Life Of The Party!!! Event Planning and Design Reviews

49 | Laurel, DE

49 Reviews for Life Of The Party!!! Event Planning and Design

Sheila · Getting married on 05/15/2021

Karen is a caring and compassionate. She went out of her why to make my wedding day the best. From correcting flower arrangements my florist refused to touch to calming me and my husbands nerves and while bringing out the best in our families. She is definitely top notch and would recommend her to any bride.
    Thanks Karen your the best!!!!

Sent on 11/08/2017
  • I

Ingrid Hopkins · Married on 10/31/2018

Experience, confidence, and a smile.

As a venue owner, the value of an qualified event planner cannot be understated. My booked couples are very important to me, and Karen has accompanied several of them on the adventure of a farm wedding. She has taken their experience to new levels of awesome, and I will be forever in her debt. If you are on the fence about hiring a manager, don't hesitate any further. Karen has a unique balance of open-minded optimism, kindness, and courage of conviction.
    Ingrid Hopkins
    Owner, The Covered Bridge Inn
    www.thecoveredbridginn.com

Sent on 10/30/2018
  • Jessica

Jessica Wood · Married on 09/23/2018

Fantastic Planner

Karen was so easy to work with. As the Bride I started to "freak out" when my big day approached, but Karen made me feel like I had nothing to worry about, and she was right. She had everything under control. She is wonderful and Recommend her to any couple who wants a hand-on-planner!

Sent on 11/02/2018

Madison · Married on 08/25/2018

Karen is a gem!

Karen assured that every detail of our day went perfectly. She stayed on top of every situation allowing us to enjoy our guests. She even found a missing bouquet that the bride had misplaced.
    We forgot to order bread baskets and she went out and purchased and spray painted replacements for the tables. She is a gem!

Sent on 12/20/2018

Ali · Married on 08/18/2018

calming and knowledgeable

Karen put me at ease leading up to my day and handled things behind the scenes day-of so I could get ready and relax before the event began. She gave me great advice and was very knowledgeable about wedding setup, etiquette, and implementation. I knew having her on my big day would make things run smoothly!

Sent on 10/19/2018

Regan · Married on 10/13/2017

We were lucky enough to have Life of The Party as our day-of coordinator, but Karen and her team went above and beyond that. She was an endless supply of support and energy throughout our entire wedding weekend. Since we planned our wedding from a distance, we only had the ability to meet with Karen in-person on one occasion. This did not impact our day at all. Karen got our vision and carried it out effortlessly. She was flexible when things changed and gave suggestions when needed. Her communication was always fast and on-point. We really enjoyed working with her and her team. I don't think we could have done it without them.

Sent on 11/08/2017

Kelly · Married on 09/30/2017

We worked with Karen from Life of the Party, and she is wonderful. She was very responsive, down to earth and honest with us. I highly recommend Karen for making your wedding planning stress free!

Sent on 03/02/2017

Melody · Married on 09/20/2017

Karen helped my husband surprise me with a vow renewal for our 5th wedding anniversary on the beach. She paid attention to every detail and made sure everything was just perfect for our special day. Thank you Karen for everything you did in making our vow renewal a memorable occasion - you are simply AMAZING!

Sent on 10/04/2017

John craig · Married on 09/09/2017

Would highly recommend to anyone. Karen mad the day seem so easy and stress free. I will even give her credit for the beautiful weather!

Sent on 09/13/2017

Nichole · Married on 09/01/2017

Karen was simply amazing! We planned our wedding in Delaware while living in California and needed someone who could help coordinate and set up all the small touches & details of our wedding at our venue. This was no small feat! Karen made sure everything was perfect and went out of her way to make sure we had nothing to worry about. Our wedding was beautiful and Karen helped make it happen - even better than what we imagined. Karen and Life of the Party are a MUST to help make the most important day special and memorable. Thank you Karen!

Sent on 09/15/2017

Mark · Married on 08/29/2017

Karen and her staff were simply amazing and so very helpful. I would not hesitate to utilize her services again. No matter what the issue as planning progressed, Karen always handled it with a smile and professionally. It was a pleasure working with her and would definitely recommend her services.

