Function 1 Entertainment Reviews

45 | North Richland Hills, TX

45 Reviews for Function 1 Entertainment

Nicole · Married on 10/12/2018

Absolutely loved having Darin

Darin was recommended to me by someone that I went to high school with that had already. gotten married before us. There are not enough good things to say about Darin. He was so helpful and accommodating and made sure everything ran smoothly on our big day. I couldn't have asked for a better DJ for our big day. Charlie and I would definitely recommend him to anyone who is looking.

Sent on 10/28/2018

Katy · Married on 05/27/2018

Darin is so talented!!! Our guests ranted and raved about him all night and I am STILL receiving wonderful comments from people who were at our wedding about how fun it was and how our DJ (DARIN!) played the perfect combination of songs! He was so unbelievably easy and fun to work with. I would recommend him to ANYONE looking for a DJ! Our day of coordinator also said that she would recommend him a thousand times over! We met up to talk music about a month before the wedding and he got our music styles almost immediately. He helped us choose songs for specific parts of our reception and ceremony. His set up also looks really awesome! We are so beyond pleased with choosing him as our DJ!

Sent on 09/03/2018

Caity · Married on 06/04/2017

Darin was incredibly personable and professional. He created an awesome atmosphere at our wedding where everyone had a great time. Cant recommend him enough!

Sent on 06/18/2017

victoria · Married on 10/01/2016

Darin was absolutely wonderful!!! I first messaged him since I needed a DJ for my wedding, and he responded ASAP. He met with me and my fiance (now husband) to go over how he runs his business, about him, and really worked on getting to know us as well. We then met with him at the venue to go over music and exactly what he'll be playing and when. He had so many great suggestions for the reception to get the people up and involved! I had about a million questions for him and he never acted annoyed, and always got back to me in good time. He arrived at the venue about 3 hours before the ceremony to set up and make sure everything was working as it should. He was dressed in a nice outfit, and didn't take any breaks. Out of all the vendors I worked with, he was by far my favorite! If you're looking for an amazing DJ you found one! :)

P.S. He also understands weddings are expensive and has a great price!

Victoria

Sent on 10/14/2016

Abbey · Married on 10/17/2015

Darin is by far the best Dj. Not only does he have every song under the sun, if you want a song he doesn't have, he just downloads it... For no extra cost!! He also went above and beyond by creating a ceremony/reception time line! He has tons of fun ideas. 3 of my guest from my wedding asked for his info before we even left for our honeymoon!

Sent on 11/24/2015

Ellis · Married on 09/19/2015

Darin was absolutely awesome from start to finish. Very helpful along the way with song selections and timing. I had multiple tell me after the wedding how fun he made it!! Our wedding would not have been the same without him and I highly recommended him for any couples wedding!

Natalie · Married on 09/19/2015

Darin is the best DJ I have ever seen and heard. He truly made my wedding the most perfect day. Everyone was dancing the entire night and raved on how amazing our DJ was! I highly recommend him for your special day!

Lyndie · Married on 09/18/2015

Darin was recommended by a co-worker who was getting married a few months before us. She said Darin had been such a fun DJ for some of her friends' weddings and she had booked him for her wedding as well. We were very pleased with his willingness to meet us for our initial meeting, our on-site meeting with our venue, and for our final review of music and itinerary. Not only did guests compliment his taste in music, but they also really enjoyed his personality as he emceed our reception. Very professional, flexible and dependable. Would book him again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 11/27/2015

Lyndsey · Married on 06/05/2015

He is very flexible and compliant with what you and your loved one desires for your special day. Even when you aren't sure yourself. He helped us tremendously when we couldnt come up with an entire evenings worth of music for our wedding. He asks for a list of a certain number of songs and creates a special playlist specifically based on it for you. He is wonderful!

Alisha · Married on 05/30/2015

Darin was the BEST thing to happen at our wedding! He was easy to talk to and very professional, answered all the questions we had as well as give great advice and suggestions! He's more then perfect for any budget and well worth the money! We loved him! I highly recommend him to any type of wedding!

Sent on 11/22/2015

Meredith · Married on 03/14/2015

Darin was fantastic! He walked us through the entire process of planning our wedding day timeline. He was extremely patient with us during our meetings; suggesting and playing songs where we had no idea what to do. I am positive our wedding would not have gone nearly as smooth without him. The best man asked him the night before the wedding for some extra equipment for his speech and Darin made sure it was available. He kept everyone on the dance floor the entire night. I had numerous guests compliment how flawless he transitioned between songs during the ceremony. He absolutely exceeded our expectations as a DJ! I have already been recommending him to anyone I know planning their wedding.

