Gourmet Invitations Reviews

24 | Macomb, MI

24 Reviews for Gourmet Invitations

Kelsey · Married on 09/22/2018

Tifany did a beautiful job on our invitations. We asked for a nature scene, and she suggested a watercolor of one of our own photos. It was done perfectly, and she asked for approval on proofs with every step offering her own opinion. I am not completely familiar with formal addressing, but Tifany has a great guide to go with the addressing spreadsheet that was super helpful. She is quick with her work, and she really does a beautiful job.

Sent on 10/09/2018

Aurelia · Married on 06/18/2016

I actually can't recommend Tifany enough, she is absolutely wonderful. Take a peek at her website, if that isn't enough to persuade you she can make anything you have in mind, if you have the dream this lady can create it. I am an extremely pernickety (nightmare) customer, Tifany was endlessly patient with me and not only that, she was just as excited by my crazy, out-there, ideas as I was. She has already made our Save the Dates and I couldn't even dream of going to anyone else for our Invitations. I've recommended her to all of my engaged friends already.

Invitations - I just had to add on a note after Tifany made our invitations.....oh my GOODNESS they are so amazing I can't even tell you!!!!!!! 3 of our guests have already commented they're the most beautiful invitations they've ever seen, seriously go to Tifany she's literally a stationery genius!!

Sent on 07/13/2015

Kierra · Married on 06/18/2016

Tifany is great! She's super helpful and creative. She created such a fun and cute invitation for our wedding after we showed her some invites that we liked. She was flexible and I can't wait to work with her again for our paper items for the wedding!

Sent on 04/20/2016

Tifany is one of the most talented and creative people I have ever met. We conducted 100% of our business by e-mail, which made me a little nervous at first but ended up being extremely convenient and straightforward -- our stationary was exquisite and custom made to our tastes. Tifany was efficient, flexible, professional and responded to all of my e-mails immediately during business hours, which made her much more accessible than she would have been if we had to set up meetings. Although you do pay a little more for Gourmet Invitations as opposed to ordering pre-made sets online, the stationary really sets the stage before, during and after your special day and is worth every penny with Gourmet Invitations.

Sent on 02/01/2014

Erika · Married on 02/24/2013

I cannot rave enough about Gourmet Invitations and Tifany! She made my dreams literally come true with the gorgeous custom inviations she made for us. She worked diligently with me until we designed the exact invitation I wanted, but she didn't stop there. Gourmet Invitations can make ANYTHING you need or want for your wedding day, and it was those personal touches that impressed me so much.

Tifany designed all our paper products for the wedding and they turned out perfectly, but not only that, Gourmet Inviations custom designed door hangers, beach bags with the same decoration as our invitations, and even sunscreen labels for our destination wedding. Everything came together perfectly and I will definitely be using them again for my next function!

And the best part...TIFANY IS AMAZINGLY personable, incredibly fun to work with, amazingly talented, and an absolute joy getting to know.

Sent on 06/18/2013

Janelle · Married on 07/27/2012

Tifany Is the best invitation maker in the whole wide world!! lol Gourmet Invitations truly captured the essence of what I was looking for, setting the tone for my Wedding! I provided Tifany with my vision for my wedding as some pictures and she created a masterpiece! I received so many Phone calls once guest received the invitations about how fabulous they were! The communication between Gourmet Invitations and myself was great! There were no questions unanswered and all emails were responded to very promptly. Tifany made sure I was aware of everything going on and included me in on her designing process. Gourmet Invitations Also created Place cards for the guest that were inline with the invitations as well as Valet Tags. The Valet Tags were a hit with the guest when they saw them in their cars after the reception! If you are looking for that truly special invitation that will stand above the rest, go with Gourmet Invitations, you will not be disappointed! We absolutely LOVED everything!!!!

Sent on 09/26/2012

Amber · Married on 05/12/2012

Let me tell you, if you can dream it, Tifany can do it. She is a MASTER in the art of paper. I really wanted some beautiful invitations to really help set the theme of our wedding and happened to find her online. Since I live in Texas and she's in Michigan, we did everything via email. She is INCREDIBLY fast to respond and is super quick and easy to work with. Everything she touched we received compliments on. I can't thank her enough for all of her hard work and if you want something outside a boring, standard wedding invite or need signs for a candy buffet or custom stamps, go see her!

Sent on 06/22/2012

Kristin · Married on 03/24/2012

Invitations and more!! Tifany at Gourmet Invitations does AMAZING work!! I can not tell you how many people were complimenting her work. Tifany has many unique ideas and I loved that!! Gourmet invitations did my invitations, menus, table numbers, programs, placecards, thank you's, etc. All of these items turned out amazing!! I am very happy I chose Gourmet Invitations for all our wedding needs.