Sent on 09/24/2017

Kathy · Married on 05/28/2017

Karen was THE BEST on our wedding day and weekend, I am so happy we worked with her! We had some issues with vendors delivering items throughout the weekend, and it happened to rain the day of the wedding. We had an outdoor wedding at a property where we had to bring everything in - so managing all the logistics was complicated.

She managed all the little bumps in the road we weren't expecting and I was able to relax and really enjoy our big day.

I highly recommend her - she's been doing this a long time and knows her stuff!

Sent on 09/13/2017

Lynn · Married on 04/07/2017

Karen @ Life Of The Party was extremely friendly, honest, informative, and overall amazing person!!! She pulled all my ideas together and suggested ones that i will be using in my upcoming wedding. I would highly recommend her and her talents for your next wedding or event!

Sent on 01/12/2017

Michael · Married on 12/10/2016

Darling Karen!!!! We met for the first time at the rehearsal but I felt as though I had known you for years! You are simply amazing, have the most wonderful smile and biggest heart!!! Nina and Joanna's wedding was fabulous because of you!!! A standing ovation to you and your assistants!!! Big hug! Nanette Copley

Sent on 09/21/2017

Kaitlyn · Married on 10/09/2016

We cannot thank Karen and her husband enough!! Our wedding day was absolutely amazing - actually, it was better than I ever dreamed it could be. Karen completely brought my vision to life. She and her husband were so patient, sweet, and accommodating. The best of the best. Such a pleasure to work with! There is something very calming about Karen, she just makes you feel like everything is going to be ok and it completely eliminated all of my stress. I hope that we are fortunate enough to cross paths with her again someday very soon because I have no doubts that yet again, it would be the perfect day!

Sent on 10/22/2016

Cheryl · Married on 10/09/2016

I just can't say enough about this couple. They were out of this world. Their personalities were unbelievable. I can't thank them enough for how they put together my son and daughter in-laws wedding. They came in with class and such love for what they do and the people that they do it for. I only met Karen and Craig that morning and instantly fell in love with both of them. I think we will forever be in touch. They are just those kind of people. I would recommend them for any event you may have. Great job Karen and Craig, can't wait to see you again. :)

Sent on 11/03/2016

Katie · Married on 10/08/2016

When it comes to Karen, I was so blessed to have her throughout my wedding planning journey. There isn't enough that I could say to express how happy I am to have have had her by my side throughout this experience. From first meeting her a year ago, to it finally being my wedding day, Karen became the friend that I never knew I needed. Every ounce of stress I ever began to feel Karen took away from me and gave me a reason to laugh whenever I wanted to cry. She listened, understood, and solved any problems along the way ensuring that I had the wedding day that I've always envisioned. It didn't matter if it was the middle of the night or really early in the morning Karen was always here if I needed her. In the beginning I thought I knew exactly what I wanted and that I could plan this wedding myself but when it comes down to it every single bride just neeeds some help. Whether it's a little bit of help, or a lot of help Karen will be there! She will be your shoulder to cry on when your bridesmaids dresses don't fit...., and the problem-solver when all your center piece pumpkins rot days before your wedding.....! But most importantly she will be the amazing woman she is and stand by your side through to your wedding day not just as your wedding planner, but as a friend.

I've not only gained my husband, but a wonderful friend in Karen and her helper Janet throughout this experience! Love you guys always! Katie ??

