Made-Up Special Events Makeup Reviews

14 | Charlotte, NC

14 Reviews for Made-Up Special Events Makeup

Morgan · Married on 07/12/2014

We had Linsday and her team doing the hair and makeup for my wedding in July and it was SO FANCY! ;) They did a fantastic job on all the girls' hair and makeup (there were 9 bridesmaids), 1 flower girl, 2 Mothers, and me (the bride). They were so timely getting every one done for pictures and we all looked flawless. More than one of the girls said they felt like a model after getting up from the chair for hair/makeup - I know I felt glamorous. And to top it all off, these girls were FUN! We sang (I'm so fancy was played more than once during the day) and laughed and had the best time. I highly recommend this group for any hair/makeup needs for any events. One of my bridesmaids is actually getting married this coming weekend and will be using this team and all I can say is that I can't wait to let this team work their magic once more!

Sent on 08/27/2014

Rachel · Married on 05/25/2014

I found Made-Up by Lindsay through WeddingWire and I am SO glad that I did! Lindsay was always quick to respond via email and extremely nice and helpful. Noelle did my hair (last-minute addition) and makeup, up-do's for my 4 bridesmaids and makeup for my Mother-In-Law. And all within 4 hours!!! Noelle was absolutely wonderful and a ton of fun to be around. Noelle was able to do 5 very different up-do's and they all looked gorgeous. She was able to recreate pictures of the exact hair and makeup that I wanted. After looking around at prices for bridal hair and makeup, this was definitely on the lower side. I would absolutely recommend Made-Up By Lindsay, especially Noelle, to everyone!!

Sent on 06/04/2014

Alison · Married on 12/07/2013

Working with Lindsay and Heather was fantastic! I had my wedding in Raleigh, but live in California. They were very responsive from across the country and flexible with squeezing in my trial just 2 days before my wedding! I would most definitely recommend this company to other brides!

Sent on 12/12/2013
  • Heidi

Heidi · Married on 11/09/2013

Lindsay and Tonya were amazing to work with! They started my day off right. Had great personalities and easy to talk to. Hair and make up we're beautiful on everyone for our special day!

Sent on 11/17/2013

Gia · Married on 11/09/2013

Made-up Special Events was amazing to work with! I had to much fun working with Natalie and Heather on my wedding day. They made me feel so special and beautiful and I received so many complements on my hair and makeup! Thank you girls for putting up with my indecisiveness and making my vision a reality! =) I will definitely recommend you to all of my friends who are getting married in the future!

Sent on 11/21/2013

Laura · Married on 10/26/2013

I used Made Up by Lindsay Morse for my engagement photos and wedding day hair and makeup! When I first contacted Lindsay with a million questions, she was very quick to respond and customized a package for me (engagement shoot, hair/makeup trials, hair and makeup for myself, my bridesmaids, moms, and grandma).

The first time I met Lindsay and her team was to get my hair and makeup done for my engagement pictures! I was so happy with the final product of both my hair and makeup. I really felt like both Lindsay and the hair stylist took the time to listen to my likes/dislikes and gave me an amazing final product (and the pictures turned out phenomenal).

The next time I met with Lindsay was for my hair and makeup trial. The makeup was flawless and Lindsay nailed it right away. Tonya was doing my hair and did a beautiful up-do but I didn't feel like I looked good in that style. I told her my concerns and she started all over again and found a style that I loved. They took A LOT of their time to give me what I wanted.

On the day of my wedding, Tonya arrived at my suite at 7:00 to start all our our hair. Lindsay arrived at 9:00 to start the make-up. Everything ran so smoothly and we were done an hour ahead of schedule (not easy with 9 different women). When I started getting a little anxious they were both very calming and assured me that it was normal to feel that way.

I felt absolutely beautiful on the day of my wedding and I thought that my bridesmaids/Moms/Grandma looked stunning as well! They were great at listening to what everyone wanted and executing their vision. I would highly recommend Lindsay and her team to anyone getting married or to anyone who wants to feel beautiful for a special occasion.

Sent on 10/29/2013

Becky · Married on 09/21/2013

These ladies did an amazing job! They were prompt, and I had so many compliments on my hair and make-up throughout my wedding day. I was a little concerned my hair would fall down as it is usually very difficult to do anything with it (since it is so fine) but I was promised that it would stay for the entire day. After 10 hours, which included pictures outside and a lot of dancing, I made it back to the hotel and everything from my hair to my make-up was still perfectly in place. I am extremely happy with my choice for hair and make-up! Thank you, ladies!

Sent on 10/02/2013

Aubrey · Married on 04/13/2013

Lindsay Morse and Tonya Dew did a beautiful job with my makeup and hair for my wedding and also for several others in the wedding party. I thought that they did a wonderful job and I've never felt more beautiful!

