Custom Wedding Ceremonies of Central Virginia Reviews

Custom Wedding Ceremonies of Central Virginia 4
Custom Wedding Ceremonies of Central Virginia 5
  • Nicky

Nicky Graham · Married on 10/12/2019

Five stars across the board!

Julie wrote a beautiful ceremony for my husband and I! It was jovial and lighthearted while being intimate and moving. We received so many compliments on the ceremony from our guests! Julie really took the time to get to know my husband and I and allowed us to provide feedback on draft ceremonies before crafting the final version. She really captured our personalities and journey and the final product was a perfect representation of our individual love story. We can't thank you enough Julie! Five stars across the board!

Custom Wedding Ceremonies of Central Virginia 6
    Custom Wedding Ceremonies of Central Virginia 7
    Sent on 11/03/2019
  • Christopher

Christopher Golas · Married on 10/05/2019

Officiant to exceed all expectations! For those really looking for an intimate, personalized experience

Julie was a fantastic officiant for our wedding. Her involvement started 7 months ago when we found her on weddinwire and were starting planning for our DIY wedding weekend at Wolftrap farm in Gordonsville, VA in October. We were looking for a non denominational officiant with a story telling background who could really capture the moments of both how we met as a couple as well as our journey into marriage. Julie was able to keep us on track with when she needed specific info from both of us (in the form of a questionnaire each of us received and shared only the answers with her) in order for her to tailor the ceremony intimately around us. We both wrote our own vows for each other as well. Julie was able to integrate her own touch in the form of quotes, poems and excerpts from famous figures, philosophers and playwrights that mirrored perfectly the flow of the ceremony as well as various options for additions to the ceremony to display the physical moments of union between our two families and one another. We were able to review all of these elements and provide feedback/changes many weeks ahead of the big day so everything would be perfect for us. Julie also came out the day before for a rehearsal with our families which in all honesty seemed a little disorganized (mostly because our families were joking around while Julie was trying to review the ceremony and nothing feels quite as real as the moment it is actually happening). While we left the rehearsal with a little uncertainty we did manage to review the organization of the ceremony with some seriousness and Julie left knowing how to guide us on the day of with utmost certainty. And so she did! On the day of our ceremony Julie orchestrated a perfect delivery and helped to make our whole ceremony in the words of friends "The best wedding they have been to, hands down" And we did not even have the reception at that point. We have Julie to thank for helping us personalize and transform the wedding ceremony into the experience we had envisioned from the start; An emotional and transcendent experience centered around the love we share for one another and also to be shared with our most beloved friends and family in attendance.
    Chris and Darlene

Custom Wedding Ceremonies of Central Virginia 8
    Custom Wedding Ceremonies of Central Virginia 9
    Sent on 10/15/2019

Custom Wedding Ceremonies of Central Virginia's reply:

I have tears in my eyes ... thank you so much for the privilege of being your Officiant. As I looked around at your family and friends, it was immediately apparent that this was a very sophisticated, astute, artistic group of very hip friends and very loving family members (most all from Philadelphia and parts North). I have to say, your wedding was a personal high for me. Thank you so much. I will never forget your wedding. You did it yourself, and it shined.
  • Rachelle

Rachelle Rucker · Married on 09/28/2019

Good Listener and Vision Interpreter

Julie did a fabulous job bringing our vision for our wedding ceremony to life! She is a great listener who helped us channel how we wanted our ceremony to feel and did a great job integrating all of our (many) ideas.

Sent on 10/04/2019

Kristen Hoagland · Married on 09/20/2019

The most beautiful and touching wedding ceremony

Julie was the officiant for our wedding at Pippin Hill Farm on 9/20/19 and she went above and beyond. She wrote the most touching and beautiful ceremony for us and when I first reviewed it, I was in tears. She described our relationship perfectly. She was very easy to work with and was amazing at communicating with my wedding planner and with my husband and I. The ceremony was the perfect balance of being sentimental, funny, and traditional which was exactly what we wanted. After the wedding, many people have told me how beautiful and special the ceremony was. If you are looking for a wedding officiant, I would recommend Julie over and over again. She is truly the best!

Sent on 10/03/2019
  • Allison

Allison · Married on 09/14/2019

We would recommend Julie to everyone

Julie was an incredible officiant for our wedding. We enjoyed working with her on every step throughout the process. She provides a wealth of knowledge and information, which is so helpful when you’re planning the ceremony whether you know exactly what you want or have no idea. She takes the time to make everything perfect and happily allows as many edits as you would like. She’s kind, flexible, reliable, and well-spoken. We could not have asked for a better officiant. We would recommend her to anyone and everyone.

Sent on 09/23/2019

Megan Novak · Married on 07/09/2019

Julie was so flexible, reliable and well-spoken! We are so thankful to have had the opportunity to work with her!

Julie was fabulous to work with. From our first meeting, through the ceremony drafting process all the way up to our wedding, Julie was very flexible and helpful throughout the process. Julie helped curate the most perfect ceremony that truly reflected us as a couple. We were thrilled with her services and thought the ceremony turned out beautifully! We had many family members comment on how fabulous the ceremony was and complimented her public speaking skills. We are so lucky to have had the opportunity to work with Julie. Many thanks for helping make our wedding so special!

