5572 ROLLING RD S, Scottsville, VA 24590 Map · Phone number

About Lisa Barnes Rogers - Officiant

In 2003, I was appointed by the Commonwealth of Virginia to perform civil ceremonies and have numerous sample ceremonies that can be modified to include either religious or secular formats.You may also use your own vows or make modifications to some of my standard formats. I enjoy working with couples to create their own unique style of ceremony including poetry, candle lighting, wine box, music or other preferred rituals. I am also ordained by the Universal Life Church to perform weddings outside of the Commonwealth of Virginia.

The first step is to speak with you by phone so that we can discuss your plans and to get to know each other. Next, we design your ceremony. In my opinion, the words of the ceremony are the most important part of your service, but we'll talk more about that. You will give the final approval of your ceremony once we have tweaked it so that there are no surprises the day of your wedding. If you are not working with a wedding planner, I will walk you through the wedding rehearsal the day before your wedding. Then, the day of your wedding, I arrive at least an hour prior to the event, perform your ceremony and complete and file your marriage license.

Lisa Barnes Rogers
Marriage Commissioner/Officiant
Commonwealth of Virginia
(434) 531-0064

Follow Lisa Barnes Rogers - Officiant on

Other couples have also viewed

• Rev Alex Zuber, Wedding Officiant

8 Reviews for Lisa Barnes Rogers - Officiant

• Valerie

Adam H. · Married on 04/25/2019

The BEST of the Best

What could I say about Lisa that’s not amazing. I adore her and her calming energy, love, and grace. It’s so rare to find someone that is so genuine, kind, and that will go out her way to be there for you. She is an beautiful human and I feel blessed that she was the person to marry my husband and I ...and now will be forever considered a friend. If you’re looking for an officiant and have been scrolling through name, after name...stop here, you will not be disappointed in any way, shape or form. Thank you for all that you did for us and our families, Lisa! You really are an angel and it was an honor to have you!!!

Sent on 05/08/2019

Lisa Barnes Rogers - Officiant's reply:

Thank you so much! It was me who had the great honor of marrying you both! Love to you and your sweet families.

Karima C. · Married on 08/11/2018

Lisa was awesome and very friendly! She helped plan our ceremony to fit us. We loved working with Lisa. Please find her and contact her ASAP. It will be your best experience ever!

Sent on 09/23/2018

Kelsey · Married on 09/23/2017

Working with Lisa was easy from the very beginning. She was flexible, attentive, and helpful throughout the planning process. We met with her well before the wedding to discuss our background and thoughts about the ceremony so that she could help guide us towards one that was right for us. She also provided us with examples of unique and diverse ceremonies from which we were able to craft our own. Lisa’s organization and professionalism were a big part of what made our ceremony so amazing.

Sent on 03/25/2018

Lisa Barnes Rogers - Officiant FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services?
    $ 400
  • Which of the following are included in the price?
    Ceremony Rehearsal
  • What is the starting price for your wedding services?
    $ 400.00
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal?
  • What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals?
    $ 350.00
  • What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?
    Non-religious
    Ceremony Rehearsal
    Vow Renewal
    Civil Union
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate?
    Less than 30 mins.
  • In which states are you licensed?
    AZ
    VA
    WA
    WV

• 5572 ROLLING RD S Scottsville, VA, 24590 See on map
    Location of (Lisa Barnes Rogers - Officiant)