115 Reviews for Master Disc Jockey Entertainment & Photo Booths

115 Master Disc Jockey Entertainment & Photo Booths Reviews

DJ AJ is the best!! He got our whole wedding on their feet from the minute he introduced the bridal party until the very last song! AJ is enthusiastic and really creates a fun, non stop dancing environment. He was very flexible and willing to do whatever we needed from the day we booked MDJ. He met with us at our house to go through each detail and played most of the music from our play list. My only recommendation is to make sure you book the large screen or any other add ons you're interested in as soon as possible because they have multiple events a night and once it is booked, it is unavailable. However, overall we were very pleased with our experience with MDJ and would highly recommend them!!

Profile Picture User5567436, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Brian and his team did an absolutely fantastic job at our wedding. We had his DJ service for the entire night (ceremony, cocktail hour and reception), as well as a photobooth. Everything went incredibly smoothly! Brian made an effort to make sure everything was planned in advanced, but also was able to deal with change. There is always something unexpected that can happen, but it was great to have professionals like MDJ entertainment around. Book them!

Profile Picture User5385936, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Videography

For our wedding, we had Alex as our DJ. From the first time we met Alex and all the way up to our wedding, Alex was very professional and extremely flexible. We had met Alex several months before our wedding and during that time he had gone over Master DJ's website along with our customizable wedding itinerary. One of things I appreciated most about Alex, was the fact that he followed up with my wife and I before our wedding to obtain some necessary songs and information that he needed. He understood that we were extremely busy with the wedding and that some of the songs he needed had fallen off our list. Fortunately, solely based off of the music my wife and I had requested, Alex was able to select a great song for the introductions of the wedding party. Alex was also able to put two songs together for the Bride and Father dance and retrieve an acoustic version of our song from youtube.

For our wedding, we had also booked one of Master DJ's photo booths. Best part about the photo booth was the fact that my wife and I got copies of every picture taken that day. We also did not need to wait several weeks to get these pictures. An album containing copies of each picture taken was provided to us right after the wedding. My wife and I enjoyed being able to see all of the photos the next day before we left for our honeymoon.

Overall, I would highly recommend Alex's DJ skills and performance along with Master DJ's services for your wedding or event.

Profile Picture Amy, 7/10/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

The dance party at our wedding never stopped! Brian did an amazing job of making sure our music fit not only our tastes but the ages of our crowd. Every song was picked perfectly. Brian also did a fantastic job at playing the exact type of music for the vibe we wanted at both cocktail hour and during dinner. Brian was easy to work with, responsive, and helped to make the day absolutely perfect!

Profile Picture Nicole, 7/10/15, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

We hired Brian from Master Disc Jockey Entertainment for our wedding at Sayen Gardens in June 2015. We really enjoyed working with Brian. He was very professional and offered great ideas when we weren’t sure what special songs to choose. Brian’s wife, Jackie, was very responsive whenever I had a question or concern. We loved creating our music list through their online playlist feature…so easy!

On the day of the wedding, Brian and AJ were both great. They didn’t miss a beat and kept the party moving. Everyone enjoyed the music and most of the guests danced, even those you wouldn’t have expected to do so! I would hire MDJ again for any event that I want to get people to dance! They know how to do it.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 6/7/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

We are so beyond happy with our choice to use Mdj entertainment. We used them for our dj and photo-booth for our wedding. Brian and his team had our guests up and dancing all night long. We have received many compliments! Brian and his wife Jackie were very responsive during the whole planning process and helped us with our wedding playlist and any questions that we had. We loved how thier website is set up...made selecting our music so easy! Brian even did a unexpected video of some well wishes and our dance floor. We had it by the end of the reception and still watch it all the time! The photo booth was great and the pictures came out fantastic. They have many fun props for it too. They put all the pictures in a scrapbook so all of our guest could write a message to us...we love looking through it and reliving our wedding day! They even gave me extra prints of my grandfather and I in the photo booth- that just means so much to me. Thier pricing is very reasonable and we highly recommend using Mdj entertainment! They truly helped complete our night!!!!!

