Kahn's Catering Reviews

36 | Indianapolis, IN

36 Reviews for Kahn's Catering

Allison Shiley · Married on 09/28/2019

Amazing Catering!

Kahn's Catering went above and beyond in making our wedding day amazing. Their food was top of the line and truly tasted as though we were having fine dining at our wedding. We worked with MacKinze and she was super helpful and very responsive. I would normally get an email response back from her within the hour. The tasting experience was so fun and they gave you so much to choose from! Everything was so good that it was hard to narrow down to what we ended up choosing. Also, the cake company that they work with was AMAZING! The cake was so fresh and absolutely gorgeous. I highly recommend Kahn's!!

Sent on 11/17/2019
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 09/21/2019

Completely fantastic!

I can not speak highly enough about our experience with Kahn's. From our initial inquires to the reception itself, Kahn's went above and beyond. Our event specialist Heidi was very responsive to every email and call during the planning process, and super helpful with all the questions I had. The complimentary tasting they offered let us try everything from appetizers to desserts so we knew exactly what we would be getting at our wedding. We got so many compliments on both the reception and cocktail hour food, and several people told us that the cake was they best they had ever had at a wedding. While Kahn's was a bit more expensive than some of the other options we looked at in the planning process, they were worth every penny and helped our entire evening go off without a hitch. I 100% highly recommend them!

Sent on 11/05/2019
  • Ashlee

Ashlee · Married on 06/22/2019

Best catering team we could have hoped for!

Kahn's Catering was AMAZING! 10 out of 10 on the recommendation. They were so accommodating, easy to work with, and extremely professional. Their food was outstanding, and their staff was so helpful! Our guests have raved about our wedding food and the overall experience of our catering team at our reception!

Sent on 07/09/2019

Lily · Married on 08/18/2018

High recommend!

We were intiallg booked with a different caterer than Kahn’s. 6 months before our wedding, SRC switched caterers. I am so thankful they did! Kahn’s is fantastic service and food and they know how to make your dream reception come to life! High recommend!!

Sent on 11/07/2018

Teresa · Married on 07/07/2018

Kahn’s catered my daughter’s wedding in July, 2018 and we couldn’t be happier! Extremely organized, professional, and most of all offering some of the most delicious foods we’ve eaten. From the fabulous hors d’oeuvres at cocktail hour through our incredible entree and on to the delicious three flavors of cake, the process was seamless and the food was amazing. It isn’t often you see the catering company owner pouring wine for the bride and groom and personally overseeing every detai throughout the evening. Joe is excellent at his craft and runs a top notch organization. Thank you so much to Joe and his staff for the personal and professional service we received. You made us feel very special.

Sent on 07/10/2018
  • Amy

Amy Kaiser · Married on 06/30/2018

Kahn’s is best of the best

The entire staff at Kahn’s made my daughters wdding planning a memorable experience. Kahn’s does not miss a detail and gave us the confidence that they would do things right. They are extremely responsive to every question and provided us direction that was so helpful and beneficial. They truly listen to their client. The food quality, presentation and service were all above what we could have imagined.

Sent on 11/08/2018
  • Tom

Tom · Married on 06/30/2018

We wanted this event to be spectactular.

I would like to take a moment to extend a personal thank you to both (owner) Joe Husar, and (catering manager) Heidi Melton. The attention to detail (and there were a lot of them), quality of service provided, and the overall professionalism that had been extended to us for our wedding reception was just extraordinary. I could write countless lines espousing on these virtues, but trust me, if you are hosting a top level event, and you demand the absolute best, put your trust in Kahn's. You will not be disappointed. - Tom Kretz

Sent on 11/08/2018

Karla · Married on 06/16/2018

OH MY GOD. People say that wedding food isn’t very good, but if you go with Kahn´s you will prove those people wrong. It is no exaggeration to say that my wedding day food was EXTRAORDINARY. We decided to go with some pretty strong flavors, such as saffron, olives, strong cheeses, and they were done to such perfection that I continue to have guests remark on how our wedding food was some of the best they´ve ever had. We had Kahn’s also do our DELICIOUS cake, cocktail hour and bar tending. The bread and cheese table they put together for us on the cocktail hour was exquisite and full of detail, everything tasted amazing but the design of it all knocked it out of the park. You cannot go wrong with such professionals. Our venue was also quite tricky as it was an outdoor reception at a private residence but it seemed to make no difference to them as they performed as smoothly as they would have in they own indoor venue. WORTH EVERY PENNY.

Sent on 08/14/2018
  • Darlene

Darlene M Trusty · Married on 05/19/2018

Kahn' s catering made the wedding planning fun and effortless.

