Sandos Playacar Beach Resort

Paseo Xaman Ha, Mz 1, Lt 1 Playacar, Cancun, MX MX 0000Z Map · Phone number · Visit website
For 100 Guests $8k - $12k
Availability Check your date
  • Photos & Videos 25
  • Pricing
  • Deals 1

About Sandos Playacar Beach Resort

Sandos Playacar Beach Resort is a tropical wedding venue located in Cancun, Mexico. With a Caribbean style, this gorgeous venue offers superb service and many romantic settings, from the powdery white sand beach to the lush, tropical gardens.

Facilities and Capacity
Sandos Playacar Beach Resort offers stunning outdoor event space options with breathtaking views for a one-of-a-kind ceremony and reception. The venue's garden space is located in the center of the resort, surrounded by tropical plants, accommodating up to 100 guests. Their beautiful white sand beach location provides a beautiful ocean backdrop for you and up to 100 guests. The venue's terrace space features tile floors and beautiful oversized tropical plants, accommodating more intimate groups of up to 60 guests for a seated dinner setup and up to 80 people cocktail style.

Sandos Playacar Beach Resort offers many services for a stress-free experience, as well as many event rentals to complete the atmosphere of your dreams, such as tables and chairs, chair covers, decor, dance floor, altars and arches, audio equipment, drapery, aisle markers and runners, photo booth, and lighting. The venue is available to host ceremonies, receptions, bridal showers, and engagement parties. Services include:

• Accommodations
  • Lighting and sound
  • Parking
  • Setup

Cuisine
Sandos Playacar Beach Resort offers the convenience of in-house catering, as well as providing all needed barware, china, glassware, and linens for your event. They also provide many dessert services, such as wedding cake, servers, and cake cutting.

Accommodation
Sandos Playacar Beach Resort offers many comfortable accommodation options for you and your guests. The Riviera Family Section provides spacious Junior Suites, each with a beautiful view of the tropical flora, the pool, or the gardens. The Royal Elite Haciendas boast beautiful suites divided amongst relaxing eight-suite villas, equipped with its own sundeck, pool, and jacuzzi. The Select Club adults-only section is designed just for guests ages 18 and up and features access to private areas of the resort.

Other Services
Sandos Playacar Beach Resort also provides many in-house bar services for your special day. The wedding bar services they offer include:

• Bartender(s)

Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 6
Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 7

Christina · Married on 12/15/2018

We had a great wedding at Sandos Playacar

I just came back from my wedding at Sandos Playacar and I miss the resort so much. I was worried to plan a wedding from Texas, so email was key to make this a success. I was enrolled in graduate school while planning this wedding, so I stressed probably more than I should have.
    Ruth helped me plan my AMAZING wedding and I am SOO GRATEFUL! She had to keep asking me for details, but it was my fault, I would forget to respond but she was always there to help me with a checklist of things I needed to do.
    We got the serenity package which had the reception in the garden and I paid extra for the wedding to be on the beach and IT WAS WORTH EVERY PENNY! We wanted our toes in the sand and that’s what we got, our guests even took of their shoes to get more comfortable.
    The beach is beautiful, the ocean is very clear, and the sand is white just like the pictures. (I live near Galveston, TX so I know what not so pretty water looks like). I was worried about the sound system, but it was great, it had a bit of an echo, but it was fine with me. We used the resort minister and didn’t do any upgrades and it was still beautiful.
    Our guests had a cocktail hour while we took pictures and there was even a “signature drink” which was delicious.
    The reception afterwards was so much fun. We had the Mexican buffet (TOTALLY WORTH IT AND DELICIOUS) and we had the DJ and he wasn’t bad at all, we tried to make requests, some stuff he had others he didn’t. It is possible to get a sound system if you don’t want to pay for a DJ for the ceremony and it was $50 per hour.
    I was afraid we wouldn’t have much dancing at the reception since it was only 24 people, so I asked for giant Jenga and cornhole which they provided! We danced the whole reception and even played cornhole (we could really play Jenga since it was on the ground plus we were having so much fun with cornhole).
    After the reception was over (at 9pm) they had a Michael Jackson show near guests’ services, it was great! Two of my guests are huge Michael Jackson fans and they were impressed with the performance. So my unnecessary fear of us being bored at the reception was for nothing.
    I chose to go with an outside photographer (Mayan Riveria Photography) which was a great decision for me and was well worth the $500 external vendor fee. Silvina did a wonderful job and was super professional, I actually give the credit to her for helping us get the dance party started. I tried to book with the photographers on site (Photo Pro) but they took too long to respond. When I expressed the issue with Brenda Carreno (Groups and Weddings Manager) she was very unprofessional and rude through email. I asked for a partial reduction in external vendor fee since it seemed more like an inconvenience since it was Photo Pro not responding in a timely manner, she responded impatiently with “either pay the fee or have the photographer stay at the resort to avoid the fee”. I was beyond upset and honestly thought about switching to a different resort, however Ruth saved the day with being very professional and patient with me. Ruth is honestly the only reason we stayed at the resort and didn’t go somewhere else.
    I was able to find out about this resort through Destination Weddings (Tracy Espina) and it was not a bad decision by any means, even with Brenda being uncouth and disrespectful. I would recommend staying on the Adults section of the resort to give you and your guests more privacy.
    The alcohol seemed watered down, but the drinks were pretty good.
    The Brazilian steakhouse was not Fogo de chao by any means, but it was a nice idea.
    The spa was incredible, we had a couples 25-minute massage that was included in our wedding package, with the help of Zarya we upgraded to 60-minute massage with a 20-minute romantic bath afterwards for an extra $100 usd. It was totally worth it, I wish the spa people walking around the resort weren’t so pushy and left our guests alone, but they work on commission, so I understand.
    The couples breakfast delivered the morning after the wedding was so good (I still dream about the orange juice).
    Lastly, there is so much to do at the resort, I was planning to go to Coco Bongo but didn’t need to because we always had something to do. During the day we spent most of our time on the beach just enjoying our time together and having some drinks. The next time we go we will stay for a bit longer and maybe do some excursions nearby.
    I can go on for days about the wonderful time I had here and the beauty of the resort, overall, I would (and plan to) definitely come back again. I had a great time and was so relaxed that I didn’t want to come back home. It reminded me of a cruise but on land, definitely book with Sandos Playacar. THANKS SANDOS PLAYCAR FOR AN AMAZING WEDDING WEEKEND!

