Darwin M. Garza Photography Reviews

35 | San Francisco, CA

35 Reviews for Darwin M. Garza Photography

Dennica · Married on 06/30/2018

ABSOLUTELY STUNNING WEDDING PHOTOS, while having the opportunity to work with such a talented and sweet phpotographer and team! Darwin was one of the photographers that was recommended by our venue, and while we spoke to the others, and researched quite a few on our own, Darwin stood out to us on so many levels. When we were first speaking to him and meeting with him, he has this very calming and professional demeanor which is so important for such a stressful and busy day! He made our meetings on our schedule and was always so prompt to respond to our inquiries. We even had our engagement shoot with him and had so much fun, from his awesome location suggestions, to giving us tips on outfits and poses! On the day of, he was there as the bride and bridal party got ready and even took his team to the groom and his family getting ready. At the ceremony, you couldn't even tell he was there,

Sara · Married on 02/18/2018

Darwin was wonderful. We hired Darwin for our wedding based on his high ratings and value. And boy, were we right. Darwin made us feel comfortable, listened to our requests for photos, and got lots of shots. We loved the photos; they were beautiful. We look forward to using Darwin again for our next set of photos!

Manelki · Married on 12/16/2017

Darwin was an absolute pleasure to work with. Not only was his prices reasonable he was so flexible and approachable. He made us feel comfortable and directed us so we didn't feel like newbies. The pictures turned out great. He also accomodares our requests to change the scheduled date due
    To the weather. Definetly recommend him for all your photography needs!

• Z

zarah · Married on 06/03/2017

Darwin is simply amazing. Our experience was fun and at the same time it was done in a professional manner.

Taylor · Married on 06/03/2017

Darwin is absolutely amazing! He was responsive and read my mind won all the pictures that I wanted to be captured on our special day. He is very personable and so professional. He definitely knows what he is doing and to capture the perfect shots. 100% recommend!

Joan · Married on 10/31/2016

I absolutely loved working with these photographers. Their customer service is amazing and their price is reasonable. You will not be disappointed with Darwin M. Garza Photography.

Annie · Married on 09/25/2016

Darwin was a dream to work with! He was very knowledgeable on how to pose to make our photos look great! He even did my Civil Ceremony!! I wanted the beautiful shots of the building and he captured it. He captured the emotions of the actual ceremony too which i am very grateful for. He's professional, punctual, and worked really well with my videographer on the day of my wedding. I am so glad i found him! I will recommend him to all my friends and family!! Thank you Darwin!!!

Simoan · Married on 06/06/2015

Darwin did a great job at my husband and I wedding. We couldn't have asked for a better photographer. He is professional and flexible. He definitely knows what he's doing. We would recommend him to other people and will use him again for other events.

Darwin and Heather is simply amazing, from start to finish their professionalism is amazing.
    We loved our engagement pictures, Darwin truly has a gift of putting people at ease.
    On our wedding day they helped keep our wedding timeline on track.
    The pictures they sent us as teases was so fabulous I can not wait to see the rest.
    I would not hesitate in hiring them all over again.

Very professional, accommodating, generous, kind, friendly and excellent service.
    He is very kind and understanding to all of us in negotiating,and of course during engagement shoot, wedding ceremony and venue. We felt so blessed to have him in our special day. Much kudos to Darwin and his wife Heather. We appreciate your business. Thank you and we will recommend you to our friends. God Bless.

JOAN · Married on 08/24/2013

I'm usually wary about choosing vendors based on personal relationships as we wanted to ensure every detail was accounted for. I knew Darwin and Heather through close friends. However, my husband and I could not complain about anything! Both were very professional from the moment we had contacted them. From paperwork, scheduling, and providing us with things we should take note of. Also, my husband and I are VERY camera shy and AWKWARD. During our engagement photo session Darwin took the time to help us get comfortable. One thing we truly appreciated was that he was honest in the pictures he was taking as well (if you are taking pics to show you'd want someone to point out if there is something in your face, eye, etc.!). Given that we were in a time crunch our engagement photos were taken a little over a month before the wedding. DMG made sure they provided the photos right away so we can use some in our wedding. On the day of the wedding both Darwin and Heather were very flexible. We had an early mass with a gap to the reception we also had a large amount of family/ guests (over 200). They were very organized, professional and courteous! They were able to adjust their schedule to include capturing everything we wanted. They also provide "teaser" photos pretty quickly online which is great as I've heard horror stories about recieving wedding photos so late. What we loved most about the duo was their excitement in capturing the perfect shot!