Profile Picture Katie, 6/5/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Feeling as though a DJ can make or break an event, we wanted someone who could create an atmosphere where everyone could enjoy themselves. We couldn't have chosen a better DJ to make a wonderful party! The dance floor was crowded all night and people enjoyed themselves immensely! Brian successfully made a great party!

Brian was professional, easy to work with, organized, and all came together because of this! Thank you!

Profile Picture Regina, 5/2/15, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ AJ and Brian did our wedding April 2015 and we had an excellent experience. They listened to everything that we wanted and delievered with ease. The website was very easy to use and had a large variety of music to choose from. We were in communication with them from day one, so on the day of
, it was great to party with them. People did not stop dancing all night! There are not enough words to describe how wonderful it was to work with them. Can't wait to use them for a future party :)

Profile Picture rebecca, 4/24/15, 1 Review
4.3

DJ Alex from MDJ provided the music for our cocktail hour and reception. Overall, Alex did a very good job the day of the wedding, but there were some communication issues. One problem with MDJ is their reliance on their website as the primary mode of communication. We spoke with Alex on the phone once before the wedding so that he could explain how to use the website to set up our playlist and DJ instructions. After finishing with the website I reached out to Alex to speak by phone again so I could explain our instructions, since we had some non-traditional elements and the order of events could be tricky. However, Alex was busy and emphasized that using the website would be enough. Unfortunately, Alex had somehow never received the latest instructions we had submitted. As a result, there were some issues, including: confusion about when speeches/toasts would occur, confusion about the timing of our first dance, songs were played that we had put on our do-not-play list, etc. Having to manage these issues as they happened provided a bit of a distraction during our wedding day, though Alex was responsive and adapted well so that they were not too noticeable to our guests.

All in all, Alex still did a good job the day of, which is why we still left him a good tip and are leaving a generally good review. Alex did a good job with the music for the cocktail hour and dinner. He was also a great reader of the crowd who kept the guests on the dance floor all night, which was ultimately most important to us. Even the songs he played that were on our do-not-play list ended up actually being a hit with the guests, so we're not too peeved by those mistakes. However, we want to emphasize to any couples: Do not rely on the website to communicate with the DJ! We're not sure if our issues were due to technical or human error, but in any case you should make sure to confirm your instructions over the phone or in person. The online form submission system is unreliable.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture User4656990, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
4.7

DJ AJ did our wedding this past weekend and he was awesome! He got people up dancing that I never imagined seeing on the dance floor.

Profile Picture Megan, 10/10/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

Brian was amazing! Kept the party going all night. He truly listened to what me and my husband wanted and everyone had an amazing time. I'm so happy we chose him I would never choose anyone else :)

Profile Picture Kerri, 9/27/14, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

I used MDJ Entertainment for my ceremony music, reception, lighting and photo booth. Brian was my DJ, he brought with him a photo booth coordinator who was also named Brian, and DJ AJ who snapped photos and video through out the night. They were all absolutely AMAZING. The guys had just the best attitudes and felt like they were one of our family friends by the end of the night. My guests were on the dance floor all night! I wanted a dance party and that is what I got. I had people asking for their information and cards before the night was half way over.

Jackie helped me via email and phone calls all throughout the planning process , answering questions and providing me with any song information I needed. She was great!

The photo booth was so much fun! They did a great job setting it up. I truly cannot say enough good things about them. There are on line options to create your music playlist, itinerary and include any special requests/notes. Which i set up gradually over several months. I will recommend them to anyone looking for dj services! Great package deals and The price for what we got was absolutely great as well.

Profile Picture Katie, 9/6/14, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Unique Services (Other)

Brian did a fantastic and professional job at our 50th anniversary party. I created our music playlist and Brian worked in all my shout outs throughout the event. He was flexible and calm even when a special 20 minute video was inserted during the music. He was easy to work with both prior to and during our event. Brian's professionalism helped to make our event very special. Many guests commented on his excellent manner.

