Chris Hensel Wedding Photography Reviews

25 | Media, PA

25 Reviews for Chris Hensel Wedding Photography

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Experience counts! That was clear the moment Chris began shooting our engagement photos. I'm not the most comfortable person in front of the camera, but Chris's patience and humor had me quickly at ease. He captured the spirit of the city and the essence of our emotions and we're still thrilled every time we look at the photos from our day.
    We were relieved to have Chris's calm professionalism on hand the day of the wedding, too. He was infinitely patient with nervous bridesmaids and cranky uncles. He was able to articulate and deftly orchestrate and still listen to what we had to say. I don't think he ever stopped shooting but he did it unobtrusively and it was so much fun to see the little moments of the big day, the moments we missed while bride and grooming. Our guests were charmed.
    Ultimately, we were left with a brilliant record of our engagement and wedding. Authentic photos taken with genuine care and talent by a photographer we can't wait to use again! Thank you Chris.

Sent on 05/16/2016

Sarah · Married on 09/12/2015

We couldn't have been happier with Chris Hensel Wedding Photography! He was communicative, professional, and provided us with more than 2,000 outstanding photos. From the first time we met with him, throughout our wedding process, and until the final stages of our wedding album he treated us like we were his only clients. Even after our wedding day was over he made our photographs and album a priority.
    He is a truly talented photographer and can make people at ease in front of his camera. His quick eye and fun personality made us feel infinitely more comfortable on our engagement shoot - and gave us hundreds of great photographs. By the time our wedding day came we were both so comfortable with him. He even knows how to get awkward kids and family members to smile!
    His presence the day of the wedding was noninvasive, however he captured every moment of the day beautifully. The getting ready photographs were perfect - and his presence was hardly noticed. He captured every photo we could have possibly wanted on that day.
    My favorite thing about working with Chris Hensel Wedding Photography is that aside from a digital copy of each finished photo - you also get an authentic copy of each and every (good) photograph he took. We have 5 boxes of incredible photographs from that day - and the most difficult decision that I've had to make while working with him was trying to select a few dozen for an album - it's been so hard to narrow down!
    My husband and I were more than happy with Chris. He is professional, communicative, personable, and above all else he's undeniably talented and genuine. Thank you Chris for recording our memories this day in a beautiful and unforgettable way.

Sent on 05/30/2016

Chris was fabulous! We booked him for ten hours on our wedding day and not once did he seem to get in anyone's one or being intrusive. His style of photography was evident from the candid pictures in his sample album that he showed us prior to the wedding--there wasn't one photo that I didn't like. At our reception, he definitely made sure to be in the right spot at the right time, which probably isn't tough with his stature, but you could barely tell he was there. I would definitely recommend him to anyone planning a wedding or really any other photography event.

Sent on 09/04/2014

Photography was very important for us and we looked at many area photographers until we found Chris. From the initial meeting to the engagement session to our wedding day, he was enthusiastic and professional. The photographs are amazing! We had so many cool comments from our guests about our friendly wedding photographer. We highly recommend Chris to any prospective couple.

You couldn't ask for a more e was able to capture

Sent on 07/15/2014

Chris was the Photograher for my daughers wedding. He did an amazing job. My daugher and her husband did not want many posed picture ...they wanted the story of their day. He did exactly what they asked and they were extremely pleased with the outcome. We have the story of their day! From the beginning Chris was very easy to work with and answered all and any questions that my daughter had for him. We highly recommend Chris!!!!

Sent on 07/22/2014

Marybeth · Married on 01/04/2014

Chris did a fabulous job making our wedding day memorable. He did it all with a smile and made it fun for everyone. Everything was done in a timely manner and he made sure to capture all of the special moments you may miss as a bride and groom on that busy, busy, busy day!

Sent on 07/19/2014

Chris did a fantastic job for our August 2013 wedding. Of all the vendors, we met with photographers the most. When we met with Chris, we had already interviewed 5 other photographers (which was too many but we hadn't found what we wanted yet). Chris just clicked with the vision and the style of photos that we were looking for- a mix of the standard shots for our parents and really well-done candids. What sold us though was his sample album. We also included a 2nd photographer to make sure we got all the angles we wanted during the ceremony. Great decision!! She was great, helped to corral folks when we were doing group shots. They both kept everyone at ease. Chris sent us the photos barely after we returned from our honeymoon. Such a fast turnaround time. We got 1100 photos from having Chris there 9 hours and they look incredible.

