Living for Love

Richmond, Virginia View map Visit website
2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$500 Typical Price

A wedding officiant based in Richmond, Virginia, Living for Love offers ceremonies for all couples. Rev. Melody Porter, officiant at Living for Love, is an ordained Deacon in the United Methodist Church with experience officiating a variety of weddings, from interfaith, non-religious, and single religion ceremonies to civil unions, rehearsals, and vow renewals. Melody creates a ceremony that is meaningful and personal to the couple with the goal of reflecting the uniqueness of their love and partnership, and hopes for their relationship. She enjoys infusing lightness and laughter into ceremonies, while creating space for all to be fully present in the sacredness of the love and commitment being shared.

Fully licensed in the states of Florida, Georgia, Maryland, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Wisconsin, Melody works with couples on customizing their vows for a ceremony that tells their story and the life they are creating together. Although she is deeply rooted in the Christian faith, Melody has experience officiating ceremonies of many religious and spiritual traditions and perspectives, as well as interfaith and non-religious weddings.

What is the typical price for your wedding services?

$500

What is the starting price for your wedding services?

$500

Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal?

What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals?

$100

What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?

Non-religious
Interfaith
Ceremony Rehearsal
Vow Renewal
Civil Union
Single Religion

What services do you provide?

Allow Couples' Own Vows

What religious affiliations do you serve?

Agnostic
Shinto
Sikhism
Taoist
Unitarian

On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate?

Less than 30 mins.

In which states are you licensed?

FL
GA
MD
MI
PA
VA
WI

What languages do you speak?

English
illustration question

Any other questions?

Message vendor

Laura Married on 09/24/2022

Best Officiant We Came Across! Captures warmth and heart

Melody was just the person we were looking for to officiate our wedding. She has a warm and soft presence that follows the lead of what you want to do. We felt she truly listened to our wants and desires, and although we met her once in person before the wedding, she captured our relationship in her beautiful homily. Her ceremony was thoughtful and it was clear she invested time in personalizing it to reflect each of us individually and collectively. We couldn't have asked for someone better to lead our special day. She is gifted and I promise you will be happy if you go with Melody!
    Jennifer B. Married on 08/12/2022

Amazing Melody!!

I cannot recommend Melody enough! I was worried at first not having an officiant that I knew personally or I was close with. I had an initial phone call with Melody and she was so warm and understanding! After the phone call she met my fiancé and me for coffee where she asked us very detailed questions to get to know us and our story. Following our meeting she sent us a draft of our ceremony that we were able to review and make sure we felt comfortable with. When it came to the day of our ceremony she knocked it out of the park! It was so special and personal to my fiancé and me. I had multiple people tell me after my ceremony that it was the most meaningful and best ceremony they had ever seen.
    Dawn P. Married on 06/04/2022

Melody was perfect!

Melody Porter went above and beyond in making the ceremony amazing! If we had an opportunity to plan our wedding 100 more times we would choose Melody every time! Her attention to detail was so admirable as she learned my wife and I through meeting with us and keeping in touch with us through email. The final product of this effort was an incredibly personalized, meaningful sermon that included details about our friends and family that really made them feel involved in the celebration with my wife and I.
  • illustration stars

Jessica & Drew
25 photos · 05/16/2021

Pricing

1423 Avondale Ave Richmond, Virginia, 23227
Location of (Living for Love)

Other vendors in Richmond for your wedding