Emily Chidester Photography Reviews

25 | Charlotte, NC

25 Reviews for Emily Chidester Photography

Bailey Hebrank · Married on 10/13/2018

Love love love

I'm sure every bride thinks their photographer is the best but seriously yall- Emily really is. The second we met for coffee, I knew she was the one and I'm so lucky to have found her after a chaotic and stressful search led me to her (everything happens for a reason!) Our day and even our planning process-- engagement photos, vision planning, etc-- would not have been the same without her and now I can say that I gained a friend out of the process, too! Wedding photography can certainly have a distinct look with editing but if you like her work, she is the one for you. she is beyond talented and was more than just my photographer. THANK YOU EM- you are simply the best!!

John · Married on 10/05/2018

Emily is an amazing photographer that helped us to capture our special day!

Asking Emily to be our photographer was, without a doubt, one of the best decisions we made. Photography is important to me, and this felt like a very big decision. So when I discovered Emily’s work - soft, intimate, ethereal, and aesthetically everything I wanted - I couldn’t wait to get in touch with her.

She then proceeded to bowl me over with her effusiveness, her approachability, and her genuine excitement to get to know us, our story, and our hopes for our wedding day. She really wants to make connections with the people she works with, and that care and enthusiasm carries over into every aspect of her work. She was always happy to chat with me by phone about the wedding: she even helped me work out the schedule for the day. By the time I actually met her, she felt like a friend. And on the day of our wedding, we couldn't have felt more comfortable with her. She really put us at ease, talking and laughing with us, and made our photo sessions so memorable and beautiful. And she was totally game to traipse through fields and woods with us: in fact, she encouraged it! And that’s just what I wanted.

In the end, she provided us with the most stunning, intimate, knockout images: I can’t emphasize enough what an amazing job she did. She captured the intimacy, the details, and the feel of our day in photos that really tell the story of our wedding - photos that feel relaxed and authentic, just like the day itself. Emily is a truly special person, and exceptionally good at what she does. She exceeded my expectations in every possible way, and then some. I feel very lucky to have shared my wedding day with her.

Jena · Married on 10/05/2013

Emily goes the extra mile, even for out-of-town brides. She's professional, from her equipment down to her appearance at your event. Naturally calm and inspiring personality.

Hailey · Married on 09/28/2013

I only have one word to describe Emily: incredible. From the very beginning, I felt that she was a friend and not just my wedding photographer. She was fast, professional, creative, but most importantly she treated me as if I was one of her best friends. As far as pricing goes, it is worth EVERY PENNY that I spent on my wedding package. To me, the moments she captured were priceless. She captured moments that I didn't even get to see. If you are contemplating whether or not to use Emily for your wedding, you will NOT be disappointed. And if you are still searching for the perfect wedding photographer, look no further. I would recommend Emily to anyone and everyone! Not only did I get a ton of beautiful images, I gained a new awesome friend!

Ana · Married on 08/30/2013

I cannot express enough how fabulous it was to work with Emily, and the superior quality of her photographs. My husband and I are both camera shy and she made it seem like a walk in the park. Moreover, the images were beautiful, stunning, and so very genuine and true. When I look back on the photos they capture perfectly the essence of that day, and the joy and happiness we felt along with our friends and family. Wedding photos can often seem so staged or contrived and Emily's photos simply speak the truth in the most beautiful way I have ever seen. We were so lucky to have found her. Also, other reviewers have noted her attention to detail down to the handwritten note and packaging that she sends the photos with. Agreed - she makes it all so very special. We love you Emily!!!! Ana and Brett

Samantha · Married on 06/01/2013

Photography was one of the most important things to us when it came to planning our wedding and I felt completely comfortable putting it in the hands of Emily. Her work is so beautiful and natural. I knew from the first time I saw her work that I wanted her to shoot our wedding. It doesn't hurt that she's also an absolute dream to work with. I was freaking out that morning because everything was so chaotic and she was the calming presence I needed. We loved working with her and we will treasure our pictures for decades to come. I can't say enough about this chick, she's amazing.

Alley · Married on 04/20/2013

I can't say enough about Emily Chidester. When I chose Emily to be our photographer, I didn't realize it would be one of the best decisions I made. I had a lot of requests in terms of photography and she was able to fulfill each and every one of them. I have never felt more comfortable having my photo taken and all of the pictures turned out beautiful. She helped make it a very special day. She is a true professional and a delight to work with. If you want the best, you have found it.

Calah · Married on 04/13/2013

Emily and I met in college, probably once? But that one time meeting her, I knew she was so real. She knows her stuff and makes beautiful work with her eyes and the click of the shutter. She's very talented and the day of my wedding went smoothly with her help guiding us. She has the best personality and makes the bridal party comfortable from the start! Her price is very reasonable especially for her amount of talent. Couldn't be more pleased with my pictures!
    Also, her packaging rocks.

