36 Reviews for Fresa Weddings

Rehearsal Dinner (1)
Non-Religious (1)
Religious (1)
36 Fresa Weddings Reviews

Kristee and her team are absolutely fabulous! Kristee is always responsive and helpful with questions throughout the process. As a bride she made my wedding process planning easy. I was so nervous going into planning a destination wedding in Mexico until i had my first talk with Kristee. She eased my worries and made me feel confident that all was going to go great. When i arrived to my own wedding i was BLOWN AWAY. It exceeded our expectations and was the most beautiful day! We can't thank her and her team enough for making that day so special and designing exactly what we wanted for our beach vows.

Profile Picture Lisa, 4/7/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Kristee was absolutely amazing. My dream wedding wouldn’t have happened without her. She is professional, energetic, and I had a blast working with her. From the very beginning of planning to the very end, she always there with great advice. Thank you for everything!

Profile Picture Yuri, 3/3/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Kristee is an absolute dream of a wedding planner! Not only is she fun to work with, but she is also very communicative, highly experienced and willing to work within my means to achieve my exact vision for my wedding. She is detail-oriented, creative and thoughtful about guiding her clients through the wedding planning process. I had a strong aesthetic vision for my wedding and she helped me bring every detail I wanted to life. She was upfront and practical about logistics without ever sacrificing the ambience and experience.

My wedding was more than I ever could have hoped for. Her attentiveness and professionalism allowed me to fully relax and soak up every moment of my wedding week in Tulum, not having to worry about a thing for the wedding. THANK YOU Kristee and team Fresa - I couldn't be happier to be a Fresa bride

Profile Picture Jojo, 2/23/18, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Where do I start?! Our wedding at Akiin Beach on 2/17/18 was unforgettable as all our family and friends keep telling my husband and I. Kristee guided me every step with suggestions when I was completely lost or unsure of ideas. She went above and beyond to help in any way she could when an unforeseen circumstance occurred a few months before the wedding! She searched high and low for specialty liquor we wanted for our signature drink that held a special place in our hearts! She was so professional, so sweet, and having a destination wedding I was worried about a planner being unresponsive since we had never had a face to face conversation, but Kristee put me at ease every step of the way and quickly responded to all emails. I am just so thankful we found her. Thinking of a wedding in Tulum, BOOK HER!!! You will not regret it! Thank you so much again Team Fresa!

Profile Picture Nikita, 2/17/18, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

My goodness, not sure where to start! I am not the bride who has dreamt of her wedding day since I was a child.. I am not detail oriented, nor am I creative. When Kristee and I met, I told her I just wanted a fancy fiesta full of bright flowers, an ocean breeze and plenty of alcohol. She executed everything to.a.tee!!! Kristee is so organized, she knows Mexico well and knows what to recommend and she is just a pleasure to be around. I loved working with Kristee, she truly made our wedding a dream come true!

Profile Picture Nicole, 2/10/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

If you are looking for an amazing, magical, special, wonderful and beautiful wedding then look no further than Kristee Smith of Fresa Weddings!
My daughter decided that she wanted a destination wedding and so she landed on Tulum as the location. She throughly researched different wedding planners and Kristee’s name kept coming up. In November 2016 my daughter, her fiancée and I had a conference call with Kristee. We had so many questions and she answered all of them and put our minds at ease. She was so comforting to me on that call and I knew that we had made a great decision to hire her. Then we started planning for the February 2018 wedding. Boy does time fly! We had so many visions in our minds and Kristee brought those visions and many more to reality. Being the control freak that I am, I was involved in everything. I sent so many emails to Kristee and each and every one was answered in a prompt manner.
Kristee has a wonderful eye for detail and nothing goes unnoticed. I think her favorite part of planning has to be the flowers. Oh, the flowers!! For the life of me I don’t think I’ve ever seen that many at a wedding. It was like walking into a floral warehouse. Just beautiful.
The wedding was on the small side, 45 guests at Akiin Beach Club. Very private. All of our guests had so much fun and they ALL danced the night away. I don’t think I’ve ever been to a wedding where literally every single guest danced all night long!
I lost count of all the guests that came up to me to tell me it’s the best wedding they have ever been to and I think they truly meant it.
It’s been a week now and we are still on cloud 9, constantly looking at the pictures. The pictures just don’t do it justice because I have never seen anything so beautiful.
It was clear to my husband and me that Kristee and her staff worked tirelessly to create the best wedding possible while staying within our budget. We feel that we got our money’s worth and so much more.

