Kahn's Catering

8580 Allison Pointe Boulevard, Indianapolis, IN 46250 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 34
  • Pricing
  • Real Weddings 2
  • Meet the Team

About Kahn's Catering

Our reputation as one of the best Indianapolis caterers comes because we believe in using the finest and freshest ingredients delivered at the highest level of customer service. Create your menu based around one of our packages - or create your own menu al a carte. From experienced staff to local food, Kahn's Catering executes exceptional service and perfects the details.

Special Occasion Packages
Enjoy simplified reception menu planning with Special Occasion Packages each crafted to provide you with a high-quality meal experience for an inclusive per person price. Each package includes:

Beverage Service: Packages include four (4) hours of open bar service.

Hors d'oeuvres: Prior to dinner, enjoy one (1) hour of either stationary or butler passed hors d’oeuvres, based on dining package selected.

Meal Service: Select from packages that include plated meals, buffet and station options.

Custom Buttercream Wedding Cake: Each package includes a custom wedding cake made to your specifications. Choose from over 30 different cake flavor and filling combinations, as well as seasonal selections.

The Kahn’s Catering Difference

World-Class Culinary Expertise
Our team can create a menu for you or guide you as you create your own. Take your guests on a culinary adventure around the world with our specialty stations or enjoy a more traditional plated meal with familiar favorites. Dishes are scratch-made, prepared with the highest quality of ingredients and can be accommodated to any dietary restriction. Each meal is presented with creative presentation to provide guests with the finest in food. Choose culinary styles from all over the world and customize your Special Occasion Package with choices from our complete menu or select al a carte options: www.kahnscatering.com/menus.

High-Quality Serve Ware
Your event will always look its best with our premium collection of serveware including pieces such as Cardinal crystal, Steelite china, and Villeroy & Boch butler passing trays.

Professional Event Specialist
Work exclusively with your dedicated event specialist to plan your event menu, select linens and develop your event timeline. Your event specialist will be available throughout the entire planning process to answer any questions you have from the moment you say hello. With over 50 years of combined experience, our planning team has helped create memorable moments for events of 25 to over 500.

Experienced Logistics Team
Our team will coordinate the set up and teardown of your event, arrange delivery of rental linens, equipment, and culinary items. Taking care of the background work so that you can better enjoy the day of your event without added stress.

Inclusive Service Charge
Our all-inclusive service fee covers the costs of all servers, set up, operations team, culinary, all prep work, and back of the house charges such as transporting equipment, product, and linens.

Exclusive Venues
Kahn’s Catering is the exclusive caterer of Eiteljorg Museum, Indiana State Museum, Newfields and Scottish Rite Cathedral. We also have our own banquet facility, Montage, located on the northside of Indianapolis in the Castleton area. Kahn’s Catering is a preferred caterer of many of the city’s most prominent locations including Indiana Landmark Center, SILO Auto Club & Conservancy, Dallara IndyCar Factory, Center for the Performing Arts, Hillbert Circle Theater, and 416 Wabash,

Your Location
When you love to prepare and serve high quality cuisine as much as we do, you’re willing to travel just about anywhere to make it happen. We have catered events in some atypical places, including airport hangars, alleys, theatres, stages, warehouses, unfinished buildings, horse barns, fields, and parking garages. Whether you envision a backyard wedding or a tented affair elsewhere, our team has the expertise and experience to provide you with great suggestions and guidance in your planning from the best hors d’oeuvres to serve at an outdoor cocktail hour to the best late night snack that pays tribute to your location.

Follow Kahn's Catering on
Small Plate Station
kahns catering 2018 food salad ian borgerhoff photography 12 51 126174 160269401050411
Kahn's Catering
kahns catering 347 food plated entree lobster jessica strickland 51 126174 160269311431695
Kahn's Catering
kahns catering 543 food amuse bouche jessica strickland 51 126174 160269311791124
Passed Hors D'oeuvres
kahns catering 455 food plated entree fish jessica strickland 51 126174 160269311735051
Airline Chicken Breast
Airline Chicken Breast
Custom Buttercream Cake
kahns catering 14 food plated salad jessica strickland 51 126174 160269312628721
Kahn's Catering
kahns catering 313 food plated entree shrimp jessica strickland 51 126174 160269311566122
Salad Station
Custom Cake
Custom Cake
Buffet & Station Salad
Buffet & Station Salad
kahns catering 25 food amuse bouche jessica strickland 51 126174 160269311263195
food buffet seafood kahns catering 3 caitlin sullivan 51 126174 160269376474087

Videos 4 Videos

40 Reviews for Kahn's Catering

Keely M. · Getting married on 09/04/2021

Thank you, Kahn's!

Despite a global pandemic, the entire Kahn's Catering team was an absolute dream to work with for our wedding. No detail was left behind, everything was planned and coordinated expertly and the professionalism of Steven and the entire staff was refreshing as we planned our special day. The amount of guests that commented on how amazing the food and event was countless. Thank you Steven for your help in making our day flawless.

Sent on 04/12/2021

Collin B. · Married on 05/21/2021

Outstanding service and even better food!

We cannot say enough good things about our experience with Kahn's Catering. From the very first correspondence all the way through to our event we dealt with a profession team that truly cares about their client's experience. The planning process was efficient and detail oriented making sure we were covering all our bases but also making sure we were spending our time effectively. Planning a wedding can be a lot of stress (and at times was) but working with Kahn's did not prove to add to that stress. Not only was it pleasant to work with this team but the food was outstanding! Our hors d’oeuvres were a total hit and the main courses were even better. Anna and the rest of the team are excellent at their jobs and made sure we had the absolute perfect wedding experience. Thank you for all the great work you did leading up to and during our special day!!!