Sent on 12/01/2019

Emily Kohler · Married on 08/31/2019

A true expert and professional

What can I even say - Julie is amazing. She offers an over-the-phone consultation so she can learn more about the wedding and us as a couple and so we could learn more about her. She also offers a no-strings-attached consultation in person where she actually drove an hour to meet with us and start getting detailed ideas about the ceremony. It was very obvious to me that Julie is an expert from that first phone call: she asked how my husband and I met within the first few minutes of the call, and as I babbled about how it seemed like the universe just plopped us down in front of each other she said "so would you say your relationship is serendipitous?" without a second thought. SHE WAS EXACTLY RIGHT! Julie found all of the right words for us. It's very clear that she has done this a lot because of how talented she is, but our ceremony was still unique to just us. Our guests laughed, they cried... and I cried a lot (from happiness)! I can't imagine a more perfect experience with a celebrant. Julie is top-tier. I also did all of the wedding planning myself without a coordinator or planner. Julie stepped in and made sure that the ceremony went smoothly from start to finish and helped wrangle our wedding party. Because of her expertise and passion, I didn't even feel the pressure of not having someone else planning my wedding for me. Thank you for everything Julie!

Sent on 09/10/2019
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 06/22/2019

Absolutely Amazing!

My husband and I LOVED Julie! She was very friendly and flexible with our schedules. Her custom ceremony was everything we were hoping for and more. She was open to any and all changes we wanted to make (but we didn't have many because she is so talented)! Julie's services are worth the little extra $ you will spend compared to other officiants. We are so grateful for her!

Sent on 07/10/2019

Claire · Married on 10/13/2018

Julie is the best!

Julie is exactly what we were looking for and more. I can't recommend her enough for her professionalism, warmth, talent, and guidance. A thousand times YES.

Sent on 10/18/2018

Jasmine · Married on 09/29/2018

Julie was outstanding throughout the entire wedding planning process. She wrote a tearjerking yet funny ceremony and assured everything was perfect for our big day. When we were slow on writing our vows she even put the time in to contact us individually to assist in the process.

Sent on 10/12/2018

Kaleigh · Married on 05/05/2018

Julie was an absolute dream to work with. From our first meeting over wine at our wedding venue together, she understood the vibe, energy and direction we were hoping for in our wedding ceremony. She crafted the most beautiful, personal, intimate and sweet ceremony. The way she delivered the ceremony brought everyone to tears. We could not have been happier with our experience as well as the ceremony components. We received so many compliments about are ceremony; words like " the most beautiful wedding ceremony Ive ever heard" " so intimate and personal - it was totally you" "Ive never been so emotional during a wedding ceremony before - it was beautiful."
    We are so thrilled to have met Julie and had her there for our big day. All our love!

Sent on 06/12/2018

Sierra · Married on 12/03/2017

I reached out to Julie a bit last minute about a month out from my wedding. I had read her reviews and they were all glowing and it seemed that she put a considerable amount of time into personalizing ceremonies and making each one an experience of its own. I can absolutely say that she did not disappoint. She wrote an absolutely stunning ceremony for us from scratch. It had a remarkable amount of details lining the progression and individuality of our relationship. She took a moment in the ceremony to look at each of us and tell us what the other loved about us. Everything about it was magical. We had many many people gush about the how beautiful it was and also many people tell us it was the best ceremony they had ever been to. On top of making the most important moment of our lives perfect she was very professional, responsive and attentive. She sent her ceremony script to us and allowed us to edit any changes we wanted to make directly to the document. I cannot rave enough about Julie and choosing her to preform your ceremony will be a decision you will be greatful your u made for the rest of your life.

Sent on 12/28/2017

Melinda · Married on 11/11/2017

Having Julie officiate our wedding was one of the best and easiest decisions made when planning our special day. Her energy was the perfect addition to our ceremony that was already so beautifully written. The detail and thought that was put into our ceremony was priceless. I highly recommend hiring Julie to officiate your wedding. I’d hire her again in a heartbeat. It was almost sad that our day came and went since it meant less correspondence with such a beautiful person. Thank you again Julie!

Custom Wedding Ceremonies of Central Virginia 10
    Sent on 12/26/2017

Katie · Married on 10/14/2017

Julie was a pleasure to work with and made things so simple for us. My husband and I were lucky to meet her for coffee prior to booking her and that put our mind at ease. We could tell she was organized and would create a personalized ceremony that we would love. Julie crafted a beautiful ceremony for us and included us in the process to ensure it was exactly what we wanted. The rehearsal and ceremony were quick exactly like we wanted. We received numerous compliments from family and friends about how beautiful our ceremony was. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a nonreligious, personalized ceremony!

