Hair and Makeup by Sarah Reviews

55 | Scottsdale, AZ

55 Reviews for Hair and Makeup by Sarah

Ashley · Married on 02/13/2015

Trying to find someone to do my hair and makeup for my big day felt impossible. It is hard to tell how great a person is by only looking at some photos. Luckily, thankfully, a coworker of mine led me to Sarah. She was patient with me as I changed my mind on what I wanted multiple times, quick to communicate, and extremely kind and personable. After meeting her for the first time for my preview. (which you totally need to do if you are questioning it!) we talked like we had been friends for years. She is an amazing artist and made me feel so very comfortable. She came on time on my big day and joined in on the fun with my bridesmaids and I, making the morning of my wedding truly enjoyable. Plus, I felt and looked beautiful. I am so very grateful that I came across Sarah and that she was available for my special day.

Sent on 03/24/2015

Sarah responded quickly to a last minute request for hair & makeup for my wedding day, and I was SO grateful that she did! She did a wonderful job, on top of being thorough, punctual and willing to try a ton of ideas to make sure I had just the look I'd envisioned. I've already referred her twice, and my photographer asked me for her info to pass on as well. A total pro- worth every penny!

Sent on 01/23/2015

Kate · Married on 10/26/2014

Sarah did my hair and airbrush makeup for my wedding. She did a wonderful job, and she has a great personality! She was supportive, funny and genuine. I highly recommend her services. She was more expensive than some of the other hair/makeup vendors I researched, but I am so glad I chose her. She is worth the price.

Sent on 09/25/2015

I had such a great experience with Sarah. She came to my house to get an idea of what I wanted my hair to look like for the wedding which was super helpful so we could adjust anything for the wedding. On the day of she was early and had both my hair and my bridal party's hair done before schedule. She was able to mimic pictures my bridesmaids had provided and did a phenomenal job on my hair. I was very happy with the turnout and I know my bridesmaids were very pleased as well! Highly recommend!

Sent on 09/18/2015

Jasmine · Married on 10/09/2014

I am SO blessed that I found Sarah and her assistant to be my wedding glam squad. I felt beautiful and sexy and perfect on my wedding day. My makeup didn't melt or run which is HUGE when having an AZ outdoor wedding. She listened to my ideas and made sure I was 100% happy with how I looked. Every time I look at my wedding pictures I fall in love with her talents. She will make you feel SO comfortable that it's like having a sister in the room with you. You would be the luckiest girl all over again to have her team as your glam squad on your big day!

Sent on 10/13/2015

Jennifer · Married on 09/30/2014

Sarah did a wonderful job with my hair and makeup for my wedding. It was exactly how I wanted it to be and it stayed perfect for the entire night. I highly recommend Sarah!!! You can't go wrong with her!

Sent on 10/29/2015

Sarah was professional, on time (early in fact), very helpful,and to put it simply... amazing! I did not have a trial for hair and make up yet, not once was I worried. I looked at all of her photos on her website/read reviews and knew I was in good hands. She emailed me prior to my wedding day with all the details and recapping the style/look I had envisioned.

The day of the wedding, when she arrived she was set up and ready to go ahead of schedule. We recapped the look I wanted and she truly listed to what I wanted.

She kept my calm while she was doing my hair and make up as there was a lot going on (11 bridesmaids!!) and the best part was I was able to enjoy the time getting ready and it was not stressful.

She curled my hair and let it set, while starting my airbrush makeup. It was my first time with airbrush, and I wanted a natural/"less is more look" but would still photograph and stay on, and that is what I got and so much more than I pictured in my head. I am SO SO happy I went with airbrush make up as it stayed on all day and was flawless. I wore my hair down with curls and the curls lasted all day well despite dancing!!

I would recommend Sarah to all of my closest friends and family (and I already have :) )!

Sent on 09/29/2014

Lindsey · Married on 05/31/2014

Sarah did a fantastic job on my hair and makeup for my wedding day! She also did a great job on my bridesmaids. I was very worried about finding someone to do my hair for my wedding day, but after my trial with Sarah I was put at ease. She did a remarkable job putting together my hair exactly the way I wanted from a photo I showed her. Also, the hair and makeup held up very well after hours in the Arizona heat so all my pictures turned out great. She is so nice and friendly, it really made it all an enjoyable experience! I would completely recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 08/18/2014

Charlotte · Married on 05/17/2014

Sarah is the only artist I would recommend to any bride, or anyone looking to get fancy for a night. She was punctual, stayed on schedule and made my wedding day much less stressful! She did hair and makeup for myself, six bridesmaids, a flower girl, a cousin, my mother and grandmother! On my wedding day I never felt more beautiful. Our makeup stayed flawless all night, as did our hair. She is passionate about what she does and is an overall great person.

Sent on 09/02/2014

Sarah is everything you could ever wish for! Her artistry is unparalleled, amazing customer service, great time management, and so personable. I couldn't have asked for more and felt just gorgeous on my special day!!!

