Dreams Tulum Resort & Spa Reviews

12 | Cancun, MX

12 Reviews for Dreams Tulum Resort & Spa

• Audra

Audra · Married on 10/10/2020

Amazing! Everything was better then we planned and the staff ensure that you don’t have anything to worry about, we loved our day!

The most amazing venue. The atmosphere and staff are amazing. Victoria our wedding coordinator made sure everything was perfect and the whole wedding was beyond my expectations.

Sent on 10/17/2020

Natasha · Married on 07/06/2017

We got married at Dreams Tulum in July 2017, We picked the perfect place. We have been to a Secrets and Now and thought that Dreams combined all the amenities of an adult only hotel with a kid friendly hotel. The food is great and the drinks are on point. Their high-end alcohol was a plus for our guests who have a preference of Jonnie Walker Black. We picked Dreams Tulum because of its location. There are no hotels on either side and there are no people bothering you to buy something on the beach. The hotel isn't too large or too small. We had 130 guests at our wedding which did take over 1/4 of the resort. Mostly all of our friends have kids and everyone was happy with the staff, the food and the layout of the resort. The kids were always occupied, the parents were happy that the kids were having fun while they were having fun too. We got married over the 4th of July holiday and our friends and family loved the foam party. It was a great way to kick-off the holiday week and wedding. Our wedding planner, Nayeli, was great and helped us to pick out things to do leading up to our wedding. We did a tequila tasting, a beach party, wine tasting and had an indoor wedding reception. It was the biggest wedding Dreams Tulum has ever done and they did it with ease. Our friends and family were very impressed by the food at our events and expected the same food they get in the restaurants. The executive chef at Dreams is on point. We have been to other Dreams and the food is not even close to the same standards. Our friends and family felt they were at a wedding in NJ but instead had everything at Dreams Tulum while having fun on the beach. The staff was amazing for the wedding. We bought in 12 suitcases of things for the wedding from table numbers, to favors and this isn't including our wedding clothes! I was able to give everything to Nayeli and she made sure that things were setup properly. We even had an external vendor who did our decorating which she oversaw.

Sent on 02/07/2018

Chelsea · Married on 06/24/2017

Honestly, the wedding of our dreams was made a reality here! It was perfect in every way.

Sent on 07/09/2017

Samantha · Married on 11/12/2016

All I have to say is my wedding truly was everything I wanted plus more! Throughout the process there was some stress but once I got to the resort and spoke with Landy the wedding planner all of the dress disappeared. When planning the wedding it can be a little nerve wracking as you do not hear back right away. However, once you get there you see why as they have numerous weddings throughout the day. Therefore, when hearing back it would take a couple of days and sometimes a week but rest assure everything you request and ask gets answered and is all documented. Landy was incredible at having everything I had emailed her over the course of the months of planning this and when you meet you go over every detail and she will show you where everything will be. All I did was bring her a suitcase filled with everything and explained how I wanted different things lined up and she made sure it was done.

The only issue I had with this resort was with the group reservations. If you book your wedding party and guests as a group there is a perk as you get free nights free and free upgrades. The main issue I had was not hearing back from them for days at a time sometimes a week. I would send numerous emails asking about rooms and asking to add people to the reservation and would never hear back right away. I was transferred to 3 different people and each time when we finally had the room situation correct as soon as we would get a new person it would all be incorrect again, therefore I found myself emailing daily to ensure that everyone had the correct room and the upgrades were assigned to the correct person. After being switched around and emailing numerous times it eventually all worked out and was worth it as we were able to get family members free rooms and upgrades, however keep in mind that this may be your main sense of stress.

Overall the resort, venues, food, everything was absolutely perfect and my wedding was truly a dream come true.

Sent on 11/29/2016
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 10/28/2018

Hands-off, super fun beach wedding, perfect for our large party!