Sent on 10/13/2016

Lindsey · Married on 09/10/2016

Just 100% amazing from start to finish. I don't even know where to begin with how amazing Karen was. I found Karen using Wedding Wire--I emailed around 5 wedding planners, and Karen was the first one to get back to me. After we had a conversation with her over the phone (we had a destination wedding, so we did not even meet Karen until the day before the wedding), we knew she was the one. Her responsiveness, professionalism, warmth, and care is evident from the first moment you contact her until well after the wedding. Every time I had a question, whether it was about a friend who was asking me a million questions about hotels or about timing of the reception, or flowers, or anything at all, I could just ask Karen. There were a few times when I emailed her thinking I was going to ask her a question, and it ended up being just a stress vent about the process, because it does get stressful! Karen was fantastic--she always said whatever it was I was stressed out with, she would take care of, and she always did. Each thing I was stressed out with, I never had to think about it again. Everyone asked me if I was stressed out the week of the wedding, and I could truthfully tell people that no, I wasn't stressed out, and in fact, I was the least stressed throughout the whole process because at that point, I knew Karen would take care of everything. I had items that I wanted at the ceremony, and Karen came by to pick them up. Karen took care of the rehearsal dinner. Karen took care of fielding all calls and questions the day of. Karen answered any questions I had about tipping the vendors. Karen took care of finding childcare AND having costumes, videos, coloring books and games for the children at the reception so the parents could relax--she took care of so much. She is absolutely WONDERFUL.

Sent on 09/22/2016

Hannah · Married on 06/04/2016

Fantastic person to help plan your wedding! This was my families first experience using a wedding planner after coordinating two weddings ourselves. I can truly say, having Karen coordinate, follow up on appointments/requirements, and providing recommendations, in hindsight, I don't know how I could have done it without her. Karen truly made our day more incredible than we ever could.

Sent on 06/15/2016

Tyra · Married on 06/04/2016

Karen goes above and beyond for her clients. She does everything she can to make her clients day spectacular. She is also very sweet.

Sent on 06/16/2016

Lisa · Married on 10/24/2015

I recently got married on Oct 24 in Lewes, DE and I was referred to Karen Pugh by Kathy McDonald over at Nage, who catered our wedding. It was the best advice I could have taken. I was on the fence on whether or not we should hire a day of coordinator and I am so happy that we did because Karen was phenomenal! She went over and above her call of duty. The first time my husband and I met with Karen she truly felt like part of our family. From emails to phone calls, meeting the day before the rehearsal to get boxes of decorations I had for the reception (that I had no idea what I wanted to do with them), letting us use some of her own personal items for the wedding so that we wouldn't have to spend the extra money, helping us get situated at the rehearsal, and making sure that everything ran smoothly during the day of - I could not have asked for a better day of coordinator - and she definitely went above and beyond day of! Our family and wedding party commented on how great she was and she worked wonderfully with our other vendors. We felt she truly had our best interest in mind and she is also just a wonderful person to be around. Karen, and her husband Chuck, are just absolutely amazing people and they helped make our day really wonderful. I would definitely recommend using Karen as she will really go above and beyond!

Sent on 11/17/2015

Ginger · Married on 06/27/2015

Karen is a huge asset to any event. She takes the stress out of preparations. Everything is done with the utmost care.

Sent on 06/30/2015

Peggy · Married on 06/13/2015

Life of the Party Event Planning and design is the most professional service in the state of Delaware. Her attentiveness to detail is beyond any other vendor that I have ever worked with. She showed us how to save money and wasn't intent on adding a surcharge for any additional service for upselling to us. She worked very well with other vendors and does not take percentage kick backs like many event planners who are in cahoots with the other wedding vendors. She told us what we didn't need and what was essential. She was on call 24/7 to all parties involved and coordinated all of our vendors that provided a flawless day. If you are thinking of getting married and are considering a planner Karen Pugh from Life of the Party is the best money you will spend! Make sure you contact her early as her services are in high demand. So blessed she was available to make our day absolute perfection.

Sent on 06/18/2015

Jeanne · Married on 06/13/2015

Karen was awesome, love working with you guys.

Sent on 06/19/2015

Ellen · Married on 06/13/2015

Karen's wedding planning services were wonderful and we were blessed to have her!!! Our suggestion would be to also contact Peggy Mitchell Elswick, the grooms mom, as she paid for Karen's services as a engagement gift to Megan and Billy. Peggy's email address is peggy.mitchell@drba.net and her cell phone number is 302-245-5260.

Sent on 06/26/2015