76 Reviews for Gerard Tomko Photography

Destination / Travel (3)
Matted Prints (2)
Proofs (2)
Liability Insurance (1)

Now that the wedding maddness has toned down a little. I'd like to take the time to let future brides know how hiring Jerry Tomko for their wedding photographer will be one of the amazing decisions they have to make during wedding planning. From the first day my husband Chris & I talked to Jerry on the phone, we knew he was the photographer for us. He was super funny, easy to talk to, answered all of our questions and assured us that every picture you want to be taken on the day of your wedding (and if you're a bride like me, you want it to be of EVERYTHING) he assured us it will be taken. Oh, and he was available for our wedding date, THANK GOD! 36 years of photography experience absolutely showed in our pictures. Our engagement shoot was in Ocean City, NJ where we chose to have our beach pictures since we were having a january wedding. It was such an awesome few hours to meet jerry, get to know him rather than over the phone and not to mention the beautiful pictures we got from them! We then met again about 3 months before the wedding to go over the timeline of the day, leaving us "jerry time" just incase things don't go as planned. and believe me they don't! but everything still worked out perfectly. The morning of the wedding he showed up while we were still doing hair and makeup to take getting ready shots, and stayed all the way at night until after cake cutting - wow, not paying anyone for extra hours.. this was included! I couldn't wait to see the pictures as he was taking them I could tell they were going to be insane. He has a creative mind and can see your shoes, your veil, or something else that catches his eye and takes an amazing picture. We had sneak peeks posted on Facebook the 2 weeks following our wedding while we were on our honeymoon in hawaii and I couldn't believe they were already done! We were super happy with them, and cannot wait to see our canvas and album!

Profile Picture Brittany, 1/14/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

Hiring Jerry was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. He is the epitome of professional, yet he will become your best friend in the process! From the start, he was incredibly helpful with establishing a timeline for us from when hair and makeup stylists should wrap up, through the reception when I had surprise entertainment arriving for my husband. Jerry’s vision is unmatched. It might feel like he is taking an awkward or goofy photo, but rest assured there’s a method to his madness. As a curvier bride, I was self-conscious about how I would look in photos, but I was pleasantly surprised. It’s amazing what the right angles and placement of a veil can do! We viewed our slideshow last night and I left with a grin ear to ear, at a loss for words (which is rare). He and his assistant were stealth-like and completely unobtrusive, especially during the reception. His style perfectly captured classic wedding photos and artsy/unique "Jerry" shots. Our family and friends have raved about how awesome the teasers were on Facebook right after the wedding! We are so grateful for our beautiful photos and look forward to seeing our album!

Profile Picture Lauren, 12/9/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Jerry's work is stunning. I am very aware of this because I started following him on facebook two years before I even got engaged, just for future reference ;) After following him for so long I knew I had to have him as our photographer. About a month after our engagement I called him. Clueless of where and when our wedding would be and to this whole process of wedding planning in general I spoke with Jerry and not only booked our photographer but also was pointed in the direction of amazing vendors, I got advice, and felt like I made a new friend! Jerry was there for me through the whole planning process I even called him on random days in between asking his advice on hotels, and ceremony locations. He is so helpful and he cares. So far we have gotten our proofs and there are soooo many amazing shots that it will not be easy to choose the pictures going in our album!! Jerry puts so much into his work but even more into the relationship which is so important. Every picture Jerry has taken of us, even going back to our engagement shots, has been immaculate and we are so happy to have had him there to capture the most important day of our lives

Profile Picture Nicole , 6/24/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography

By far, choosing Jerry for our wedding photographer was one of the best decisions we have made! My husband (fiancé at the time) and I had been in a few weddings where Jerry was the photographer so we knew he was amazing, but Jerry honestly went above and beyond what we ever could have expected. He is a true artist! Jerry is beyond creative and his photos surely show it. The only problem that we had was narrowing down our pictures for the wedding album since we loved so many! He captured every special moment of our day and our photos are timeless! He sees things you or I wouldn't that make his pictures stand out among the rest. Trust me, you get what you pay for and Jerry is worth every penny! Your wedding day is a once in a lifetime experience so make sure you are in good hands. I am so grateful that we chose Jerry to be our wedding photographer and highly recommend him to all!