Sent on 10/23/2013

Howie and Jaclyn · Married on 02/16/2013

I would give Chris a 6 in each category if I was allowed to! He's amazing. My wife and I always felt at ease when Chris was on the scene. He was funny, professional, and always knew how to handle any situation. He even pinned the boutonnieres on all the men when we were running late because he knew how to do it so fast! I cannot recommend Chris highly enough.

Sent on 06/17/2013

Chris Hensel Wedding Photography's reply:

Thanks so much Howie, your wedding was sensational.

Sarah · Married on 11/17/2012

We found Chris through wedding wire and after reading the rave review about him and meeting him at his home we decided immediately to book him for our wedding day.
    Chris was a joy to work with. He made everything very comfortable and easy. We did engagement photo's with him and had a blast. He is very professional and you can tell he has been doing this for years. We just received our wedding pictures from our Nov 17th wedding and we could not be happier. The pictures are absolutely gorgeous. 1 thing we really enjoyed was finding pictures he took that we didnt even notice. He captured every important moment and beyond without anyone realizing he was there. He fades into the background and captures amazing moments with beautiful shots. I really enjoyed working with Chris and will be contacting him again in the future for any other photographer needs.
    I highly recommend Chris Hensel for your wedding day!

Sent on 12/17/2012

nicole · Married on 08/12/2011

My husband and I were / are 100% happy with Chris Hensel. He did an incredibly good job capturing the whole day for us to remember forever. He was fun, accommodating, responsible, and creative. Our photographs are of moments, smiles, and laughs. He took photos when you didn't even know he was around. He holds a passion for his job and it shows. Thank you Chris Hensel for our memories, we love our photos :) We will be calling you when we have our first baby. hahaha Love ya!!

Sent on 10/05/2011

Terry · Married on 06/25/2011

As a wedding planner / coordinator you worry about using new vendors. I quickly realized that I had nothing to worry about with Chris Hensel. Chris and his assistant were accommodating, professional and a pleasure to work with. I will recommend him for future events especially for those couples who appreciate photos in which unplanned moments are captured. Thank you Chris for doing a great job at Terry & Stefan's wedding.
    Rachael Farrington

Sent on 07/10/2011

Elena · Married on 04/09/2011

Chris is not only exceptionally talented, but also laid back and personable. My husband and I selected him based on the quality of his work and the great vibe we got when we met with him. On the day of our wedding, Chris and Kayai (the second photographer) made the formal shots enjoyable and even entertaining! They were very inconspicuous when taking candids, which helped to really capture everyone in the moment. Earlier in the week I received proofs and a CD of all of the photos from the wedding and I cannot believe how stunning they are! The photos are emotional and beautifully set up and I know I will have a hard time selecting ones for an album. I couldn't be happier with Chris's work.

Sent on 05/26/2011

Stacey · Married on 03/26/2011

Chris was amazing! We felt comfortable with him from the moment we met him. His turnaround time is great and he even sent us a few sneak peek photos the day after the wedding!! Highly recommended and wonderful to work with!

Sent on 05/31/2011

Jennifer · Married on 06/26/2010

Great creativity and care when shooting throughout the event, highly recomemded.

Sent on 07/23/2010

Amber · Married on 06/05/2010

It was a pleasure to work with Chris. He has a great eye for photography and all of his pictures are top quality! I recieved the pictures back in no time at all, while other brides I know waited months. His photojournalistic style is second to none and if I had a chance to do it over again, I wouldn't change a thing.

Sent on 08/24/2010

Jessica · Married on 03/27/2010

We were an out of town couple and Chris was very flexible and accommodating working with our busy schedules. During the day Chris was able to capture EVERY second without us even realizing he was there. It was great to look back at the pictures to see things that we didn't even know he was able to capture. We could not have asked for a better photographer or more perfcet photographs. Chris is a truly talented and amazing photographer and we are thankful and lucky to have had him as such an integral part of our wedding day. Thank you Chris for helping us relive all the memories, emotions, and feelings each time we look at the pictures!

Sent on 08/25/2010

Jennifer · Married on 10/18/2008

Chris was such a pleasure to work with from start to finish.

He was kind enough to drive to our house and brought many samples of his work. He was friendly from the moment we met and was very down to earth and really took pride in his work. You could tell that he really loved his job. His work is beautiful - like art. I raved about him so much that my friend booked him for her wedding the weekend following my wedding!

Communication was great throughout the year before our wedding. He was able to customize a package for me so that we got exactly what we wanted. I loved that we got all the unmarked proofs (about 700-800) and a high resolution CD with all the images, plus the copy rights so that we could make our own prints.

About a month before the wedding, I really appreciated that he took the time to meet me at my reception site because he had never worked there before. It was nice to walk around with him and talk about the photos I was envisioning.