Sent on 04/11/2012

Rachel · Married on 08/02/2009

Tifany is amazing! She was very patient and helpful with making our invitations what we had envisioned. We received many compliments on the invitations, table numbers, and seating chart. Everything was beautiful and well made. Highly recommended!

Sent on 03/13/2010

Sara · Married on 07/25/2009

Tifany is fantastic! I ordered my wedding, bachelorette party, and rehearsal dinner invites all through Gourmet Invitations. Tifany even came through at the last minute and designed and printed all the ceremony and reception paper products including programs, photo booth envelopes, water bottle labels, and many custom signs. Every single piece was beautiful!

Sent on 10/06/2009

Jaclyn · Married on 10/04/2008

Do I need to say anything? Seriously, the invitations and all our extras just lent such an air of sophistication and beauty to our wedding that no ordinary paper products could. We got constant comments after the invites went out about how unique they were. Our programs, seating chart, and table numbers continued the theme and made our wedding consistent. Not to mention, Tifany was soooo easy to deal with. Just made the whole process real and smooth. Loved her. I tried to order Thank You notes from online to save some money. They showed up and was so disappointed in the quality, I couldn't possibly send them out after all the beautiful paper products Tifany had given us. She spoiled me. So, I got a refund on the online order, called Tifany, and paid a little extra to have her do the perfect Thank You card. We even got compliments on those too! You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 02/05/2009

Anne · Married on 07/12/2008

Tifany is AMAZING. Not only was she the fastest responder – EVER, but she does just amazing work. She custom designed our invitations, placecards, menus, and ceremony program. She was always able to work within our budget and came up with such fantastic ideas to fit our theme. We received a lot of compliments on our invitations and we both felt like it really helped set the tone for the day!

Sent on 10/14/2008

Nichole · Married on 05/10/2008

Tifany did a large seating chart for me and it was beautiful! Everyone commented how nice it was versus having the individual cards at the tables. Plus, its something to hang in the basement for memories. If I would have had the budget, I would have used Tifany for all my paper products! Shes amazing.

Sent on 06/09/2008

Katie · Married on 01/26/2008

Tifany was exceptional to work with. We weren't sure what we wanted, but she figured it out for us. We received many compliments on the invitations and they really set the tone for our wedding.

Sent on 03/16/2008

Corrie · Married on 08/17/2007

Tifany is amazing! Our wedding invitations were absolutely gorgeous and we got so many compliments on them. Definitely better than the "cookie cutter" invites in all of the catalogs and much easier than trying to create custom invites on your own!

Sent on 09/09/2008

Christen · Married on 07/31/2010

It is obviously the Tifany loves what she is doing - it shows through her unique and beautiful work. I found Tifany while searching for the perfect Chicago-style wedding invitation. Low and behold Tifany is nearly an expert at creating skyline invites that will set the mood for a destination wedding. Tifany is open to suggestions and creative input and when we finally got the invitation to where I deemed it perfect - I felt that Tifany really understood and produced the vision that I had. You don't get that with most invitation design companies. Thanks again Tifany.

Sent on 09/07/2010
  • Tammi

Tammie · Married on 11/14/2009

Tifany was great to work with and she definitely worked hard to make my vision come to fruition. I truly admire her creativity! If you want something original then she is definitely the person who you want work with. It was a pleasure!

Sent on 12/08/2009

Lindsey · Married on 09/05/2009

Tifany custom designed our invitations, programs, menus and more! Everything looked exactly the way we wanted it.

Some of the invitations came damaged from the printer - but she replaced them at no charge.

Awesome!!

Sent on 09/29/2009

Christina · Married on 01/03/2009

Tiffany was the only vendor I knew from the moment I was engaged that I HAD to work with. Her work is truely inspirational and gourmet. She has an impecable work ethic, responding almost immediatly after an email is sent. She stays true to her artistic ability all while meeting your ever vison (even when you don't really know what you want). She is a true talent, and an amazing professional. She will never disappoint, and is more than willing to work with any budget.

Sent on 01/07/2009

Lindsay · Married on 05/24/2008

What can I say that hasn’t already been said? Tifany is so talented and so great to work with. She always responds to emails within a few hours and is always so receptive to ideas, criticisms, etc. I loved loved loved all of our paper products (invites, seating chart, memory candle, and table numbers). We only had one small issue at the end of the shade with the fuschia color not being correct on our seating chart, and then the fonts also got messed up on the chart, so she had to re-do it anyway. But she fixed it and made it correct (for free obviously) and was great about making sure we were happy with the final product. Like she said to me, people make mistakes, but what really matters is how they fix them and make it right. I love her!

