Cara Mia Photography Reviews

25 | San Francisco, CA

25 Reviews for Cara Mia Photography

Melanie · Married on 05/15/2015

Cara is one in a million, not only was she an absolute delight to work with, she has an extremely creative eye and captured the most special moments of our wedding and the naming day of our little girl with magnificence. We had tears in our eyes when we saw the photos as Cara's album touched our hearts. Thank you Cara we highly recommend you to any one looking for a photographer.

Michael · Married on 10/05/2014

We discovered Cara's photographic services on-line which led us to her website and we were immediately struck and very impressed by her creative photo journalistic style of photography. So we knew right from the start that we had found someone who's work was very much in line with what we were looking for.
    Our initial contact with Cara via email and then skype was met with a personal regard as well as an impeccable professionalism. Cara was clear, on time, flexible and responsive with all the preparations leading up to our big day.
    On the day of our wedding Cara was everything we had experienced of her up that point and more. Being a bit of a photographer myself, I quickly recognized that day Cara was very good at what she does on a functional level, let alone on a creativity level. Her ability to ride the balance between being where she needed to be for her shots, not be pushy or get in the way at all and yet at times give clear and succinct instructions for certain shots left no doubt we were in the hands of an accomplished professional.
    So when we sat down to watch the slideshow of the photos Cara had taken of our wedding day , I had no doubt that we were about to see some our wedding day through the eyes of an accomplished photographer. Well , we were blown away beyond what we could have imagined. Cara's ability to give and add certain perspective, using a variety of lens and angle views was remarkable. Her ability to see and select certain shots to be rendered into black and white clearly increased their impact. She did not miss a thing and she brought out aspects of our day that we had barely noticed.
    In short Cara's photographic work on our wedding day was comprehensive, creative, illuminating, tender, bold, touching and captivating. She is a true artist as well as an elegant technician with her work.

Lorenzo · Married on 10/05/2013

It was a pleasure to have Cara as part of our wedding. We love how she really captured the aesthetic of our wedding and the wedding venue, and especially her candid shots had a way of capturing key moments. She and her assistant worked the room well together. They even scoped out hidden areas where they thought they could capture better scenery and suggested when and where to take more picture perfect photos. We love looking over the pictures especially since things were going so fast on our wedding day it was hard to process all that was going on. Cara was a pleasure to have as part of the wedding party. She was professional and she has a calming presence that was pleasant to be around during the whole day. While getting ready, Cara used the the room decor to highlight accessories and wedding details. She was also very flexible when we were planning the wedding (she came all the way from Ireland for the wedding) and matching her services to meet our needs and budget.

Karen · Married on 10/20/2012

Cara of Cara Mia Photography is a very professional photographer and did an amazing job on our wedding. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed working with Cara as she not only photographed our wedding day but also our engagement photos as well. Our photos turned out so beautifully and she captured our special day with such poise and professionalism. I would highly recommend Cara Mia Photography.

Paola · Married on 08/06/2011

One word describes our wedding photos - AH-MAZING! We couldn't be happier with both our engagement photos and our wedding photos. Cara really takes the time to get to know you and not only makes you feel comfortable in front of the camera but makes sure you look like a super model in the photos. I didn't think I was very photogenic, but even I think I look damn good in those pics! Check out this beautiful blog post she created about our wedding:

Cara and Brian make sure to capture all the funny, touching, loving, exciting, amazing moments that happen on that oh so special day so that you end up with a collection of beautifully captured memories.

Hire Cara and Brian for your wedding! You will love what you see!

Jillian · Married on 07/03/2011

Cara took SO many amazing pictures that truly captured the emotion, excitement, and love of the day! Cara and Brian make an incredible team, and she helped us be so comfortable in front of the camera. She has a true gift for not only capturing it all, yet making it feel like, "Of course, you should be there." I know I'm bias, yet our friends, family, and colleagues have expressed similar sentiments in response to seeing the photos she took and have absolutely been blown away by the slideshow she created.

In hindsight, it's clear the time Cara took during the consultation and venue walk through to get to know us, our plans, and our hopes for the day were reflected in the pictures she took. I feel like I could go on and on, yet without hesitation I can say, Cara is worth every penny! As a result, you will have nothing to worry about on your wedding day or any other special day regarding photos. She'll make you feel like superstars and the pictures will be priceless. ~Jillian & Steph

Colin · Married on 06/10/2011

Cara did a wonderful job at our wedding. The pictures were great and really captured the joy, laughter, and happiness of the "Big Day". During the ceremony, dinner and reception Cara and her husband Brian got some great photos and blended in to the scenery without sticking out. I would defiantly recommend Cara Mia Photography for your wedding or any special occasion.

