Empyrean Events & Catering Reviews

Empyrean Events & Catering 2
Empyrean Events & Catering 3

Leah · Married on 11/17/2018

Outstanding Experience!

We cannot say enough good things about Empyrean Events and Catering - we had the absolute best experience! Giang, specifically, ensured the planning process was seamless, fun, and no detail was left untouched. Our day was everything we'd envisioned - the best part was the feeling of assurance throughout the whole process that our day would be exactly what we wanted; and thanks to Empyrean, it was!

Sent on 12/10/2018
  • JRae

Jenna · Married on 09/02/2017

Words cannot express how amazing our wedding ceremony and reception was at Empyrean. We hired them to do everything, and it was the best decision. From the food to the flowers and linens, our wedding was absolutely breath taking. I am still getting compliments about how wonderful and beautiful our wedding was. Empyrean really listened to our vision and brought it to life. Also, the view of the city cannot be beat. Best venue in Fort Wayne in my opinion.

Sent on 09/14/2017

Joanna · Married on 12/17/2016

Loved my wedding here. It was beautiful and all the guests loved it. Definitely one of the best places in Fort Wayne.

Sent on 12/25/2016

Excellent! They accommodate with us very well and personalize everything to our specific tastes!

Sent on 04/19/2016

Michelle · Married on 08/06/2016

This place is amazing and beautiful. Miro is our consultant and he is amazing!

Sent on 11/09/2015

The Empyrean Events and Cater facility is absolute gorgeous! Depending on your package, you each get a personal assistant who is there for all of your needs! The event coordinator executed our goals for our theme (we went with a Gatsby-esque, gold and black theme). If you are planning the wedding of your dreams, this location and catering service is the #1 choice!

Sent on 02/15/2016

Morgan · Married on 11/08/2014

Words can't express how wonderful my experience with Empyrean was. THANK YOU for everything you all did for us. We had the best day of our lives on Saturday and can't tell you how many people came up to me to say how wonderful everything was. You made our wedding such a flawless day and we didn't have to worry about anything. As a bride who likes to be in control, I really appreciated having someone I could trust with everything! Thank you for everything!!! The food was DELICIOUS, so many people commented how it was the best they've every had. Thanks again, Renee. We couldn't have had a better experience with you and your amazing team.

Sent on 11/17/2014

Megan Sholl · Married on 11/03/2018

Our wedding 11/3/2018

Our wedding was on a beautiful Nov fall
    Day. It was absolutely perfect. Alex Kenny was our wedding planner. Alex was amazing so detailed oriented (like myself) patient and so kind. The Empyrean did such a flawless job from the time we walked in to the time we left at the end of the night. Our wedding was absolutely perfect because of Alex and her impeccable team. Thank you so much empryean for making our wedding so magical.

Sent on 01/29/2019

1.0
      2.5
      3.0
      0.5

I had a truly horrible experience working with Empyrean, particularly with Renee Miner and her assistant, Miro. I honestly don't know where to begin!
    They gave us a bridal and groom's attendant who supposedly were there to help us with anything, "even if you ask for something like a diet red bull, and we don't have it, they will go get one for you" was exactly what we were told. A bridesmaid asked if there was a hairdryer, she was told no and that was the end. The groom asked if there was any hair product as they had forgotten it, and the attendant actually told him to go look in the bathroom for any someone had happened to forget.
    We asked they play a song at the end of our ceremony as we exited. Our friend who was doing the pre-ceremony and ceremony music had set it all up, all they had to do was push play on an iPod, and they somehow could not do that. When I brought it up, Renee was extremely rude and did not give me any explanation as to what happened.

They messed up several guests seating assignments, and their staff was extremely rude when guests asked questions. They also messed up the head table seating so badly that we had to re-arrange it all ourselves, and we were NEVER offered an apology, explanation, or help when re-seating everyone. We had our bridal party's dates at the head table, and both the bride and groom were sitting next to dates of people in the wedding, not the maid of honor or best man.

We were lucky and did not have surprise charges at the end of the wedding, however, a friend who got married here told me after the fact that their bill ended up $10,000 higher than they were told it would be beforehand. Working with this unprofessional and unorganized group of people was startling, I am truly shocked they are still in business. On top of it all, when we went to pick up some things and hand in the final check, Renee Miner would not come out of her office to speak with us, and had one of the secretaries deal with us instead.

Sent on 09/25/2016

Empyrean Events & Catering's reply:

Julie, I am saddened to see your review of our company in such a slanderous way after receiving a final communication from your mother leaving the impression that your family and guests had a wonderful experience. Several of the points you have noted are incorrectly accusing myself and my staff. Items such as seating errors due to the workbook you provided not including or incorrectly listing guests seating assignments and music not working due to your friends tampering with wires on our sound board. Also that it was perceived that I was ignoring you when I was not aware you were onsite. Lastly, drastic budget increases which are largely impossible unless significant changes are made to guest counts or the services being offered, all changes the client makes not Empyrean. I am saddened that due to a change in your contact with Empyrean you have been blinded to the wonderful memories of your wedding. We are proud to provide an exceptional experience for our clients and if we fall short of that prefer to have an open and honest discussion rather than an annonomous review on a social site where potential brides are only receiving half the information. Julie, we wish you well in your next chapter.
    Renee Miner