Confection Art Reviews

98% recommend it

• Alli
    Alli S. Sent on 09/03/2023
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best Wedding Cakes of ALL TIME!!!

My husband and I could not be happier to have had Owen and Jim make our cake (and favor cookies). Everything about working with them was a dream - from the tasting, to communication, to the INCREDIBLE final product.

To start, the tasting felt so special, we got to spend time with Owen and Jim, getting to know each other and trying so many delicious flavors. Then once we started working together, any questions I had were answered super quickly over email.

And the final product!!! One of the things that drew me to Owen was the phenomenal pet sculptures he does - he created absolutely beautiful and oh so accurate renditions of our babies to accompany a gorgeously designed cake, incorporating everything I asked for, including fresh blueberries! It was beyond delicious of course, and everyone could not get over the sculptures!! He also made beautiful cookie favors for everyone to take home.

You would seriously be so lucky to work with Owen and Jim, they're so wonderful and if we have ANY cake needs in the future, we'll surely be back.
    Susan H. Sent on 06/06/2023

We couldn't be happier!

I felt good about confection Art the first time I spoke with Owen on the phone. The tasting sealed the deal. Owen tells such great stories about flavors and ingredients, and the cake that he and Jim created for my daughter's wedding on 6/3/23 was nothing short of fantastic - everyone was raving! They were able to create my daughter's vision of her cake for the day, and we couldn't be happier. The entire process was made simple and fun by these two amazing professionals. I only hope I will be able to work with them again for another event in Maine!
    Katherine M. Sent on 01/26/2023

Outstanding!

Owen was so easy to work with from the initial call, to the tasting and day of the wedding. Our wedding cake was so beautiful and just how we envisioned. Owen's cakes are so flavorful and moist. My guests raved about the different flavors and how tasty it was.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Laura Sent on 10/01/2019

Creativity and Flavor Beyond Compare

When your guests who know Confection Art tell you they plan to limit the apps and the amount of their dinner they eat around the wedding cake, you know you have a winner! Owen and Jim continue to amaze. I’ve used them for both of my daughters weddings and my cousin hired them for her daughter. First the flavors...pumpkin spice cake with rustic maple and cream cheese Swiss merengue filling is my new favorite! The classic butter cake with English lemon curd and wild Maine blueberry Swiss merengue filling is gorgeous looking and tastes as every bit good as it sounds! And that’s just the tip of the iceberg of flavors they offer. All made from scratch, of course.
    As far as the cake decorating - we are talking show stoppers! You can give Owen an outline of your vision and he will exceed your expectations every time! He makes everything he decorates with himself and everything is edible. Even when you know that’s the case, you still can’t quite believe it’s true! The sea urchins on my daughter’s cake were so amazingly life like, I actually had to touch one to believe it, and I’m not new to his creations! Suffice it to say, Owen is a cake genius!
  • Brittany
    Brittany M. Sent on 07/20/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Nothing cookie-cutter about this cake

Our wedding wouldn’t have been the same without Owen and Jim! During the design process Owen listened to me, paid special attention to every detail and ultimately made my vision come to life. Our wedding cake wasn’t “just” a cake – it was a work of art. Our guests absolutely raved about it and the leftovers are in still high demand 🙂 My husband and I both agreed after our tasting that their cakes were the best we’d ever tasted. We’re so lucky that we got to work with them and are looking forward to cutting into our top tier on our first anniversary!

Confection Art's reply:

It was an absolute pleasure working with you both to create the wedding cake of your dreams! Thank you both so much for allowing us to be a part of your special day!
    Jessica Sent on 12/11/2018

Owen is the best!