Natalie · Married on 03/30/2013

Emily was amazing from the very beginning of the process to today. She was always quick to reply to all our questions and concerns. She made the whole session fun, laid back, and relaxing. Her ideas were inspiring, she even found a second location for shooting at the same place where part of The Notebook was filmed! She was great with using the surrounding elements, and used different techniques that put her photography on a completely different level. Not only were we over the moon about how fun and well our session went, we were elated when we got to see our finished product. Everything from quality to the packaging was perfect. You can tell when someone puts in hard work for what they are passionate about and that is definitely the case with Emily.

Emily has a very creative way of capturing not only moments, but the love between two people.

James · Married on 03/30/2013

My fiancé, Natalie, and I had our engagement pictures shot by Emily and we truly couldn't be happier with the way they turned out. Emily has such an incredible eye for photography and you can immediately see how passionate she is when she gets behind her camera. Not only is she an incredible photographer but she is such an amazing person and so much fun to be around. I was a little nervous before the shoot just because I'm not one to be comfortable with getting my picture taken, but Emily was so great about getting me to loosen up and be more comfortable with it. All in all, we had a wonderful engagement shoot, and now have gorgeous pictures to cherish and share with family and friends. We couldn't recommend a better photographer than Emily! :)

Meagan · Married on 10/27/2012

In all honesty, if you want your standard, posed wedding pictures do not choose Emily. But, if you're like me and want photos that have a soul and tell a story of your day, capturing the emotions of all the big and little moments, then you should choose Emily Chidester without a doubt. When I look back at my wedding photos, I don't just see pictures - i feel moments. And that can be so important when the photos are really all you have left of that special day.
    Her photography is not the only great thing about Emily. She is so easy to work with, very responsive, and very professional. She understood the style of my wedding and her photography emulated that. And everything she sent to us was carefully and creatively packaged with the cutest little details - which just goes to show how much she values her work and cares about you as a client.

Emily · Married on 08/25/2012

Hey Em! I loved having you as a part of my wedding. The only thoughts I would add is that I got you as a very discounted price (WHICH I AM SOOOO STINKIN' GRATEFUL FOR!!), and I honestly probably couldn't have hired you based on your normal asking price. :/

I love the cute packages you sent my images in. It was personal and professional. And we got some photos that are out of this world....so many people have complimented you on them and said 'that belongs in a magazine!' Props, gurl.

The only real "critique" I would add is regarding the actual images. I am an artist myself so I LOVE artistic photography, but in some of our bridal party girls/guys photos they looked amazing and everybody was smiling and happy, but their legs were cut off!! The backdrop behind us what cool and certainly added to the photo, but I wished I could've seen everybody full length. Less wall, more legs! :) But that's the only thing I would add....since you asked :) Thank you, Em! Hope business is rockin'....you sure do :D xoxoxoxo

Sent on 11/20/2012

Emily Chidester Photography's reply:

Hey Em!

Thanks so much for writing me a review, I truly appreciate it. I'm glad to hear you liked the packaging, and hopefully were happy with the pictures :)... sometimes with large groups like the one you had, it's hard to get close enough to see both faces and full bodies so they have to be cropped. But I'll definitely keep that in mind for future weddings!

All the best! Maybe I'll see you soon! :)

Ellen · Married on 08/05/2012

One word: AMAZING! I am very picky about photography, but when I saw Emily's pictures I had to have her. Not only is she the kindest and sweetest person in the world, but her pictures are incredible. Throughout the whole process she was more than accommodating and was so nice to work around my crazy schedule. Her photography is beautiful, and she did a wonderful job at all three photo sessions I had with her. If you get a chance to work with Emily, you NEED to or you will miss out. Every part of the experience was easy and stress free. She is by far the best vendor I worked with, and I am thrilled with her work. Trust me you will not be disappointed, Emily is absolute wonderful!!

~ Ellen McNeill ~

Kristen · Married on 08/04/2012

Emily provided the best services I could have ever asked for. I love her aesthetic and she is definitely a master in her craft. she definitely delivered a product that captured all the details I wanted! You will not regret your decision in choosing Emily!

