Dream Weddings Riviera Maya Reviews

10 | Cancun, MX

10 Reviews for Dream Weddings Riviera Maya

• Adrea

Adrea N. 路 Married on 02/24/2020

Our wedding was truly a DREAM

Joyce and her team were indeed a DREAM to work with giving us the most amazing experience we could ask for! We live in Canada so we had originally thought about getting married in a resort where you pick and choose which package you would like and the resort would take care of everything. We decided against this when we heard you can fully customize your wedding at an off-site venue of your choice through an independent wedding planner.

I had spoken to 5 different wedding planners prior to choosing Dream Weddings Riviera Maya, Joyce being the last wedding planner I consulted with. Once I got off the phone with her, I Just knew she was the one for us. She was professional, had an answer to every question and explained what she does in an organized manner. She was sweet and bubbly and she was modest aswell as honest. I had also found out that the venue my husband and I had been dreaming about getting married at but never thought it would be possible, Villa La Joya, was a venue that Joyce plans many of her weddings at! And with this, we started planning our wedding with Joyce at our dream venue!

Once we started planning, she kept us organized and on top of everything. She made sure to give us one task at a time so to not overwhelm us. With every vendor for our wedding, she gave us amazing choices that she had worked with in the past and we went with many of the choices she gave us. Joyce was also welcoming of vendors that you find yourself. We had found our photographer through Instagram and told Joyce we would like them to shoot our wedding. She contacted them personally to make sure everything was good for us to have them shoot our wedding and when all was well, she gave us the go-ahead to plan with them. She always made sure everything was as easy as it could be for us.

And then came the wedding day. As most know, slip-ups can happen at weddings and it happens at many weddings. Brides get overwhelmed when they notice that one thing might be out of place or different than they thought it would be. Even though there were a couple mishaps (not because of Joyce and her team), I was not one of those brides who underwent any stress because Joyce and her team were ALWAYS on top of it to make sure that the bride and groom stay happy and at ease. I didn't even hear of any of this until days after the wedding, so when I say I wasn't stressed at all at our wedding, I really wasn't! Joyce managed every issue that came up and dealt with in herself, with my Mom or MOH, but away from me and I am so incredibly thankful for that because I got to enjoy every minute of our wedding!

Our wedding was the BEST night of our lives and we have Joyce and her team to thank for that. Every bride dreams up their idea of a perfect wedding but are scared for all of the work that comes with that. I was too, until I found Joyce. Never in a million years did I think I would have the wedding that we got and with such ease. It truly was my dream wedding and we wouldn't have wanted it any other way. Thank you, Joyce and team. We are forever and eternally grateful to you.

Sent on 05/22/2020

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya's reply:

Thank You so much Adrea for allowing us to be part of your special day! We wishing you and your hubby a wonderful life together 馃馃馃馃

Joyce and team

Leila 路 Married on 11/09/2019

Hiring Joyce was the best wedding decision we made!

I truly cannot imagine how we would have survived the past year of planning without Joyce. Hiring her was hands down the best decision we made for our wedding and she made us love every step of the process.

Responsiveness:
    A potentially overlooked but key requirement for a wedding planner is responsiveness. Joyce's communication made me feel like every week had the urgency of our wedding week. She replied to emails, phone calls, text messages dad and night, always the day of (no matter how many I sent... which was a lot). She did whatever we needed to feel comfortable. When we visited Mexico to plan, she organized everything and made the planning trips feel like fun.

Organization:
    Holy moly, I don't know how she does it. Joyce kept track of a million moving pieces, coordinated between 20+ vendors, all while only revealing the necessary information to the bride and groom to keep us sane.

Vendor management:
    Thanks to Joyce, I never once called a vendor or had an email exchange. Joyce managed everything which meant we had one point of contact and simplified our life immensely. She has also great relationships with vendors and they clearly love working with her. Her knowledge of options made it easy to customize exactly what we wanted.

