Carriage Trade Pastries Reviews

27 | Buffalo, NY

27 Reviews for Carriage Trade Pastries

Latha · Married on 08/06/2016

We ordered our wedding cake from here and the service and quality were outstanding!!! We highly recommend this bakery for any delicious cake or pastry. Jeannie delivered a beautiful cake that was so tasty and well made, to our wedding. It was exactly as we imagined it. So perfect!

Sent on 08/16/2016

Alyssa · Married on 05/21/2016

We did a dessert bar in addition to our wedding cake. Jeanne was really open to getting creative with different options, and our guests definitely loved the end result. The desserts didn't last very long! Our wedding cake also turned out beautiful -- and delicious! It was definitely a great value, and we were very happy with everything

Sent on 08/20/2016

Outstanding! We ordered our cake and several different pastries for our dessert bar. Very friendly, easy to work with. The chocolate cake was so moist and delicious! I'm not sure our top tier is going to make it until our anniversary!!

Sent on 09/04/2015

julie · Married on 03/28/2015

our cake was amazing. I wanted a "naked cake" and it was beautiful ,delicious and moist. We are still eating our left overs 5 days later and it is still delicious. As a bride I did not have finite ideas about what I wanted, i provided very little to work with but some how the owner made my vision come to life. they were also incredibly reasonable.
    thanks

Sent on 04/01/2015

Melissa · Married on 11/07/2014

We received many compliments on our wedding cake from Carriage Trade Pastries. They did an amazing job with the flavors and moistness of the cake. Our initial visit to the bakery was great, the staff allowed our young daughter to join in the cake tasting and it was a very personable meeting.

Sent on 11/18/2014

Carriage Trade did an amazing job on our wedding cake. Like most modern brides I scoured pinterest looking for the perfect cake for our special day. I was able to simply email the pin to the bakery and they made almost an exact replica of what I wanted with a few alterations! When we went on our visits to various bakeries in the area, Carriage Trade was one of the most down to earth and friendly bakeries! We were so pleased with the pricing, the service and of course the delicious cake! Friends and family are still (6+ months later) talking about how fabulous our wedding was and how delicious the cake looked and tasted!!!

Sent on 02/23/2015

Gregory & Christine · Married on 08/30/2014

We were SO SO happy with Carriage Trade Pastries. They were by far the best cake we tried while cake tasting, and it tasted just as amazing on our wedding. The chocolate ganache they make is out of this world. And the frosting they used, a blend of buttercream frosting and icing (they call it snow cream) is the perfect blend of sweet and creamy. Everybody was raving about it. My husband's family is full of huge cake lovers and not only did they love it for the wedding, but his sister has requested the same type of cake for her birthday this month :) As far as the design goes, I can't imagine there being a bakery more skilled. The texture of the frosting was perfect. What we were most impressed with were the sugar flowers. I originally wanted real flowers but decided to save some money and go with sugar, but we still showed her the picture of inspiration that had real flowers on it and asked her to do what she thought would look best in comparison to that. No joke, the sugar flowers looked REAL! They were absolutely gorgeous. My husband and I have them in our fridge still for no other reason than to be able to keep looking at them. The most detailed and beautiful sugar flowers I have ever seen, hands down. We can't say enough good things about this place. Oh, and to top it all off, they were considerably less expensive than almost all the other bakeries in the area that we looked at. I would have paid a lot more for that cake if I had to though! :)

Sent on 09/09/2014

Katie · Married on 08/09/2014

Carriage Trade provided an excellent cake for my wedding! I had a white cake with raspberry mousse filling and snow something frosting. My guests LOVED it! Many people said it was the best wedding cake they've ever had.
    It was also a great value and decorated perfectly. I couldn't have even envisioned it better!
    The thing that I think is different about Carriage Trade compared to other bakeries is cake quality. I'm a frosting girl all the way, I could eat frosting plain, but even though I love frosting the cake needs to be good too. Every other bakery I tried the cake was dried out. When I went to Carriage Trade to cake test, I was immediately impressed at how moist and delicious the cake was.
    Definitely use this bakery!!!

Sent on 08/15/2014

Abbie · Married on 07/19/2014

Shandra was wonderful to work with. Our wedding cake was beautiful and exactly what we designed together. The cake was delicious many of the guests have asked me where the cake was from. I HIGHLY recommend carriage trade pastries, you will love it!!

Sent on 08/12/2014

I needed a gluten-free cake due to having Celiac's disease, and Carriage Trade was the only vendor at a bridal show to have gluten-free samples, so right away they had me sold! My husband and I went there for a tasting, and she had prepared gluten-free samples of what we wanted and they were delicious. We did not want a large cake since we were also doing an icecream truck for our guests, so she accommodated us by having the bottom layer as a faux layer. She worked with our florist (Flowers by Nature) to have them put the sunflowers on our cake when it got to the reception place. The cake was delicious; my husband could not even tell it was a "gluten-free" cake, so we were very pleased. The detail that went into the design of the cake (painted edible seashells, gluten-free graham crackers as "sand", etc.) was amazing; it was so beautiful. I highly recommend this personable, thoughtful bakery and staff!

Sent on 08/06/2014

Diane · Married on 11/02/2013

Our daughter decided to forego the traditional wedding cake and went with pies! Carriage Trade was so accommodating with this, made the display absolutely beautiful and of course each pie was wonderful! Go with your heart and what you like.....Carriage Trade will make it all perfect!