Profile Picture Annie, 6/4/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Destination / Travel, High-Res Images, Slideshow, Albums, Prints

Jerry is the best around. I feel like I am talking to my uncle whenever we speak. He makes me laugh and keeps me calm. He knows what he is talking about and I trust his judgement completely. Whenever I have a question he calls me right away. His photos are breathtaking and I can't wait for my wedding day to come to see his beautiful work. We had our engagement photos taken already and when I seen them I was shocked that he was snapping away when we least expected it. He caught us in some priceless moments. It was wet and yucky out but that did not stop Jerry from getting on the ground to get the shot he visioned. He is creative and accommodating, but never takes the credit. He gives all the credit to his couples, which I think is super sweet.

If you want a photographer who knows what he's doing and loves what he does, CALL Jerry Tomko. You will not be disappointed.

Profile Picture Janae, 2/20/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: High-Res Images, Albums, Digital Files, Prints

Jerry's photography skills are unmatched. While searching for a wedding photographer, we knew we wanted something unique and creative yet classic and timeless--and that is exactly what Jerry provides. His ability to "see" a gorgeous backdrop with perfect lighting makes his pictures unlike any other. Our wedding pictures are artistic, sophisticated, and fun and most importantly truly capture the magic that was our wedding day. We have received so many compliments on them and will forever be able to relive the best day of our lives thanks to Jerry's skill!

Profile Picture Gina, 12/31/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Destination / Travel, High-Res Images, Slideshow, Albums, Digital Files, Prints

Jerry is nothing short of FABULOUS! My husband and I could not be happier with our photos. We did an engagement session before the wedding that was so much fun! We had a great time taking photos around the art museum. The pictures turned out stunning! On the wedding day, he was accommodating and so helpful. He helped us create a timeline and made it all feel like a breeze. He was not intrusive and was so willing to work with us and help us make our day the best ever. He captured all the precious moments and the fun candid shots too! All of our guests have commented how wonderful he was. It's always fun to reflect back on special events through photos. Thanks so much to Jerry, my husband and I have beautiful photos to cherish forever. I would recommend Jerry to anyone and everyone! He is more than just a photographer to us. He is a friend and an artist!

Profile Picture User6561791, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Prints

From the moment I booked Jerry I knew it was going to be an amazing experience. He was extremely professional and accommodating. We met up prior to the wedding to go over all of the fine details so both my husband and I knew exactly what to expect the day of our wedding. Our pictures came out perfect and it was difficult figuring out which ones to choose for our albums. Don't miss an opportunity to book Jerry you won't be disappointed!

Profile Picture Francesca, 9/19/15, 1 Review
0.5

If i could give him a 0/5.0, i would. The ABSOLUTE WORST SERVICE I HAVE EVER RECEIVED IN MY WHOLE LIFE! I don't even know where to begin. When first booking Gerard, his responsiveness and kindness was wonderful. (Actually until we paid). Once he has your money he treats you like dirt. He was utterly miserable the day of my wedding. Members of the bridal party and guests asked why the photographer was in such a terrible mood. He was down right rude to my parents and in laws when they asked for specific pictures.

Since the day of my wedding, getting a hold of him is IMPOSSIBLE. I begged for months and months for the rights to my photos and continued to inquire about my album. Two years later, i have nothing. I cannot get a response from him, even though i see he is posting immature pictures and status on facebook. (so he is clearly at the computer) Nothing like spening $5,500+ and still having no photo's. Completely took the joy and excitement out of receiving my photo's. Now I seemed to be in some sort of crazy nightmare. I could literally go on and on about how terrible this service was. I had 3 friends use him as well and we are ALL suffering. I am not alone here. He stole my money and my photo's.

