Deco Catering KC Reviews

Deco Catering KC 5
Deco Catering KC 6
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 12/08/2018

BEST FOOD - Everyone could not stop raving about the food!

Jen and the Deco Catering team were just amazing. We hired them for our rehearsal dinner and our wedding and we can not speak highly enough about them. Everyone seriously could not stop raving about the food! Jen was so easy to work with and was so accommodating of all my crazy requests (mac and cheese bar + tacos)! If you are thinking about going with them for your wedding or event - DO IT.

Sent on 01/15/2019
    Deco Catering KC 11
    Deco Catering KC 12

Hillary · Married on 09/08/2018

Deco was amazing!

Jen and her staff were amazing to work with. They provided fantastic service and went above and beyond in helping us set up the venue for our September wedding. They were extremely professional and timely on responses. Everyone raved about the food, especially the bacon wrapped dates! Thank you so much to Jen and the DECO crew!!

Sent on 12/20/2018

Ben · Married on 09/08/2018

Great Experience

Great food, easy to work with, very professional

Sent on 12/20/2018

Joshua · Married on 07/21/2018

Jen at Deco Catering was amazing to work with for our wedding. The food was amazing aswell as her professionalism! Would definitely recommend her events!

Sent on 08/28/2018
  • Nat

Nat · Married on 07/21/2018

Food that is to die for....

Deco is just amazing! It was just a house or too down from the church and the reception and on our venues preferred vendors list. This is how we found out about them. When we sat down for a tasting.... the food did the talking! Jen is an amazing chef! She is willing to make essentially anything. Not many caterers can say that. We ended up having chicken cordon bleu and her cherries in pork, mashed potatoes, house salad, green beans and bread. However, the house salad was probably my favorite part. Absolutely delicious! Everything is in season and from local farms. I can't say enough about the food and how professional the team was. Jen was constantly responding to my emails. Super easy to work with!

Sent on 10/21/2018

Sara · event on 10/21/2016

Jen and her team at Deco couldn't be better to work with! This was the second time my organization has used them at our annual fundraiser and we will keep coming back. Jen is creative, responsive, easy to work with and one heck of a great chef! I particularly love that she sources locally when possible and has been able to work in certain specific items when we ask. Thank you Jen!!

Sent on 11/03/2016

Deco catering did an absolute fabulous job. They responded quickly to questions an on the day of the event I could not have ask for better service. The food was amazing and her staff was awesome.

Sent on 08/25/2015

Midori · event on 06/12/2015

Jen Stoppel and her staff were very responsive and helpful from our first meeting through the end of the event. They were accommodating to a last minute location change, and provided excellent service and great food. We would highly recommend Deco Catering for any event.

Sent on 06/15/2015

Scott · Married on 05/17/2015

It was a pleasure to work with Jen at Deco Catering. She was responsive, professional, and very helpful. The food was great. The method of doing the cooking offsite and then serving it through the truck did not result in a loss of quality. By doing it this way, the line can move more quickly than if each item is being prepared on the spot in the truck. The rest of her team at Deco Street Eats were quite pleasant as well. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend using them for many kinds of events.

Sent on 12/11/2015

Lynn · Married on 05/15/2015

As a mother of the bride I cannot say enough positive things about Jen and the crew at Deco catering. After contacting and meeting with several catering companies in Kansas City, from the initial phone call to the event, Deco catering came through for us. We had a wedding event of 200 people and wanted a meal, Kansas City style. I did not want to worry about anything. I also am not made of money so a "blank check" affair was not an option. I wanted to give our guests a great "sit-down" dinner within a budget and Jen worked tirelessly to make this happen. My daughter e-mailed her with multiple questions and changes throughout the process and Jen responded to her very quickly and made everything happen just the way she wanted. I could not have been happier. It was wonderful. The day of the event they showed up with a fantastic meal and dessert bar that made the event. They worked with the venue and the other vendors very professionally. If I remember correctly, Jen and I were the last to leave that night. From beginning to the end she was there with me. I seriously could not say enough good things about Deco. I have another daughter who will be getting married in a few years and there is no question on who will cater the event....It will be Deco Catering.

Sent on 11/12/2015

Ronni · Married on 09/20/2014

Deco catering was wonderful! Jen helped me in every possible way. She was very helpful and accommodating. She made our special day even greater! Out of all vendors we used she was definitely the most helpful and reassuring. I couldn't have asked for a better caterer.

Sent on 10/20/2014

Excellent Service. Very accommodating. Very professional. Excellent, Fabulous Food!!

Sent on 12/22/2014

Suzanne · Married on 05/16/2014

Deco is amazing! Our food was the talk of the wedding reception, everyone loved it. The Deco team worked with our tastes & needs and created a menu that really wow-ed our guests. I had a crazy idea to serve donuts instead of cake to pair with our coffee bar set up at the Roasterie. Deco's team went above and beyond and brought in donuts from all over the city, setting them up on tier-ed platters to resemble cakes. I can't say enough good things - we were very happy with Deco.