Owen was truly one of our favorite vendors we had for our wedding. From the tasting (which was incredible!) to the cake Owen made for the big day, we have been so impressed with him. We gave Owen some inspiration for how we'd like the cake to look and, needless to say, he went above and beyond what we ever could've imaged. We got so many compliments on how beautiful the cake was, but just as important, how amazing it tasted. Can't wait to get another taste of it once we hit our one year anniversary!
    Marie Sent on 10/01/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We were lucky enough to have the first wedding after “Bake it like Buddy” winners Confection Art show aired. Owen and Jim were fabulous enthusiastic and helpful. Our grooms cake blew our minds! But the wedding cake was outrageously gorgeous! The very best.
    Tracy Sent on 08/28/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Cannot say enough good things about ConfectionArt - Owen was accessible, flexible, creative, fun, and reasonably priced (especiallyy given the level of quality he produces!!). He carved our dogs out of chocolate (to be used as the flavor sign for our ice cream bar!)- they looked JUST like them, and created 2 delicious sheet cakes to be served as well! Would absolutely recommend to any/all couples, and definitely plan to order from him again!
    Kaitlin Sent on 11/26/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We had the pleasure of working with Owen on the cake for our September wedding. Not only was he fun and creative, but his customer service was incredible! As my husband and I were planning our wedding from separate countries, my husband had to attend the cake tasting alone, which I was hesitant about but I was trusting his judgement. Owen was so helpful, and when he heard our story, offered to hold our wedding date until I was able to come in for a tasting myself when I moved down to New England. He refused to take a deposit, even though he held our date for two and a half months until I was able to be there. His cake is absolutely delicious, and we LOVED how many customizable options there were. We loved the enthusiasm in designing a fun spin on our wedding cake. He handled everything with the utmost care (even the gluten free cake!) and our guests couldn’t stop raving about our dessert. Our cake was so delicious that we ate our saved topper on our one-month and fully intend of getting Owen to make a miniature version of our cake for our first anniversary. We were so happy with Owen, and plan on using him for many special occasions to come.
    D. Sent on 06/03/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Jim and Owen make the most beautiful and delicious cakes! We were thrilled about our gorgeous cake. Our guests raved about the flavors and the delightful buttercream frosting!! We highly recommend them for any special occasion.
    Kim Sent on 12/23/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I'm so in love with what Owen was able to do for us -- with just our wedding colors and a picture of the cake that caught our eye the most online from the internet, he was able to create what I consider the most beautiful and delicious wedding cake I've ever had. We got an incredible number of raving compliments about it from everyone -- including one of my friends who is a notorious cake critic. Confection Art's cake was by far the tastiest of all the cakes we tried, and I think actually ended up being the most reasonably priced out of all of them too (note that you'll get a bundled pricing from them vs. other vendors which quote a low price to begin with which is built up to the final quote with a ton of line items), so I would absolutely recommend booking a tasting with them if you're doing a wedding in the area. Honestly cannot believe how much this cake exceeded my expectations (which were pretty high to begin with)!
    Alli Sent on 08/28/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Owen is the best! He did an incredible display of varying desserts for our wedding day and they were to die for. Completely wiped out by the end of the night. The display was so pretty, I left several display items for him to use at our venue and he worked his magic. I was so excited when I saw the display that while guests were eating their salads I jumped up to the dessert table and took one of each treat to make sure I got a little of everything! Naturally, I wanted my dessert before dinner and couldn't resist those NUBBLES! My goodness. Thank you, Owen for you hard work and time. AMAZING! ~Alli & Ty
    Sara Sent on 08/02/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Owen is an incredible artist. Our wedding cake was stunning with flowers in sugar and white chocolate. The cake was frosted buttercream and INCREDIBLE tasting. No one could believe the detail and how delicious it was. He also made a one of a kind grooms cake with the utmost care, love and detail that anyone could ask for. It blew us away, and my husband was so pleased. Thank you
    Lisa Sent on 10/27/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We used Own at Confection Art for our cake, cupcakes and favors. We chose a two tiered cake to cut with 200 cupcakes, 4 different flavors for our guests and everything was amazing! The cake was stunning with beautiful fall leaves falling down the cake to match our rustic fall wedding theme and it carried through to the cupcakes which were four different flavors and each flavor had its own leaf to represent it. It was ALL so good and we have received so many compliments on it! He also takes care of all the setup and takedown leaving you with absolutely nothing to worry about! We chose apple cider donuts as our favors for our guests and they loved them! They were SO delicious as well. He packaged them in this nice bag with burlap decorations and a thank you tag that again matched our theme. It all came together so well and we are so incredibly happy with how everything turned out, looked and tasted! Thank you Owen!!!
    Madeleine Sent on 07/01/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I used ConfectionArt for my wedding cake on my June 27, 2015 wedding in Maine. Owen was truly amazing, responsive and supportive from day 1. He understood my vision and baked the most beautiful and delicious cake I have ever seen! Many of our guests commented on the sheer perfection of the cake, and I have to agree! I could not have asked for anything more! Thank you, Owen!!