Profile Picture Teresa, 2/10/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Of all the Wedding planners out there, Why work Kristee? The answer is simple. You simply won't find another person that is as dedicated, passionate and dependable as her. I firmly believe that this is her true calling in life and it shows through and through. And the cherry on top? She's one of the most cheerful and positive people you'll ever meet, which comes in really handy for your bridezilla & groomzilla moments. As two busy executives, having a "low stress" wedding planning processes and a "stress-free" wedding was a top priority for Eric & I. We met Kristee down in Tulum and we instantly knew we had to work with her. We loved that we didn't have any language barriers with her and that she was always on top of things (highly responsive to emails, etc). Later on we found out that unlike other planners in the area, she only takes on a few select clients each year which allows her to really focus on delivering your dream wedding. She had the wedding planning process so dialed in, that I distinctly remember 3 weeks before the wedding **everything** was done. I was basically sitting at home twirling my thumbs because every detail was already accounted for and gosh I loved that. Fast forward to our Wedding day. We woke up to a massive downpour of rain (not exactly "ideal" weather for the dream beach wedding that we'd been planning for over a year). Naturally, I was a bit bummed but I distinctly remember that I didn't worry for a second about the ceremony or reception details because I was sure Kristee was already executing on our Plan B. And as luck would have it by early afternoon, the clouds parted and the beautiful sun came out. And I married the love of my life on the beach with beautiful pampas floral arrangements and 80 of our closest friends and family surrounding us just like Kristee had promised me. I feel so incredibly lucky that we found Kristee because I know for certain there isn't another planner that could've delivered the way Kristee did.

Profile Picture Shirin, 12/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Kristee and the Fresa team were nothing short of amazing! They took our ideas and vision and turned it into everything that we wanted, and more ! From the tiniest of detail Kristee had us covered and always kept our best interests in mind! Organizing from another country can be stressful, but we were so thrilled when we saw everything come to life and had guests gush about how beautiful it was ! We can't thank Fresa enough for a magical day!
Jessie & Stephen

Profile Picture Jessie, 11/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

My fiancé and I chose to get married in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico because we heard it was a gorgeous place, so why not right?! However, deciding to do a destination wedding in a place you’ve never visited before can be a daunting task to say the least. What wedding vendors do we use, what venue do we choose, and who will take care of it all for us? By pure luck we stumbled upon a GEM - Kristee at Fresa Weddings! We instantly fell in love with her website because we knew we weren’t getting a typical cookie cutter wedding. From the very first interaction to the last Kristee was always wonderful to work with. She was so easy to work with, extremely professional, and genuinely excited to help create the wedding of our dreams! Throughout the entire planning process, Kristee always set our minds at ease by recommending trust worthy vendors to take care of all of our wedding needs. She even helped avoid a disaster when the resort we were staying at decided not to allow any of my vendors inside to help get me ready for my big day. Kristee truly saved the day, she found an alternate place for me to get ready at and it worked out amazingly! The entire day was beyond perfect and we never worried about a thing! Her attention to detail and vision are one of a kind. The decor, food, music, photography, everything...was spot on and exceeded all of our expectations!

Thank you so much Kristee and your amazing Fresa dream team for everything you did for us on our special day! We are so thrilled with how everything turned out. You brought our wedding dreams to life and we will never be able to thank you enough for that.

If anyone is looking for an amazing wedding planning team look no further - Fresa Weddings is your answer!

