Glassware

Sandos Playacar Beach Resort FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? No
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? No
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Chairs, Clean Up, Event Planning, Glassware, Lighting/Sound, Linens, Parking, Set Up, Tables
  • What is the starting price per person for bar service? $ 15.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service? Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Signature Drink
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue? 100
  • What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue? 2
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 5
  • Describe your venue: Beach, Hotel
  • What kind of settings are available? Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor
  • What event services do you offer? Accommodations, Cake, Event Planner, Event Rentals, Lighting / Sound
  • What event items are available? Aisle Markers, Aisle Runners, Altar/Arch, Audio Equipment, Centerpieces, Chairs, Chair Covers, Dance Floor, Decor, Drapery, Furniture, Lighting, Photo booth, Tables
  • What food and beverage items are available? Barware, China, Glassware, Linens
  • What transportation and access is available? Parking

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 1
    Up to USD 2000 off!
    Get married at Sandos Playacar Beach Resort and receive USD 1000 discount off your wedding package when booking 30 rooms for 3 nights (90 room nights); Receive USD 2000 discount off your wedding package when booking 60 rooms for 3 nights (180 room nights).

• Paseo Xaman Ha, Mz 1, Lt 1 Playacar Cancun, Mexico, MX 0000Z See on map