155 Georgetown Green, Charlottesville, VA 22901 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 3

About Dave Norris, Charlottesville-Area Wedding Officiant

I had the honor of serving as Mayor of Charlottesville from 2008-2012 and one of the things that I most enjoyed about serving in public office was being asked to perform weddings for various friends, constituents and visitors to Charlottesville. It was such a delightful experience that I decided to start my own side business as a professional wedding officiant. I specialize in performing relatively simple, civil ceremonies that can be custom-designed to reflect the personalities, backgrounds and values of the happy couple. Though I am eligible to officiate at weddings anywhere in the Commonwealth of Virginia, my primary geographic focus is Charlottesville and the surrounding counties.

If you, or someone you know, is in need of a friendly, experienced officiant for your upcoming nuptials, please visit my website -- www.LetDaveMarryYou.com -- to learn more about me, my services, my pricing, etc. (Or you can find me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/LetDaveMarryYou.) Thanks!

Follow Dave Norris, Charlottesville-Area Wedding Officiant on

Dave Norris, Charlottesville-Area Wedding Officiant 4
  • Deanna

Deanna · Married on 08/17/2019

Wedding officiant

Our ceremony was the thing I was worried about the most for our wedding day. I had no idea how to wrap my head around everything that went into the ceremony. Luckily we had Dave who gave us an outline to work from, helped us with our whiskey barrel unity ceremony reading and kept the whole ceremony organized and running perfectly. I would highly recommend Dave for your wedding ceremony officiant!

Sent on 09/05/2019
    Dave Norris, Charlottesville-Area Wedding Officiant 5

Colleen · Married on 05/04/2019

Absolutely perfect!

Dave was the best! He completely let us make the ceremony our own. We wrote our own vows but also did traditional vows as well. He also asked that we give him some bullet points on our "story" and and he did such a great job using that information. It was almost as if he knew us personally! He was recommended by our day-of-coordinator, and it was a perfect suggestion! Would recommend to anyone!

Sent on 05/20/2019

Laura · Married on 04/13/2019

We loved working with Dave!

Dave did an excellent job officiating our wedding. He got us started by sending us a template that gave us a solid foundation, then we worked with him over a few Skype meetings to make it our own. Some examples include him writing a great personal reflection based on some notes we sent him about our relationship and helping us find and adapt a wine ceremony that felt just right to us. Through the scripting process, he was always accommodating and flexible, and he has an easy-going warm personality that makes him so easy to work with.
    At the rehearsal, Dave did a great job walking us through everything- including a lot of smaller details I had not thought about (remembering to pause to adjust the bride’s train, handing off the bouquet, where to put your hands, etc)- and putting everyone at ease. On the wedding day he was a calming presence, spoke clearly and confidently, and the ceremony went just as we’d hoped. He was a real pro and did a bunch of little things to make our day a success, including some we didn’t even notice in the moment, like stepping out of the photo for the first kiss.
    We got a lot of compliments about how beautiful our ceremony was, and it all started with Dave.

Sent on 04/28/2019

Dave Norris, Charlottesville-Area Wedding Officiant FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services? $ 450.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price? Ceremony Rehearsal
  • What is the starting price for your wedding services? $ 250.00
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal? Yes
  • What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals? $ 50.00
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate? Less than 30 mins.
  • In which states are you licensed? VA

Real Weddings

• Eve Watters
    Eve Watters Wedding Musicians

Great guy, lovely style for weddings!

• 155 Georgetown Green Charlottesville, 22901 See on map