Do you want more pricing details?
On WeddingWire since 2011
Let's make a STATEment with your wedding!
The Indiana State Museum is a spacious and versatile event venue located within the White River State Park in Indianapolis, Indiana. This venue offers stunning architecture, sweeping views, and ample wedding photography opportunities. Our experienced event team is dedicated to working with you to make your dream day come to life.
Facilities and Capacity
We offer multiple spaces, including both indoor and outdoor options, for couples to host their wedding celebration, rehearsal dinner and day after brunch! Your day is special, so we only host 1 wedding per night! If your wedding is planned outdoors, we will always have an indoor back up space for you and your guests!
1. Governor Frank & Judy O’Bannon Great Hall (indoor and outdoor space): Seats up to 350 guests
2. Farmers Market Cafe and Terrace (indoor and outdoor space): Seats up to 100 guests
3. Rapp Reception Hall (indoor space with a museum ambience): Seats up to 100 guests
4. Canal Overlook Bridge (indoor space with an outdoor ambience): Seats up to 120 guests
5. L.S. Ayres Tea Room (indoor space with a vintage ambience): Seats up to 50 guests
6. West Canal Terrace (outdoor space with a modern ambience): Seats up to 50 guests
7. Redbud Grove (outdoor space with a garden ambience): Seats up to 100 guests
8. Meeting rooms: Board room (seats 20), Museum Conference Room (seats 60), Dean and Barbara White Auditorium (seats 240), Foundation Conference Room (seats 15), & Admin Conference Room (seats 6).
Additional rental spaces are available across the state of Indiana at our state historic sites! Options include both in- and outdoor spaces offering lakeside retreats, beautiful gardens, masterful architecture, cozy intimate spaces and more. https://www.indianamuseum.org/facility-rentals/
Couples wishing to wed at the Indiana State Museum can utilize the dedicated event planners on-site to assist with the preparation and execution of their special day. The venue provides get-ready rooms for couples to prepare in comfort and style. Catering and beverage services (through Kahn's Catering) can be arranged, along with setup and cleanup of events held here. Other vendors, such as photographer, videographer, decorator and florist, are welcome to work alongside our event professional to make your wedding day UNFORGETABLE! We also allow pets to be part of special celebrations because they are your family too!
Bundle and save time!
Contact Indiana State Museum and their preferred vendors
Indiana State Museum
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?
What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?
What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?
Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?
What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?
What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?
Which of the following are included in starting site fee?
Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?
What is the starting price per person for bar service?
Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?
What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue?
How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?
Describe your venue:
What kind of settings are available?
Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
What event services do you offer?
What catering services do you offer?
What bar services do you provide?
What event items are available?
What food and beverage items are available?
What transportation and access is available?
What months are included in your peak season?
What months are included in your off-peak season?
Any other questions?
ReviewsWrite a review
2 User photos
SO VERY HAPPY with the Indiana State Museum
Even more, the ISM staff was accommodating and flexible. I was not the easiest mother of the bride, primarily because I do not live in Indianapolis. Beth, in particular, made it easy for me to meet with her, as needed. They had limited space for us to store some wedding decorations for three days prior to our event. Although they were a bit hesitant to do this- we were lucky that there were no conflicting events- it made things SO EASY for us and let me sleep at night prior to the wedding not worrying how we would get everything there. I have nothing but great things to say about the museum and the people who work there. Several weeks before our event, I stopped by the museum to again see the space. Although it was closed, the head of museum security took me up to see the space. WOW.
The location could not be better, either. Most of our guests were from out of town, so we stayed at the Marriott properties, directly across the street. There was so much for our guests to do in the area, without a car, too. I would book there again, in a second.
Are you interested?
- Erica has been at the ISMHS since January 2009.
- She got married to her husband in July 2018 and they have two rescued fur babies!
- Her favorite colors are Pink and Lime green.
- Her favorite Starbucks drink is blonde roast coffee, but occasionally vanilla latte! ☕️
- Erica graduated from Indiana University in Bloomington, IN.
- Her favorite quote is ‘Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny. C.S. Lewis
- Beth has been at the ISMHS since March 2012.
- She has been married to her husband since 1986 and they have 2 kids and 1 dog.
- Her favorite color is Sea foam green
- Her favorite Starbucks drink is Matcha Green Tea with Lemonade
- Beth graduated from Indiana University in Bloomington, IN.
- Her favorite quote is ‘A party without cake is really just a meeting!’ Julia Childs
- Melissa has been at the ISMHS since 2019!
- She has 2 siblings (older brother and younger sister) and 1 dog!
- Her favorite color is blue.
- Her favorite Starbucks drink is Strawberry Açaí Refresher.
- Melissa graduated from Indiana University in Bloomington.
- Her favorite quote is ‘todo a su momento.’ from her mother! She grew up in a Spanish speaking home. English translation ‘everything at it’s own time.’
Professional Network & Endorsements6 Endorsements
The Indiana State Museum is an incredible venue and a dream for both photographers and the wedding couple. The staff is extremely kind and helpful. The venue is lovely and offers plenty of options for beautiful photography.
Such a Unique Place to have your Wedding! Guests are able to see the heart of the City and the Staff and the Venue are Excellent!
The Indiana State Museum is one of our favorite venues. Everything is seamless and perfect from beginning to end. The staff is fantastic and we love working with the.
Would you like to visit?
Indiana State Museum frequently asked questions
- Bridal Suite
- Cake Cutting
- Wedding Cake
- Champagne Toast
- Art Gallery
- Government Building
- Historic Building
- Uncovered Outdoor
- Bridal Shower
- Engagement Party
- Rehearsal Dinner
- Bar Services
- Catering Services
- Clean Up
- Event Planner
- Event Rentals
- Get Ready Rooms
- Outside Vendors
- Pet Friendly