Great Beginnings Events Reviews

22 | Boston, MA

22 Reviews for Great Beginnings Events

carolann · Married on 07/12/2014

Excellent job! The day went off without a hitch - perfect wedding

Sent on 07/25/2014

Melinda · Married on 07/20/2013

Karen Hyde was AMAZING!!! She was helpful, insightful and completely professional but still felt like one of the family! There is no way in the world I could thank her enough for all the hard work and kindness she put into my wedding!

Sent on 07/30/2013

Great Beginnings Events's reply:

Melinda... it was an honor! Wishing you, Steve,(and Caleb) a lifetime of love and happiness!

Beth · Married on 05/26/2013

Great Beginnings Events provided amazing service for our wedding. We were extremely happy with GBE! From our first meeting, my wife and I knew that GBE was the perfect fit for our special day. We were able to meet at any time to discuss ideas and to meet with vendors. GBE responded immediately with answers or suggestions to help us through the planning process. Our day would not have been as spectacular without the hard work and dedication from GBE. Can't say thanks enough. Worth every penny!

Sent on 06/24/2013

Great Beginnings Events's reply:

Beth and Carrie... what an honor to be a part of your wedding. Even better, now I have two new friends!
  • User3154834 · event on 03/23/2013

Great Beginnings put together an 80th birthday celebration for a member of our family. The event turned out great! The venue worked well for the event, the entertainment appealed to a wide range, and the food was delicious. The theme was carried through nicely with souvenirs that we would have never thought of. People from all ages attended and everyone had a great time!

Sent on 03/25/2013

Jillian · event on 03/23/2013

Had such a great time!!!! The food and music were great! It was a great theme! The entertainer did a great job! Would love to use again!

Sent on 03/25/2013

Genine · event on 03/23/2013

My mother's 80th birthday party was a huge success! Eveything fell into place perfectly. I didn't have a worry at all. Karen put me at ease. Everyone had such a wonderful time! It was great to have so many family members together in such a long time! Karen also helped arrange for life long friends of Mom and our family to come from a distance of Oregon and Virginia that was also a wonderful surprise for Mom! I will be calling on Karen to plan my Mom's 85th birthday and any other events I have in the future!

Sent on 03/26/2013

JennieDee · Married on 09/29/2012

Working with Karen on Paul & Dayna's wedding was amazing! She is highly professional and has such an amazing attention to detail. As a wedding designer, I would highly recommend Great Beginnings Events to my clients! - JD Designs

Sent on 01/03/2013

Great Beginnings Events's reply:

Jennie Dee, I could not have done it without your assistance. Thank you for your professional help!

dayna · Married on 09/22/2012

Karen was amazing!! Paul and I never could have done it without her!

Sent on 11/07/2012

Great Beginnings Events's reply:

You and Paul are a beautiful couple, we were honored to be a part of your day!

Emily · Married on 05/12/2012

Karen and her team really went the extra mile for me and my family - we could not be happier with her level of dedication, professionalism, and calm when I got nervous or anxious about something. Would recommend to anyone, especially other out-of-town brides!

Sent on 05/20/2012

Ray · Married on 05/12/2012

The first thing to remember about a wedding planner is that you do not want to worry about how your ceremony and reception are going while they are happening. You want to be able to float along and enjoy the experience. I believe that most families are happy that they hired a planner to assist them; we certainly were.

The second thing to remember is that you are the best judge of what you want in a wedding. You do not need someone to tell you what you should want, or what "all my brides" do. You need someone who will listen to you, and then make sure that what you want is what happens. Karen Hyde of Great Beginnings Events was exactly what we needed.

Karen is a perfect combination of professionalism and charm. She thought of everything, took charge of every detail and allowed our rather complicated timeline to work. The most important compliment I can give her is that the whole day flowed effortlessly. She managed our assortment of vendors with patience, skill and a delightful smile! Everyone had a magnificent time, and Karen was an important reason for the day's success.

She has our highest recommendation!

Sent on 06/02/2012

Ruth · Married on 09/10/2011

Karen Hyde at Great Beginnings Events was so wonderful in creating a wonderful champagne reception for our wedding. Her planning expertise and attention to details enabled us to relax and enjoy our day. We didn't have to think about anything other than each other and our guests. We would not have had such a wonderful wedding day if it had not been for her. I look forward to working with Karen and Great Beginnings Events for the planning of my step-daughter's wedding next year.

Sent on 10/07/2011

Jose · Married on 09/04/2011

We first met with Karen and Debi when we were initially planning a wedding at our home. Despite the logistical limitations of a wedding on our property, they were both incredibly enthusiastic yet realistic. Once we realized that a home wedding was not the way to go, we shifted gears and ultimately made the decision to have it at the beautiful and historic Highfield Hall in Falmouth. Karen was thrilled with the decision and felt that it was a venue that truly reflected our personality and style.

Since we wanted to do all of the planning ourselves, we decided to hire GBE to coordinate on the wedding day only, allowing us, along with our family and friends, to focus just on enjoying ourselves. Although their services were primarily for the wedding day, GBE really went above and beyond and was quite helpful for many months before the big day. Karen was always available by email or phone to answer any questions, offer advice, and provide vendor referrals... all with infectious enthusiasm!

