Historic John P. Furber Farm Reviews

Historic John P. Furber Farm 1
Historic John P. Furber Farm 2
Historic John P. Furber Farm 3
Historic John P. Furber Farm 4

This venue was a dream. The barn is beautiful inside and out (and this is coming from a bride who said "No Barns!!!" when looking for venues). The architecture is incredible and Angi & Wayne have done such a great job with every little detail of this place. The venue aside, both Angi & Wayne were amazing to work with. They went above and beyond and were so kind in the process (actually, we liked them so much that we even said they should come to the wedding as guests!). I have only great things to say about this spot – acoustics are amazing and it photographs beautifully too! I HIGHLY recommend this venue and will continue to tell everyone I know how awesome it is.

Sent on 03/02/2016

Angie · Married on 09/02/2018

I had really wanted a barn venue for my wedding, after touring a few others that were just OK, we toured the Historic John P. Furber Farm and it completely blew us away. It is absolutely beautiful! We got many compliments from our guests about how nice and beautiful the venue was. The bridal suite is absolutely amazing! I had 9 girls in my wedding party and all of us and my mom and husband's mom had plenty of room to get ready for the day! It was so fun to be able to have our hair and makeup done on site and not have to worry about shuffling from one place to another. Angi and Wayne were great to work with and answered all my questions very promptly. I would highly recommend this venue for anyone looking for a rustic beautiful wedding venue that has everything you could want, including a beautiful outdoor ceremony site!

Sent on 09/29/2018

Historic John P. Furber Farm's reply:

Thank you very much Angie!

Christine · Married on 08/31/2018

Historic John P. Furber farm was everything we wanted in a venue and more! We knew we wanted a rustic feel to our wedding but also had a strict budget to stay under. This was the first and only venue we looked at and left knowing 100% we wanted to book it! We had no desire to even look at other venues, that's how in love with it we were! Not only is the main room absolutely beautiful, but the groom's room and bridal suite are incredible! I love the fact that Angi said her husband made and designed a lot of the things in each room. It just brought a more "home" feel to everything! We also loved the huge grass area where we could have yard games, the large amount of parking spots, AND the kids room. Being a teacher, I wanted to make sure I had kids at my wedding but I also wanted kids to feel welcome! The kids room was the cherry on top of the cake! There is a whole room just for kids to hang out in! Another thing is that because of the beauty of the barn, we didn't need to do too much decorating! The barn itself is beautiful and we really only hung up some lights and did table settings. I would 100% recommend this venue to anyone! I feel like most people who book barns are into the "country" feel of it. But we loved using this venue to meet our rustic bohemian theme! It was perfect!

Sent on 10/02/2018

Historic John P. Furber Farm's reply:

Thank you very much Christine! We loved having your celebration at our barn!

Kaylee · Married on 07/07/2018

After touring about 15 different wedding venues before choosing the John P. Furber Farm for our wedding, I can honestly say it was hands down the best decision we made! Our wedding day was absolutely perfect, and we received SO MANY compliments on our venue! Angi was a wonderful contact person and helped us find the best vendors to help make our day extra special. The bridal suite was a DREAM, and we appreciated being able to bring in our own food for breakfast and lunch, so we didn’t have to leave the farm at all. Our non-dancing guests loved the outdoor yard game options that we offered on the gorgeous front lawn, and the kids really enjoyed the pinball machine! The Furber Farm truly has it all! I would absolutely recommend this venue to anyone looking for a unique, gorgeous, memorable venue for your big day!

Sent on 08/11/2018

Historic John P. Furber Farm's reply:

Thank you very much Kaylee! A beautiful day for a beautiful wedding! Congratulations to Christopher and you!

Jenn · Married on 06/10/2017

The John P Furber Farm does not disappoint! This venue is beyond gorgeous and the owners are amazing to work with, they were responsive and professional and worked with us on the details that we needed. My guests still continuously compliment the venue. We had about 200 people and there was so much room for people to mingle and enjoy the day. The Bridal quite was the perfect set up, we had three hair stylists and a make-up artist on site, and there was still plenty of room for people to hang out. The ceremony site was everything we needed, plenty of room for guests and everyone could see what was happening. I would recommend this venue to anyone looking for a rustic elegant wedding!