Executing your vision:
    Joyce got to know us well over the year we spent planning and by the end, she knew exactly what we wanted and how to make that happened. Once Joyce understood our vision, she recommended a DJ that absolutely made our dance floor dreams come true and we never would have found it without Joyce. Finally, Joyce and her team are unbelievably kind and their smiling faces were the reassurance we needed on the big day.

Sent on 11/22/2019

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya's reply:

OMG thank you so much for your beautiful word, this truly made my day.

Thank you for allowing us to be part of your love stories , we cannot wait to see you for your 1st anniversary and Taco some more.

xoxo Joyce and team
  • Kurtis

Kurtis 路 Married on 06/08/2019

Joyce was a life saver!

We had Joyce with Dream Weddings Riviera Maya do month-of planning for us, and she helped with so much! We had already contracted all the major vendors, but we needed help finalizing decor, table arrangements, and keeping on top of all the little details and loose ends. With a week's notice she took what would have been a completely bland rehearsal dinner and made it fabulous. She created a fantastic seating arrangement and arranged all the details beautifully. All those loose ends we were worried about, she tied into elegant little sparkly bows. Every time I had a panic moment of "what about this... did we forget to address this?" she would respond with something like "I've already taken care of that, it's sitting in the venue coordinator's office in a box with your name on it, and I've notified such and such about doing the other thing you forgot to do." Mind you, my wife and I are wedding photographers with over 10yrs of industry experience. We knew what we were doing, but there were still just so many things to forget. Hire Joyce, just do it. But tell her everything you want from the start and just let her run loose, answering her questions when she has them. You'll be in great hands and have far less stress, with better results in the end. Thank you Joyce!!!! - Kurtis and Marci

Sent on 06/15/2019

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya's reply:

Thank you So much for your kind words , It was our pleasure working with you and wishing you and your wife a great life ahead of you.

See you soon in mexico

Ryan 路 Married on 01/05/2019

Joyce is amazing!

Joyce made our wedding perfect. She did an incredible job leading up to the event by answering our questions any time we had them. She has great relationships with local vendors and ensured we had the best of the best for food, service and location. Joyce did a great job on the day of coordinating logistics and making sure everything ran perfectly! She cares about her clients and we miss hanging out with her! Could not recommend a better person to help plan your special day.

Sent on 03/23/2019

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya's reply:

This simply melts our hearts Ryan, it was a pleasure working with you and your Mrs. We wish you both for a wonderful life together.

Hugs
    Joyce and the team

Rachel 路 Married on 05/29/2016

I don't know where to start in describing just how amazing Joyce and her team are. Planning a wedding in Cancun while living in California sounds like a hard task, but Joyce made it a piece of cake ( literally haha).

She was so organized and professional, and my wedding day turned out better then i could have ever imagined. so many people told me it was the funnest wedding they had ever been to. Every vendor that Joyce recommended was perfect, from the caterer to the DJ. On my wedding day, no matter what problem or situation arose, Joyce solved it immediately, whether it was drunk guests losing their purses in the sand to my groom knocking out his front teeth, Joyce had it handled. Joyce made planning a destination wedding so easy, and so worry-free. All i had to do was show up and tell her what i envisioned and she did the rest. I look at the pictures and it looks something from Pinterest or a bridal magazine, it was that good!

Sent on 06/02/2016

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya's reply:

The pleasure is all ours!! Thank you for trusting and my team to be part of your special day. we look forward to seeing you for your wedding anniversary . Joyce

Katie 路 Married on 02/15/2015

I'm from San Diego and my now husband and I decided to get married in the playa del carmen area. We never visited the area so it was a huge gamble.
    We decided to have the ceremony and reception at a private villa, not hotel. Since it wasn't at a hotel I needed an insiders viewpoint and help on caterer, dj, lighting, etc. I found the villa, flowers and photographer myself. Joyce and Melanie helped me find and put together the rest!

They were super organized and responded to all my emails pretty swiftly. They even helped my now mother in law pick a place for rehearsal dinner and answered many emails/questions from my dad.

We put everything together in 7 months for a 60 person wedding. I'm pretty laid back and on the day of the wedding I just told Melanie to do whatever she felt was best with the little problems that popped up. She did a great job. It was honestly the best day of my life! I guess at the end of the night Melanie was even going to all the tables trying to make sure everyone signed the guestbook!