Sent on 07/16/2015

Jessie · Married on 03/07/2015

Darin was a great DJ! I have seen him at multiple weddings and couldn't think of having anyone else at our own. He was very responsive and helpful for planning out the time line of our reception (which I didn't even know was a thing). You can't go wrong with selecting Darin as your DJ :)

Sent on 07/01/2015

Erin · Married on 01/17/2015

A few minutes after meeting Darin, we knew he was the perfect DJ for us! I felt like he offered more than other DJs we had previously met with and you could tell he genuinely cared about your entire event. He had cool suggestions that I never thought of. We met up again before the big day to workout the reception timeline and pick music. He was always quick to respond to our emails. At the reception when we were all eating dinner, I realized I didn't have anyone to cut the cake! (The venue didn't provide this service and I completely forgot to appoint someone to do this!) We leaned over and told Darin and he was on it! He quietly found 2 people to cut the cake (without all the guests knowing my mess up! He saved the night and I couldn't be more thrilled with him! The music was perfect and the reception flowed so smoothly because of him! Guests commented that he did an excellent job! If you are thinking of hiring a DJ, please meet with him to discuss your event. You won't be disappointed!!!

Sent on 11/22/2015

Nicole · Married on 11/01/2014

Darin was absolutely amazing! He DJ'd at my brothers wedding so I knew he was amazing before we hired him. However, he exceeded our expectations. He kept the flow going of the night and played great jams! he made the evening perfection!

Sent on 11/10/2014

colleen · Married on 10/11/2014

Darin was wonderful. So friendly, great mix of music, MC'd the night and kept us rockin. I would recommend him for sure! !!

Sent on 10/16/2014

Andrea · Married on 06/21/2014

Darin was AMAZING! We booked him about a little over a year in advance and he kept in touch through out that year. We met up with him only a couple times. I didnt need to meet up a bunch but I'm sure if I needed to, he would have done so. He is a laid back guy and very easy to talk to. Added him on facebook and he would send messages recommending different things to make our special day even more special.

The night flowed great and the music was even better. He played the crowed and got everyone on the dance floor. Even he got out there to dance a couple times.

Over all, I could not have asked for a better DJ. He went above and beyond to do his job and some others jobs. I'll be sure to ask Darin to DJ our future events.

Sent on 07/02/2014

Amanda · Married on 05/25/2014

Darin was amazing! I highly recommend him for a wedding. He was very professional during the whole planning process and wanted to ensure he knew our style and that he played the songs exactly as we wanted. Numerous guests of ours told us how much they loved him and that it's been one of the best DJs they've seen at a wedding. Anyone I know that is in the wedding planning process, I have suggested him to them and I said they would be extremely happy. I could not have asked for a better DJ.

Sent on 06/20/2014

Troy · Married on 05/25/2014

Darin was great from the first minute we met him. My wife and I knew we wanted him to be our DJ as soon as we met him. His consulting prior to the wedding is outstanding, and he goes above and beyond in his attention to detail. His consultation, which was included, was in-depth and he didn't rush anything. At the wedding Darin was extremely professional and even a month later I'm still having friends tell me how much fun they had at the wedding and how great our DJ was. I've been to plenty of weddings where the DJs go over board, are in love with their own voice on the mic, and are generally overbearing. Darin was the perfect mix that you want from a DJ. He's worth WAY MORE than his price, and I would recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ at their wedding.

Sent on 07/07/2014

JENNIFER · Married on 05/17/2014

Darin was an amazing DJ. He kept our reception going all night. He helped us through the process, had great ideas and feedback and always answered any questions we had. Everyone at the reception had a wonderful time, he knew what music to play when and the dancing never stopped. He kept the reception running right on time yet we never once felt rushed. We would recommend Darin to anyone! Thank you Darin!!!

Sent on 05/28/2014

Renee · Married on 05/10/2014

Darin was absolutely fantastic. My husband and I were very lost when it came to choosing songs for each of the wedding events and Darin was extremely patient in helping us compile our playlist. He was always very responsive to any questions we had and maintained his professionalism at all times. We had a backyard wedding at my parents' house and a situation arose where neighbors started to make noise complaints. Darin handled the situation extremely well by calmly dealing with the neighbors and then repositioning the speakers to where it didn't put a damper on our party. He was a crucial part in giving our wedding the "vibe" that we were looking for and making it a great success. I recommend him to all of my friends and family who need a DJ for a party or wedding.

Sent on 09/29/2014
  • W

Willam · Married on 01/26/2014

Would definitely recommend! Thanks Darren

Sent on 01/31/2014
  • W

Whitney · Married on 10/20/2013

He had everyone on the dance floor! He got everyone in the mood to dance when the time was appropriate. Really professional yet fun! #bestdjever

Sent on 11/22/2013

Absolutely excellent service! EVERYONE at the event was pleased. Honestly, he is probably the best Emcee that I have ever seen. Made the wedding reception comfortable and fun, kept the crowd interested and engaged, & was extremely pleasant and well-mannered. I would highly recommend this DJ.

Sent on 11/22/2013

Amazing DJ. We are a pretty crazy bunch and he was able to keep up and make it happen. Very professional. I would highly recommend him for any event.

Sent on 12/01/2013

Molly · Married on 07/13/2013

Darin is by far the best wedding DJ I've ever come in contact with. He listened to me and my fiancé when it came to our vision of our reception and made the night exactly what we wanted it to be...a giant party!!! To this day I still have guests of our wedding tell me that we had the best dj and that our reception was one of the most wedding receptions they have been to.

My sister-in-law recently got married and used Darin for her dj as well and my best friend is using him in March at her wedding. If you want an awesome dj at an amazing rate then Darin is your go to guy! I can not rave about him enough.

Sent on 12/03/2014