Forever grateful,

Andrea & Kris

Profile Picture Andrea, 7/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We can't express how happy we are with Kristee and her team at Fresa Weddings! We planned our destination wedding in Playa Del Carmen from Canada and Kristee made the entire process so straight forward! She saw my vision for our day and took it to the next level, all while staying within our budget. She was super responsive to any questions and concerns we had and kept us in the loop with all of the planning. She also had the best recommendations for vendors, including hair, makeup, photography and videography. All of the vendors she recommended were incredible, and this saved us so much time and stress! On the day everything ran so smoothly without myself or bridal party having to lift a finger. Kristee and her team had everything organized to perfection! We were able to enjoy our day getting ready, arrive, get married(!!!), celebrate and relax the day after! Our guests could not stop commenting all night and ever since, about how beautiful the entire day was and that it was the best wedding they had been too! My number one tip for brides-to-be is to hire a wedding planner, and if you are getting married in Mexico - Fresa Weddings are the BEST!

Profile Picture Emily, 6/15/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We decided to have our wedding at a destination where we both never have been before- Tulum, Mexico. We definitely needed a wedding planner who was local to the area and we were glad to have stumbled upon Kristee at Fresa Weddings. We first looked at Fresa's website and loved the work they have done for previous weddings. We contacted her for availability and Kristee was very prompt at responding back to us. She was exactly what we were looking for in a wedding planner! From then on, contact with her during the wedding process was fantastic. We were a bit worried how our special day would turn out, especially since all of our communication was via email and we weren't going to meet in person until we arrived for our wedding weekend. But Kristee answered all of our concerns and eased our worries. Our wedding day went so smoothly and everything turned out so beautifully! The wedding details went exactly how we wanted it to. Kristee used Vanessa Jaimes for our florals- which turned out AMAZING. Also, DJ Diego was absolutely great! All of our guests were raving about him after the night was over. We just wished we could've been there all night long just to admire and savor all the details she put into our wedding. We promise if you go with Fresa Weddings you'll absolutely be in fantastic hands!!

Profile Picture Juliette, 5/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

When you think of your dream wedding and dream day you think it can be perfect. What you don't imagine is that it can actually be better than perfect. Kristee and her team are beyond your wildest imagination and exceed perfection. From the moment I first contacted Kristee (pre-engagement might I add haha) she was so excited and enthusiastic about what I envisioned for my big day. Throughout the year and the countless emails I sent leading up to the wedding, adding things and people last minute (like 4 days before the wedding last minute) Kristee handled it like a pro. She made sure that every detail was taken care of and I didn't have to worry about a thing. I got to sit back and enjoy my wedding day stress free!

I did a site visit with my mom before the wedding and getting to meet Kristee in person was such a great experience. She is so kind and loving and makes you instantly feel as though you've known each other for years. She makes every detail about your wedding important to her and not because that's part of her job, but because she genuinely cares and want's to make your wedding as perfect as humanly possible.

The wedding day was unbelievable. I had a vision of what I hoped it would look like and it was blown out of the water. TeamFresa is just WOW! They turned a beautiful venue into a spectacular one!! All of my guests kept coming up to me saying they felt like they were on a movie set. The vendors that Kristee has hand selected are the best I've ever seen. BesoBrides, are a husband/wife hair/makeup team and they literally make magic happen. Her florist is incredible, one of my guests is a wedding florist back home and she was blown away. The DJ, food, cake, venue - perfection! Everything Kristee does, she does with her whole heart. She pours herself into every little detail and her passion shows in the beautiful weddings she creates. Thank you Kristee from the bottom of my heart for making my dream wedding a reality. XOXO Natasha and Coedy

Profile Picture Natasha, 5/20/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Destination, Ceremony, Reception, Full Planning

If you are looking for someone to help you plan your wedding in Mexico from a distance who already has great venders they know and trust, Kristee and her team are your people. It was so important to me to not only have a team helping me plan my big day from far away but that my wedding itself was unique! I didn't want it to look like every other beach wedding I had seen and Kristee does just that. She worked with me (a lot) going back and forth on all the details and design elements until it was perfect. Actually the way I found Kristee was as I was figuring out where to get married I kept saving and liking these beach wedding pictures from various internet sites (Pinterest, The Knot, Wedding Wire) and when I tracked every photo back it was Kristee's design every time! If you are looking to work with a local expert who you can trust and whose unique design talents will blow even the highest bridal expectations, look no further! I seriously couldn't be more pleased and wish we could relive it everyday! Most beautiful wedding and most pleasant experience of my life! Kristee is the perfect teammate while planning your wedding.