The food and drinks were top notch. From the tasting to the event we were very pleased. They handled the event with professionalism and we always felt our wishes were important. As mother of the bride, I would use Kahn's Catering again.

Sent on 11/07/2018

Meisha · Married on 05/19/2018

Exceeded Expectations

Kahn's did an excellent job as our venue changed caters just months before our big day. As we live out of the country we had to select a menu without tasting and work with our wedding coordinator to ensure our evening was still to our expectations. Kahn's team exceeded our expectations as well as our guests!

Sent on 01/08/2019

Lauren · Married on 11/04/2017

We used Kahn's Catering with our wedding reception at the Eiteljorg Museum. Freddie was our coodinator and was incredibly helpful throughout the entire process. She sat down with us at the beginning and outlined the planning process and what they would provide. We then came back for the tasting - this was an incredible feature that allowed us to sample many of the hor d'oeuvres, drinks, salads, entrees, sides and cake before setting our menu. Freddie also helped us to create a timeline for the evening and to plan all of the linens. The wedding planning process can be stressful, but not when working with Kahn's!

The food and service at the reception were amazing - Freddie even had plates of the appetizers at the head table since the wedding party arrived at the end of the cocktail hour and missed them. It was little details like these that made our experience with Kahn's so wonderful.

Sent on 11/20/2017

Adele · Married on 09/05/2015

Kahn's provided the most outstanding arrangement for our wedding! We had a platted dinner and our guests were blown away with the presentation of each course! The food was delicious and I loved working with Kahns throughout the planning process. The tasting was SO much fun!

Sent on 01/28/2016

Sajjad · Married on 04/11/2015

Both people I interacted with at Kahn's were excellent in understanding the particularities of our requirements and bringing it together. The event rolled out flawlessly, not least due to the team assembled by Kahn's.

Sent on 09/27/2015
  • User5420919 · 2+ years ago

We LOVED Kahns catering. Everything from our original meeting, to the planning process, to the final day was smooth and easy for us. They were very flexible with how the menu and incorporated several changes to suit our guest's needs. Everyone who attended our reception mentioned how phenomenal the food was and how helpful the staff was with anything they needed. I have already recommended Kahns to several friends and family members in the market for a caterer!

Sent on 09/09/2015

Kahn's Catering's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We are so glad that both you and your guests enjoyed the food and serviced provided to you at your wedding. We are honored you choose Kahn's Catering to be part of this momentous occasion in your life! We wish you a lifetime of happiness!

Samantha · Married on 10/25/2014

Joe H. @ Kahns is simply the best. Everything was perfect the day of the wedding--the food was excellent, linens beautiful, and staff very attentive. He runs a tight ship! Also, they worked very hard to accommodate my yeast/gluten allergy across the board--I didn't want anything at my wedding I couldn't eat.

Almost a year later, we still get compliments on our wedding, especially the food and wedding cake. Guests always say "I can't believe it was all gluten-free."

Kahns is also great on the planning side of everything. They are quick to respond with questions and recommendations. I think we took Joe's advice on basically all topics/issues that came up.

I know they are a little more on the expensive side, but are TOTALLY worth it. Both my sister and I had Joe as our Kahn's contact and both of us had fabulous weddings. I highly recommend!

Sent on 08/31/2015

Kahn's Catering's reply:

Samantha, thank you for your review. It was a pleasure working with your family for your wedding and your sister's. We are very happy you were pleased with the food and service provided for your wedding and hope you'll think of us in the future for other special occasions. Thank you for selecting Kahn's Catering for your celebration. - Joe Husar

Freddie at The Montage was amazing to work with! The food was great (according to my guest). We had served chicken and it wasn't that dried standard ballroom chicken either. My cake was everything I wanted! I only tasted it when we cut it but my guest loved it. I can't wait until our anniversary to eat the top tier. The BLT balls and shrimp cocktail are must.

Sent on 08/17/2015

Kahn's Catering's reply:

We hope your wedding was everything you envisioned and provides you with a lifetime of memories and stories to share with friends and family. Enjoy your anniversary cake! It's as great the second time you taste it, we promise!

Staff was awesome, helpful, pleasant and patient.

Sent on 08/18/2015

Rachel · Married on 09/28/2013

The food and service from Kahn's was AMAZING. Not only did the food taste great, but our menu choices were so unique- we had sushi as one of our main courses. Jenny was an amazing person to work with and was so attentive to my needs and questions. Every staff person we came across on our wedding day was so friendly and courteous, and we even had someone carry our food so we didn't spill. It was all in all amazing service.

Sent on 10/07/2013

Alex · Married on 08/16/2013

Being a vegetarian, they constructed and tested 5 different entrees during the tasting. they are super nice and made the best food!!!