Profile Picture Jessica, 7/17/15, 1 Review
0.8

Here are some comments/ inappropriate remarks that Gerry made during my wedding day

"I can't fit up there let alone take a picture up there" (when asked to take a picture up spiral stairs at the hair salon).

When two of my bridesmaids asked him to take a picture of the two of them he literally pretended with his fingers to snap a photo.

He was eating during my cocktail hours (which I didn't care) however it is unprofessional and the country club where we got married said something to him and he went over to my mom and made a huge issue

When my husband and I were have our private photo session we had to walk up this huge hill at my requested space where I wanted pictures done - he DROVE up and watching my husband and I walk up in he HEAT and HEALS - did not offer us a ride (our party bus couldn't fit) THEN he had "pains" and was on the floor for like ten minutes in aganoy. Therefore, all our pictures at that time were fake smiles because we were concerned we would have to rush him to the hospital. Instead of having us laugh and carry on for a real FUN moment

And after my wedding - jeez whenever I had a question or ANYTHING he would send me a picture of my contract and gave me the HARDEST time !

Look elsewhere ! Do not hire him. He was the worst part of my wedding day - he had no respect for my husband and I. Furthermore, he posted Facebook comments about being asked not to eat at the wedding!!! So unprofessional.

Trust me! I got married three years ago and it still bothers me to this day!

Profile Picture Lauren, 6/28/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

It's been 9 months since our wedding day, and Jerry has yet to disappoint. Despite high wind gusts and pouring rain, Jerry was motivated and enthusiastic to capture the best photographs possible. Our pictures are stunning! The rain only added to the beautifulness and allowed us such unique photos. I am grateful Jerry was truly up for anything! Not only did he provide us beautiful pictures, but helped create a timeline that let us enjoy every moment. We were never pulled aside for pictures or rushed. We had plenty of time to do it all, and the wedding advice and experience he provides is priceless. After the wedding, he quickly (within 24 hr) provided fabulous sneak peek pictures which my friends and family enjoyed seeing immensely. Within 3 months, we had a gorgeous wedding portrait hanging on our wall. 3 months later, I finalized my album with him at his office. He has the best technology and creative mind necessary to make the process quick and easy! I am looking forward to the final receipt of my album coming soon this September as promised! I will gladly, and look forward to, updating this review upon my album arrival to prove that this man is the most professional, sincere, passionate, and experienced photographer out there.
UPDATE 9/26/2016: AS PROMISED, I am here to update my previous review letting you know that I received my gorgeous wedding album this past August! It was worth the wait and beautiful in every way. The quality is superb, the pages thick, and the photos breathtaking. I had the pleasure of sharing my album with my entire family over the Labor Day weekend and everyone had the same feelings! My husband and I are thrilled the finally has this on display in our home! I do not hesitate to recommend Jerry as your wedding photographer! He has become a wonderful friend to us and is a trustworthy professional (my husband's brother actually just booked him for their upcoming wedding!). We look forward to working with Jerry again!

Profile Picture Kaitlin, 6/27/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

From the moment Michael Montecalvo and I, Nicole (Malandro) Montecalvo were engaged to be married we knew we wanted to have a destination wedding at our favorite place, Aruba. When a couple decides to have a destination wedding you must come to the realization that you will not have the traditional elements that you would have available to you as if you were to be married at home and we accepted this to a point. Michael and I traveled to Aruba to plan our wedding and we were able to have the opportunity to use our recommended photographer. This photographer took our engagement pictures around the island, and needless to say, they were not impressive. We returned home from our wedding planning trip excited about everything except the photography; however like previously stated, things like this come along with having a destination wedding.