Michel · Married on 05/21/2011

CaraMia photography brings a creative and imaginative eye to a wedding such as I have never before seen in wedding photography. She and her partner seem to be able to get into the spirit of the wedding and catch the true joy, rather than the stiff smiles and repetitive poses you see in most wedding albums. I was amazed. I highly recommend them for any event you might be planning.
    Michel Shain- Hunter and Alana wedding 5/21/11

Alana · Married on 05/21/2011

Cara and Brian did an amazing job photographing our wedding this past spring! We got to know Cara when we did an engagement shoot the prior winter and were extremely satisfied with those pictures--she takes beautiful and fun photos that capture the excitement of the engagement. On our wedding day, Cara and Brian were incredible. All of our friends and family felt at ease with them and as a result we have more than a thousand photographs that capture so many different moments of the wedding day, from the smallest detail to the towering redwood trees that Cara photographs so well. From a professional standpoint, Cara is prompt at returning emails and phone calls and we had no concerns or issues working with her or the Pictage site she uses to post photographs. Highly recommended!

Cindy · Married on 05/07/2011

Cara and Brian are a fantastic team. They worked unobtrusively together, capturing every aspect and detail of our daughter's wedding day -- from classic, romantic wedding poses to intimate, candid shots. They were extremely professional, flexible and easy to work with -- before, during and after the wedding day. Both their color and B&W photography is stunning, making it a very valuable investment in our daughter's happy memories! I highly recommend Cara Mia Photography.

Julie · Married on 11/13/2010

Cara and Brian were a great find for our wedding. I had a recommendation to call Cara and we hit it off immediately on the phone. I really felt like she wanted to know about my husband and I as a couple and also wanted to get a good idea for the "feel" of the wedding ahead of time. Cara and Brian showed up at our hotel at 6:30 in the morning (they should get 5 stars for that alone!) to take photos before our morning wedding. They were professional and friendly and blended into the background (so they could capture great shots without people feel self-conscious). They did a great job of photographing not only the standard wedding shots but also details and special touches (amazing shots of the ring bearers, details of the various dresses and outfits, and architectural details of the vintage hotel at which we were getting ready). I would absolutely recommend Cara and Brian to my family and friends! - Julie & Nate

• W

Sandi · Married on 07/17/2010

Cara and Brian are a wonderful team/couple, who captured the special moments and spirit of our wedding! We are so pleased to have found them - their humor, professionalism and friendly demeanor was a pleasure. We were looking for photographers who weren't "in your face", and I honestly didn't notice them at our wedding. They sent photos promptly to us, and we couldn't be happier with their photos! I definitely recommend Cara Mia Photography for all events!

Allyson · Married on 06/26/2010

Cara is a true artist. Her pictures of us really showed who we are through our wedding photos. I met with her early on in the process and knew right away that she was perfect for us. She can Her pictures were artistic and she didn't miss a single detail. She was able to capture unique moments and perspectives- but not at the expense of the traditional portraits I had asked for. Most importantly, my guests adored her. In short, I highly recommend her to anyone who cares about beautiful photography and a meticulous record of their special day.

Edward · Married on 02/13/2010

Cara was 1 of 2 photographers for my destination wedding in Maui. Truly, my wife and I are humbly blessed to have her as part of our wedding day documenting and capturing every moment, movement, and gesture. Our first glimpses of the wedding pictures are only second to her artistic eye and organic touch in bringing us out from within. Few photographers possess the intangible gift to "tell" a timeless story with a snapshot.

The photography became a true centerpiece of our wedding. While our principal photographer's magical touch captured the whole moment, Cara was absolutely amazing in bringing out the humanity of people. To this day, we still keep talking about how much we enjoyed being coaxed, cajoled, and drawn out to make the moments.

Gar-Ye · Married on 08/08/2009

Cara and Brian are an absolute joy to work with! I was a bride with a very clear vision of what I wanted my wedding to be like and they captured it in every photograph. Cara could not have been more fantastic. She was very open to my ideas and had GREAT suggestions. Brian was with my very camera shy husband most of the time and Brian made him feel at ease. All I heard from my entire wedding party after the wedding was how they could not wait to see the pictures. Cara posted some preview pictures on her blog in a VERY timely manner, the slideshow came about two weeks after that, and the rest of the pictures (all 1,077 of them) were posted on pictage.com shortly thereafter. Everyone commented on the quality of the photographs and one friend even said it seemed like I hunted down a $10,000 photographer from New York to take our pictures. While Cara does not charge that much, she would have been worth every penny of that $10,000! I would absolutely recommend her to everyone and have done so to everyone of my friends that are getting married soon. You're the best, Cara!

