39 Reviews for Candle Ready Cakes

Gluten Free (2)
Fresh Fruit (2)
Groom's Cake (1)
39 Candle Ready Cakes Reviews

We worked with Jill at Candle Ready Cakes and our experience was amazing! Our cake was delicious and we had none left at the end of the night! Jill was very professional and easy to work with. She helped us design and decide on flavors and brought our vision to life! We highly recommend Candle Ready Cakes for any occasion!

Profile Picture Ellie, 2/10/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Great cupcakes! We came here from out of town just for their gluten free cupcakes. Seriously, these are a must have if you or anyone in the immediate family/bridal party are gluten free. You won't be disappointed!

Profile Picture Jackie, 12/2/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Candle Ready Cakes was so great to work with on our wedding dessert!!! Our wedding cake turned out as beautiful as I imagined and the cake balls were a total hit. Everyone raved about how delicious the cake and cake balls were for weeks after. Leading up to the wedding, I sat down with Jill a couple of times to go over the plan for the day, the cake design, and cake ball options. Jill was very helpful with these decisions, and she wasn't afraid of a challenge! My pinterest inspiration was no small feat, but she was excited to make it happen. The process was simple and fun. Everything was perfect with the set up on the day of the wedding, and I was shocked at how beautiful the dessert table was when we went to go cut the cake! The whole experience with Candle Ready Cakes was 100% enjoyable and I will for sure go there for all future cakes. I recommend CRC to anyone who asks!

Profile Picture Elise, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

I had three pictures of cakes that I loved that I wanted to combine into one. They did everything I wanted and it didn’t break the bank. The cake was delicious. I would definitely recommend them for your wedding!

Profile Picture Holly, 9/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Candle Ready Cakes was a fantastic business to work with! From the initial meeting to the final display on our wedding day, everything was perfect. Jill could not have made the process any easier for us, and both the wedding cake and the cakes balls tasted amazing!

Profile Picture Kelsey, 9/3/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Cake Pops, Cakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup

One of the biggest compliments I received on my wedding day as about the mini cupcakes that we ordered for out guests! Candle Ready Cakes did an amazing job and we couldn't be happier with the final product.

Profile Picture Chandler, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

We worked with Candle Ready long distance. The owners were always prompt, professional, and so helpful. Their cupcakes were phenomenal and there were so many delicious flavors to choose from. We ordered one large cupcake for each guest. There was not a crumb left in the reception hall and people were raving about them. The company set up our table for us so it was one less task to handle; many bakeries don't provide this service. If you are hosting a reception in the Dubuque area, Candle Ready is the place to go for your treats. Book them early. We contacted Candle Ready more than a year in advance and almost didn't get a spot. We were thrilled that they were able to accommodate our wedding. When we visit Dubuque, there will always be a stop at Candle Ready.

Profile Picture Julia, 6/17/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Jill at Candle Ready Cakes is wonderful to work with! Start to finish she made sure that everything was taken care of and perfect. We still have our guests asking about where we got our wedding cupcakes. I would recommend Jill, her cupcakes, cakes, and especially the macaroons (they put every macaroon to shame I had while living in Chicago for six years to shame). Thank you Jill and staff at Candle Ready Cakes!!

Profile Picture Katie , 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Super easy to work with. My cake looked great and tasted even better! It was exactly what i wanted! I had so many compliments on it, especially the red velvet!! Highly recommmend

Profile Picture Stephanie, 6/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

Super easy to work with, delicious cupcakes, and they delivered and set up! No worries about them on a day that I didn't want to have to think of other things!

Profile Picture Emily, 5/27/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Delivery, Setup, Cake Pops, Cupcakes

Candle Ready Cakes made our wedding cakes, and we couldn't have been happier with the results. Our guests raved over the taste! Our wedding cake that we cut was beautiful, and exactly to our specifications. We went with white cake with raspberry filling and vanilla buttercream frosting and chocolate cake with caramel filling and chocolate buttercream frosting and both were absolutely delicious. Reasonable pricing as well. We would highly recommend!

Profile Picture Cailey, 12/17/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Cakes, Gluten Free, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

Our cake for our guests was delicious and our wedding cake was exactly what we were looking for with the design. It turned out beautiful, with even our personal monogram on the cake and tasted amazing.

Profile Picture Morgan, 11/26/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Everyone loved the mini cupcakes and cake balls! Jill did a great job setting up our dessert table with her delicious desserts and provided labels for them. We were planning a wedding in Galena from Chicago and loved desserts - we were so happy to find Candle Ready Cakes in Dubuque - our photographer from Ivory + Bliss recommended Jill to us!

Profile Picture Katie, 9/11/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Jill is awesome to work with and the cupcakes, cake balls and cake were all delicious and looked perfect. Our guests are still raving about the variety of flavors! Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Kari, 8/13/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cake Pops, Cakes, Cupcakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

We opted for a small cake to cut and cupcakes for all of our guests. I also ordered a groom's cake that was a puppy face. The cupcakes were delicious and everyone raved about them. Our cake was great too - even though we just had one real top tier, the bottom 2 were styrofoam. And it was GORGEOUS! Super simple white with ribbon and fresh peonies. The puppy face cake wasn't what I envisioned but it wasn't bad. I'd suggest asking for photos or mockups of what they have planned for any special cakes like that.