DMG Photography was our first vendor we picked. Based on only his work I knew before we met him we were going to book them. We met with Darwin back in August a year before our wedding and booked him right on the spot. He is professional, has a great working demeanor, friendly and most of all is good at what he does. As a wedding professional myself I knew how important it is to have good vendors and DMG photography is one of those vendors. I had so much faith in Darwin and his work that my husband who is also a wedding DJ, we both refer DMG to our own clients for their weddings. With seeing only our sneak peaks so far I am in love with our photos. Darwin was willing to take some non-traditional photographs that we wanted without hesitation, even though they may not have been his style. Darwin works with the Bride and Groom to ensure the captures exactly what the couple wants and then some. My husband and I will defiantly be using Darwin again.

Reema · Married on 06/02/2012

Our experience with Darwin and Heather was unbelievable. From beginning to end, Darwin's professionalism was evident in all aspects of the process. He made my husband and I comfortable throughout all our decision making. Darwin was on time on everything we agreed upon, as well as going above and beyond on our wedding day to ensure we had a stress free evening. The quality of the work he produced is amazing, he truly knows what he is doing. The photos he took were beautiful and definitely captured the moment. We would recommend DMG Photography to any person who is interested in receiving excellent customer service and life long memories.

• Kat

Kat · Married on 11/12/2011

We decided to hold our destination wedding in Cabo during the hectic 11.11.11 weekend. Needless to say we had some difficulty finding a local photographer in Cabo for a reasonable price. I found Darwin on a random internet search and decided to take a chance. He gave us a more than generous rate because it was his first destination wedding shoot. Darwin was always easy to reach and highly professional. He met with me three times before the wedding and was open to my ideas regarding the concept of the shoot and the style we wanted.

Darwin and Heather, his wife/second shooter, completely met our expectations and did an amazing job. He did his research before our wedding weekend and make sure he got the right paperwork and researched different locations. He also loves to take pictures, which is a plus. During the five days we were there we had 4 separate photo shoots. That would have cost me a FORTUNE with other photographers. My now husband and I actually didn’t want to do the last photo shoot (we were extremely tired) at Lover’s Beach but at the last minute agreed to it and we are so happy we did. The photos are stunning!

Overall, DMG was a saving grace. Our guests continually remarked how nice and friendly they were. In addition, they were like “ninjas” during our wedding –they never got in the way. I highly recommend them. Thanks again Darwin and Heather –I can’t wait to see the rest of the photos ;-)

Erica · Married on 10/15/2011

After countless hours and about 6 meetings with other photographers my fiance and I didn't know if we would ever find a photographer for our wedding. I came across Darwin on weddingwire.com one late evening. I loved his style of photography so I set up an appointment. Joe and I were crossing our fingers going into our meeting with Darwin that he would be our photographer. Darwin had this very nice presence about him and he was very professional and it was important to us that we clicked with the photographer and we did with Darwin.

Joe and I left there with smiles on our faces knowing this was our guy! Throughout the whole process of the wedding planning we were impressed how Darwin was just so professional and he answered all of our questions when we had to email him. When it came to our wedding day Darwin and his wife Heather were amazing, they compliment each other and to see the two in action is pretty amazing. My father-in-law couldn't get over the cameras and equipment Darwin and his wife were using. I guess really to make a long story short Darwin and his wife are a Godsend! Joe and I have seen sneak previews of our picture an his Facebook page and couldn't be happier with the outcome. We are looking forward to seeing the rest!

Rochelle · Married on 09/05/2011

Darwin and Heather did an AWESOME job in capturing our wedding day. We had a certain vision for our photos and Darwin and his team were able to deliver. During the wedding, they were able to take all "necessary" photos and many more. They were not only professional photographers, but they also ensured that they met the personal needs of the groom and bride. There were numerous times when Heather helped me (the bride) carry my bouquet, dress, or veil so I would not fall. Darwin constantly asked if we were doing ok throughout the entire photo sessions. They were able to time our photos to make sure that events were not conflicting during the wedding. They not only captured both traditional and non-traditional shots. I mean, who does a "funny" pose with 7 pairs of elderly sponsors.
    We would HIGHLY recommend Darwin M Garza Photography.