Sent on 12/03/2008

meret · Married on 05/02/2009

Tifany was wonderful to work with. She responds faster than anyone and is very professional. Most importantly, her work is amazing. We absolutely loved our invitations and reception extras. Our guests are still talking about them. I can't wait to use Gourmet Invitations again.

Sent on 05/31/2009

Molly · Married on 08/02/2008

Ok, really, if you don't know by now, Tifany is pretty much a goddess! I seriously will miss collaborating with her, but have already told her to plan on doing lots of birthday invitations and any other paper thing I can think of! I highly recommend contacting her if you are looking for a high quality custom invite! Neither you nor your guests will be disappointed in her products!

Sent on 11/21/2008

Lauren · Married on 07/11/2009

3.5

The invitations turned out exactly as I had hoped - Tifany did an outstanding job taking my vision and making it a reality. Lots of people commented on the invites and I would definitely use her again.

Sent on 09/02/2009

Erin · Married on 03/09/2012

1.8
      1.0
      3.0
      0.0
      0.0

I contacted Tifany about 9 months before my wedding in regards to doing invitations and stationery for my reception. Everything started out wonderfully. The process was organized... There was a written contract, signed by each of us with due dates, right down to when everything would be mailed.

For my invitations, I had chosen rather expensive silk box invitations with a broach and a monogram on the top of the silk box. I'd researched the silk boxes and vendors everywhere and in the end it came down to Gourmet Invitations or Lehr and Black. Gourmet Invitations was a slightly better value and in the beginning I really thought Tifany was on top of things. I only began to notice that maybe things were awry when I ordered Bridal Tea invitations from her. The backdrop for the invitations (lace) which I had chosen were beautiful but the invitation itself lacked design. It was simply nice fonts on thin paper. Tifany told me I needed envelope liners to add to the presentation, and then simply forgot to mail them. I took this experience as a simple mishap and didn't really think much of it. I thought maybe all of her energy was going into the awesome invitations I had chosen.

Fast forward to the end of the year. My first proof per Tifany's contract was due on October 26th. By the week of Thanksgiving, I was completely worried. We'd e-mailed back and forth and the week of 12/2 she e-mailed to say she was behind.... she had taken a two week vacay and was working on stationery for a big conference (ISSE). It was already December, invitations were to be mailed on 1/13 and I hadn't received the first proof, a sample silk box, or a visual of the broach or monogram to be used. All of which were things I was told I was going to be able to see and approve. Finally on 12/5 I received my first proof which I was not at all enthused about. I ended up having to get my invitations done elsewhere and Tifany refunded the almost $1000 deposit (30%) i'd paid her for the invitations. Since we hadn't gotten to the reception stationery part of the contract, that money (only $200) was still left as a deposit. At the time, I didn't feel like I would go with her for anything else, but honestly wasn't worried about the additional deposit i'd paid for reception items.

So then comes February, Tifany e-mails me and ask for wording I would like on paper being used at reception. I had decided against using her again, but since I'd already paid her partial for this stuff, I decided to just let her do the programs and the table numbers. I had already ventured out to get the escort cards, menu cards, signature drink cards, hotel box stickers etc done elsewhere. Well this part is my fault, I should have gone with my first mind, and had the programs done elsewhere to. She sent the first proof which I wasn't really in love with, so I sent her exactly how I wanted it to look (flourish placement and all) which ended up working perfectly. Well, the Tuesday before my Friday wedding, I'd paid the balance but not received a shipping notice so I e-mailed Tifany who tells me she's just picked the programs up from the printers. They didn't print enough and in addition to what I'd already paid for freight per her invoice, it would be $53 to ship them overnight since she'd just picked them up from the printer or $30+ for 2 day which would come in the day of the rehearsal dinner. The programs once shipped still had to be folded, holes punched, and ribbon added.... so getting them the day of the rehearsal dinner would have been a pain.

Printing errors and delays happen. It just would have been nice of Tifany to inform me when she requested final payment that these would be delayed. Telling me the 3 days before the wedding was an inconvenience.

Overall- Tifany has great reviews, which is why I chose her. However, I don't think she had enough time to devote to doing the stationery for my wedding. I never felt that my wedding was in any way shape or form a priority. From the half done proofs, to the delays in production, or lack of design aspects, my wedding was what i felt to be last on her list. The ISSE convention was her focus at the time. Her website displays a vast array of wonderful stationery that looks like time and effort were put into the design. I unfortunately did not get that service from Tifany.

Sent on 03/21/2012