Leapin Lizard Lounge Reviews

Leapin Lizard Lounge 4
Leapin Lizard Lounge 5
  • Runawaybride

Kate · Married on 05/27/2017

My husband and I loved the Leapin' Lizard Lounge! It was such a cool place for our wedding. The owner, Richard, is fun, accommodating, flexible, and helpful. I can't say enough good things about him. He is seriously one of the coolest people I've ever met, and according to my Mom (who did most of the communicating with him) he was always readily available by text. The venue is unlike anything I've ever experienced. It's a former church (Catholic, I think) turned art gallery, with features like an original organ and stained glass windows coupled with wacky Tim Burton-esque décor. Our favorite detail was that the former confessionals were converted into bathrooms, which we found hilariously quirky and irreverent. The windows make for an absolutely stunning ceremony space, especially if you're reciting your vows while the sun is coming through them. Guests headed downstairs after the ceremony for cocktail hour, while staff "flipped" the space to set up tables for dinner (there is a bar on each level, and we loved the bartenders!) After dinner back upstairs, the area downstairs becomes the dance floor, while upstairs remains a quieter area for low-key mingling and relaxing. We really enjoyed the location of the Leapin' Lizard as well. It's right in the heart of Covington, and there are plenty of bars and restaurants nearby to throw a fabulous after party. We were able to walk to our hotel (the Marriott at Rivercenter Blvd.) A downside was that older relatives might have had trouble with the stairs at the venue, but Richard had problem-solving solutions for that. It was also a little hot upstairs during dinner (and I may have been hotter than others, because of my wedding dress), but Richard worked to crank up the air and improve guests' comfort. I really appreciated that he stayed on site during the entire event to help everything go smoothly. In short, this was a really unique venue run by an awesome professional, and you won't be disappointed! Happy wedding planning!

Sent on 06/12/2017

Megan · event on: 01/17/2015

Such a fun space, it was perfect a big 40th birthday party!

Sent on 01/18/2015

I cannot believe I was so lucky to find such and awesome venue. Richard, the owner, went above and beyond to make sure my day was special. My caterer FORGOT buns and Richard went out and got them! He set up my centerpieces and even lit my candles for the ceremony. I was absolutely in shock and delighted that he prevented so many catastrophes from happening on my wedding day, not to mention that it is an amazingly unique and fun location for a great price. Although, what Richard was willing to do for a stressed out bride was priceless!! Everyone was raving about how cool the venue was. Leapin Lizard really made my whole wedding.

Sent on 10/16/2013

Jennifer · Married on 08/27/2016

We loved that this was a unique venue and that we could put our own touches on everything. The 2nd floor for the ceremony is absolutely beautiful with the stained glass windows, and the 1st floor is just a fun atmosphere. The cost was a great value. Compared to other places we visited, this was a little less expensive, AND it wasn't a cookie-cutter wedding/reception.

We got so many compliments on how much everyone liked it!

Richard was great to work with - very friendly and easy to work with.

Sent on 10/08/2016

Leapin Lizard Lounge 12
    Sent on 11/27/2017

Jennifer · Married on 08/06/2016

3.0

My husband and I had our wedding ceremony and reception last week at Leapin Lizard Lounge. When we first talked to Richard, who owns the place, I remember telling him that it seemed "too good to be true and asking what the catch was. There was no catch. This was a fabulous, unique space that allows couples to throw events that feel personalized and interesting. Richard was wonderful to work with and extremely accommodating. The space was lovely and very fun. I would highly recommend this space to anyone looking to throw a slightly less than traditional wedding, and I echo the poster who mentioned "looking back in disbelief about how perfect the night was". We feel the same way.

Sent on 08/14/2016