Jen Ing Photography Reviews

21 | Cambridge, MA

21 Reviews for Jen Ing Photography

Holly · Married on 04/25/2018

Jen was amazing! Not only did she stand out in the rain to capture our outdoor April wedding, the photographs look beautiful--you can't even tell that the train of my dress was soaking wet! Jen was very responsive to my many emails, and she was able to capture our small, intimate wedding exactly how we'd hoped. I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 05/10/2018

Annie · Married on 08/20/2016

Jen is AMAZING. We found her through a friend who used her for his wedding. His pictures were so stunning we knew we had to have her. My husband used her for a surprise proposal shoot and the pictures she took were breathtaking, what an amazing memory to have captured in a photograph. We used her for our wedding as well, which included an engagement shoot at no extra cost (amazing!). I was undecided about where to shoot for the engagement photos and she was so flexible with letting me take up until a week before the shoot to figure out what I wanted to do. Those pictures turned out even better than our proposal pictures. What really took the cake were our incredible wedding photos - they were better than I imagined they could be. I've gotten so many compliments on all sets of our pictures, I can't imagine having used someone else. Jen becomes more like a close friend than a photographer with her comfortable and friendly personality. My husband and I are both felt pretty awkward about posed photos but Jen made that awkwardness dissipate immediately. We are so so so happy she was able to take our photos, she will definitely be the first person we call for any future photography needs. Can't say enough good things about her!

Sent on 01/13/2017

Lee · Married on 07/02/2016

Jen was incredible. She is so kind and efficient. She made us feel comfortable in front of the camera. Jen was able to take in my comments and produce them perfectly in our photos. Her photos are natural and do not seem constructed. They are amazing. Jen is so nice to work with.

Sent on 01/05/2017

Kaela · Married on 11/14/2015

Jen Ing is an incredible find – a wonderful photographer at an extremely reasonable price. From the moment we reached out for a quote, she was always prompt, pleasant and very professional. A real strength of hers is finding ways to capture wonderful pictures in a very unobtrusive way (personally I dislike when I really notice the photographer at weddings). She was a very calm and collected force on what can turn into a very fluid and hectic day – we were continually impressed with her professionalism.

She turned the photos (both engagement and wedding) around extremely quickly and sent them to us in a very thoughtful and lovely way. The resulting photos are wonderful reminders of the wedding: she was able to capture both light-hearted moments and photos showing the emotion of the day. We had sent over a list of photos that we’d like captured and she got every single one. A high point for me was the portraits we took with her as the bride/groom and with our wedding party outside on a chilly fall day - she was able to capture such beautiful photos with a lovely backdrop and wonderful light. She’s very talented, and a wonderful person to work with. We are so pleased with our decision to have her photograph our wedding.

Sent on 06/01/2016

Jamie · Married on 10/10/2015

There are so many wedding photographers in Boston, but we somehow lucked out with Jen Ing, who was a gem to work with for both our engagement (May 2015) and wedding (October 2015) photos. We chose her because we love the clean look and documentary style of her photos. FYI - she is big in to incorporating greenery/nature in the photos, which we are also a fan of. The bonus is that she had experience photographing events at our venues and at all the popular Boston photo spots (i.e. Public Garden), and she was familiar with traditional Chinese tea ceremony, which was an important part of our wedding day.

Jen was super easy to work with, responsive, and professional. My husband and I had never been photographed professionally before. Jen made us feel very comfortable in front of the camera by giving easy-to-follow directions. Although her style is mostly candid, she also does an excellent job of shooting the necessary portraits of the couple, family, and wedding party. We have so many favorite photos and it's hard to choose which to frame and hang around the home. It was the happiest day of our lives and we're so glad we trusted Jen to capture it all through beautiful photos.

Sent on 01/06/2017

Mary · Married on 09/05/2015

Jen was our first and one of our best decisions during wedding planning. We met her through a referral from a relative whose engagement she photographed. Not only is Jen very talented, she is one of the sweetest people I know. She was there on the hot and muggy summer day for our engagement photo shoot when we walked all across Boston and she was there bright and early at 6 in the morning on our wedding day through the end of the reception. At one point, the limo door on her side flew open on the highway and she stayed calm (more calm than us anyway) through it all. There will be bumps in the road – during planning and during the big day – but we were never worried about our photographer. We were very pleased with all our wedding pictures. I love how Jen was able to capture the essence and details of our wedding day. The photos were genuine and natural. Our wedding album is a centerpiece in our new home. We loved working with Jen and we would highly recommend her to all of friends and family members.

