Lisa Kenward Events Reviews

Lisa Kenward Events 4
Lisa Kenward Events 5
Lisa Kenward Events 6

theresa · Married on 05/09/2013

Lisa was my event planner for my wedding in 2009.She went above and beyond her duties to make my wedding flawless.She was very thorough from the beginning of the planning all the way until the day of the wedding.I was very overwhelmed with all that is involved with having a wedding.Lisa made the process much easier for me by giving great suggestions (i.e.menu,seating,location),being very prompt about returning calls/emails and taking care of alot of details.My husband and I are very happy to hear that she is now a wedding planner and I highly recommend her.

Sent on 09/16/2013

Allison · Married on 04/06/2012

Lisa was our day of coordinator and did a wonderful job. Prior to our wedding she helped create a timeline and coordinated with all of our vendors. She gave me a peace of mind and I trusted her that everything would be ready to go at the reception. She made sure everything ran smoothly and on time. Our wedding reception was great and she was wonderful!! I am so thankful she was apart of our wedding. She is extremely professional, prompt in communication and very informative. She experience and I valued her input. I highly recommend Lisa.

Sent on 04/24/2012

Lisa Kenward Events's reply:

Thank you Allison and Jason for selecting me to coordinate! All of the 'day-of' details were taken care of to ensure that everyone was relaxed and ready to celebrate. I appreciate your confidence in me to be the 'go-to' person on your wedding day. Hugs to you both!

Ashley · Married on 04/25/2009

Lisa Kenward was very helpful in the planning of my wedding. She listened to what we wanted and worked diligently to help make our wedding the best day of my life!

Sent on 01/26/2014

susan · Married on 09/24/2016

IF YOU ARE HAVING AN OUT OF TOWN WEDDING THERE IS NOTHING BETTER THAN SOMEONE WHO CAN KEEP YOU ON TRACK WITH A REGULAR LIST. SHE ALSO STEPPED IN A COUPLE TIMES WHEN I COULDN'T REACH ANOTHER VENDOR. I TRAVELED FROM OUT OF STATE WITH AN ALLERGY FRIENDLY CAKE, SINCE NO ONE ON HHI WOULD MAKE ONE WITH MY SPECIFICS. THE ICING DIDN'T TRAVEL WELL AND LISA HELPED ME TURN IT OVER TO MY BAKER (FOR THE GUESTS)TO HELP SAVE THE APPEARANCE OF MY CAKE! LUCKILY I CAME WITH EXTRA ICING OF MY OWN TO HELP FIX THINGS. I WAS TOLD ALL WEEKEND HOW CALM I WAS FOR MY WEDDING THAT WEEKEND. I WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN CALM WITHOUT LISA'S SERVICES!

Sent on 09/28/2016

Veronica · Married on 05/29/2010

We used Lisa's services when she was still a part of Moss Creek. We were cash funding our wedding and making every dollar count so we were so excited when we found this location within our budget. Little did I know it would put us in touch with such an amazing planner! Since I had never been a part of a wedding before let alone plan one, I bothered Lisa with every little thing and she never got exasperated with my incessant questions and emails! Even though she was not the wedding planner for my entire wedding (i.e. securing and paying vendors) you never would have known with the way she got all my vendors and wedding party together for the big day to make sure everything got off without a hitch! I can just imagine what an amazing job she does as a independent wedding planner! My wedding was more than I ever could have dreamed and that is totally due to the wonderful work of Lisa! I can not give her any higher a recommendation!

Sent on 05/13/2014

Lisa was extremely helpful in making suggestions, providing options and pulling all the vendors together.
    Our events came off without a hitch in large part to her efforts.

Sent on 05/18/2015

Lisa was wonderful. Very helpful since I was planning from out of state. At the time of my wedding Lisa didn't have a smartphone, which was a little frustrating on my wedding day since I was hoping to see photos of my planned decorations to confirm accuracy before my guests arrival. Lisa was a great resource for dealing other vendors and assistance with my handmade decorations. All of our guests had so much fun, they've requested an anniversary party every year in the same spot! I'll definitely reach out to Lisa for help planning those parties again.

Sent on 09/09/2014

Lisa Kenward Events's reply:

Your guests had fun on your wedding day because you set the tone for fun - on the beach ceremony with beach balls & sunglasses, a trolley ride for the bridal party and an unique centerpieces for the guest tables - hand-blown glass reflecting all the colors of the ocean. So glad your wedding day reflected your personality and so glad you selected Lisa Kenward Events!