Profile Picture Danielle, 2/11/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Full Planning, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner

Kristee with Fresa Weddings is truly one of a kind! I don't think I can ever find the appropriate words that will do her justice for how amazing, organized, energetic, full of unique ideas, caring, and overall AWESOME she is and was for me through the whole planning process up to the wedding day. Her ability to take my vision and make it everything I wanted and more was a true dream come true! She works with an amazing set of vendors including Vanessa Jaimes Florals, Archive Mexico, DJ Diego, and Beso Brides, just to name a few. Not only are the vendors world class, but her team at Fresa was AH-MAZ-ING. They were extremely nice, accommodating, and made sure I had everything I needed each day!
If you are planning wedding in Tulum, Mexico, I would encourage you to make your wedding a several day event as well. Kristee was my planner for our wedding AND our Welcome Party. The Welcome party was a great way to have each of the guests meet and get comfortable with each other for the remainder of the week leading up to the wedding day. Kristee helped me plan an unforgettable night with tacos, margaritas, and Salsa dancing lessons (best idea EVER!!!). On the wedding day I did not have to worry about one thing. I showed up, married the man of my dreams in the most gorgeous setting ever, and then partied the night away with my friends and family.
After hundreds of emails leading up to the day, meeting Kristee and her easing any stressful thoughts, and then her putting on the wedding of my dreams, I cannot thank her enough! If you are planning a wedding Tulum or nearby......BE A FRESA BRIDE! You will not regret it! I recommend Kristee with Fresa Weddings with no reservation! GREAT TEAM and the BEST in the business!

Profile Picture Jessica, 12/2/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Kristee and the Fresa team were amazing! They were there from the beginning with all of our issues with postponing the date and creating a magical wedding within our budget. I don't know what I would have done without her. She created a special day which we will never forget.

Profile Picture Amber, 11/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Kristee was absolutely amazing. I am a known control freak and I felt totally comfortable completely handing over the reins. She is organized, diligent, and has phenomenal taste. We chose our venue sight unseen and we still have friends commenting about how beautiful and perfectly "us" it was. Kristee made everything so easy and stress-free. Planning the wedding was an absolutely great experience. I'm just sad it's over!

Profile Picture Jordan, 11/12/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I stumbled across the Fresa Weddings website when researching destination weddings in Mexico and knew immediately that I HAD to be a Fresa bride! (Have you seen their gallery?! Heart eyes emoji!) I can honestly say that the entire planning process was pretty easy. Kristee is super sweet and quick to reply to emails/questions. I sent her pictures of what I envisioned and the vibe I was going for, we had one phone conversation and boom!, the wedding of my dreams occurred! Every detail was perfect, the flowers were absolutely stunning, and every guest was raving about how our wedding will be really hard to top! We stayed at an all-inclusive resort and witnessed numerous weddings throughout our trip and are SOOO happy with our decision to have a private wedding! It can be scary to be in another country and booking a venue without visiting it or trying the food but I had complete faith in Kristee’s recommendations. Having someone you can trust to pull off a beautiful and fun wedding (especially when you aren’t there to check anything out) is priceless! They also have an awesome team of vendors they work with so you know you’re getting the best. If you are thinking of doing a destination wedding in the Riviera Maya area (you should definitely do it!), make the best decision of all and hire Fresa Weddings! We couldn’t be happier with how everything turned out. Thank you so much Kristee and the Fresa Team! You guys are awesome!

