Firefly Events Reviews

Firefly Events 5
Firefly Events 6
Firefly Events 7

Lindsey · Married on 02/01/2014

Firefly Events did an awesome job planning our 02/01/14 wedding, and we loved working with both Samantha and Michelle. They were extremely flexible/ willing to work around our hectic schedules, and we really appreciated that each has a positive but laid-back attitude which helped to ensure that the planning process went smoothly. In addition, they took the time to get to know us and to ensure that their recommendations regarding specific vendors were a good fit for our personalities and style.

Sent on 02/20/2014

Firefly Events's reply:

Lindsey, thank you for the review! We are so happy for you and Dominick. You are a fun, gorgeous couple, and your wedding and reception suited you so well. We were proud to be a part of such a beautiful setting. Your wedding was stunning! We had a great time working with you and are looking forward to seeing you soon!
  • Y

Yvonne · Married on 11/09/2013

samantha and michelle were excellent! I would reccommend them to anyone! It was well worth it to to realx during my wedding knowing they were taking care of everything!

Sent on 02/03/2014

Firefly Events's reply:

Thank you, Yvonne! You are one of the kindest people we have had the joy of working with, and we wish you and Cody the best. You were a joy to work with and your wedding was perfect. Please keep in touch with us!

Sara · Married on 11/02/2013

Samantha and Michelle at Firefly Events were wonderful to work with for our wedding. My husband and I were planning a wedding in Nashville from our home in Texas. They provided excellent suggestions and were always available to answer questions. Our wedding was absolutely perfect, and I truly believe it was because of the hard work and dedication of Samantha and Michelle!

Sent on 12/17/2013

Firefly Events's reply:

Thank you, Sara! We loved working with you and Scott. Your wedding pictures are fabulous and show how much style and love were present. We had a great experience with you and appreciate the kind review. Take care!

I loved my Fireflies!!!! I could not have gotten married without them. They are sweet, funny, kind and very good at what they do. I felt at ease throughout the whole process because I was actually able to trust them. I never doubted their capabilities and knew that my day would be perfect no matter what it ended up looking like. My Mom, Samantha and Michelle formed a special bond that I absolutely loved. I was planning my Nashville wedding from Richmond, Virginia, which initially made me really nervous but once I met the fireflies, I felt totally relaxed. They stayed on top of everything and I really appreciate all of their hard work. Again, I could not have gotten married without them. I love them and would recommend them to anyone!!!! Thank you so much Samantha and Michelle!! You will be the official DeJesus party planners from here on out!! XOXOXO

Sent on 12/30/2013

Firefly Events's reply:

Liz, your Fireflies love you too! Thanks for such a fun and beautiful experience. You were all wonderful to work with throughout the whole process, and your wedding and reception were a perfect fit for your style and personalities. We miss seeing you and wish you all the best!

Surabhi · Married on 07/05/2013

Being part of a traditional Indian family means you're getting a big Indian wedding no matter what. With the help of Firefly Events, we planned a 275 person wedding reception (small by Indian standards) at War Memorial in just 4 months! Samantha and Michelle helped us us to combine traditional Indian elements with the hallmarks of a Southern wedding which was exactly what I and my very Southern husband Joe had wanted. With a venue like War Memorial which requires so many different vendors, Firefly was invaluable. They handled all the little day of issues that rain on our wedding day created with ease and grace--moving our valet to a rain location, our outside cocktail hour into an inside one, and making sure that we didn't freak out because of the rain! Samantha and Michelle were fantastic--personable, thoughtful, organized but laidback and very willing to roll with the many punches my huge Indian family threw them during our short planning period; we couldn't have asked for better coordinators.

Sent on 12/19/2013

Firefly Events's reply:

Surabhi, you are fabulous! Thanks for the review and for being such a joy to work with! Michelle and I enjoyed spending your engagement period with you and Joe and think your family is the greatest. Everyone was focused on giving you guys the best wedding possible, and we all love you both! We hope to see you soon!

Greg · Married on 06/30/2013

We chose Firefly Events to plan and coordinate our 40 year vow renewal at Cheekwood. It was the best decision we could have made!! Samantha and Michelle planned EVERYTHING and made sure that even the smallest detail was addressed! The vendors chosen were first class, the coordination was perfect; they handled everything! On the day of the renewal the ONLY thing that we needed to do was enjoy our party. We didn't need to lift a finger, or make any decisions. It was a dream. Samantha and Michelle are the REAL deal. We highly recommend Firefly Events to anyone who wishes to work with the best in the biz!

Sent on 07/10/2013

Firefly Events's reply:

Your vow renewal certainly was first class! What a special weekend for you and your closest family and friends. No stone was left unturned. We had a fabulous time working with you and Mynda and are so happy for you on your 40th anniversary. Thanks again for choosing Firefly!

Anna · Married on 06/01/2013

We decided to have a fairly large Nashville wedding (250 invites) with a fairly tight deadline (5 months). Samantha and Michelle were the first planners that I met with and I knew instantly that they fit the bill. They were creative and organized! They took care of absolutely everything! On the day of the wedding, there was absolutely nothing to stress over despite the rain and the fact that we had planned to have an outdoor wedding and outdoor reception. Just when it looked like a last minute storm system may ruin our big day, Samantha and Michelle took charge and located another "indoor" spot on the grounds of Cheekwood for the wedding and reception. When I arrived everything was in place and looked absolutely stunning. What could have been an extremely stressful turn of events was a complete stress free and lovely day - as your wedding day should be! I very much enjoyed working with them every step of the way and highly recommend them to anyone looking for professional, creative planners. You will fully enjoy your special day and all the events leading up to it because Samantha and Michelle will be handling all of the stressful details!