We had the pleasure of meeting Gerard Tomko,“Jerry” while being in our friends’ weddings. During these weddings we realized not only did we admire the finished product Jerry would produce but also what we loved more was the way Jerry orchestrated the wedding days from start to finish! Brides and Grooms do not realize how much goes into planning a wedding, especially creating an effective time line schedule for when and how pictures will be taken. Jerry takes this task and handles it all while making sure each and every family member is recognized and feels special.

Photography was a component in the whole wedding planning process that both my husband and I took serious because we are those “picture people”. Over the years we both admired Gerard Tomko photography. The photographs Jerry would share were always jaw dropping; this was not only because of the edits but also because of the moments he would capture! Jerry isn’t a photographer who stands behind a lens pressing a button, he observes and watches all his surroundings and makes connections with everyone he is photographing. Jerry is truly is the best in the industry!

Profile Picture Nicole, 3/28/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Destination / Travel, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Slideshow, Albums, Digital Files, Matted Prints, Prints, Proofs

I knew I wanted Jerry to be my photographer before I was even engaged. He did the weddings of several of my friends and I loved the pictures he created. I thought they were so unique and beautiful. Jerry was one of the first vendors I called after I was engaged. We were able to get him for our engagement photos and for our wedding day. Our engagement photos took place that fall. After seeing what he was able to do that day, I knew we made the right choice going with him. He was so creative with the angles and the ways he made us stand. Some of the pictures we took that day are some of the most beautiful images of me and my husband. We were truly impressed. I was engaged for 9 months and I spoke with Jerry constantly during that time. He was always available to speak with me and help guide me through the whole process. He helped me plan my entire day and timeline. He was such a huge help to me. On the day of the wedding, he was with us from the beginning to the very end. He does not charge by the hour like most photographers do. He was amazing that day! He made sure that everything went smoothly and that we were on time with everything. But the most important part of the day was the finished product...my pictures are incredible!! I'm absolutely in love with them!! They are so gorgeous!! The pictures he was able to capture are remarkable...I don't know how he did what he did. He truly has a gift for capturing these special moments. I am so happy we went with Jerry! We made a forever friend in him...

Profile Picture lauren, 3/6/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Our wedding was in January of 2015. It was a really cold, winter night (even had some snow) and Jerry captured everything perfectly, no matter the weather conditions.

Photography was the most important piece to my wedding day, and I wouldn't settle for anyone 'ordinary'. There was no need for me to do extensive research to find a photographer because before I was even engaged, I knew that Jerry would be the one. I did my best to book my wedding around his availability. When I was newly engaged, my husband could have cared less about the photography for our wedding, but after seeing Jerry’s work from our engagement shoot, his mind quickly changed.

I wanted something different and unique, yet classy and fun. Jerry far exceeded all of our expectations, as I knew he would. Our engagement shoot came out so incredible that people are still talking about those photos almost a year later, as well as ALL of our wedding photos that we received. I do not have to worry about how my photos would turn out because Jerry does his thing and uses his creative mind to create masterpieces! He was brilliant, to say the least - on time, great direction, and extremely coordinated. His experience in the business definitely shined, making you feel beautiful, comfortable and most importantly YOURSELF on your big day. You'll feel like you're shooting a spread for a magazine- trust him with EVERYTHING - he can transform the most ordinary/everyday scenes and poses into the most stunning, jaw-dropping statement photographs.

I am honestly at a loss for words in describing how happy my husband and I are. He is worth every penny and you will not be disappointed. To top it all off, he is a cool, laid back guy and so fun to be around. You're spending the entire day with your photographer so you better make it someone as down to earth and exciting as Jerry!

Profile Picture Alicia , 1/30/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My wife and I were and still are blown away with Jerry's work! We couldn't of asked for a better photographer to capture our special day.