Profile Picture Shane, 6/23/16, 4 Reviews
1.5

The concerns started when the first quote came back 3 x our budget. We where very clear with Kristee what our budget was and explained we wanted a planner execute an amazing wedding but kept within defined budget. Every local vendor we spoke to quoted cheaper than Kristee, this included flowers, DJ's, alcohol suppliers. When we approached her about using other suppliers she became very defensive and made it clear that she was not happy about us engaging them. After many weeks of back and forth trying to work with Kristee to get the wedding back close to our budget we where exhausted and just started saying yes. We where sick of the back and forth emails. The responses where hardly ever rapid, it seemed as though she was busy. So we ended up paying more than we intended and we felt as though we overpaid for everything. To us it felt like Kristee was not negotiating respectable rates plus then adding a buffer. After shopping her prices around this was the only conclusion we would come up with. She works with one florist and one alcohol provider and is not open to others. She declined our invitation to the rehearsal on the day no one knew what they where doing and that stressed the bridal party. On the day she did not manage the event well. Things where stolen from the venue, dietary meals did not come out, DJ did not play the specified songs, the seating arrangements where done incorrectly and she left hours before the end of the night. At the end of the night we had an issue with the staff at the venue being horrible to my wife and not delivering a service as per Kristee's specifications. When we spoke to Kristee about compensation she washed her hands of it and told us to speak to the venue directly. This to me was the final straw. We never got the compensation that was rightfully ours as Kristee was more interested in maintaining her relationship with the venue than going into battle for her client.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Jot, 6/11/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Kristee! You are AMAZING. I knew from the minute I found you & saw your incredible work & attention to detail that you were my girl! From the first email to the last you totally saw my vision & on our wedding day you brought it to life in the most incredible way. I know I've told you this many times already, but you have a DREAM job! Anthony & I can not thank you enough for making our day so beautiful & special. I wish you many more years of success, you never know, maybe one day many years from now I will be contacting you again to plan our future children's weddings! We can start a family tradition! Thanks for everything

Profile Picture Brittany, 5/28/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Working with Kristee at Fresa Weddings was an absolute dream! My husband and I really wanted to do a destination wedding in Playa del Carmen. Instead of getting married at our resort, we envisioned a private venue with all of the customization and personal touches we would have had in Texas. Kristee delivered just that! She is awesome to work with - punctual, organized, kind, creative, personable... the list goes on and on. My mom and I made a trip down a couple months before the wedding and met with Kristee, saw the venue, taste tested our dinner, etc. She made us feel so at ease! The wedding day was absolutely magical - better than I could have ever dreamed! Thank you so much Kristee and Fresa Weddings for make our big day perfect! We are forever grateful.

Profile Picture Cristin, 5/21/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Destination, Ceremony, Reception, Full Planning

If you are planning to get married in Playa del Carmen, Kristee and the Fresa Team are the ONLY way to go! From our first interaction with Kristee we had complete confidence in her. Kristee has the perfect combination of passion, professionalism, and creativity to create your dream wedding. We can't imagine having someone else! Fresa far exceeded our expectations as we arrived at the venue, not only were our guests in awe, so we're we! They took all the random "things" we brought to Mexico and used them perfectly to create the most beautiful and personalized wedding. Kristee is also very organized and keeps the evening running smoothly, her calming demeanor is perfect for brides (and their mothers). From the moment we arrived in Mexico we were able to relax and enjoy our time, we literally had nothing for the wedding or reception to do! Kristee handled it all! Seriously, look no further!! If we could give Kristee and the Fresa Team 10 stars we would!

Profile Picture Traci, 4/6/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Full Planning, Ceremony, Reception, Destination, Religious

Hello Kristee!!

It's been a long time and I can tell you I miss the planning. The whole time we communicated was a dream. And I want to thank you with all my heart for making the day we all dream of come to reality. Everything was beyond perfect. My family to this day communicates how perfect everything was. Every detail just took my breathe away. I can't thank you enough. You are magnificent at what you do and any future bride is in good hands with you. The flowers beyond exceeded my expectations. The cake and pastries my goodness beyond beautiful and delicious. The ceremony setup was more that I ever imagined. Everything was beyond perfect the day was amazing and one I will never forget. And I will never forget you. I send you big hugs. I hope you are having fun planning your future masterpieces. That is what a Fresa wedding is just a dream come true. Thank you so much with all our hearts.