Profile Picture Mallory, 7/30/16, 10 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cakes, Cupcakes, Groom's Cake

Candle Ready Cakes provided exceptional desserts for our wedding and rehearsal dinner. Our guests raved about the fresh, delicious cakes served at both events. We researched other area bakeries, and Candle Ready Cakes provided the best value and most professional service. Working with them was an absolute pleasure!

Profile Picture Jeanne, 7/22/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Custom Design, Delivery, Private Tastings, Cakes

My husband and I had very specific expectations as far as dessert goes. We wanted a small cake for ourselves (in specific colors and flavors) and wanted to give a variety of cake ball flavors to our guests. We, and our families, are huge fans of CRC and we wanted to give specific options to our guests (butterfinger, salted carmel, red velvet, carrot cake, and white). Jill was so considerate and listened to every detail of our wedding day "vision" including our colors, venue, and guest list as we designed the cake and cake balls. She was very flexible and took care of all of the transportation- we didn't have to worry about coordination on our day! We were so happy to work with Candle Ready Cakes and our guests are still talking about the amazing desserts!

Profile Picture User6967242, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

The owner is young and amazing. Our wedding cake and our kids birthday cake was amazing, and looked exactly how we wanted it too. The taste of her icing and filling was very good as well. We had no cake left over from our wedding or our kids events. And the prices are unbelievable just because it's a wedding she don't try and over charge. Thank you so much for making our day great!!! The Balsters

Photo for Candle Ready Cakes Review - She was very happy
Profile Picture Jamika, 6/17/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Cakes, Cupcakes, Custom Design, Setup, Private Tastings

Jill was superb to work with. I gave her a picture of what I wanted and the cake was exactly how I asked her to replicate it. The cake was moist and delicious! She made a groom's cake in the shape of a soccer ball and it was perfect, too. I could not have been more pleased with everything Jill did. I cannot wait to see all the pictures of our cakes!

Profile Picture Megan , 4/30/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Cakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup

We opted to do cupcakes for our wedding due to hearing horror stories from other couples about falling cakes or other traumatic events. Oh and I LOVE cupcakes. We loved the fact that we were able to do a kind of "progressive tasting" and pop in and try a few flavors of the day over the months leading up to the wedding so there was no overwhelming "I tried 12 different types of chocolate cake and I can't remember which is which." After the first few times the employees knew us on sight and were wonderful to work with! Included delivery and set up for only and additional $25 which was MORE THAN WORTH IT not to have to worry about it. Tons of compliments from guests on how yummy the cupcakes were and the Rolo flavor FLEW off the table.

Profile Picture Abbie, 4/9/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Delivery, Setup, Cupcakes, Fresh Fruit

I have loved Candle Ready cupcakes for a couple of years so when I was planning my wedding the were my first thought for my wedding cake. I met with them showed them a picture of what we wanted and it turned out perfect. We also ordered cupcakes and by the time we got a chance to get a cupcake they were gone. Which didn't surprise me at all because their cupcakes are wonderful. All of guests told me they loved their cupcakes and loved hiw beautiful my cake was! Thank you Candle Reday cakes!

Profile Picture Charlotte, 1/30/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Jill was great to work with at Candle Ready Cakes! She had so many great ideas to make our wedding cake unique. We ordered a 3 tiered wedding cake and a few hundred cake pops for our guests. The cake pops were a huge hit with all of the guests! We ordered chocolate, vanilla, and red velvet and all were amazing. I recommend Candle Ready Cakes for all of your wedding cake, cupcakes, or cake pop needs!!

Profile Picture Madalyn, 10/17/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cake Pops, Cakes, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

Our wedding cake turned out perfect!! We had a four tier cake where each tier was a different flavor they were very helpful in guiding us to what flavor and what frosting would work best together. We also ordered our cake fairly last minute as far as wedding cakes go and they were very accommodating. I would goofy recommend Candle Ready Cakes!!!

Profile Picture Kristina, 10/17/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Candle Ready Cakes made around 450 cupcakes for our wedding. They were so delicious and the flavor options are endless. We ordered red velvet, raspberry, double chocolate, classic white, caramel apple, and pumpkin. AMAZING! I received so many compliments on the cupcakes and I proudly told them they came from Candle Ready Cakes in Dubuque :) They will not disappoint!

Profile Picture User5547559, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cupcakes, Consultations, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Gluten Free, Fresh Fruit

Jill was very helpful and easy to work with. I was planning my wedding from out of town, and she was very prompt with responding to emails or calls. When we met in person she had great advice and we were able to sample several varieties. The cake itself was beautiful, and exceeded our expectations! We had three different flavors, and they were all a hit! Overall, Jill was very friendly, and made this portion of wedding planning a breeze.

Profile Picture Molly, 9/19/15, 3 Reviews