Sent on 12/19/2018

Jasmin Rogers-Wang · Married on 12/08/2018

Most easygoing wedding experience!

Sandos! They throw the most amazing weddings. They have an amazing team of coordinators who literally bend over backwards to make your experience everything you want it to be. I cannot say enough great things about Monserrat! She was our wedding coordinator, who came to us just 3 months before our big day, and completely took away all of the issues we were facing. I just wanted to say thank you again to her. She made our wedding such a breeze. No stress at all, just a ton of fun and love. When it started raining heavily the morning of the wedding she gave me other options for the wedding, even though I insisted on the beach. She afforded me every opportunity and option a bride could want when it came to colors, linings, decor, food, flowers, and cake. We even had to ship a few items from the USA, to Playacar, and the coordinators went to the border to pay and pick up our package (we totally paid them back by the way haha). Our romantic dinner that was included with our package was beautiful, as well as the breakfast in bed and massage.bottom line the wedding team, specifically Monserrat, who is so lovely, and kind, made our wedding so so special. We Hope for her a very long and fruitful career here! She’s amazing a deserves so much!!! Thank you!!!!

Sent on 12/18/2018
    Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 8
    Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 9
    Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 10

Sandos Playacar Beach Resort Pricing

Guests

Here's what couples with similar selections spent on this venue:

$8,258 - $11,733
Get your quote

This venue offers the below options which may impact pricing:

• Ceremony
  • China
  • Glassware
  • Linens

Sandos Playacar Beach Resort FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? No
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? No
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Chairs, Clean Up, Event Planning, Glassware, Lighting/Sound, Linens, Parking, Set Up, Tables
  • What is the starting price per person for bar service? $ 15.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service? Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Signature Drink
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 5
  • Describe your venue: Beach, Hotel
  • What kind of settings are available? Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor
  • What event services do you offer? Accommodations, Cake, Event Planner, Event Rentals, Lighting / Sound
  • What event items are available? Aisle Markers, Aisle Runners, Altar/Arch, Audio Equipment, Centerpieces, Chairs, Chair Covers, Dance Floor, Decor, Drapery, Furniture, Lighting, Photo booth, Tables
  • What food and beverage items are available? Barware, China, Glassware, Linens
  • What transportation and access is available? Parking

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 1
    Up to USD 2000 off!
    Get married at Sandos Playacar Beach Resort and receive USD 1000 discount off your wedding package when booking 30 rooms for 3 nights (90 room nights); Receive USD 2000 discount off your wedding package when booking 60 rooms for 3 nights (180 room nights).

• Paseo Xaman Ha, Mz 1, Lt 1 Playacar Cancun, MX, MX 0000Z See on map