Designed Elegance Reviews

9 | Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

9 Reviews for Designed Elegance

• User3390085 · 1+ year ago

My daughter and all of her bridesmaids looked absolutely stunning. Emily listened carefully to each of their visions and created the hair and makeup they envisioned. I was amazed how beautiful the all still looked at the end of the evening. I highly recommend this service.

Sent on 07/19/2013

Kinsie · Married on 08/13/2016

I got married in August and I used Designed Elegance to do our airbrush make up. Because Emily already had an event that day, she helped coordinate two amazing women to come to our location venue and help out! Dara and Randi were the dream team! Very sweet and easy going personalities and they were able to get through 10 ladies no problem! They showed up a little early and were ready to go in a matter of minutes. They even finished a bit ahead of schedule and went back through for final touch ups!
    I did the bridal package for myself, so Randi also did my hair styling. A few months before I officially booked for the wedding, Emily set up a trial run for my hair and make up so that you can get a feel for what it would be like on the big day. Randi was awesome! She did a great job making everything that I envisioned for my hair style reality.
    The day of the wedding, Dara did my make up and she was an absolute doll! The airbrush make up turned out stunning on everyone! Also, it was so hot on the day of the wedding (like 100 desgrees) and all of the wedding took place outside. All night I kept getting asked if I was even sweating at all because my make up looked just as fresh as it did when they first saw me walk down the aisle.
    Finally, working with Emily was so great! She coordinated everything and that took so much stress off of me! She was very professional and kind through out the process. After my initial trial run, when I provided a bit of feedback, she immediately addressed any concerns and questions that I had, and it made the day of the wedding run flawlessly.
    I fully recommend Emily and anyone that works for her. Between their amazing personalities and great make up skills, everyone in my wedding party felt and looked amazing. Thank you so much! I can't wait to hire you for anything and everything in the future!

Sent on 09/24/2016

Patti · Married on 09/05/2015

I am so happy that I chose Emily to do my hair and makeup for my wedding day. She made me feel comfortable from the moment I walked in for a hair trial. This was my second marriage, so I was not the typical younger bride. I was hoping someone could make me feel beautiful (and 10 years younger if possible). I got everything I hoped for. Emily tried two different looks for me. What I really wanted was an undo and even though I didn't have super long hair....Emily made that updo look full and beautiful. I loved the natural look of the air brushed makeup and Emily made my eyes look amazing....and it lasted for the whole evening! You can tell that Emily really loves what she does...and she uses that love and talent to make every bride look beautiful.

Sent on 09/29/2015

Jennifer · Married on 07/25/2015

Emily was amazing!! She did my hair and makeup for my wedding in July and I felt so beautiful!! Emily is so wonderful to work with, really responsive, and very willing to listen to what your ideas are. For my trial I briefly chatted about my thoughts for my day of look and she nailed it!! I was floored! She did my makeup and hair for my rehearsal and she was lovely! My hair and makeup was different from my bridal look but I still looked fabulous and I love loved my hair! Day of she and her colleague did all of my bridesmaids,my mom, my flower girl AND me. So I spent the whole morning of with her and she was SO great, she has such a calm personality that I really appreciated day of. Emily was THE perfect choice for my wedding. All my bridesmaids loved their hair and makeup and she made me look even better than the trial run... she also helped smooth out a bit of a sunburn I had gotten!! Her attention to detail, her skill, professionalism and her lovely personality just really made my day! I can't say enough great things! I would book her again in a heart beat!

Sent on 08/14/2015

Nikolynn · Married on 04/25/2015

Emily offers great service while thinking about the bride's pocketbook. I searched high and low and finally came across Designed Elegance and couldn't be happier! She was so sweet and professional. I loved how comfortable she made me, it was like I was a close friend and that made me feel very special on my big day. Her work and attention to detail was superb. She made sure I was completely happy and satisfied with my hair before she left. She is an absolute gem! I'm so glad I decided to go with her, she made me look breath taking!

Sent on 06/08/2015

Juliana · Married on 10/26/2014

Emily did my hair and makeup for my wedding as well as my mom's hair and makeup. She made us look FLAWLESS. She is extremely talented and I was so happy I found her!

Sent on 03/07/2015

Caryn · Married on 05/31/2014

Emily did my hair and make-up for my wedding and she was absolutely amazing!! The airbrushed make-up is so light and natural and stayed perfect all night long (no matter how many kisses were given haha). I've never felt more beautiful than on my wedding day. Also Emily is so easy to communicate and work with. She came to my house for the trial which was so convenient and was so responsive to all my million emails. She is also so sweet and friendly. It was such a joy to have her in the bridal suite with us on the big day. I would highly recommend Emily to any of my friends getting married or just wanting to look beautiful for a special event!

Sent on 09/04/2014
  • Casey

Casey · Married on 05/18/2013

Emily of Designed Elegance is so good at what she does. She made me feel like a princess on my wedding day. She was flexible and willing to do exactly what I wanted. She worked so hard to make everything perfect and it all turned out beautifully.

Sent on 06/18/2013

4.2
      3.5
      3.5

Emily was great to work with, she made sure I was perfect on my wedding day. She also made sure she changed anything that we were not happy with on our makeup. She was also very quick to respond to emails and was extremely flexible. My only complaint was her assistant/sister, Annie. Annie was sweet as pie but I did not believe the quality of work was worth the money that we had paid. The work that Emily had done was fantastic but Annie's work did not meet my expectations and was also a disappointment for my girls. They ended up having to fix their hair later on in the day.

Sent on 10/24/2014