Profile Picture User4762096, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Awesome awesome awesome his photos are like nothing you will ever see! He thinks out of the box for sure

Profile Picture Lena, 12/13/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

My daughter had two "must haves" for her wedding day...Jerry Tomko and his incredible work were one of the two. As mother of the bride, I am writing this review less than a week after our amazing day and let me state at this point, I can't imagine anyone else but Jerry being with us for this special time in our lives - simply amazing.
There is a huge amount of trust that needs to be placed in your photographer - these pictures are capturing a "once in a lifetime" event. Jerry provides you with this and so much more. From the beginning when we started having conversations, to meetings, to the suggestion of a time itinerary (extremely important & Jerry was spot on with his timetable) to the day of, his professionalism and knowledge are unsurpassed. He gets it all. He will honor your requests, questions, concerns, etc and he gives you what you have been envisioning throughout the planning process.
Jerry is an artist and master photographer - this is crystal clear as you begin to see the photos unfold. We were fortunate enough to have pictures displayed at the reception and the number of people that took the time to comment about what was playing out before them was more than you can imagine - he absolutely captures these incredible images throughout the day (and yes, shots of the bride and groom that are stunning, at night!) and they just take your breath away.
Just can't say enough about our experience with Jerry - he is the one that you want for your special day.
Jerry, thank you for everything! You are the BEST!

Profile Picture Mary, 9/13/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Once your weeding will become a day to remember, nothing will be more precious for you and your family than your weeding pictures. This is why, it is so important to care about your wedding photographer selection.
I found Gerard Tomko Photography when I was looking for some wedding dress pictures of my preferred gown’s designer on Facebook. I immediately knew that these kinds of images were the ones I would like to have. A few days later, I sent a message to Jerry to see if my dream could become a reality. I haven’t mentioned yet that at that time, I was leaving in Mexico and I was planning my wedding in San Juan, Argentina. A few minutes later, I got a phone call from him. I was so excited! He was keen to do a Destination Wedding and travel to Argentina!
My husband and I couldn’t have the opportunity to meet Jerry in person until a couple of days before our wedding day; however we have more than enough guidance from Jerry to plan everything in the best way. He was available for us through Skype and phone calls. The day we really met Jerry at the airport was like saying hello to one of our friends. Jerry is a great person and he cares a lot about his couples.
Everything in our wedding day came out perfectly. Jerry adapted very well to our traditions. He had a very nice connection with all the people at our wedding. We were really surprised when he put together the pre-wedding and ceremony pictures on a slide show during the reception. That was a beautiful gift from him!
The Day After session was also a great opportunity to see him in action. The places he chose for the shots were just perfect.
Since the day that I saw this first picture from Jerry, I was dreaming to have my wedding day captured with his lenses. Today, this is a reality and everything has been better than my dreams so far. Jerry is a stunning professional who cares a lot about his work. For me, he really sees his pictures with his heart. I totally recommend Gerard Tomko Photography.

Profile Picture Paty, 2/1/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Jerry was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding day. Not only did he take the most gorgeous photos for our engagement and wedding but he really helped keep the day on track. He was key in making sure we got our amazing winter wonderland shots. I wanted to head to the venue because I was cold and he convinced me to keep going and boy did it pay off. I have had people I've never met email me about the pictures that he has taken. He truly is an artist and his work is breath-taking. Aside from his work, his work-ethic, timely manner, and upbeat attitude made working with him a breeze. He also recommended two amazing vendors for videography and decor and we loved both of them. His fine art album is a work of art and I will never get tired of looking at it. I love my photos more as time goes on and I am so happy with my decision to hire him!!

Profile Picture Gabriella, 12/14/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: High-Res Images, Slideshow, Albums, Digital Files, Matted Prints, Prints, Proofs

Very professional, very personable....really gets to know his couples. Will listen and adjust to what the bride and groom really want. Veryyyy responsive, will return calls very quickly! Lovesss what he does and it shows in his work! We left our reception was Jerry even there, he did not intrude in anyway and got us nearly 850 proofs to look at it! Knows many of the best vendors around Philly so he knows how many people and place work, he really helped everything run really smoothly the day of!!!!