On the day of the wedding, Chris was on time and prepared to work. I loved that he just settled into the background while we were getting ready. Chris takes the photojournalistic approach so the majority of his photos are candid shots. He really captured all the important moments of the day beautifully and without being obtrusive. When it came to the family portraits, he amazingly organized 4 large sides of the family!

The prints and my CD arrived in a timely matter and we are currently in the process of designing our album.

I highly recommend Chris!

Sent on 06/08/2009

Darcy · Married on 05/25/2008

Chris Hensel took the most beautiful wedding photos I have ever seen, and I'm not just saying that b/c it was my wedding. Both of my brothers have gotten married before me, just in the past 4 years and their photos DO NOT hold a candle to mine.
    Chris has an eye for people and events unlike any other - my photos are candid, stunning, and so full of emotion that you re-live the moments every time you look at a picture.
    We get to keep each and every one of our 400+ proofs, and this was one of the biggest reasons we chose Chris. There are too many other photographers who only put photos online for you to view and purchase. We have all our proofs to go back and look at whenever we want.
    If I had to do the whole day over again, I would definitely choose Chris. He was worth every penny and I would recommend him to anyone.

Sent on 06/16/2008
  • Liz

Liz · Married on 05/03/2008

The moment my parents, hubby and I met Chris we knew he was "the one". Chris went out of his way to drive to southern Jersey to come to my parents home, then agian when we asked him to take our engagement photo's at the jersey shore where we spend all of our summers. He really was a pleasure to work with, very accomadating, funny and easy going. I wanted amazing photo's of our wedding day and that is what we got. Chris was wonderful and the biggest compliement I can give him is that he transport's me back to May 3rd with his work. Every single picture tells the story of how the day unfolded and each time I look at them I feel myself back on that day, how I felt, how happy and at ease I was. He was like a ninja that day...he was there but know one really saw him and that says a lot. Book him....you won't regret it:)

Sent on 06/14/2008

Lauren · Married on 06/22/2007

Chris did an amazing job! I honestly feel very fortunate to have found him!
    We love our photos and it is not me being a biased bride, we have received countless complements about his work.
    I would highly recommend Chris for your wedding day- or any event you want to capture. He has a great eye and his creativity is endless!

Sent on 06/12/2008

Kendra · Married on 07/14/2012

My husband and I had two weddings, one traditional American and one Indian wedding. Chris Hensel did a fantastic job capturing the moments during both ceremonies. He even came to the Indian rehearsal to familiarize himself with the events and important people (they are different than in American weddings). It's difficult during Indian weddings to find time for pictures with just the bride and groom, but Chris did a great job sneaking us away professionally so that we had the pictures that he knew we needed.

He did a truly amazing job finding the perfect moments to capture pictures, particularly right after the ceremony when everyone is crying tears of happiness, during the reception dancing, and the speeches.

Chris was very flexible in building a package that fit our budget. He prefers to do engagement photos, in particular, around the Philadelphia area and charges a bit extra to travel.

Thank you, Chris, for doing such a beautiful job on our wedding photos! I would certainly recommend Chris Hensel to any bride looking for a photographer!

Sent on 11/22/2013

Hi Kendra,

Thanks for taking the time to write about my services. I still remember your wonderful wedding; both of them :)

Jennifer · Married on 10/25/2014

Wonderful experience. Chris is kind, patient and a joy to work with!!!!!! I recommend him for any brides looking to work with a fabulous photographer and person!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you Chris for documenting our special day so perfectly!!!!!!!!

Sent on 12/18/2014

Lori · Married on 10/07/2006

Chris' photographs are beautiful. He captures the emotion of the day unlike any other photographer. We will cherish our photos as they are a picture story of the entire day and those who spent it with us.

Sent on 06/16/2008
  • F

Fred · Married on 12/01/2012

Chris's work speaks for itself...he takes amazing pictures and we hardly noticed him during our wedding! We also had great engagement pictures all around Old City earlier in the fall that came out wonderful. We had a budget in mind for the photographer and Chris worked with us in order to stay close to it while getting the service we wanted. Would recommend Chris everytime and twice on Sunday.

Sent on 06/18/2013

Chris Hensel Wedding Photography's reply:

Thanks so much for your kind words Fred, I am grateful.

4.2
      3.0

Enjoyed our experience. It seems like Chris is very busy- which must mean he's a good photographer- but can be tough to get emails responded to. Overall I would recommend- he's very passionate about his profession.

Sent on 06/14/2013

Chris Hensel Wedding Photography's reply:

Thanks very much for taking the time to write about your experience.