Sent on 04/29/2013

Lindsay Morse did such a fantastic job on my makeup as well as my bridesmaids!! She made everyone look so beautiful! I would highly recommend her to anyone:)

Sent on 09/03/2012

Cathy · Married on 07/28/2012

As MOB... I can say that planning a wedding is fun. It's so many choices and planning! Brides call Made-Up Special Events as soon as he slips that gorgeous ring on your finger! Lindsay and her team are amazing! They come to you... Taking all that added stress of keeping appointments and getting all the maids to their appointments! Enjoyed working with Lindsay and Sara at my daughters wedding! Perfect from the first email inquiring about their services til the final touch up of lips before walking down the isle! They are truly professional, talented team. The consult was actually done in the comfort of our home (note NO STRESS) their expertise and knowledge is wonderful! I thought there fees were actual low based on the quality of their service! My daughter and her maids all looked gorgeous and it was an amazing day start to finish.... Thank You Lindsay and Sara with Made-Up Special Events for being there! You guys are awesome!!

Sent on 11/17/2013
  • KSCongelli

Kristin · Married on 07/07/2012

Upon choosing who would do my make up on my wedding day there was no doubt in my mind that Lindsay Morse and her team were the best. Lindsay was very professional and so much fun to work with. I showed her a few pictures of make-up I liked and she was able to go above and beyond my expectations. I would recommend Lindsay and her team to anyone for any event they are looking to get their hair and make-up done for. Wonderful people, great quality, and very professional!

• ShannonBeth

Shannon · Married on 05/12/2012

I absolutely loved working with Lindsay in preparation for my wedding day makeup services. She was very helpful leading up to the day of my event with ideas and styles to chose from for my face and personal preferences. I wanted a classic look and I needed it to last all day and night for the dancing! Lindsay arrived on time with her miracle box in tow. She was very accomodating and flexible in working with my photographer to make sure we got those "prep" shots I wanted as I was getting ready. Everything turned out perfect, my makeup was beautiful and it lasted through the wedding outdoors, the dancing late into the night...and even until I woke up the next morning with eyelashes still on! It was just a small part of the day, but gave me the confidence to enjoy the night without having to stop, reapply or worry about any flaws showing through in the pictures. I felt like a princess from head to toe! I would recommend anyone work with this team for their events. I will continue to use Made-Up Special Events for future photo shoots or personal makeup consultations.

Renee · event on 05/06/2012

I know a lot of Lindsay's recommendations are regarding wedding/bridal make-up... but she can do so much more. She's done prom make-up for my daughter twice as well as her senior portrait make-up. EVERY time... it was perfect. My daughter felt like a rock star for these events. BUT the best recommendation would have to come from Grandma... because you know there's not a grandma alive that thinks their granddaughter actually needs make-up.... My mom LOVES how her "baby" looked all dressed up for these important events in the life of a teen! All 3 of us would have to give Lindsay a BIG thumbs up!

Kate · Married on 05/17/2014

2.6
      3.0
      3.5
      0.5
      2.0

Lindsay and her team were referred to me by my wedding planner. I thought overall that her prices were OK, well aligned with other makeup teams that I had contacted throughout my wedding planning. I found Lindsay to be somewhat responsive throughout my planning process (response within 4-5 days typically)- but did have difficulty planning my consultation due to scheduling conflicts. Eventually we got it planned and I was pretty happy with the result. I had Tonya and Natalie helping with hair and make up. I brought a picture of the type of makeup that i wanted, and they suggested that i do something different ... so i said ok and let them give it a shot. They used gray makeup on my eyes instead of the brown (i have blue eyes so thought brown would look better) which looked ok, but wasn't what i wanted. My hair came out nicely during the consult.
    The part that became frustrating to me was about 4 weeks before my wedding, i let Lindsay know that my flower girl (who is 5) decided she didn't want to have her hair done on the wedding day. Lindsay responded and told me that i can't change my contract to take a service off, only to add it. I found this to be unprofessional ... considering i was paying for 8 people to get full hair and make up (costing over 1200$). She was charging 85$ for my flower girls hair...who was basically going to have a tiny bit of curl put in and nothing else. I found it to be very petty to tell me i couldn't remove that service 4 weeks before the wedding...she told me i could find someone else to have their hair done that morning if the flower girl didn't want to.
    On a positive note - all of my bridesmaids and our mom's looked beautiful for the wedding day. Everyone was very happy with the result. I ended up going with the brown eye makeup, which i was very happy with, i just wish i had seen it originally during the consult. All in all - the wedding day was perfect...but i cant recommend lindsay based on my experience throughout planning.

Sent on 07/02/2014

Made-Up Special Events Makeup's reply:

Good Morning! Im sorry that you felt like my turn around time for responsiveness was not good enough for you. During your Wedding process my family was moving half away across the country and I thought I did pretty good responding to all of your emails at a decent time. When it comes to your contract with Made-Up when you booked with us it was made clear in writing that you could not take a service away once a contract was signed. You can add an additional service but that was all. Also when you booked our services you where told the price point for hair was the same for EVERYONE except the Bride. 99.9 percent of the time when we provide a hair service for a floor girl that takes just as much time if not longer due to age and the curling process. Im sorry you feel as if we did not meet your needs, but I am SO HAPPY to hear everyone was HAPPY with the services provided. Congrats on your Wedding.