Rev. Kate Adamson

8170 DICK WOODS RD, Charlottesville, VA 22920 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 23
  • Deals 1

About Rev. Kate Adamson

Rev. Kate Adamson is a state-licensed interfaith wedding officiant based in Charlottesville, Virginia, offering ceremonies with meaning, beauty, and laughter. Rev. Kate works with couples who seek a wedding that is creative, personal, and a reflection of who they are as individuals. She officiates all types of weddings, as well as civil unions, rehearsals, and vow renewals, and especially serves couples who identify as "spiritual but not religious."

Couples work with Rev. Kate to create a wedding that is centered around their love, with customized vows and other personal touches. As an ordained interfaith minister, Reverend Kate has experience working with couples of varied religious traditions and backgrounds. She also works with people who are non-denominational, agnostic, or atheist, as well as those who are:

• Buddhist
  • Earth-based
  • Jewish
  • Muslim
  • Quaker
  • Unitarian
  • Christian

The Process

After an intial phone consultation, Rev. Kate loves to meet with couples in person, if possible, for a more detailed ceremony design process (Skype or FaceTime are also possible). Kate can provide samples of readings, vows, and ceremony options for the couple to consider, and couples are encouraged to bring their own unique ideas of what they want for their wedding. After that meeting, Kate compiles a draft ceremony outline, and the couples are welcome to continue revising and providing input. Kate is happy to attend the wedding rehearsal to help ensure that everyone involved is clear and informed about the necessary details. On the day of the wedding, Kate provides a grounded, professional presence that helps to ease any stress or nervousness. Afterwards, Kate completes and mails in the marriage liscense! Rev. Kate is also happy to provide relationship coaching leading up to and after the wedding day.

Follow Rev. Kate Adamson on

Rev. Kate Adamson 6
Rev. Kate Adamson 7
  • Kayla

Kayla Dickey · Married on 05/09/2019

Rev Kate is experienced, professional, thoughtful and a calming presence.

Through our entire wedding planning and process, Kate was flexible, professional and thoughtful. She is a very down to earth, calming person and her experience and resources gave us many ideas and helped us know what to expect. We definitely recommend getting her for the rehearsal as well. She took a leadership role and walked everyone through the ceremony, but still kept the rehearsal fun, fast and easy to follow. She was also very flexible with last minute ceremony changes. We keep getting compliments of how beautiful the ceremony was. Me and my husband planned our whole wedding while living out of state with little other help, which was a task, but Rev. Kate definitely took a great amount of the pressure off us. Thank you so much for giving us a Wonderful ceremony to remember. We will send you some pictures soon!

-Kayla and Noah Furr

Sent on 05/23/2019
    Rev. Kate Adamson 9
    Rev. Kate Adamson 10
    Rev. Kate Adamson 11
  • Dana

Dana Lam · Married on 05/04/2019

Beautiful Ceremony

My husband and I met Kate almost a year before our wedding, and she worked closely with us leading up to our big day to ensure that our ceremony was absolutely perfect for us. We had so many ideas, and Kate took our pages and pages of brainstorming and crafted and delivered a beautiful ceremony that perfectly reflected our love and our commitment. We could not be happier with the service she provided. I highly recommend Kate.

Sent on 05/07/2019

Rev. Kate Adamson FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services? $ 550.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price? Ceremony Rehearsal
  • What is the starting price for your wedding services? $ 250.00
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal? No
  • What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals? $ 50.00
  • What is the starting price for pre-marital counseling (per session)? $ 75.00
  • What services do you provide? Allow Couples' Own Vows, Licensed, Premarital Counseling
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate? Less than 30 mins.
  • In which states are you licensed? VA
  • What languages do you speak? English

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Rev. Kate Adamson 1
    Creative Couples

I'm very interested in developing unique wedding traditions to fit our evolving understanding of marriage, gender, and spirituality. I'd love to work with couples who are interested in having a very "outside the box" ceremony (including non-traditional vows, family and guest participation, and creative rituals) . For your willingness to experiment and explore new possibilities, I'll offer a 10% discount off of my standard rate (not including travel).

Contact me to discuss your ideas!

• Amanda C. Blake Photography
    Amanda C. Blake Photography Wedding Photographers

Kate was such a joy to work with! I had the pleasure of witnessing one of her beautiful ceremonies at a wedding I photographed. She tied in so many personal anecdotes about the couple and preformed an unforgettably heartwarming and moving ceremony. I can't wait to work with her again soon!

• 8170 DICK WOODS RD Charlottesville, Virginia, 22920 See on map