Cameron · Married on 06/23/2012

Emily did our engagement session back in February and she is slated to do our wedding on June 23rd! I am so looking forward to it! Not only was she super professional during the engagement session, she was also able to keep both me and my fiance calm and at ease during the session so that our pictures turned out so genuine and did not look "forced" or "fake" like I have unfortunately seen some peoples pictures end up looking. Emily definitely has the found the perfect sweet spot between being artistic/creative and still capturing those traditional shots that every bride wants. Going in to plan my wedding, I was not sure what I wanted that day to look like, but the one thing I have always known I wanted to really invest in were the pictures from that day. The flowers will wilt, the cake will be eaten, and the decor will be taken down, but the pictures will last forever. I have been researching wedding photographers since before I even met my fiance, and I can say, hands down, that I am so pleased with my choice in Emily Chidester Photography, I know she will capture images that we will enjoy sharing with our loved ones for the rest of our lives!

• Kelci

Kelci · Married on 10/22/2011

To put it simply, Emily was incredible to work with from start to finish! From the very onset of our time spent working with Emily, my fiance and I knew that she was going to be able to capture our day exactly as we imagined it. She understood our vision, but also had the expertise and confidence to be able to guide us in how to even further enhance our dreams for the day.

When our wedding day came, Emily became an effortless extension to our event and instantly put our guests at ease. Everyone always tells you that your wedding day will pass by in a blur if you let it--and it's true. But the wonderful thing is that every time we revisit Emily's photos, we notice something new. Emily was able to capture so many of the tiny details and emotions of our wedding day and preserve them for us for many years to come. These are things that we'll always cherish.

In short, Emily offers her clients the professionalism necessary to instill confidence, and the passion and insight necessary to provide a wonderful experience. I can't recommend her enough!

Angie · Married on 05/22/2011

Emily has done our engagement and wedding photos. We love the body of work that she has created for us and we'll definitely seek her out for future photo shoots.

Stephanie · event on: 08/16/2011

Where to begin with the AMAZINGLY TALENTED Emily Chidester?

Emily and I met when we both worked for the same retail store back in 2010. She always told me that we needed to do a photo shoot and in March of 2011, I decided that it would be nice to have some portrait photos for my family. I was nervous, because I am no model, but as soon as I got in front of the camera, Emily made me feel at ease. Photo shoots can be intimidating and awkward when you are not a professional, but with Emily's expertise, I never felt vulnerable. Not only was I having fun, but she was too! It never seemed like she was "on the job." It was apparent that Emily truly enjoys her profession and strives to capture your beauty. Her talents don't end at taking pictures- She has a real craft at editing as well. I was so thrilled with how my photos came out that as a graduation gift for my younger sister, I scheduled another session for the both of us. My sister, Alison was very nervous about it but Emily even before the photo shoot would message us and we would discussed venues, clothes, colors, make-up, hair, everything! Emily involves herself from the very beginning, which made Alison feel automatically at ease. We had the best time! She has a very good sense of humor and would use that to capture our natural smiles and laughs and when the photos came out, you could tell that our expressions weren't forced, which is what made them so beautiful. Emily is not only a true professional, but a wonderful person and an absolute joy to work with. I know for a fact that I will be hiring her in the future - sooner rather than later. It is worth every penny because the end results are fabulous. Hiring Emily a no-brainer.

Samantha · event on: 10/14/2012

Love love love the photos of our engagement session!! Such an amazing photographer!!!

Nicci · event on: 09/20/2012

my event was a family photo shoot, and it was the best experience ever! emily is so perfect at capturing the moment you will want to remember forever. she is a doll to work with!!!
    I wish I could get married again just so she could shoot the wedding!

Kelly · event on: 10/07/2013

As a wedding photographer myself, I can't think of a more talented photographer than Emily Chidester. Her work is in a league of its own, and every image given will leave you gasping for more. We will cherish these images for the rest of our days. Hiring Emily is the best decision we could have made! We are left with big, overflowing, thankful hearts!

Emily Chidester did a fabulous job photographing my ceremony and reception! She captured all the intimate and fun moments during our wedding. With the blended families of the groom's and brides's side, large wedding party, and a crunched time schedule she managed to get it everything we wanted.

It was so wonderful seeing her pictures of things and people that I was not able to appreciate or even see with the craziness of the day. The first look pictures and the bride and groom pictures are stunning and genuinely showed our happiness and emotions of that day.

Her photographs are essentially timeless and are pieces of my wedding day that I will cherish forever.

Caitlin · Married on 11/17/2012

It was an absolute joy to work with both friend and photographer, Emily Chidester. Emily did our engagement and wedding photography. Not only did she have a vision that was personally designed around knowing me and my husband, but she was equally as excited as I was! Her passionate demeanor, unique perspective, along with the utmost professionalism are just a few of things I have to say about Emily and her work. I highly recommend Emily to be apart of your most memorable life events.

Katie · Married on 12/03/2011

Emily was absolutely amazing! She got all the shots we asked for and the edits were beautiful! She catered to whatever we wanted. We are so pleased! Highly recommend her!