Sent on 08/05/2014
  • Kelsea

Kelsea · Married on 07/06/2013

YUM! You know the food was good when your guests are asking for leftovers before the wedding is even over! Our selections, which Deco was wonderful about helping us decide upon, matched the evening perfectly and I was never even remotely concerned about temps, tastes or flavors. I trusted Deco and they delivered! The place settings were perfectly laid out and the staff was extremely polite. On top of all this, Deco was wonderfully quick with emails, which I appreciated so much. I'd hire them again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 07/30/2013

Stephanie · Married on 04/06/2013

Absolutely loved working with Deco Catering. They were right next door to our venue but I would have used them anyway. The tasting was delicious- they hold nothing back! Terri was wonderful to work with. Very prompt and professional. The food was amazing and our guests continue to let us know. My family now tracks down the Deco Food truck because it was so delicious! Reasonably priced and a great selection of food. I could go on- but just contact them! PS - among our options my favorite was the meatloaf, mac and cheese and green beans :)

Sent on 07/16/2013

Liz · Married on 08/13/2011

Mother/daugther team, Terri and Courtney, did a phenomenal job catering our wedding reception! We received many compliments from our guests on how good the food was. Terri and Courtney were extremely easy to work with and their food was reasonbly priced. I would recommend them to everyone!!!

Sent on 08/21/2011

Aiden · Married on 07/22/2011

Working with Courtney from Deco was great, she was easy to get a hold of and very receptive of our wants and our tight budget. We had ravioli, chicken picatta, asparagus, garlic mashed potatoes and salad as our dinner for the reception and it was wonderful. The one downfall was that the pieces of chicken picatta were much larger at the reception than they were for the sample, and were a little dry. (I would confirm exactly what the food will be like prior to prevent this). On the day of the wedding, the staff was wonderful. All of the food looked great and tasted wonderful. We had completely forgotten that one of our groomsmen was allergic to gluten; I informed a staff member and they took care of it right away and recommended to him what he could have, making us feel very comfortable. The staff even cut some of the cake for us as a nice gesture (since we didn't pay for them to do a cake cutting). The price was also incredibly affordable for what we got. Every aspect of working with Deco was great and I would recommend them to any bride/groom without hesitation!

Sent on 08/15/2011

Katie · Married on 06/25/2011

Deco catering was so great to work with! As a bride planning my wedding from out of town, I was a bit stressed as to how things would work out. Courtney and her team did an amazing job! We still (4 months later) have people tell us how amazing the food was!

Sent on 10/27/2011

Amy · Married on 03/05/2011

AMAZING caterers!!!! Incredible food and beautiful presentation! We had such a positive experience with Deco Catering, from the beginning all the way through to the end. Courtney and her staff were always friendly and professional, and we found them to be extremely accommodating of our needs. They were very flexible in working with us to get just the right menu, and the food was FANTASTIC, especially the mashed potato bar. We received so many compliments on the food from our guests; everyone gave Deco rave reviews. We are proud to recommend Deco Catering to anyone and everyone for your catering needs. This written recommendation does not do justice to the great experience we had with Deco. Please give them a try; you will be glad you did.

Sent on 04/10/2011

KN · Married on 10/10/2010

The ladies at Deco were extremely easy to work with, respectful of what we wanted to create, and totally professional and amazing at the wedding itself. Most importantly, the food was delicious and beautiful. We originally chose Deco because of their eco-friendly ethic, but would hire them for an event again in a heartbeat because of their fantastic service and food.

Sent on 11/01/2010

Liz · Married on 10/09/2010

Deco Catering was great. The food was delicious and beautiful. Courtney was always quick to respond to any questions we had. The mousse cones were so delicious, I could have eaten a whole tray myself. They were professional, prompt and efficient in their setup, and didn't cause us any drama at all. They even made sure me and the husband made it through the catering line and got something to eat.

Sent on 02/15/2011

Shannon · Married on 09/04/2010

Deco was fantastic- they created a custom menu for our event, kept in communication through the event and worked with us when 24 extra guests showed up without RSVPing. I would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 09/12/2010

Kari · Married on 07/24/2010

Many compliments from our guests on the food! Deco was extremely accommodating. They were able to provide a family dish at our reception. The bacon wrapped dates were a hit!
    Courtney responded to all of our emails and worked to provide an excellent meal. She took care of any last minute concerns and on the week of my wedding, she made sure that I did not have anything to worry about.
    I would highly recommend Deco for weddings and other events. They know what they are doing.

Sent on 08/05/2010

Elizabeth · Married on 05/30/2010

Deco Catering is one of the BEST choices we made for our wedding. Courtney was so easy to work with and really helped us put our personalities into our menu choices. Most importantly, the food for our wedding was amazing and we received nothing but compliments about Deco. Almost as important as the food, the service could not have been better, both at the wedding and before. Our guests really appreciated the wok action station and thought it was unique to showcase the chefs at work. Prior to the wedding, Courtney was always available for my questions, concerns and requests. It was rare that an email went unanswered longer than 12 hours. Further, Deco's presentation was beautiful - very modern and it certainly wasn't the typical chafing dish buffet you see at almost every wedding. I would certainly recommend Deco catering to any bride.

Sent on 06/07/2010

Rees · Married on 05/30/2010

My wife and I used Deco catering for our 2010 wedding and they were fantastic. Unfortunately, we were so tied up with greeting everyone, taking pictures, and speeches that we never tried the food. Everyone at the wedding said it was the best catering they ever had. So for our 2 yr anniversary I asked Courtney to put together some appetizers to supprise my wife. Courtney remembered our wedding and the food we had. She made everything we missed out on and my wife was completely surprised. Our friends were right, the food was amazing.

Sent on 06/01/2012