Sent on 01/12/2017

Sent on 01/12/2017

Stephanie · Married on 07/11/2015

This review is long overdue! We just celebrated our two year anniversary and as I was fawning over our wedding pictures I realized I should pass along a review for Jen so that others can know how amazing she is and how she will help preserve amazing memories for you to enjoy for many, many years. Jen was incredibly responsive from our first inquiry and helped put my mind at ease that with all of the stress of a wedding, she had the photography taken care of and that was one thing I didn't have to worry about! She was incredibly professional and went to the location before the wedding to make sure she was familiar with the venue. When it came to the wedding day, she captured amazing portraits, but what really sticks with us to this day is her ability to capture the most special candid photographs. Our favorite photos are ones we didn't know she was taking- she has an amazing ability to move throughout the day almost unseen and capture beautiful, unstaged moments. We're so thankful we booked Jen.

Sent on 07/20/2017

L. · Married on 08/31/2014

My husband and I loved working with Jen. We felt very natural in front of her lens and she did an excellent job capturing our wedding. Jen gave us instructions on how to pose when we needed some guidance without making us look too stiff. Very punctual and responsive. Jen was very unobtrusive; we were not even aware that she was there when she captured all those special moments during our wedding day. Our wedding ended up being a feature on Style Me Pretty!!!

Sent on 07/23/2015

Ed · Married on 09/15/2012

I strongly recommend Jen if you're looking for a photo-journalistic style. She came down to Providence, RI for our wedding and did an amazing job! She was a complete joy to work with and her photo-journalistic style was exactly what we were looking for. She went about shooting our wedding while being completely unobtrusive, and yet captured so many amazing moments from the day! Jen was also quick in getting our photos to us while unnecessarily apologizing for taking so long. And most importantly, the photos were amazing!

Sent on 07/31/2015

Amy · Married on 05/08/2010

Jen was a wonderful find! Although she was a 'newer' photographer, her style and overall demeanor were incredibly profesional She was great to work with and was genuinely excited to take our engagement and wedding photos.

We were definitely looking for a photographer who wasn't obvious (I hate that feeling of the photograph taking distracting from the moment). I have no idea how Jen managed it but I really don't recall seeing her or realizing she was there through our entire wedding; clearly she was though because the shots we got were amazing.

Compared to area photopgraphers, her price blew us away; she is a great deal! I can say without a doubt the value for cost was incredible.

Overall, Jen was a delight and we were extremely happy with her photos, talents, and personality.

Sent on 10/18/2010

Jenna · Married on 05/01/2010

Jen Ing was recommended by a co-worker and came at a very reasonable price when we booked her services for our wedding this past May. We felt like we had lucked out finding someone we could afford and that took photos in the style we were looking for; relaxed, natural, and full of emotion.

Jen was very responsive to our emails and always easy to get in touch with. We met with her twice before the wedding to talk about some specific shots and the feel of what we wanted in our pictures. She showed us samples or her work and I enjoyed following her blog and seeing more and more of her work while waiting for our big day!

On May 1st, she arrived bright and early to our wedding in Portsmouth, NH. She was flexible with what we suggested, took as many formal portraits as we asked, and during the ceremony and reception, focused on capturing natural moments without staging anything artificial.

When we received the pictures a month after our wedding, all I could say was wow! She really exceeded my expectations! The pictures are full of emotion and really captured what an amazing day we had. There are so many I love, it's been hard to choose what to print and frame. I highly recommend Jen for engagement, wedding, or any photos you are looking to have done. She is responsive, sweet, talented, and very reasonably priced.

Sent on 07/01/2010

Katie · Married on 03/27/2010

Jen is great! If you love the photo-journalistic style, she's a great find at a fantastic price. She really captures moments without being the least bit invasive. Honestly, once we got to the reception, I didn't even realize she was there until she came to say goodbye when she left! :)

She was very flexible throughout the entire process regarding timing, places/locations we wanted pictures, etc -- she definitely let us have our say while at the same time infusing her artistic eye into it all. Definitely check out her blog to get a sense of how great she really is! She has a quick turn-around time for getting your pictures to you too!

Sent on 05/09/2010

grace · Married on 02/28/2010

Jen was great and the photos were gorgeous! I received so many compliments on how lovely the images turned out.
    What was really impressive about Jen was how unobtrusive she was. Most people, me included, didn't even notice she was there. I've been to many wedding where the photographer was rather militant and always in the bride and groom's faces. Jen was not like that at all. In fact, before I saw the photos, I was a little nervous she might have missed things as we really didn't notice her. But she didn't! Jen captured everything, and she captured everything with extraordinary beauty!

Sent on 05/08/2010

Kelly · Married on 08/28/2009

After searching through many, many Boston photographer blogs and websites we decided to hire Jen Ing to do our engagement session for us because I really like her style (clean, bright, stunning photos with a little bit of an edge) and she was very affordable and flexible. We were extremely happy with our decision! Jen met us at the location early on a Saturday morning for our session (which lasted almost two hours!). She was totally up for anything and had some great ideas for shots. I was on a tight deadline to get our save the dates out and Jen gave us the image CD in plenty of time. The photos turned out great, we've received loads of complements from our friends and family!