Not only was she helpful by email and phone, on at least two occasions she met at our venue with us and some of our vendors to discuss and further refine our plans. She even met with several of our vendors on her own in order to introduce herself and outline our objectives. In addition, when we were in need of having our small cake and pastries delivered, she even took care of that so we wouldn't have to ask a family member to do it. All these additional touches, and others, certainly went above and beyond what we had expected and hired them to do.

Finally, on the day of the wedding, Karen and Debi were there early to oversee and tend to all of the setup. In fact, when we had a bit of a "cake malfunction", Karen immediately took control of the situation and worked on resolving the issue as best as possible. Throughout our wedding day, we were able to relax knowing that Karen and Debi were there to be our eyes and ears. Their attentive and friendly attitudes kept us and our families organized so that we knew where to be and when, allowing us to leave those worries behind. In addition, after we returned from our honeymoon, Karen even came to our home to return any items that she had held for us since the wedding.
    Our wedding day was one of the most wonderful and memorable days of our life, and letting GBE oversee and coordinate all of the many details of the day truly allowed us, along with our family and friends, to simply relax and enjoy ourselves.

Hiring a wedding coordinator was by far one of the best decisions we made and we're thrilled that Great Beginnings Events was by our side the entire time... they truly went above and beyond our expectations!

Sent on 02/20/2012
  • W

Abby · Married on 05/22/2011

My husband and I live in Texas, though we planned to marry in Massachusetts (where I'm originally from). I knew my mother and I would need a wedding planner to ensure that the wedding day ran smoothly, and the folks at GBE did just that and more. They guided us through the planning process, gave us some really great ideas, introduced us to some amazing vendors, and essentially made my wedding dreams a reality. Karen and her team were so enthusiastic about the wedding and excited about helping us weave our tastes into a classy affair for all of our friends and family. Working with GBE was truly a joy.

Sent on 05/31/2011

Maura · Married on 04/02/2011

Karen Hyde of Great Beginning Events did an outstanding job of putting together "Comedy Night to Benefit Wings of Falmouth Families" It was a pleasure to work with her, she is extremely professional and courteous. She has excellent attention to detail and made the event and event preparation enjoyable and extremely successful. I wll recommend Great Beginnings Events and look forward to working with her again.

Sent on 05/09/2011

Julene · Married on 12/12/2009

Excellent,and the band was amazing!!!
    Great Beginnings Events did a super job, would highly recommend for ANY event!

Sent on 02/22/2010

Debbie · Married on 09/09/2009

Karen- From beginning to end, "Great Beginnings Events," fullfilled every girlhood dream I ever had of my wedding. Organizung the travel and hotel accommodations for 53 people to St. Thomas was just the beginning. The rehearsal dinner, the ceremony on the beach, to the reception and the dancning afterwards..was unforgettable! Thank you so very much!
    Mr. & Mrs C. Rodriquez

Sent on 01/22/2010

Caitlin · Married on 05/19/2009

I had the pleasure of being a bridesmaid for a dear friend of mine, and Karen Hyde, of Great Beginnings Events planned the entire wedding. I have had the opportunity of traveling and experiencing life as it comes. I can honestly say that the wedding Karen planned from right after the engagement to seeing the bride and groom leave for their gorgeous honeymoon, was nothing short of amazing! It was more than just an event, it was something that anyone who attended this magnificennt ceremony will never forget! If you want to make sure that a day in your life is unforgettable, consider GBE to make you, your closest friends and family's dreams come true!
    Caitlin Mauldin

Sent on 06/04/2010

Janet · Married on 05/24/2008

This event was planned to the smallest detail. Everything was planned in advance, there was nothing left to think about. The guest had a wonderful evening and I completely enjoyed the evening. It was an evening to remember. Thank You Great Beginnings Events!!! Janet

Sent on 11/05/2010

Tiffany · Married on 05/19/2008

Our wedding was so beautiful, thanks to Karen Hyde's hard work! The hotel accommodations, the trolley our guest used for transportation, the gift baskets, arranging the rehersal dinner,working with the caterer, to the historic train station (the one used in "Leatherheads"), everything was perfect! Great Beginnings Events, removed the stress, and Josh and I now share a beautiful memory of a dream wedding! GBE made it all seem effortless.. thank you, thank you, thank you!
    Mrs. J. Goodman

Sent on 04/06/2010

Lynn · Married on 10/23/2004

My engagement party still brings a smile to my face...the city, the ocean, big tent, great food, fun coctails, and the BEST reggae band, ever! Oh, the bonus fireworks to top it all off... It was GREAT!! Thank you, Karen Hyde.

L. Steinman-Mahnfeldt

Sent on 01/15/2010

Dianne · Married on 10/23/2004

Relax and let them take over. You can show up rested and ready to party.

Sent on 02/22/2011

Brian · Married on 05/12/2012

3.5

lights flowers attitude speed quality everything was right on point I really enjoyed the dancing too ha great time

Sent on 05/14/2012