Sent on 08/18/2014

Amanda · Married on 04/12/2014

Sarah is amazing. Seriously amazing, I cannot say that enough. I found her on the Knot and I reached out to her on doing my hair and makeup on my big day: she responded to me within a matter of minutes. She did both my hair and makeup, as well as the rest of my bridal party for my big day and everyone looked STUNNING. Michele was there to do hair as she too pulled off some beautiful looks (my mom in particular couldn't have been more thrilled with her hair:)) We had so many compliments! She was able to help each one of us get to a look that we loved: what I appreciated most about her is that she really takes the time to listen, but also make suggestions as well. She is so sweet and accommodating and a truly talented hair and makeup artist--if you want to look perfect on your big day you def want to work with Sarah!!

Sent on 04/24/2014

Carissa · Married on 03/28/2014

When I needed professional services for hair and makeup for my sisters wedding I went to Hair and Makeup by Sarah because I knew I would get exactly the look I was trying to achieve. Sarah runs a clean, professional business and her customer service is out of this world!
    She is efficient, precise and very friendly. She will go over the looks you want and answer all your questions at the beginning of your appointment to help you accomplish the look you want for your special day.
    I was so excited and pleased with my hair and makeup by Sarah and received so many compliments at my sisters wedding. I would highly recommend Hair and Makeup by Sarah for all of your hair and makeup needs!

julie · Married on 03/15/2014

Sarah was amazing to work to with throughout the entire wedding planning process and my bid day!! My hair came out absolutely gorgeous and so did all my bridesmaids. I had two different hair styles (one for the wedding and one for the reception) and the Sarah made the transition seamless and breathtaking! I would hands down recommend her to anyone. Thanks Sarah!!

Sharon · Married on 03/15/2014

AWESOME WORK! Sarah went above and beyond our expectation.

Sent on 08/16/2014

She's so flexible and open to all suggestion!

jean · event on: 12/29/2013

Sarah was fabulous always very polite and nice and very talented we love our hair and makeup she done us for several event and we was very pleased and we are booking several events this year.

Sent on 08/24/2014

meghan · Married on 12/27/2013

Sarah is a true artist--she truly transformed me into my most beautiful for my wedding. My hair was magazine worthy after she got done with it! I highly recommend her for your wedding; her work is truly professional caliber. She is also great and easy to communicate with and very flexible. Her co-worker also does amazing work. My friend has very thin hair and she was able to style it to look full and amazing.

Sent on 08/16/2014

Sarah did an amazing job. She is so talented! I gave her an idea what I wanted and she knew exactly what to do. I received so many compliments! My maid of honor booked with her for her wedding in 2015!

Tammy · Married on 12/15/2012

Sarah did an incredible job on mine and my daughter's hair and make-up for her wedding day! We received endless compliments from our guests and family. I highly recommend Sarah for any of your upcoming life events <3 Sarah is super talented, flexible, and incredibly sweet :)

Sent on 09/25/2013

Nikki · Married on 12/15/2012

Sarah was absolutely wonderful. She listened to every detail I gave to her about my expectations for hair and makeup on my wedding day. Due to a ridiculous rainstorm the morning of my appointment, I was running a little late and she finished my appointment in record time with absolutely no signs of being rushed. I had a very short hairstyle and she clipped extensions in and literally wove them into the style. My makeup was done by airbrush, which I had never gotten done before. It stayed on the ENTIRE wedding amongst my crying and sweating (haha). I had forgotten my very favorite MAC lipstick that I was so excited to wear and she quickly recreated the color using her own collection of lipsticks. I was so impressed by her creativity and professionalism. I have also gotten my hair cut and styled with Sarah, which was also a great experience. Her attention to detail is amazing.
    I would highly recommend booking any service with Sarah for your event or hair needs.

Sent on 09/29/2013

Katie · Married on 06/16/2012

Sarah is friendly and easy to work with. She has great ideas but will listen to yours! I met with her a few times before the wedding to get my hair cut/color and we did one run through. The day of he wedding hair and makeup was fun with no drama and the results were amazing! She would still be my stylist if she didn't move! Check her out!

Sent on 09/10/2013

Shauneen · Married on 05/27/2012

I have never been so pleased with a hair dresser or makeup artist. My hair was timeless (and flawless) for my wedding and I couldn't be happier with Sarah's services. I am a former studio makeup artist so I am VERY picky when I have someone else do my makeup -- she was AMAZING. I wish this review allowed for pictures....
    If you go with Sarah, you will be a very happy bride!

Sent on 09/10/2013
  • Monica

Monica · Married on 03/10/2012

Sarah was a doll to work with! She is friendly and has a creative personality.
    I have very curly long hair and had no clue what to do with it. I had seen Sarah's work before and she has done some beautiful up-dos. I wanted something down and long, but out of my face and easy to wear all night. She helped me look amazing with half of my hair up & long in the back. I felt like a Grecian Goddess.
    I wanted a very natural look with my make up (my groom doesn’t care much for makeup on me) and to still look radiant in my photos. She did just that! The airbrushing lasted all day and looked great, I couldn’t tell I had a few individual eyelashes on and she did an equally wonderful job on my bridal party.
    I still get my regular haircuts from her today and recommend her to all my girlfriends getting married.

Sent on 05/09/2012

Sarah did a beautiful job on my daughter for her wedding. She is so talented that we all just sat back, drank mimosas, and watched her do her magic!

Sent on 09/11/2013

Joe · Married on 08/08/2010

Sarah Monachos did an excellent job at accentuating the look of my bride. I could not have been a prouder man. To see her walking towards me on that day was so exciting, I would like to thank and commend Sarah for her work on our special day!

Sent on 09/24/2013