Profile Picture User3498900, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Gerard Tomko Photography captured our wedding day more beautifully than we ever could have imagined! Jerry made our day stress free and is a true artist - he has a vision like no other! The pictures were absolutely amazing and we highly recommend him to ANYONE seeking a photographer for anything - he can do all!

Profile Picture Jaime, 5/26/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My husband and I couldn't have been happier choosing Gerard Tomko as our photographer. He was very professional, organized, and very calming throughout the process. His pictures are unlike any others, and not only does Jerry not take the typical wedding photos, but he takes you and your fiance's/husbands thoughts, concerns, and ideas into consideration to make a beautiful piece of art.

Not only is Jerry very talented, but he is very efficient with his work. We received our proofs within 1 month of the wedding, and we are currently working with Jerry to create our album. He leads you in the right direction and points out things that Matt and I would have never considered.

I would recommend Jerry in a heart beat, and we will definitely be using him again for family portraits or other larger family events.

Profile Picture Maria, 5/25/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

When we began planning the wedding, I (the groom) mandated one thing - I did not want to have to micro manage our vendors. That meant the band, the photographer, the video team and the venue. Jerry Tomko is a photographer you absolutely must consider if you value this as well.

From the moment we met him, we knew that we had made the right decision. He talked us through what his approach would be on the wedding day well in advance so we knew what to expect. One of my favorite things about working with Jerry is that for much of the night, it's almost like you didn't even know he was there. But boy do the pictures tell a different story.

Jerry is the epitome of class and we felt he truly enjoyed being with us on our wedding day. Whether that's the case or not is totally inconsequential. He did an amazing job and the photos came out amazing.

Also, we had our proofs in roughly a month, which is quicker than I had anticipated.

Again, we can't overstate how happy we were with our choice to use Jerry for our wedding. We will undoubtedly return as our family grows.

thanks, Jerry!

Profile Picture James, 5/17/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

We could not be happier with our choice in wedding photography! Jerry is incredible to work with, always developing new looks and has left us with beautiful memories from our wedding day. We have gotten endless comments on how beautiful our photos and I look at them on a daily basis.

Profile Picture Jessica, 5/3/13, 1 Review
0.0

We waited over a year for digital photos and then almost 3 YEARS for the album - just ridiculous amounts of time to have to wait for products we had already paid him in full for (and compared to the most other photographers, his prices are steep). Leading up to this we contacted him multiple times for updates but would usually not get any response. If we did, it was just attitude/sarcasm (“Sure I’ll drop everything for all my couples to work on your album”), excuses (“I’m only one person”), and pushing back the timeline (“You’ll have it in 2 months”). We would wait until after his timeline had passed to contact him again, only to get a fresh set of excuses and false timelines. Just an absolute nightmare.
Maybe I can take solace in the fact that we’re not the only ones this has happened to, based on some of his other reviews here. Basically once you pay Jerry you’re at his mercy, and he stops caring (drastically different than how he acts when he is trying to get your business).

And the worst part of it was that he consistently and blatantly lied to us, without even an ounce of remorse after he continued to fail to deliver on what he promised. Not only was he totally unprofessional, but disingenuous and just plain rude. He had no consideration for a client’s concerns, when he was clearly in the wrong. I honestly can’t remember the last time I met someone so insincere.

Our wedding was otherwise an awesome day and everything went as well as we could have hoped. When we think back about the wedding, hiring Jerry was the only blemish and our biggest regret, and it is unfortunate. Not to mention that during the wedding he lost steam, as during the reception he was often sitting down, appearing tired and not taking as many photos.

Bottom line: Buyer beware if you are considering hiring Jerry Tomko. You may get some decent photos, but you could almost certainly get the same at a cheaper price and without all of the frustration, disrespect, and lies.

Profile Picture User6380588, 2+ years ago, 1 Review