• Candace

Candace · Married on 08/27/2011

Ninja's, Ninja's. That's what Darwin and his team were described as during the event. I have seen weddings where the photographers are getting great shots but are constantly in everyone's way and pretty intrusive. Not Darwin and his team. Everyone said they were stealthy Ninja's who just appeared at the right time. We didn't want that many posed photos, and all night I saw Darwin just shooting those perfect, natural moments that just sort of happen. He listened so well to every request we had, even the silly ones. Our engagement shots were so amazing that I have no doubt the wedding photos will far surpass my expectations. He was fun to work with and had some great creative ideas for photos that I'm sure will be so wonderful. Oh, and did I mention that he climbed steps and basically did a one handed hang off a building to get a killer shot. Yeah, he's that dedicated.

Darwin thank you so much for everything it was an amazing day. You were both so fun and you both did a wonderful job.

Judy · Married on 02/26/2011

Darwin has been great to us in both our wedding planning and on wedding day. He's truly knowledgeable, and a great calm presence when you're trying to take 20 different family pictures in 3 languages in 20 minutes! His photography style is versatile and no-nonsense. He captured our wedding day in all it's emotions, colors, and special moments. What surprised us is how little we noticed him and Heather hovering around taking photos all day! True professionals.

We saw a preview of our wedding photos, and they were spectacular! We can't wait to see the finished product!

Rena · Married on 11/06/2010

It's been almost a year since our wedding and every time I look at our pictures I can't help but smile. Not only about the day itself, but the WONDERFUL experience we had with Darwin and his wife. From our initial consult meeting through our engagement session and wedding day they were prompt in replying my emails, professional, friendly, and really went above and beyond to help make our experience a joy. Also, they are talented at what they do- I have the pictures to prove it and I highly recommend them!

Tania · Married on 09/19/2010

Darwin is amazing, first let's start with our enegament session he did such wonderful job, he worked with our schedule for our engagement photos. We got our pictures at a good time and they were beautiful he has an amazing eye for photos. Our wedding day, it was very peaceful. They were on time they took so many candid shots, which I enjoyed. he and his wife took gorgeous pictures. My husband and I are very pleased with his work. I recommend him in a heart beat you will be very happy every time you look at your special day.
    Tania

• dreadrakins

Andrea · Married on 07/23/2010

I totally recommend Darwin and Heather, they're great!!! I'm still waiting for my wedding pictures, but I LOVED our engagement pictures. They were very professional and the cost is AWESOME!!!!

C'Anne · Married on 05/22/2010

Darwin was wonderful! He was so easy to work with. He took the time to find out what it was we were looking for in our photographer, and he made sure to capture everything that we wanted. His pictures are amazing, and DEFINITELY worth it! Our engagement session was done a couple of months before the wedding. This was a great time...not only were our pictures fantastic, but it was a great "getting to know you" session.

Darwin was prompt, responsive, and professional. He really went out of his way to ensure that we had what we wanted. And the product is beautiful! Darwin really took his time, and looks at his work as an art - which it is! We definitely recommend him to anyone, and we would love to work with him in the future on non-wedding pictures as well!

Patricia · Married on 04/06/2010

Darwin and Heather were so wonderful, they were the best photographer I've found so far. He has an artistic eye for capturing our most important moments. The professionalism, the passion and the meticulous attention can be found in working with him. The session only lasted for 2 hours, but he had taken care of any detail that I hardly find anything he could have missed. He was also an outgoing, talkative person, whenever we had doubts, he was patient in explaining it. Now when we browse the photos, we couldn't have forgotten what he had done for us.

AnaMaria · Married on 11/27/2009

My husband and I found DMG Photography by searching on the internet. We typed in "affordable wedding photography" and found a link to a listing on Craigslist SF Bay Area. The prices for the different wedding packages were reasonable and the sample pictures on his website were awesome. We wanted to find out more about this business so we called the number and spoke to the owner,Darwin Garza. He met with us right away and discussed his love of photography and his experience with us. We knew right from the start that he was the right wedding photographer for us. So, without looking around for other photographers, we chose him. Our Wedding photography package included a two hour engagement photo session as well...Darwin took us to several locations of our choice in San Francisco. Those photos turned out great! The day of the wedding, Darwin and his wife Heather were so professional, they showed up early and got some great shots of us getting ready and during the wedding they did not miss a beat,they were able to capture all of our special moments and details perfectly. At the end of the wedding, Darwin and his wife went out of their way and even stayed a little while longer to make sure we did not miss any important pictures with family members. We just received our CD of pictures and we could not have asked for a better photographer. Thanks Darwin and Heather! You guys are wonderful!