Sent on 06/05/2021

Kahn's Catering Pricing

Kahn's Catering Price Rates

Kahn's Catering FAQ

• What is the average catering price per person for plated service?
    $ 64.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for buffet service?
    $ 84.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for stations?
    $ 84.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for hors d'oeuvres?
    $ 18.00
    Server(s)
    Tastings
    Chairs
    Tables
  • What is the starting price per person for bar service?
    $ 25.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?
    Bartender(s)
    Open Bar
    House Beer
    House Wine
  • What event services do you provide?
    Delivery
    Set Up
    Clean Up
  • What catering services do you provide?
    Breakfast / Brunch
    Plated
    Server(s)
    Stations
    Tapas
  • What types of cuisine do you cater?
    African
    Southwestern
    Spanish
    Thai
    Vietnamese
  • What dietary needs can you accommodate?
    Gluten Free
    Lactose Free
    No Pork
    Kosher
    Nut Free
    Organic
    Vegan
    Vegetarian
  • What bar services do you provide?
    Liquor License
    Champagne Toast
    House Liquor
    Premium Liquor
    Signature Drink
  • Which of the following items can you provide?
    Chairs
    Tables
  • Which of the following items can you provide?
    Barware

Team of Kahn's Catering

Jenny Oden

Jenny Oden

Senior Event Specialist

My career in catering began in Napa Valley, CA. In the mid 90’s while working for BV Vineyard, a friend and chef, asked me to assist with home party catering. The experiences were life changing and made me realize, that I wanted to make a difference in making a vision come true. Family ties in Indiana pulled me back home to raise my family where I grew up. Kahn’s Catering is the only catering company I would work for in Indy because it is like home. The core family doesn’t change, quality and high standards make us number one and it takes a village to make these events magical. For me, I am right where I want to be and honored to be a part of someone’s memory.

Freddie  Klagstad

Freddie Klagstad

Event Specialist & Indian Wedding Specialist

My name is Freddie Klagstad. I have been helping brides from the engagement through the grand exit on their wedding day for over 20 years. I have been with Kahn’s Catering for 11 years of that time.

Over the course of wedding planning you become part of the family's lives. I love when couples fill me in on their lives, years after the wedding. It is exciting to see families grow each passing year.

Weddings are one of the biggest and most eventful days in one’s life time. Memories are made that last forever. There is always a story to be told. I have had a wedding during a blizzard, a drought an approaching tornado and now a pandemic.

The smallest wedding I have been part of was 6 people and the largest was 700 including a horse.

Over the years I have enjoyed many multicultural weddings. It is so exciting to combine to cultures, with each wedding I learn something new. It is wonderful to see people of different backgrounds and culture come together in celebration of the couple beginning their life together.

Through history couples are getting married in good times and bad times, rich or poor. Love still prevails.

Steven Connors

Steven Connors

Event Specialist

I’ve spent a lifetime in this career field working to make guests happy and I’m hopeful you’ll allow me the opportunity to earn your trust and work to deliver an amazing wedding celebration for you.

I‘m a proud Hoosier. Though born in Minneapolis, I was raised in Indy and attended the Purdue School of Hotel Restaurant Administration. While I started in fine dining restaurants in my early teens, my career shifted early on and saw me working in luxury hotels for nearly 30 years, focusing on events. My ambitions took me to Florida to work for The Plantation and the Ritz-Carlton, both destination resorts on Amelia Island, with award winning events departments before taking my young family to Steamboat Colorado to open the Grand Hotel and again focus to premium, incentive events. We moved back to Indy in 2001 to be closer to our parents and to raise our kids. Upon return, I worked as the Director of Event Operations for the Indy Marriott Downtown before opening the JW Marriott in the same capacity. Both of these are premier event hotels. In 2012, I began my relationship with our team at Kahn’s Catering and served as the Food & Beverage Director. I’ve always been proud that it was never our goal to be the biggest, but to be the best while delivering incredible value. My extensive, high-end operations experience in making the magic happen translates into a unique expertise to now sell and plan excellent quality events right from the beginning. I’m passionate about what I do as it affords me the opportunity to use the left and right side of my brain in capturing and analyzing your details while also being creative in problem solving on the fly or delivering “WOW!” to you and your family and friends.

Thanks for checking out Kahn’s Catering. We look forward to serving you with the best food and the best service!

• Accolade of London, Inc Wedding Planners

As a wedding and event planner you often gravitate towards businesses that if you have the opportunity to recommend you do because you know they will deliver on all your expectations. Kahn's Catering is one of those vendors on my preferred list.

• Grapevine Dj's & Entertainment Wedding DJs

If you want a stress free wedding reception or any reception, I highly recommend using Kahn's Catering. They are wonderful to work with. The food is phenomenal and the staff is fantastic. So much more than a catering service, they are full service wedding coordinators. Their attention to detail is impeccable and their service is extraordinary. If you are looking for a caterer (especially one that will customize their menu for you), look no further, Kahn's will take care of all of your catering needs.

• 8580 Allison Pointe Boulevard Indianapolis, IN, 46250 See on map
    317-427-5662 (Phone number)
    Location of (Kahn's Catering)