Overall I was super happy with Dreams as my wedding venue. We wanted a big wedding on the beach, where we wouldn't have to do a lot of the heavy lifting or party planning, and Dreams made it all happen for us with relative ease. We looked for venues that had relatively isolated beaches with some greenery, and Dreams is all by itself and surrounded by palm trees on both sides, which made for amazing photos. We chose Dreams mostly for its location (remote feel but easy to get to from Cancun) but also because we knew they threw a lot of weddings.
    Yesenia was a great wedding coordinator-- communicative (she speaks great English), responsive, and really helping us to get the best wedding and the best price for us. A lot of items on the Dreams wedding planning packet are ridiculously expensive (welcome to wedding planning), but there are ways around spending a fortune on lighting and flowers and Yesenia helped us navigate that quite well. The day of our wedding she was an absolute hero, changing the location of our wedding TWICE when it started to (completely unexpectedly) DOWNPOUR an hour before our ceremony. When it cleared up at the last minute, she marched everything right back to the beach so we could have the wedding we wanted. We had wanted our reception in the garden, but with the soggy grass we were moved to the Seaside Grill which honestly was probably a better reception venue anyway (no mosquitos). For reference -- we got married in late October, and we had clear skies every day for two weeks, except for our wedding day.
    Dreams really knows how to throw an event -- they were super professional, had great food (we had the Ultimate dinner buffet and everyone really liked it), and simple but effective decorations. Everything looked beautiful with no need to upgrade table linens, chairs, cake (people really liked the pineapple and vanilla but we never got to try it) or flower packages. We were expecting our maraca favors to be painted with our names and wedding date, and were a bit disappointed to see they were generic maracas with a paper tag tied around them with our names on it. Thought we had clarified that with Yesenia, but oh well, people loved the maracas anyway.
    We went with an outside photographer, which we were glad about, because although the resort photographers were good, their color balance always turned out weird (too bright) and they charge an arm and a leg for the original files. It was more cost-effective and better to pay the outside vendor fee and get a photographer whose work we knew we liked.
    Our Ultimate package included a video of our ceremony, which was pretty disappointing and badly edited. If you want a video of your wedding, get another outside vendor and you'll be glad you did.
    Aside from a 4-hour planning meeting when we arrived at the resort, we were pretty much able to sit back and enjoy our wedding, and our guests, for the whole week we were at Dreams. The best part of being at Dreams was not having to worry about anything -- they really took amazing care of us and gave us what we were looking for -- a beachside ceremony and a great, maintenance-free party with all our friends and family. Highly recommend!

Sent on 12/10/2018

K · Married on 11/13/2015

I got married here on 11.13.15. Nayeli was my coordinator, and she was wonderful! The resort staff is all very nice and goes the extra mile to help.

The spa was great! I did my hair in an updo and they did waterproof makeup. It stayed on all night. All my bridal party and MOB, MOG, etc had services and everyone looked wonderful. It's very obvious they know what they are doing.

Sent on 02/01/2016

3.0

Beautiful resort and the wedding planning staff is amazing. They do an incredible job with everything.

Sent on 12/28/2015
  • Mandy

Mandy · Married on 05/25/2013

Dreams Tulum is a great wedding venue for a large group! The wedding packages offer everything needed and make for a stress free bride. The wedding planners are great and take care of every little detail. I would highly recommend this resort for a beautiful beach wedding!

Sent on 09/22/2013
  • W

William · Married on 01/04/2014

4.2
      3.5

Dreams Tulum has a fantastic beachside property with lots of places to take some stunning photos. The beach ceremony area is perfectly suited for intimate ceremonies and receptions. The staff is friendly and supportive. We really enjoyed our wedding at Dreams Tulum and will always remember our special day with thanks to their staff.

Sent on 01/17/2014
  • Manny

Manny R. · Married on 05/17/2019

Maybe we were unlucky

Beautiful property with beautiful rooms. We had our wedding here and thank God we had a blast but that was about it. Our room was hot, out a/c unit did not function. We complained multiple times and had to end up just dealing with it and in Mexico this can be a serious issue. When talking to our guests no one had this problem but they other issues of their own. We were never offered to switch rooms. When they finally sent someone to look at the unit nothing changed. We slept every night sweating. I feel like we were unlucky but again our issue was never resolved.

Sent on 07/15/2019

Rebecca · Married on 03/21/2015

1.8
      2.0

If you do choose Dreams Tulum for your destination wedding, steer clear of Nayeli Calixto as your wedding planner—INSIST on anyone else. Even though I told her that we had two flower girls, she failed to tell me that a flower basket needed to be ordered. Come the day of the wedding, they had no flowers to throw. She was extremely rude and informed me this was my fault as I didn't order the flower basket. I would have had I known this was even a choice! She proceeded to remove flowers from my bouquet and I had to use a bag that happened to be in my room for the petals. Needless to say, this was a pretty awful experience minutes before I was to walk down the aisle. The location was absolutely beautiful but the rude service was unfortunate.

Sent on 03/23/2015

1.4
      0.5
      0.5
      2.0

Overpriced. We upgraded our wedding package, flowers, etc. - we did not get the flowers we paid for, we did not get the extra wedding canopy decorations we paid for. They like to charge you extra for EVERYTHING and then not provide it. The hotel staff were extremely rude. I would not recommend this hotel chain for a destination wedding, very disappointed.

Sent on 08/18/2015