Sent on 11/19/2013

John · Married on 06/15/2013

Carriage Trade pastries was fantastic to work with! We had such a great looking cake with all different flavors and every single one was delicious! I also had a vegan groom's cake made for some people with allergies to dairy products including eggs, and that cake was such a hit, not just with the vegans, but also with the regular crowd! Everything was perfect with the cake and working with Shandra to set this up. Thank you so much, Shandra and crew! Highly recommend and we'll be back for our other cake needs!

Sent on 07/31/2013

Maria · Married on 05/04/2013

The cake was beautiful, and everyone loved it! Plus we were able to have a (very delicious) gluten and dairy free cake topper for people with dietary restrictions. It was perfect!!

Sent on 05/07/2013
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 09/21/2012

Our cake was delicious. We had two flavor - and both received rave reviews from our guests. We thought it tasted much better than the tasting, as well!! The owners are patient and friendly. Prices are less than area competitors without sacrificing great quality. My cake was decorated with ribbon, sugar flowers and buttercream frosting. I swear it looked like fondant but tasted much better!! The owner was prompt on my wedding day and brought the cake petastal which I brought to bakery and she offered to store in her shop and bring to reception. She built the cake at reception site and there it stood beautifully for hours until ready to be served.

Sent on 10/05/2012

belinda · Married on 08/17/2012

What a delicious cake Miss Shandra make!!!!!! it was soooo good!!! She made our cake from a watercolor drawing I made for her, and my goodness it was beautiful! She was wonderful! And also, her shop is decked out with delicious treats! And she makes the best sugar cookies!!!!

Sent on 09/06/2012

I contacted Carriage Trade Pastries in less than 30 days of my wedding over the phone. As I reside in Atlanta, GA and was having a wedding in Orchard Park, NY and was not happy with the service I had received from my original baker. I was so impressed with the service from my initial phone call I was sure I had made the right decision. Shanda spent a great deal of time with me over the phone, to set up my cake order, I was not required to do anything else!! The price was great considering I got a beautifully designed 4 tier fondant cake with ribbon and fruit filling. When I arrived at my reception my cake was stunning, It was PERFECT!! Exactly, what I had wanted and it tasted superb, we got so many complements on how yummy and beautiful it was!!! I highly recommend!!

Sent on 08/06/2012

Sophie · Married on 05/26/2012

We decided to change our wedding cake vendor about two weeks before the wedding, and I'm so glad that Carriage Trade Pastries were so quick and helpful with our order! I have to say, their price is very fair and their quality is extremely impressive. Our wedding cupcake tower was so elegant and beautiful and our top cake was designed just the way we wanted. Not to mention, the cake tasted DELICIOUS. Entire transaction was very smooth and I highly recommend Carriage Trade Pastries to anyone!

Sent on 06/11/2012

Susan · Married on 04/07/2012

Our wedding cake was tasty and beautifully done by the owner of Carriage Trade Pastries. When we went to pick out cake Shandra had several choices for us to pick from. On our wedding day the cake was beautifully done and with her suggestions the roses we add to our cake made it more special. Would
    recommend this cake and pastry shop to any future bride.

Sent on 04/14/2012

Beth · Married on 08/20/2011

The best tasting wedding cake! I was more concerned about how my cake tasted then how big it was and if you are like that this is the place to go. Carriage Trade will create exactly what you want and have it taste wonderful as well as look beautiful. I was even able to add sugar roses at minimal cost at the last minute when my florist came back with a really high estimate for real flowers for the cake. Great to work with and has become our go to bakery for special occasions!

Sent on 01/24/2012

Jessica · Married on 06/05/2011

My wedding cake was delicious and beautiful. Shondra was by far the nicest baker i met with and she even delivered my cake on my Sunday wedding on her day off. I would definately recommend using Carriage Trade!

Sent on 06/17/2011

Melissa · Married on 08/11/2008

Carriage Trade was awesome all the way around! Cake tasted excellent and it was so beautiful! We got compliments on the taste and the beauty of it!! Great prices! I highly recommend!

Sent on 11/04/2008

Michael · Married on 04/19/2008

I purchased my wedding cake at Carriage trade and the experience was wonderful. They were very helpful during the whole process and allowed us to get a great cake that stayed within our budget. We served the cake for dessert and received numerous compliments. I highly recommend Carriage Trade for your Wedding Cake.

Sent on 04/29/2008

Betsy · Married on 09/08/2012

We loved the beautiful cake(s) that Shandra created for our wedding day and she was a sweet and wonderful person to work with. I got reports of people eating three pieces of cake at the wedding because it was so delicious and the cost of the cakes was affordable and money well spent. Thank you Carriage Trade Pastries!

Sent on 09/11/2012

amanda · Married on 06/19/2005

Fantastic value. Beautiful work. YUM.

Sent on 04/13/2008

Shandra came recommended to us from a friend and overall we were very happy with her services. At the cake tasting she was very professional, friendly, and accommodating. The cake was delicious and so much better than others we tried. We did a mix of the white cake with fresh fruit and white cake with a raspberry filling. People raved about the taste. My only complaint would be that the fondant ribbon appeared quite messy, and not up to par with the pictures we had seen at the tasting. I'm not overly picky, but it definitely stood out. Overall though the prices were extremely fair, she was great to work with, and it's the taste that counts in our book.

Sent on 08/01/2013