La Blanca Bridal Boutique Reviews

29 | Olmsted Falls, OH

29 Reviews for La Blanca Bridal Boutique

Amber · Married on 10/22/2016

My dress was absolutely beautiful. They don't lie when they say when you know, you know. The downstairs of La Blanca is a dress shop with to-order dresses and options for bridesmaids. Upstairs is a consignment-type area; dresses are new or previously worn and are in great condition! That is where I found my dress among the racks! They have a lovely little area upstairs to try on dresses and a sitting area for guests. They were more than helpful trying on the different dresses. I loved their little ritual for finding "the one." Much better than David's Bridal bell ringing. One note on the consignment dresses: you buy them then and there, no alterations are done; so you have to find a place to do alterations in that case. Worth every penny!

Sent on 12/28/2016

Kathy · Married on 08/27/2016

Going wedding dress shopping at La Blanca was a GREAT experience!
    I was a little worried about my appointment going into it because there were about 13 people planning to come. I was kind of under the impression that it was a smaller place so I was not sure how this would go. It went perfectly!! The ladies there were so accommodating. When we walked in they allowed us to have the entire upper level of the store for my family and bridesmaids to watch me try on dresses. The lady asked what I was looking for and I think she pulled just about every dress in the store that matched my requirements. She was not pushy or rushed us at all. With so many people, each dress took a bit of time because there were a lot of pictures being taken and comments about the dress.

The store itself is very cute and has so many different styles and is affordable. I highly recommend stopping here while searching for your dress.

Sent on 12/29/2016
  • Alaine

Alaine · Married on 05/06/2017

The associates at La Blanca were helpful, attentive, and patient during my bridal and bridesmaids dress consultation. They helped coordinate getting the dresses ordered on time and shipped to two out-of-state bridesmaids as well. The location is adorable and was a wonderful shopping experience.

Sent on 06/04/2017
  • Felicia

Felicia · Married on 06/22/2019

3.4
      3.0
      3.0
      2.0

Strengths and weaknesses

Here goes my completely honest review: I’d like to start by saying that La Blanca is an adorable little bridal shop in such a cute neighborhood in Olmsted Falls, Ohio. It is a small business and I worked with 2 women - Paula & Paige. Bridal gown- I came for a dress appt in October 2018 for my June 2019 wedding and told them my budget was $1000. Paige took me upstairs and we looked at some marked down dresses on the rack that were similar to pictures I showed her. I tried on 4 or 5 dresses and found “the one”! I loved it. Later on, when I went to get the dress altered, I realized it was a size 24, and I’m about a 14-16. I didn’t really think about it at the time because when you try on dresses at the shop they clip it on so tight that it fits like a glove. Paige reassured me that my dress would be a quick and easy alteration, estimating $100. She gave me a recommendation for a seamstress, who was amazing by the way. I met with the seamstress and she said that it would be difficult to get the dress to fit me well because it was so big on me. Fast forward, alterations were over $400, and took 5 appointments with my seamstress. She did a great job, but it completely changed the look of the dress and was a bit frumpy on me still. I’d suggest that future brides really consider this. I felt a little pushed into buying it based on their advice saying I was running out of time. So, just be cautious! Bridesmaid dresses- honestly, I would suggest going elsewhere for this. They struggle to accommodate women over a size 8, and the dresses are really pricey for the quality. Suit rental- this was fine- we rented a good quality suit for my husband. Overall, when we ran into problems, Paula did her best to solve them. She was responsive to concerns that my maid of honor was measured poorly & she re-measured and ordered another gown to fit. However, this was after Paige suggested she lose some weight to fit in the dress by the wedding and nothing could be done about the small size. For a $400 dress that was more than 4 sizes too small that was ridiculous. The error was on La Blanca’s part, and it took some pushing to get them to fix the problem. They did, but my maid of honor felt terrible about herself in the end. So, overall, they have the potential to be a great bridal shop but have some work to do. I hope this review helps people make the decision on what works for them!

Sent on 07/29/2019