The caterers food and service, dj and lighting were all exceptional! Everyone has been contacting me about how it was the best wedding.

Thanks again Joyce and Melanie! I'd definately recommend them for any bride. I honestly have no complaints. They gave me a great discount since I already found the villa, flowers and photographer. They are very personabe and think of everything.

Thanks again Joyce and Melanie!

Sent on 02/26/2015

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya's reply:

We are honored to have been part of your special day, Congratulation Mrs First and Looking forward to seeing you on your 1 yr anniversary.
    Joyce an Melanie!

Lyndsay 路 Married on 11/11/2014

Joyce was an absolute dream to work with. I had found her through this wonderful website and within a few days of contacting her, she had already arranged a Skype call to discuss our vision for our big day. She was always prompt with getting back to me regarding the zillion questions I had thrown at her (and trust me, some of the email threads were LONG). She was also extremely patient with getting back to me, as I am pretty neurotic and a Type A, so I would have tons of questions for her all the time and she was always replying kindly. She was excellent with her advice regarding things to incorporate, things to focus on or things to leave out and just awesome with general advice. Her trusted vendors were just awesome - They truly made our day one to remember. My husband and I really wanted to have a unique wedding and a private ceremony 鈥 it was really important to us and she made all of our dreams and hopes for the big day come to life. We still have people two weeks later commenting on how magical of a day it was and how well it was put together, which I can鈥檛 take none of the credit for 鈥 it was all Joyce. She has such an amazing talent coordinating and creating magical days for brides and if you are looking for a wedding coordinator, she is it. I鈥檓 actually going to miss emailing her every day, talking about wedding things and what not. Here is hoping we do move down there and I can help Joyce on the d茅cor side of planning in the future! 飦 Thank you Joyce for everything. I will be eternally grateful for our perfect wedding that you put together for us. You are such a blessing.

Sent on 12/16/2014

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya's reply:

Thank you so much Lyndsay for your kind words, it was an absolute pleasure to be part of your wedding day. Can麓t wait to see you for your 1 year anniversary.

Sara 路 Married on 11/07/2014

I worked with both Joyce and Melanie prior to my wedding in Akumal, Mexico. Both were extremely prompt in their email communication and were very professional and kind. I hired them as my day-of coordinator, but they helped with much more than that. I had a very specific musician in mind for my wedding ceremony and they went out of their way to get in contact with him when I couldn't. They also helped me with the equipment rental, which was very helpful as the vendor did not speak English well. On the day of the wedding, Melanie was perfect. She arrived on time and made sure that everything was in its place - just as we planned. As I was getting my hair and make-up done, she made sure to give me a quick update as things were happening ("Sara, the flowers have arrived."). She kept me stress-free and everything went off without a hitch. My mom was especially pleased with Melanie, and told me many times how happy she was that we chose Dream Weddings Riviera Maya. I would highly recommend Joyce and Melanie. They really made my dream wedding come true!

Sent on 12/12/2014

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Sara, happy everything was smooth for your wedding day, can麓t wait to see the professional pictures.

Sara 路 Married on 11/07/2014

Sent on 12/19/2014

Rachel 路 Married on 05/31/2014

Joyce and Mel were simply fenomenal!!! They were extremely organized and in touch during the entire wedding planning process, making every effort to, and succeeding in, finding exactly what we were looking for (they even helped create things we wanted but couldn't find!) They were super friendly and always tried to keep any planning stress to a minimum ;-) On the big day, we had to deal with unexpected rain and they handeled the situation extremely professionally, making sure Plan B was carried out smoothly, and making sure the bride and groom didn't lose it given the inclimate weather! All of our guests kept saying how helpful they were before and during the wedding, they never missed a beat! We could not have been more pleased with both of them.

Sent on 02/08/2015

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya's reply:

Thank you for allowing us to be part of your special day it was our absolute pleasure! hope to see you on your 1st anniversary :)

Joyce and Mel