I plan to highly recommend his services.

Profile Picture joe, 8/30/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Videography
4.3

We had DJ Brain for our wedding at the Sayen House in Hamilton. He knew what he was doing and everything went smooth without us worrying about it, both for the ceremony and the dance. He did cut short our first dance just a tiny little bit, but no big deal to us. If this is important to you, just give him a heads up to let the song fully finish before transitioning to the next one. Given the audience, he got a large crowd on the dance floor, and everyone went home exhausted.

If you are looking to do your wedding at the Sayen House, Brian is a good choice since he knows the venue well, which is important since it has a non-traditional floorplan.

Profile Picture User4279355, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

Brian and Alex did a fantastic job at our wedding. They had people on the dance floor all night until 1 AM :) Alex also did a great job taking day of pictures and video to display during our reception. Thanks! You really helped make our wedding a success!

Profile Picture User3391355, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Unique Services (Other), Videography

Brian and his staff at MDJ were a pleasure to work with. I really enjoyed using the client planning feature on the website. MDJ had every song I could think of on his list. We gave Brian a bunch of genres of music and told him we like a variety. HE PROVIDED THE BEST MUSIC TO DANCE TO!!! EVERY ONE OF OUR GUESTS SAID THEY HAD THE BEST TIME AT OUR WEDDING AND THANKS GOES TO BRIAN! MDJ also did a video for us, and that really turned out great. We have enjoyed watching it over and over again. Thank you MDJ for providing us with such great music. We will be sure to keep recommending you to other brides and grooms in the future.

Profile Picture Jackie, 6/21/14, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ, Videography

I had seen Brian DJ many events so I knew exactly how good MDJ Entertainment was. I was not disappointed! He was professional, followed our timeline, and played the perfect mix of music for us and our guests!

Many guests had told my husband and I after the wedding that Brian created a fun atmosphere and really controlled how the night went. People were up dancing right away, but when it was time for dinner Brian was able to set the mood and did a Longest Married Couple Dance which slowed the music down a bit and had everyone seated within 5 minutes.

Jackie was fantastic and answered any questions I had leading up to our wedding. She was able to download a song I really wanted but was only available through Google Download. Their forms were easy to fill out and helped us think about how we wanted the evening to go. We were a bit untraditional by cutting the cake right after parent dances, and Brian did a great job focusing the guests which left more time later on to dance.

We had a minor mishap with the sprinkler system pressure in our venue which evacuated all of the guests outside for half an hour. Brian and his staff rolled with it and set up music outside where people continued to dance and enjoy themselves, and he even stayed late once we were all back inside to make sure he gave us the time we had paid for!

Throughout the night MDJ Entertainment's staff did an exceptional job. The other DJ working with Brian even created a video of our introductions, first dance, speeches, and cake cutting and we were able to take it home that night! The Photobooth was amazing! I liked the way they set it up with no props in the beginning to allow us to have the faces of our guests in our memory book then later on with props. The person running the Photobooth was fun and did an efficient job putting together a memory book with all of the pictures and allowing the guests to sign the book. It's something we'll cherish forever

Profile Picture Derrin, 6/14/14, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

DJ Brian did a wonderful job at our wedding! He was great! I can't begin to tell you all the nice comments my guests had to say about him. I would recommend him to anyone needing a DJ . Thanks again for making our reception a hit:) Sharon & Terry

Profile Picture User4118124, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

MDJ Entertianment provided the DJ entertainment and Photo Booth for my daughter's Sweet 16. From start to finish his company was amazing to deal with. Brian and Jackie PROMPTLY responded to all of my calls and questions!! A.J. took control of he party as the DJ and had the kids dancing all night! They all had a blast! Murph took amazing photos throughout the night which were shown on the screen throughout the party! The photo booth was the icing on the cake. The kids loved it -espeically all of the props that came with it! Brian and Jackie get an A+++ from me! A fabulous experience from start to finish!!
You definitely have to call them for your next event!
Colleen Herbert

Profile Picture Colleen, 1/3/14, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography

Brian and AJ were the best in the biz. Not only did they follow all of the bride and groom's special requests, but they kept the party moving, even at last min changes, kept the crowd engaged, and topped it off by taking some amazing photos. They are a great 2-in-1 package that was an unexpected surprise. They introduced themselves to the entire wedding, took great pictures and made a bunch of friends by the end of the night. What a treat to have met and worked with them! I HIGHLY recommend them to ANYONE! Thanks for a memorable event guys!

