Dave Norris, Charlottesville-Area Wedding Officiant

Charlottesville, VA View map

$450 Typical Price

I had the honor of serving as Mayor of Charlottesville from 2008-2012 and one of the things that I most enjoyed about serving in public office was being asked to perform weddings for various friends, constituents and visitors to Charlottesville. It was such a delightful experience that I decided to start my own side business as a professional wedding officiant. I specialize in performing relatively simple, civil ceremonies that can be custom-designed to reflect the personalities, backgrounds and values of the happy couple. Though I am eligible to officiate at weddings anywhere in the Commonwealth of Virginia, my primary geographic focus is Charlottesville and the surrounding counties.

If you, or someone you know, is in need of a friendly, experienced officiant for your upcoming nuptials, please visit my website -- www.LetDaveMarryYou.com -- to learn more about me, my services, my pricing, etc. (Or you can find me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/LetDaveMarryYou.) Thanks!

What is the typical price for your wedding services?

$450

Which of the following are included in the price?

Ceremony Rehearsal

What is the starting price for your wedding services?

$250

Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal?

What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals?

$50

What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?

Non-religious
Interfaith
Ceremony Rehearsal
Vow Renewal
Civil Union
Single Religion

What religious affiliations do you serve?

Agnostic
Shinto
Sikhism
Taoist
Unitarian

On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate?

Less than 30 mins.

In which states are you licensed?

VA
illustration question

Any other questions?

Message vendor

• Katherine
    Katherine R. Married on 09/10/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

HIRE DAVE to make your life easier!!!

We used Dave to sign our marriage license the day before our wedding since my older brother was doing our ceremony! Dave was kind, professional, and accommodating toward us. He met with us at a time and place that was convenient for us and quickly helped us make our marriage legal! Despite the brevity of our marriage license signing with him, he still made the moment feel special, which we appreciated! I highly recommend working with Dave!
    Esther E. Married on 08/27/2022

Don't look further

Dave married me & my husband on 8/27/22. We booked him last minute but he was super professional and very easy to work with. He provided us a template of his speech in which we were able to make comments and suggestions for edits. He was able to get this back to us super quickly and with fantastic edits. The ceremony itself couldn't have gone better with Dave as our officiant. His tone was great and he performed exactly what we were asking for. The guests raved about him and said that the ceremony was beautiful. Thank you Dave for being a part of our wedding day! We will be recommending to friends and family.

-Esther & Chris
    VMFA Richmond, VA wedding on 8/27/22
  • Hannah
    Hannah B. Married on 05/28/2022

Easygoing and Professional

I am so happy with our decision to use Dave as our wedding officiant. We wanted a non-religious ceremony that was short and sweet but also intimate and not “cookie cutter.” Dave provided just that. He listened to all our desires/requests for our ceremony and our guests raved about how beautiful our ceremony was and that it was the “perfect length.” Dave is experienced, professional, and kind. We first reached out to Dave in 2020 and he continued to respond quickly to all my emails for the next 2 years. He made the process very easy and also walked us through how to obtain our marriage license (twice!). I would definitely recommend Dave if you’re looking for someone who will make your ceremony feel personal (even if you don’t meet until rehearsal day because of a pandemic!).
  • illustration stars

21 photos · 04/13/2019
Andrew & Stephanie
21 photos · 11/19/2017

Eve Watters Eve Watters Wedding Musicians

Great guy, lovely style for weddings!

111 Chisholm Place Charlottesville, VA, 22902
Location of (Dave Norris, Charlottesville-Area Wedding Officiant)

Other vendors in Richmond for your wedding