Sent on 12/11/2009

Cindy · Married on 08/15/2009

While planning my wedding, I was very, very careful about choosing when to spend money and when to skimp. A wedding is, after all, just one day, and I believe that spending more money on your wedding day will not make you happier, nor will it make your marriage better; it will just cost you more money. However, I also had family and friends flying in from across the country, and didn't want to subject them to an informal, unremarkable event. So I wanted our wedding to be as enjoyable and luxurious as possible for our guests, at the lowest possible cost to us, without seeming cheap. That being said, I am very happy that we hired Jen Ing.

Jen was an integral part of our luxury/budget-fusion wedding, and fit exactly what I was looking for. She is an extremely earnest, professional, and artistic photographer who, astoundingly, charges quite reasonable rates for the quality of her work. There are tons of "wedding photographers" in Boston, but Jen has the best mix of talent and affordability. She works hard to make a name for herself, and it shows.

The digital images we received from Jen were absolutely beautiful. The lighting in each image had been adjusted to look very natural, even though the images were taken in very different locations -- a bright hair salon, inside a dark chapel, outside the chapel in the shade or in sunlight, inside an observatory during the sunset, the dark dance floor. She took care to move us when she saw that the lighting was inadequate. She took hundreds of formal portraits of us with every single guest. I can't think of a single instant that Jen "missed" during the wedding, that I would have wanted her to capture. She took perfect photos of both the bouquet and garter tosses, with objects mid-air. She took very elegant candid photos of my grandparents. She captured unstaged, romantic moments between us; the list goes on. We were thrilled with the photos. At the end of the day, after all the beautiful memories, and all of the hard work, all you really have are the photographs, and they were worth every penny!

Sent on 11/16/2009

Anh · Married on 07/12/2009

I was introduced to Jen Ing by a friend who had previously hired Jen to shoot their engagement photos and raved about her style and skill. I was also convinced after seeing their photos and booked Jen for our engagement session. I was extremely happy with how the photos turned out. They had such bright and airy quality and perfectly captured the bond between us. The editing was just right. It added a professional touch to the photos, while still preserving their natural beauty. I think Jen has tremendous talent and is such an aspiring artist. And the price for her service is extremely affordable. I would highly recommend Jen to any couples looking for a wedding photographer (especially those on a budget).

Sent on 11/12/2009

Anna · Married on 07/11/2009

Jen Ing took our engagement photos last spring and did an INCREDIBLE job. I am usually not very comfortable in front of the camera, and I rarely like pictures of myself, but when I opened up the cd she sent us and looked at our photos for the first time I was totally blown away. It wasn't just that they were flattering, beautifully shot pictures, which they were, it was they really captured US- the way we are together at this moment in time, as we prepared to take a really important and meaningful step in our lives. It means so much to have such a beautiful keepsake from this time and we are so grateful we chose Jen to create that for us. Really, we could not love our photos more.

Sent on 11/19/2009
  • Y

Yen · Married on 06/21/2009

I was a June 2009 bride and had searched high and low for a photographer in Boston area long before that. I am (still) obsessed with wedding and
    engagement pictures that capture the moments and essence of the brides and grooms. I am always browsing photos on Oncewed, StylemePretty, as well as Jen's photo blog, and many many other wedding websites. I had to say I am
    so happy to have found Jen and did an engagement session with her in May
    before our wedding. She's so nice and fun, made the session go really well, and did I mention she's always on time? Jen gave us the pictures
    exactly after 2 weeks as promised, and we were so thrilled looking at
    them. Had we had our wedding here in Boston, we would definitely booked
    Jen for our wedding day! I also recommended Jen to a friend of mine in
    Boston area, and she was just equally happy with her own engagement
    session with Jen. I would love to recommend Jen to any bride without any
    hesitation!

Sent on 11/12/2009

Scott · Married on 06/14/2015

I like the fresh, clean look of Jen's photography--she brings in lots of light and color and life without being over-saturated or contrived. She really lets people's personalities shine through!

Sent on 07/23/2015

Richard · Married on 06/26/2010

Jen was an absolute pleasure to work with and took wonderful photos. She was organized, considerate, and incredibly nice. On the day of the wedding, I rarely noticed her -- and that's a good thing. She knew that her job was to take photos without being intrusive.

Jen's strength is definitely taking candid photos, and I do wish she were slightly more instructive when it came to the posed shots (both for the wedding and the engagement shoot). But this is a very minor complaint that can be easily fixed if you just tell her what you want. She has a great eye and gave us many amazing photos from our wedding.

And a last note - we were the first same-sex couple that Jen had worked with (I think), and I was very happy to see her comfort and ease with us, our families, and friends.

Sent on 10/21/2010