Tierra · Married on 03/15/2014

Mrs. Lisa,
    I love the setup you have done a wonderful job on the building. Every detail was in place and well coordinated. We really appreciate everything you have done for us. Thank you so much! !!

Sent on 03/16/2014

Hi Tierra & Willie,

All the planning is done, your wedding day was great and you are married! Having the chance to meet your families and friends confirmed my belief that you both have a strong bond with those who are nearest to your hearts.

Thank you for taking time to write a review. Your feedback is important to me to ensure that your wedding day became what you expected.

3.4
      3.5
      3.0

Lisa did a good job with getting back to me in regards to planning a destination wedding. I felt comfortable with her over the phone while planning from a distance. I did a large portion of the planning though with decorations and centerpieces, but she had great connections with vendors. They all came through and did a great job.

While she was great with planning up to the day of the wedding, the day of coordinating was not what I had thought it would be. I found myself constantly having to consult her the day of on what was coming next or what to do instead of her directing. There were a couple mishaps with me having to correct as far as names during the rehearsal. She had also made a couple promises leading up to the wedding that did not happen the way they were discussed, which caught me by surprise the day of the wedding. But overall we had a great wedding day, and are very happy with how things turned out.

Sent on 10/29/2016

Lisa Kenward Events's reply:

Thank you for your review. Without being too submissive or too 'A-personality' type, I try to find the correct balance with every event. Some clients prefer their wedding day timelines followed to the minute, others prefer to have each event or announcement happen in the sequence noted but not at a specific time. Each wedding celebration has its own rhythm and I try to accommodate each professional (caterer, photographer, etc.) when creating the day-of timeline. And, your happiness comes first - my focus when developing the details. Ultimately when a vendor doesn't provide a product (that was requested prior to your wedding day) to your expectations, it is the WP that needs to correct the problem day-of.

Elise · Married on 04/14/2014

2.4
      1.0

Very disappointed! I got married in April, on a Monday (not a busy weekend day), and Lisa was my wedding planner. It was a very small wedding, family only, but we were from out of town and so I needed some extra help. I do not know if it was due to the small size of the wedding, but I do not feel as if Lisa gave us her all. I will try to list the good vs. the bad so as to not get too carried away.
    Good points: responded quickly, high level of professionalism with myself as well as other vendors, seemed to have a few valuable connections (found a superb stylist), on top of things as long as you use her preferred vendors, was willing to lower fee...slightly, coordinated fairly well day of with vendors.
    Bad points: lacks flexibility (seemed upset when I would ask about other options even though the wedding was still over a month away, although, I think this was mostly due to me not wanting to use her preferred vendor), did not attempt to stick to my budget, many miscommunications (for instance, miscommunicated to our reverend where, during the ceremony, the rose ceremony was to be inserted, which was a big surprise to me as we were standing in front of the reverend the day of, after assuring me that we did not need a rehearsal), did not seem to understand what I wanted even after exchanging several emails with images, I could go on...
    My family and I ended up doing most of the work ourselves. I had to go behind her and research other possible, more budget friendly vendors. Even the day of, my sisters had to ask tourists to move so we could finish our wedding pictures (just one example).
    At first I was very impressed with Lisa, however, my experience just ended up being a let down despite all the good reviews. Possibly, if you have a larger wedding (or pay a larger fee) her services would be more valuable. Overall, all I can say for my overall experience with Lisa is very disappointed.

Sent on 06/23/2014

Lisa Kenward Events's reply:

Thank you Elise & Rocky for rating my services. And, thank you for sharing the details of the planning process and specific details of your wedding day. Taking your budget into consideration, using local vendors would be cost effective. I do not limit my clients to my Preferred Vendor List as noting within the contract, but find competitive pricing with local businesses. Communication is key with over 95 emails received from you, all the details were addressed, discussed, researched and planned. A wedding rehearsal was not planned due to the size of your wedding party, 4 adults. Rev. Dr. David Leininger did meet with us prior to signing the contract and would have charged additional funds for a rehearsal. As you look back on your wedding day through the beautiful photos taken, my wish is that you remember all the smiles and hugs from family members and look forward to a happy marriage.