Sent on 09/20/2013

Lindsey · Married on 08/08/2008

People are STILL talking about how great our food was! We received so many compliments on the food choices ~ people told us it was the best food they've ever had at a wedding reception. We had food stations ~ salad, carving, sushi and pasta. The only station I had any sort of complaint about was the sushi station ~ the rice was a bit hard. However, many people had the sushi and said it was awesome, so I could have just had a bad piece. There was PLENTY of food to go around and the presentation of the food was so pretty. I would recommend Kahn's Catering to anyone!

Sent on 09/28/2008

Katherine · Married on 10/07/2018

OMG! This food! On my wedding day, the one thing that I insisted on was that someone save me some of the hors d'oeuvres from cocktail hour, because they were SO GOOD! Also, we had only 2/3 the number of guests we had originally anticipated, so in order to meet food and beverage minimums we added a champagne bar and changed our dinner from stuffed chicken to fillet mignon. Everything was so delicious, and we got a free tasting night where we got to taste over 50 different foods and drinks from their menu. It helped quite a lot that we used the Montage as our venue, which is the venue that is attached to the catering building. It was all spectacular. We went with plated dinners, but the stations and buffets all looked pretty wonderful as well. Also, the cake was included and customized exactly how we wanted it! I would definitely use Kahns again if I ever wanted to plan another wedding.

Sent on 10/11/2018

Jennifer · Married on 08/18/2018

We worked with Heidi for the catering of our wedding. She was awesome! Very helpful in keeping me on task and updating me with when I needed to get things done. I missed the deadline for our tasting but she got us in and made things happen. She was over the top amazing with getting my "wants" to happen. We wanted to end our reception with milk and cookies for guests to leave with. Heidi and Chef made this happen for us. The only concern was at the reception, a VIP table-brides parents table-had a new server which spilled water on a guest and didn't know which glass to pour wine in. Luckily that was a minor issue in the grandness of our event. The food was wonderful, cooked to perfection and delicious. Thank you to Kahn's Catering and to Heidi for making our wedding full of our touches and a perfect night for our family, our friends, and us.

Sent on 08/26/2018

Valerie · Married on 10/24/2015

The team at Kahn's did an excellent job ensuring our wedding was a truly remarkable event and minor details were thought out.

During the planning process, our event manager Heidi and her team consistently impressed me with their attention to detail. They worked within our budget to deliver a reception that exceeded my expectations. I had a vision on a unique table arrangement (starburst banquets) - they accepted the challenge and executed on it perfectly. Heidi and her team were also helpful in coming up with creative ways to maximize our budget and the time we had with our guests. The end result left me, my husband, and our guests with smiles on our faces the entire night!

The service provided by the catering staff the evening of the event was equally impressive. Morgan, our captain for the evening, was superb. The rest of the team was also impressive.

Food: We have received so many compliments from family and friends on the quality and taste of the hors d'oeuvres and the entrees.

Cake wise - I was a little skeptical initially at having Kahn's provide the cake, but after tasting the samples, and seeing how they brought a picture I gave them to life with the design work, the end result was amazing and I couldn't be happier with the bakery.

There are a range of options to suit different budget and venues, and I was very happy with the value of the food and service we received. I would highly recommend attending the tasting events held quarterly so you have an idea of the service, can taste some of the options, and ask questions you may have about the event.

Sent on 12/03/2015

Kahn's Catering's reply:

Valerie, on behalf of both Heidi and Morgan, I want to express my gratitude towards your review of our service. Kahn's Catering prides itself on our professional staff, service, and trendsetting cuisine. Together they help create the magic of your wedding day. We also want to highlight that you were certainly on point and used our tasting to your advantage. Our tastings are a very special opportunity for those that book their wedding with us to truly experience our cuisine and service in a relaxed atmosphere. Presenting everything from cocktail hour to wedding cake, we hope this was an enjoyable part of your wedding planning process. Again, many thanks and a lifetime of happiness to you and your husband. - Joe Husar

Our food was so delicious! We were able to attend a tasting event to sample some of Kahn's catering's most popular items. We were able to pick out a few passed appetizers as well as have a couple stations for our guests. All of our guests raved about the meal and the cake; it tasted delicious! The wait staff was great and on top of everything including drink refills and clean-up. They were a little quick to pour our champagne flutes, but besides that, the meal was great and everyone had a wonderful time!

Sent on 07/16/2015

Kahn's Catering's reply:

Thank you for the kind words! We are so glad you were able to enjoy your reception and felt well taken care of by our staff. We wish you a lifetime of happiness!

Brenda · Married on 06/07/2014

Freddie Klagstad at Kahn's was wonderful in helping us get all the details right for the wedding. Guests said it was the best wedding food they ever had.

Cake was delicious too