Capturing Grace Photography Reviews

9 | Portland, OR

9 Reviews for Capturing Grace Photography

Jessica · Married on 06/28/2014

My husband and I spent a lot of time looking at several photographers websites. Ultimately we decided to go with Aubrie because of her very artistic eye and ability to capture the big events that happen on a wedding day as well as smaller more intimate "moments". She is very laid back and flexible which is great when you are in the middle of wedding planning and during the big day. She always includes an engagement shoot so she can learn how to photograph each couple since everyone's dynamic is unique. (This to me demonstrates how smart she is and how much she cares). We called her up when it snowed in Portland and she got really excited and agreed to do our shoot in the snow last minute! Our photos turned out wonderfully! We just received our Wedding photos from her and LOVE them!! She truly captured our entire day in such an elegant and artistic way! I am so happy we trusted her with this important responsibility and that we will always have such great photos to remember the happiest day of our life!!!

Sent on 07/27/2014

Dave · Married on 08/07/2010

Aubrey recently shot our wedding in early August. We have not seen our wedding photos yet but she did provide us with an engagement shoot and we loved the way those turned out. We really really enjoyed the engagement shoot for a couple of reasons: 1) we didn't have too many pics of the two of us together...and we definitely didn't have any professional photos done. 2) This gave us an opportunity to work with Aubrey before our big day. Having the engagment session not only allowed us to feel her out but it also gave Aubrey the opportunity to learn how to best interact with us...and that is NOT something you want to have to learn the day of the wedding!
    There are many great photographers around Portland that will do an outstanding job at a wedding...but I challenge their value and the comfort level you may have with them compared to Aubrey. Before choosing Aubrey, we did 'interview' a couple other photographers and they were sooooo stuffy and irritating that we quickly ended those interviews.
    Please understand that Aubrey is a professional photographer...yes, that means that she is extremely talented. The reason we were able to book her for around half the costs of the big "wedding photography specialists" is because she's relatively new to weddings. Weddings are not her only means to an income so she doesn't have to charge you an arm and a leg to shoot your wedding.
    Of all the vendors we used for our wedding I would say that Aubrey was the greatest find. She's extremely laid back (which is more important for your wedding day than you know) and she offers amazing value. We honestly would've paid quite a bit more for her than she was asking.
    Book her now before she decides to go strictly weddings.

Aubrey, thank you for a great day and for dealing with a difficult father-of-the-bride.

- Dave and Sable

Sent on 09/03/2010

Stephanie · Married on 07/03/2010

Aubrie, you were a pleasure to work with and I have recommended you to several brides with upcoming weddings. You were always smiling and happy and that spirit put us at ease.

Sent on 12/13/2010

Christina · Married on 04/24/2010

Aubrie is an amazing photographer. I never take good pictures and I hate looking at pictures of myself but Aubrie took beautiful pictures and I love how they all came out. Our ceremony was super quick and she still was able to get a lot of pictuers of that. Then, it was drizzling outside when we were doing the formal pictures and wedding party pictures and somehow in the pictures you can't tell it was raining and it looks like the sun was shining. She is very creative with the way she takes pictures and I never thought I would have pictures this amazing of my wedding. I would recommend Aubrie to anyone getting married, whether it's for the engagement pictures or the wedding pictures or both. I wish we could hire her for every special occasion.

Sent on 05/28/2010

Mary · Married on 09/12/2009

Aubrie is an amazing photographer! We couldn't be happier with our wedding photos. Even our guests made comments to us about how dedicated she was, standing on chairs, lying on the ground, doing anything she had to do to get a special shot. And our photos definitely show her dedication paying off. I have already recommended Aubrie (Capturing Grace) to a friend of mine for their upcoming wedding, and I would recommend her to anyone else who is planning a wedding or other special event. I plan on having Aubrie take our family photos from now on as well. Excellent photos!

Sent on 11/04/2009

Bethany · Married on 07/25/2009

Aubrie of Capturing Grace Photography was very professional yet laid back enough to provide a well balanced service. She was extremely friendly during the entire planning processing, including the day of the wedding. She blended easily into our wedding and was a pleasure to have as a photographer. She is both knowledgeable and talented. Her photography speaks for itself--we love our wedding pictures and are thankful we chose Capturing Grace Photography.

Sent on 12/01/2009

Rochelle · Married on 06/13/2009

Aubrie LeGault, with Capturing Grace photography, truly is a master of her craft. I am delighted with the quality of pictures she took from my wedding day. With very little direction from me, Aubrie was able to capture exactly what I wanted from my big day. Her artistic eye is so unique and distinctive; I have received nothing but compliments from all who have seen my wedding album. Her ability to capture real and un-staged moments is what makes her special. I recommend Aubrie to anyone looking for remarkable, out of the ordinary, photographs. I am already looking to the future and plan to use her for maternity pictures when the time comes. Thank you Aubrie for capturing the greatest day of my life!

Sent on 09/22/2009

emily · Married on 05/17/2009

My husband and I LOVED having Aubrie shoot our wedding. She was very professional and pleasant and although she took a million photos at our reception, she was not in the least bit overbearing.

I gave her a description of the wedding venue and what kind of wedding we were hoping to have and she came up with some really wonderful, creative ideas for where to take the photos, which were totally different than what I would have thought. And those photos ended up being some of our favorites.

My family and friends and I have had so much fun looking at the pages and pages of pictures. The quality and composition are perfect and she has been really efficient and professional in getting us the photos we ordered.

I would highly recommend Capturing Grace Photography. There were so many details in our wedding planning and Aubrie made the photography part of our wedding appear seamless.

Sent on 08/26/2009

Kristin · Married on 10/18/2008

3.2
      3.0
      3.0
      3.5

We had Aubrie shoot our wedding in 2008. She did our engagement photos and did a great job. On our wedding day she had a wonderful assistant photographer Daniel Stark (who was wonderful). A few weeks after our wedding we received our proofs and I noticed that there were barely any head on shots of my husband and I without kissing. When I asked Aubrie about it she said she thought I had a problem with my eye. And I had asked her to not shoot any pics head on of the two of us. I do not have any issues with my eyes. Through email she admitted she got me mixed up with another October bride. We had not paid her in full yet, but she did not even offer us a discount. It makes me really sad because we dont have any photos of just my husband and I facing the camera and this is a day that we can never repeat.

Sent on 01/27/2011