The Brisenos:)

Profile Picture Samantha, 2/20/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

How do I begin this review when I have so much excitement to spill out all at once of how unbelievably amazing Kristee Smith and Fresa Weddings is. Kristee is my angel and savior and even that is an understatement. She defines dedication, excellence, hard work, compassion, support and perfection. I am forever grateful for her and her remarkable team.
She took a chance with me and that says a lot. Allow me to explain. I was referred to Kristee by my best friend who had her as a resource in Mexico to help find vendors for her wedding. Our emails started off by me asking for advice on where to go, who to contact and how to make a destination wedding a success and the entire time she was an enormous help and very kind. I was beyond lost and came to my rescue. After just a couple of conversations, I felt so connected to Kristee. She has this ease about her that makes planning a wedding a pleasure. She agreed to be my wedding planner despite her not working out of Cancun which is where I was getting married. That alone should tell you a lot about the beautiful person that she is, hence why I call her my angel and savior.
There aren’t enough words to praise Kristee and thank her for making our dream wedding a reality. From simple emails to check in on me and my well-being all the way to hour longs calls and elaborate layout and design emails, she was ALWAYS present.
The whole wedding planning process from first contact to the day we said “I Do”, flowed so well and made me feel so confident. Kristee cared deeply about ALL of me during our time working together. I wasn’t just another client. Her devotion to the bride and groom deserves great admiration. I will end with this, there were bumps in the road with other vendors not related to Fresa Weddings and it poured on our wedding day and our wedding was outside; despite all of that, Kristee was my rainbow after the rain, my hope and and my guiding force to making our wedding the best day ever.

Profile Picture Stefania, 1/15/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Full Planning, Destination, Non-Religious, Ceremony, Reception

We could not have wished for any one else than Kristee and her team to help us plan our wedding in Tulum! From the first skype until the wedding - and even after - she was and is always available, very fast in responding and always concerned that everything is well. I had the feeling to be her only bride :) Our wedding involved a year planning and about 100 guests from 12 different countries, which was so fun and exciting and one week before our big day when we finally met again we were just so happy. Kristee took care of absolutely everything, we could simply enjoy a week of holiday with our family and friends and let the wedding day come! It was just beautiful, it turned out like we imagined it and even if we unfortunately weren't able to entirely respect our budget and a couple of tiny things were not exactly the way we planned, nobody noticed and we had the most wonderful day. Akiin was the best choice we could have made and with Kristee's touch it looked just breathtaking. She even helped us setting up our self-made photo-booth which was a big hit! Our guests had an amazing time and are still talking about all the fun and love-filled moments we experienced together. For any couple who is thinking about getting married in Playa or Tulum, go to Kristee, she will make you feel calm, safe, happy and excited :) a million thanks to Kristee and her team for making our day so perfect!

Profile Picture User5204667, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Our wedding in Mexico was everything we could have wanted and more, Kristee and the Fresa team were the ones responsible for making it happen. Upon meeting Kristee for our venue search we got a great vibe from her. She took us to the venues we asked to see and we eventually settled on Grand Coral Beach Club. Planning a destination wedding isn't the same as an in town wedding, especially when you're planning in a totally different country. Kristee was up front about the obstacles we would encounter along the way due to the location of the wedding (Mexico). When we ran into any of these obstacles Kristee resolved each situation quickly and to the best of her ability.

Possibly one of the most impressive things about Kristee was her ability to instantly understand and relate to my wife's vision for our wedding. Kristee worked hard to see that we had everything we could have wanted for our big day. The ceremony site was absolutely beautiful and the decoration of the venue was even better. Kristee's demeanor was always professional, helpful, and supportive. She has a true talent for what she does and our wedding is still talked about as the greatest party ever by our friends and family.

Thank you Kristee and Fresa for giving us the best wedding we could ever hope for.

Justyna and Scott