Sent on 10/19/2017

Patricia · Married on 10/14/2017

Julie was wonderful! Our September 30th wedding was on top of the blue ridge mountains, and she helped out ceremony felt so intimate and personal. She worked with us to develop a script for our ceremony, and helped to make it a reality! My family even commented afterward how beautiful it was. Would recommend to all of my friends and family looking for a personal, well-rounded officiant who can cater your ceremony to how you envision it!

Sent on 12/26/2017

Matt · Married on 10/07/2017

Julie was great! She made everything perfect and even helped us prepare for the special day. She did such an awesome job at making it our own and nailing the details. Definitely recommend!

Sent on 12/28/2017

Brad · Married on 09/23/2017

Julie was able to help us have a wonderful wedding day! We were involved in the writing with Julie’s help and guidance. The process helped us grow closer as a couple. The ceremony was everything we wanted and made our day very special.
    Julie married us on our front porch with a few friends and family. We had the best day ever!

We recommend Julie to anyone who wants to get a great start in the journey as a married couple.

Warm regards

Brad and Deb Wooldridge

Custom Wedding Ceremonies of Central Virginia 11
    Sent on 01/08/2018
  • K Dot

Katie · Married on 06/03/2017

Julie was a pleasure to work with. She takes her time to create a beautiful, personalized ceremony. She was willing to meet with us twice -- our initial meeting and another time to go over small details to tie everything up. She was very flexible and was able to edit our ceremony until it was perfect for us.

She is much more than just an officiant. She helped us with the order of the processional (where bridesmaids and groomsmen, etc. enter) and also reached out to our vendors and wedding planner to ensure the ceremony ran smoothly. We also just received a sweet gift in the mail from her -- a formal copy of our ceremony. Julie was excellent, and I highly recommend her!

Sent on 06/16/2017
  • Lauren A. Wolfe

Lauren · Married on 05/06/2017

From day one Julie was part of our team. She drafted our ceremony and we used Google Docs to finalize the details. Given that we're located in Northern Virginia, the process was simple, collaborative and not stressful. We worked closely with her to create a ceremony that truly told our story and had meaning to us. Julie was a big part in helping us to add creative and unique elements. Our guests laughed, cried and laughed again. We're still hearing from guests that our ceremony was the best they've ever experienced. And we couldn't agree more! Thank you Julie for being part of our Dream Team!

Sent on 07/17/2017

Nicole · Married on 02/25/2017

It is hard to express how wonderful Julie was to work with. She helped us share our lighthearted love story that our guests told us was so memorable and unique; many commented that it was a truly enjoyable ceremony to witness. Julie is confident and organized and we felt very much at ease with her throughout the wedding planning process. She was thoughtful and flexible, quick to respond, and crafted a ceremony that exceeded our expectations.

Thank you, Julie!

Sent on 02/25/2017

Molly · Married on 10/08/2016

Julie was amazing! Our ceremony was so special and fit us perfectly! Any questions we had Julie was right there to answer them. She gave us the perfect wedding ceremony!

Sent on 10/28/2016

Kelley · Married on 09/17/2016

Julie was absolutely amazing! She wrote a beautiful ceremony that told the story of my husband and I's relationship and life together. It was so personal and special. We got so many compliments from guests about how wonderful the ceremony was and how great it was that she made it so personal. Leading up to the wedding, Julie was very quick to respond to emails and calls. She even sent reminder emails about our marriage license. Just days after the wedding, she sent us a beautiful hard copy of our ceremony and sent the papers for our marriage license out immediately. I would highly recommend Julie as an officiant; it was wonderful to work with her!

Sent on 12/22/2016

Sally · Married on 09/10/2016

Julie was great to work with and crafted an amazing ceremony for our wedding! When we first started looking for an Officiant we were a bit clueless as to what exactly what we wanted but starting at our first meeting over coffee she made us both feel at ease with her charming personality. Over the course of the months leading up to the wedding she crafted a very warm and personalized ceremony and song list that incorporated our feedback and ended up being exactly what we wanted, even if we didn't know what that was going in!

Our guests complimented how personalized the ceremony was to who we are as a couple. She was also very timely with all of our paperwork and it was in our mailbox when we got home from our honeymoon. I highly recommend Julie to anyone looking for an Officiant for their upcoming wedding.

Sent on 10/22/2016

Erin · Married on 06/27/2016

Whether you know exactly what you want, or you aren't sure, Julie will help write and design the perfect ceremony. The more time you spend talking and sharing with her, answering her questions and letting her get to know you, the more you will be amazed at how well she captures your love, your story, and the meaning that this special day has to you. Our guests were very impressed as well and many said it was the best ceremony they had ever experienced.

Sent on 09/01/2016

Megan · Married on 06/04/2016

Julie was absolutely amazing to work with! As soon as my fiance and I met her, we knew we wanted her to be our officiant. She crafted the most beautiful ceremony for our wedding, which brought me to tears the first time I read it. It was personalized and more unique than a traditional wedding ceremony, which was exactly what we wanted. So many people I've talked to after our wedding said the ceremony was their favorite part. Julie was so easy to communicate with, very flexible and is an absolute professional. I can't recommend her enough!

Sent on 06/14/2016