Chau · Married on 07/11/2009

Cara and Brian were absolutely wonderful and professional. They were very personnable and it was very easy to work with them. We absolutely loved the way that our engagement and wedding pictures turned out. They processed the pictures quickly and provided us with slideshows in a very timely fashion. I can't wait to see our wedding album and I would definitely book them again.

Justin · Married on 05/16/2009

All we can say is that Cara and her husband are well worth the money. My wife and I have no complaints, only praise. All the pictures that were taken for the engagement session and for the wedding are exceptional and works of art in their own right. The level of professionalism, artistry, and quality that is associated with Cara Mia Photography is as high as the bar goes. Highly recommended!!

Justin & Amanda

Claire · Married on 04/25/2009

Cara and Brian worked with the family seamlessly. They were able to maintain the perfect balance between being there for all the great shots without interrupting any of the day's special moments. Everyone commented on how nice they were and the slideshow that Cara put together and posted on her website really captured the "feel" of the day. Viewing it puts a smile on my face and takes me right back to the happiness of our wedding day. My husband and I couldn't be happier with our choice to work with Cara and Brian.

Rebecca · Married on 01/31/2009

Cara was a pleasure to work with. Her work is outstanding ~ she captured my day perfectly!! I highly recommend her for your most important day!

Tamra · Married on 09/13/2008

Cara and her husband did an amazingly wonderful job capturing our wedding. They were very professional, on time, organized, non intrusive, creative, and just great. They were so easy to work with, it was a pleasure. Our pictures turned out so much better than we could have hoped for. They are truly art and allow us to relive the day when we see them. Everybody who sees the pictures says they are the best they have ever seen and that they should be submitted to a magazine. Cara's prices are reasonable and well worth the results. She also offers beautiful photo albums. I highly recommend Cara as your next photographer.

Molly · Married on 09/27/2003

Cara and Brian did a phenomenal job of translating our wedding day into the most wonderful images we could have imagined. We loved the must-capture moments and also brilliant candid shots. As a slightly overwhelmed bride in the middle of all the fanfare, I especially appreciated Cara's calm and kind (yet totally unobtrusive) presence. Since the wedding photographer is actually right there through so many moments of the day, it was a true delight to have photographers who were not only professional, artistic, and extraordinarily skilled, but also sincere and caring. We really felt like they made the wedding smooth sailing and even more fun for us, and that was a great gift. A zillion details to catch and a challenging outdoor location but they made it seem easy! Highest recommendations for Cara Mia Photography!!!

Pamela · Married on 10/27/2012

Cara was charming and professional. She made the entire bridal party feel comfortable, as was evident in the posed photos. The pictures of the bridal couple (my daughter and son-in-law) captured the feel of the day, and the joy and love they were sharing. Even the reception photos--usually a mixed lot--were a delight. I am planning on choosing Cara again in the future, when my next daughter has her special day.

Cara was great! We only met with her once before the wedding to go over logistics, and everything went smoothly during the whole event. Cara and her assistant were professional and flexible with the pictures/poses we wanted. I love her photojournalism style. After viewing Cara's pictures, it was exactly the way we remembered our wedding. The only thing I have to complain about is that we received the CD of high res photos much later than was originally agreed upon. Overall, she was fantastic to work with!

Terry · Married on 02/18/2012

Cara was very professional and fun to work with during the wedding. She provided both creative and traditional settings for photographs. We were very pleased with all of the pictures and slideshow. She captured the day so beautifully.

Kelsea · Married on 10/15/2010

Cara and Brian were amazing for our San Francisco wedding! Cara met with us to before the wedding to discuss pricing/packages, but more importantly she was there to get to know us as a couple and get a feel for what we wanted from our photographer. She was extremely helpful but not over-bearing while we were getting ready and taking pictures before the wedding; she has a very calm manner, which was great to ease my pre-ceremony anxiety a bit. They both took charge of the family portraits post-ceremony quickly and efficiently. She suggested a great place to go do Bridal Party portraits, and it fit perfectly with what Todd and I envisioned. They were not overly present at the reception, making sure to catch the candid moments that were so important to us, yet they also felt like guests at the wedding and fit in with all of our friends and family.

Most importantly, when the pictures came (she made an amazing slideshow within 3 weeks of the wedding that we have shared with almost everyone in our lives), we were blown away by how they turned out. Family and friends have nothing but raving things to say about the pictures. To quote one of my best friends, "your photographer did a great job making beautiful people and places even more amazing, you have pictures that should be in magazines!" I couldn't agree more, I couldn't be happier with the end result. Now we have the daunting task of choosing which pictures we want out of almost 1300 files, if I could order them all, I would!