Michelle Damas Photography Reviews

8 | Mountain View, CA

8 Reviews for Michelle Damas Photography

8 Michelle Damas Photography Reviews

TH · Married on 05/02/2015

Michelle photographed our engagement (tea) ceremony. We were so pleased with the results, we also hired her for our wedding. Our experience was similar, if not better than the previous reviews here have indicated. Based on our extremely positive experience, we have no reservations recommending Michelle for any special occasion.
    Experienced: Michelle is skilled and creative. Look at her portfolio - the quality speaks for itself.
    Professional: She’s very detail-oriented; asking questions we didn’t even consider (which is great because there’s too much to deal with during the event). She’s also punctual and efficient. She familiarizes herself with the venues (we had 4 total). Because she knew the layout beforehand, we were able to optimize our time with her.
    Motivated: From working with her, it’s clear that she is hard-working and passionate about her craft. This enthusiasm is also reflected in her portfolio.
    Likeable: Working with Michelle is awesome. During and after both sessions (and even now), I’m trying to think of occasions to hire her. She has excellent communication skills. She provides clear direction for all the family members for our legacy picture and does a great job putting everyone at easy (which makes for even better looking pictures!).
    Affordable: We spoke to multiple photographers and Michelle had numerous photo package options. We had 4 venues over 2 days, and Michelle’s pricing was a perfect fit for our needs.
    TLDR: Best photography experience, EVER. Look at her portfolio. If you like her work, hire her. If you don’t, you’re a bad person and you should feel bad.

Sally · Married on 08/31/2013

Michelle was the photographer for our wedding this past August and we couldn't be happier with our choice. Throughout the entire process, Michelle was beyond professional, responding promptly to all emails, always accommodating of our schedule, and making sure to show up early for photo sessions and scope out the scenes before my husband and I arrived.

But perhaps more importantly, Michelle was also incredibly friendly and fun to work with at the same time. My husband and I are both generally low-key people and the idea of the spotlight on us was definitely a bit weird for us. As such, having a photographer that we felt comfortable with was very important to us and Michelle fit the bill perfectly. Whether intended or not, Michelle's got a very relaxed and calm way about her that put my husband and I at ease for our portrait shots (well about at ease as we could possibly be when being the subject of hundreds of non-stop photos :) ). And as for the candids, it might've been because I was focused on other things during the actual wedding, but I never really noticed Michelle in our faces or following us around too much at the wedding; she somehow managed to fly below the radar yet still capture all the candid moments from the day that I would've wanted.

As for the photos themselves, I really can't claim to know anything about the technical aspects of photography, but I can confidently say that my husband and I loved how the photos turned out and we received many comments from friends and family who we shared our photos with that they were amazing. Seriously, if you are still reading this, you really should have no doubt that you are in good hands with Michelle.

Jamie · Married on 08/10/2013

I can’t imagine a better wedding photographer than Michelle. The relationship that we had with Michelle was the longest lasting and closest relationship than any other relationship that we had with a wedding vendor. So my advice is to choose your wedding photographer wisely, not just for the quality of photos that they take but for their work ethic and personality.

We weren’t planning on doing an engagement session, but it was included in our package. Michelle made us feel so comfortable – it actually just felt like we were hanging out with her for a few hours and that she just so happened to be taking pictures of us. And, when you get the photos, you’ll be confident that your wedding photos are going to be gorgeous.

Throughout wedding planning, I sent Michelle many emails to get her advice on the timeline and what would photograph well. She was always very responsive and willing to help. My fiancé and I were having some difficulty getting the timeline short enough to have Michelle there for all of the big moments. But when we talked to Michelle, she was more than happy to accommodate.

On the day of the wedding Michelle arrived on time and was ready to get started right away. We were running behind and she took some detail photos while she waited for us. Since we were running behind, the time for our first look photos was quite minimal, but Michelle did not seem rushed and she got some really great photos.

Michelle put out a laptop at the reception to display some of the photos that were taken earlier that day. She also posted some online later that night and through the week following. She didn’t take long to edit the entire batch of photos – I think it was a few weeks. We even asked that she edit a mistake out of one of the photos of our cake and she did so without hesitation.

I would not hesitate to recommend Michelle to my closes friends and family for their weddings and special events. I will definitely be hitting her up for future family photos.

Michelle did a fantastic job photographing my engagement shots and wedding. She was very easy going and managed to capture all the key moments.
    She was very attentive to every detail, making sure she covered everything we wanted. We had a tight schedule for our wedding and she managed to get everything we wanted and did it beautifully.

When I met with her the first time, she really put me at ease and just made me feel comfortable, which is so important for a photographer! I have a big family and there were a lot of people to keep track of. Needless to say, family photos after the ceremony were a bit chaotic. Michelle was not phased a bit, and took some really great shots.

She was also extremely flexible to work with. She allowed us to choose the location for our engagement shots. She did a lot of due diligence on her own, scoping out areas for great shots that matched our style.

I was very happy with Michelle, start to finish, and highly recommend her!

Michelle and her team were AMAZING!! From the get-go Michelle was very professional and answered all of my questions/concerns in a timely fashion during the planning process. She was very detailed and easy to work with.

I am a little more shy, but Michelle and her team made me feel comfortable on our wedding day being photographed. They captured every part of our day beautifully and they blended so well within the party that I didn't even notice that they were taking so many pictures (which I am so thankful to have all of those moments captured)!!

I would definitely recommend Michelle Damas and her team to others because of the UNIQUE photos captured, professionalism and packages available!

Michelle is a great photographer and an amazing person. She is personable, professional and a delight to work with. She helps to make the photo sessions fun and enjoyable. She was good about helping us pose but look natural.

Erin · Married on 05/07/2011

Michelle is a great photographer who is willing to make sure that your vision is brought fully to life. We have worked with Michelle on traditional pieces (photographs for the family) or more creative pieces (save-the-dates for our wedding). She's professional, creative, talented AND she listens and she's fun to work with! I recommend her highly!

Mari · Married on 10/10/2009

Michelle is totally amazing! I have worked with her on several occasions and I have never been disappointed. She is professional, talented and very easy going. She made everyone feel comfortable and relaxed. She talked to us about our vision for the day and she was able to execute it perfectly.

The pictures were beautiful and artistic. Because of her ability to connect with people, she really was able to capture our most important moments in a way that felt and looked authentic to us.

Michelle Damas is an excellent choice for any wedding. I would highly recommend her to help you capture and preserve your memories.