Sent on 08/11/2017

Jane · Married on 03/11/2017

My husband and I were guests at my friend’s son’s wedding here on March 11, 2017. The barn has many beautiful chandeliers, very long infrared heating lamps in the ceiling (important for a March wedding!), ceiling fans, and re-used plank board tables. The detail and craftsmanship of the barn itself is amazing to behold and we could see it needed almost no frill or decoration to be wedding-worthy. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for a rustic and charming barn theme to make for a memorable wedding.

Sent on 03/12/2017

The Furber Farm was the backdrop for our daughters wedding and reception. We went a bit off the norm with a Sunday morning wedding and reception brunch. It was a flawless experience. Sunday and brunch made it a bit more affordable. The bride wanted something more layed back and family oriented. We had a beautiful May spring morning event, complete with yard games, mimosas, and dancing. To stay within budget, we did do our own flowers, and table decorations. Our officiant was a family member, and we had family sing during the wedding ceremony. As far as flexibility: you are required to use a specific caterer for meal and bar option. For us it worked out fine. The day wrapped up mid- afternoon and we would not have changed a thing.

Sent on 05/24/2016

Kayla · Married on 05/30/2016

This venue was perfect for our wedding! We LOVED working with the owners, and fell more and more in love with the venue as the big day approached. Everything was beautiful and all of our questions, ideas, and concerns were met with great responsiveness. I had always wanted an outdoor wedding, but my dad said it was too dangerous because of the unpredictable MN weather. This venue allowed for us to have the outdoor ceremony with a backup indoor option in case of poor weather. If I went back and did it all over again I would definitely do it again at John P. Furber Farm!

Sent on 06/10/2016

amanda · Married on 09/18/2016

Absolutely loved our venue for a rustic barn wedding with some modern flares. The barn decor inside made it so simple to decorate and keep costs within our budget. We had a shorter engagement, and planned our absolute dream wedding in 4 months, I couldn't have asked for more!

Sent on 12/08/2016

3.0

The John P. Furber Farm is AMAZING! We would not have changed anything about our wedding. The venue is very spacious for our wedding of 220 and is very well decorated such that it doesn't require that much effort to make it look beautiful. The owners were willing to work with us on how we wanted the table layout set up. While there were a few things they preferred not to do (i.e. moving benches, upstairs tables) at the end of the day, and in hindsight, those details were not overly relevant. The backyard ceremony site has beautiful scenery, and with a little personal touch, it turned out 10 times better then I ever imagined. This place is worth every penny, and we have receiving nothing but raving reviews and compliments on the venue.

Sent on 05/06/2016

Thank you very, very much for the wonderful review! Angi & Wayne

Kelsey · Married on 08/18/2018

3.6
      3.5

Overall, we were very happy with our wedding at the John P. Furber Farm. They are a newer wedding venue so I think they're growing and evolving. I didn't love how limited the catering options were or that there's only one DJ option but perhaps they'll modify this in the future. In retrospect, I also think the price we paid was more than the value. There were also a few surprises the week before the wedding but nothing that could ruin our day. I'm excited to see how this venue evolves.

Sent on 09/12/2018
  • F

Frank · Married on 06/10/2017

1.2
      2.5
      2.5
      0.5

I must say that the Furber Farm is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been to for a reception, the DJ was GREAT and the food and Caterer were GREAT as well!
    Problem is, that’s where it ends. As the father of the bride, my time there literally ended when Angi the owner, slammed a door in my face! Which finished off a night of mounting frustrations and disappointments with the management and the way they treated my friends, family and even the people paying the bill. And just in case you are not aware of who these people are they are…your customers. I have worked in the hospitality, customer service and sales industries for over 30yrs and I have never seen or met any service provider who was less professional. Lacking in communication skills and when there was communication it was delivered in such a rude, condescending and inconsiderate manner. If I know anything, I know this…the sale does not end with the PO, invoice or signing of a contract and that at that time I must step up and deliver to the level expected and with an even higher level of professionalism because at that point the customer has not only bought into what I am selling but they have bought into me and my word. This is always the case unless you do not wish to work with that customer ever again? Which sadly, will be the case here and not only with my immediate family but with the 100’s of guests that were present and witnessed it which in the long run will translate to 1000’s of people who will know where NOT to have their wedding or reception.
    In hind sight, all that glitters is not gold! We would have definitely chosen a much less flashy venue to be served properly and treated with respect!

Sent on 06/13/2017