Sent on 07/13/2013

Firefly Events's reply:

Anna, you were wonderful to work with, and we are so happy for you and Tyler! When we made the call to move the ceremony and reception inside due to rain, you remained so steady and positive. You handled everything with such grace and made our jobs much easier. It was an absolutely beautiful Cheekwood wedding! Thank you for your kind review, and please keep in touch with us!
    - Samantha & Michelle, Firefly Events

marsha · Married on 05/25/2013

I had 8 months to plan a destination wedding in Nashville for my son and future daughter-in-law, so my husband suggested I hire a wedding planner since we live in Virginia. I googled "wedding planners" and came up with Firefly Events. I am so grateful for Michelle and Samanta for organizing the most amazing wedding. I simply told them what the bride and groom's vision was for their big day and they found the perfect venue and recommended excellent vendors for the event. On the day of the wedding my son informed me that I was not to do a thing but to just enjoy the day and that was exactly what I did because Firefly handled everything from start to finish. I can't say enough about Samantha and Michelle and would highly recommend them to plan your special day. They were absolutely wonderful to work with and I can honestly say that I made two great friends in Nashville!!

Sent on 06/07/2013

Firefly Events's reply:

Marsha, we loved working with you and are happy to have become friends through the process! Front Porch Farms was the perfect venue for your family, and it was the most beautiful weather we have ever had on a wedding day. We had a blast every time you came to town and enjoyed watching your family and friends live it up at the wedding. What a fun group! Please let us know next time you're in town.

I wanted to share a recommendation I recently gave to a potential Firefly client:

Hi J,
    I’m glad they referred you to me because I’m happy to give them my recommendation. I live in CT and my son was getting married in Nashville. My husband suggested I get a wedding planner since it was truly a destination wedding, in that, no one lives in Nashville (not even the bride or groom, they just love Nashville and it was a central location for all the guests coming from all over). I just went on the internet and did a search for wedding planners in Nashville and called a few of them. I knew as soon as I got done talking with Samantha and Michelle that they were the ones I wanted to hire and I did not regret it. They were great. Always available, very accommodating, handled everything including referring all of the vendors, very professional, extremely nice. And I should tell you that my personality is such that I am a very controlling person and I’m pretty sure they recognized that right from the start and still they were great about it. And when they told me to just relax on the day of the wedding, that they would have everything under control, they were absolutely right. I worked hard for eight months prior to my son’s wedding, but I can tell you that on the day of the wedding, I just enjoyed myself because Samantha and Michelle had everything under control! My son and daughter-in-law as well as the entire wedding party, also told me that Michelle and Samantha were great to work with.
    I can’t say enough about them. I wish you all the best with your upcoming wedding!
    Marsha

Sent on 07/10/2013

Firefly Events's reply:

Thank you for such a positive reference, Marsha! It means so much to us that our past clients can talk through the process with our potential clients and would recommend us so highly. The feeling is definitely mutual, and we think you are great too. We enjoyed our calls, meetings, emails, and especially the wedding day!

Jaime · Married on 02/23/2013

Our wedding could not have happened as beautifully and seamlessly without the help of Sam and Michelle of Firefly Events! We clicked from the very first time we met and they made my vision of our special evening a reality. I had three international business trips leading up to the wedding day and they coordinated every last detail while keeping me as involved as possible via e-mail and phone. Their involvement during the day kept me at ease and I was actually able to enjoy every moment of the night! Their calm and can-do personalities kept me calm and happy. Our day truly could not have been planned more professionally or perfectly - I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 12/30/2013

Firefly Events's reply:

Jaime! You and Geoff are such a cool, laid-back couple. We loved reading your review and hope you are doing well. One of my favorite wedding memories was giving you a ride at the end of the night! What a great reception you had. We were honored to be a part of your special evening.

Taylor · Married on 10/06/2012

We had a fabulous experience with Firefly Events planning my wedding in October. They were on top of all the details and did an excellent job communicating our wishes with our vendors while keeping my mom and I in the loop throughout the planning process. Samantha and Michelle have a fantastic eye and were able to bring my vision for my wedding day to life even better than I had imagined. They were creative, laid back and fun to work with. I trusted them with every detail of my wedding- and there seemed to be a lot! On the day of my wedding, my family and I were able to relax and enjoy the day knowing Firefly was on top of everything. It went off without a hitch and I would use them again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 07/23/2013

Firefly Events's reply:

Thank you Taylor! Your family was an absolute joy to work with, and your wedding was beautiful! We miss seeing you all, but we love keeping up with you online. We'll have to do a girls' night soon to catch up!
    - Samantha + Michelle

Nancy · Married on 05/12/2012

We felt fortunate to work with Samantha and Michelle with Firefly Events. They handled everything we talked about and my daughter's wedding ceremony and reception went smoothly, in spite of rain at the farm venue. They took care of everything so we could enjoy the evening. As mother of the bride, I was making arrangements from out of town. We were in good hands wth Firefly Events watching over all the details. Samantha and Michelle were very professional in their work, yet had a very caring touch.

Sent on 05/26/2012

Firefly Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Nancy! We enjoyed working with you and your sweet family. It was a beautiful wedding! Please keep in touch with us.

Word cannot express how thankful I was to have Michelle and Samantha helping me with my wedding! I was so scattered and stressed with things outside of the wedding that being able to trust them with the planning of my big day really took the stress away. They were so sweet and professional and worked around my crazy schedule. I cannot thank them enough!

Sent on 12/10/2015

Firefly Events's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback! We are so appreciative of your kind words and are glad you had a great experience with Firefly. We do our best to respond in a timely manner, so we will definitely continue to focus on that and keep it as a priority. Cheers to your wonderful wedding and a happy life together!

Very professional and willing to work with various schedules.

Sent on 10/21/2014