  • User2199006 Sent on 06/26/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Owen is absolutely brilliant!! Our daughter and son-in-law made an outlandish request, i.e. to have their wedding cake in the shape of the library at their Alma Mater. Owen's eyes lit up and then he created a masterpiece that was a focal point at the reception. Not only was the cake amazing to look at, but it had five different flavor cakes, five different fillings and rice krispy treat structural supports. All parts were delicious. He also made 150 of the cutest lobster cookies I've ever seen for favors. FABULOUS JOB!!
    Jamie Sent on 07/02/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Owen from Confection Art is absolutely amazing. We had him do our groom's cake for the rehearsal dinner which he sculpted our 2 dogs out of chocolate and it was breathtaking! People thought it was just a decoration and didn't realize it was our cake! OUr wedding cake was absolutely to die for! I had them bring out the leftovers to breakfast the next morning so we could eat more of it!! He does such amazing work and i would recommend him to anyone!
    Melanie Sent on 12/03/2014
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Owen Dyer at ConfectionArt is the BEST. We had such an amazing experience with him for our 11/22/14 wedding at the Red Barn at Outlook in South Berwick, Maine. We met with Owen months earlier and fell in love with his cakes immediately. They are not only beautiful, but absolutely delicious. The cake and the frosting...amazing. My fiance doesn't like super sugary tasting frosting, and I told like super whipped frosting, so this was actually the perfect, most delicious combination. We ended up going with cupcakes...and got enough for 200 people. The cupcakes have a little bit of cake take out of them and are filled with frosting and of course topped with frosting: they are out of this world. We were able to choose 6 different flavors and Owen came to the venue and set everything up on this multiple tiered display with a little guide as to which cupcake was which. He was so creative in matching out wedding colors/flowers to our cupcake topper (a mini cake) and it was SO beautiful and SO delicious. People raved about the cupcakes. Not to mention, we tried to save our top cake for our first anniversary, but accidentally ate half of it the first few days we were home! The carrot cake with cream cheese frosting=phenomenal. Every single thing we tried and had was delicious. Owen was super enthusiastic, responsive to emails, creative, helpful, and totally reasonably priced. We love you, Owen!!! THANK YOU!
    Jenny Sent on 01/08/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Owen is very talented and wonderful to work with. He took our abstract vision and turned it into a beautiful cake. He does amazing work in chocolate sculpting and rarely uses fondant (which my husband and I both hate). Not only are his cakes beautiful, but they are the most amazing tasting cakes. We got so many complements from our guests on our cake and we're so glad we found Confection Art!
    Stephanie Sent on 08/29/2014
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    THE BEST CAKE I'VE EVER HAD!!! I cannot say enough about how delicious ConfectionArt cakes are. Owen was helpful, funny, helpful and had great design ideas for our cake. We had arrows going through each tier of our cake as arrows were part of our theme. The cake was a perfect end to a perfect wedding. Guests were coming up and telling me how good the cake was; guests were eating a piece from each tier as we were able to make each one unique. CONFECTIONART IS AMAZING!!!
    Michelle Sent on 07/29/2014
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    The cake was amazing!!! It was multiple tiers, made to look like my wedding gown and matched the color scheme of the wedding perfectly! Most importantly, it tasted absolutely delicious! And, Owen was an absolute delight to work with. I highly recommend Confection Art for a wedding or any special occasion.
  • Lindsey
    Lindsey Sent on 12/31/2014
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    What can I say about Owen?! He was by far one of my favorite vendors to work with! From the minute we met him for our cake tasting we knew he would be the one designing our wedding cake. His vision and the amount of work he puts into his cakes are truly incredible. He has such passion for what he does, he is an artist! Not only did our cake look amazing, it tasted phenomenal! We had four different kinds of flavors and we had so many people tell us how delicious the cake was! One tip, if you decide to order pastries from Owen as well, get the nubbles! Don't hire anyone else to design your cake, Owen will wow you!
    Samantha Sent on 07/01/2014
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Owen created a beautiful cake for our wedding. It was amazing-each tier was a different flavor and absolutely delicious!!
    Nicole Sent on 10/01/2013
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Confection Art is not just a vendor. It is an experience !! Owen is a very talented artist! He took my husband and my personalities and loves and created an amazing cake for our wedding. Owen is very special and kind hearted. Not to mention he has the best cake I have ever had in my life !!! My advice. Meet Owen (you'll fall in love) and allow him to go to down. Trust his artist ability and be surprised by what your cake art is. Because that was an exciting moment for us is to see the master piece be created for us !!!
    Tricia Sent on 09/23/2013
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I cannot say enough about how AMAZING Owen is. He went above and beyond for the cakes for my wedding. I had 3 cakes and they were picture perfect. He even matched the color of my dress to the cakes. He also learned how to make French macaroons which we had on display at my wedding in different colors and flavors. Owen is THE BEST baker and decorator that I have ever seen. Our guests would not stop talking about how delicious his home made cakes were and how gorgeously displayed they were. The French Macaroons were delicious. We went to Paris on our honeymoon and I can honestly say Owen's macaroons were better then La Duree's! Owen also handmade whoopie pies for our event the night before the wedding. He put each whoopie pie in its own bag and tied each one with a bow. They were PERFECT. Everyone kept saying that they were absolutely delicious. Confection Art will be my cake go-to for life. Owen will become your friend. Such a great, great person! I seriously cannot say enough great things about him! You will not be disappointed!
illustration stars