Profile Picture Chantel, 12/7/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Photography

We absolutely LOVED Master Disc Jockey Entertainment, and are so glad that they provided to soundtrack to our special day!

When we met with DJ Brian, we knew we had a great fit. He really listened to what we wanted, and walked us through the process. Jackie, the office manager, promptly returned all calls and emails, and was great about answering any questions that we had. Choosing music for your event is super easy thanks to the online planner. Jackie checked in with us the week of the wedding to review our song selections, and discuss the flow of the reception.

The day of, DJ's Brian and AJ were unstoppable! They played all of the songs we requested, and read the crowd perfectly. There were not gaps in the music, and it was not so loud that our guests couldn't carry on a conversation at their tables. Honestly, our guests were mostly out on the dance floor anyway because they kept the party going! We had several less-common songs that we had requested for our special songs, but they were great about getting quality copies of them within plenty of time of the wedding.

We got a photobooth through MDJ, and I have to say, it was a HUGE hit, and so worth it! Our guests had an absolute BLAST in there, and we got our photo-album and disc with ALL of the photobooth pictures at the end of the night. DJ AJ was also out on the floor, capturing the fun with his camera. We didn't realize we would have this perk- we have even more pictures of our guests having a blast because they provided us with these pictures!

The value of the package for the photobooth, lights, and music couldn't be beat, and DJ Brian is a complete professional. All of our guests loved him- my stepmother raved about the song choices, and guests were happy they could request music that day. Brian was great on the mic, but he never 'hogged' it or talked too much, like other DJ's I've seen. We were so happy with MDJ, and will use them for all of our future DJ needs!

Profile Picture Alex, 12/6/13, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jackie and Brian were both very helpful and made planning our big day as easy as it could be. The ceremony music was more then we could have expected and it all continued into the reception from the introductions to the music and the big screen with all the pictures to the choices of music. The guests were dancing all night and had nothing but good things to say about the night. I would like to thank Brian and Jackie for making it a night to remember. Thanks again Michael & Morgan Barton

Profile Picture Morgan , 11/30/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Photography

I hired Master DJ Entertainment for my daughter's sweet sixteen. Starting with Jackie who handles the bookings they were an absolute pleasure to work with! Brian and AJ who deejayed were AWESOME!!! They kept the kids on the dance floor all night. The party flowed beautifully from my daughter's grand entrance through the candle lighting ceremony and the last dance. We included the mini light show and I'm so glad we did. It really added to the atmosphere. Our venue has a media wall in the ballroom. Brian streamed music videos, graphics and pictures he took of the dance floor, guest and special moments on the video board. Fabulous! This pushed the event beyond my expectations Everyone loved it! I cannot praise their professionalism and creativity enough. I would recommend Master DJ to everyone!

Profile Picture Valerie, 11/16/13, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Unique Services (Other)

Brian and his assistant was awesome, even got a free dvd with all my special moments recorded...great people I had to worry about nothing Brian took care of it all.

Profile Picture jessica, 10/5/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Videography

Brian and his Master Disc Jockey team were a pleasure to work with while planning our wedding. They were prompt, professional, responsive and very friendly. In addition to keeping our reception rocking with their DJ services, they also provided us with a wonderful string quartet for our ceremony, beautiful up lighting to match our purple color theme, a video of the days events, and a photo booth which our guests totally loved. Master Disc Jockey was a huge part of our big day, and we couldn't be happier with the services they provided. We will definitely recommend them to our friends!

Profile Picture Moira, 9/28/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Videography