Scratch Cupcakery

Cedar Falls, IA View map

Ever have a dream that you just couldn't let go of?

An idea was born. After 15 years in design and marketing, there was a moment of discontent. No more desk or deadlines. A bakery! Yes, that was the answer! Over the course of a few weeks, I left my job, leased a teeny-tiny space, rebuilt it, and opened Scratch in my hometown of Cedar Falls, Iowa, in June 2010.

Immediately it was too small. So immediately we began troubleshooting. Just over a year later, our larger location, fondly known as "Big Scratch" opened downtown Cedar Falls. Seven months later, we opened in Waterloo. The following year, we opened West Des Moines and Coralville. It's been a really crazy few years, full of excitement and challenges, but we wouldn't change a thing!

Scratch ins't a franchise. We're locally grown and we partner with other locally grown businesses. We employ more than 150 people aged 17-70+. We train our staff from the ground up. We aren't perfect, but we love the adventure. We learn something new every day and I'm a firm believer that when we stop learning, we'll stop growing.

Scratch was born from a love of making people smile. Since I was little, I've loved to bake for other people...I loved creating recipes and sharing my ideas and experiments with anyone who would try. Today, I still love that process! We experiment in the kitchen constantly. We have some massive winners...and some that still have us shaking our heads. :-) In all of that testing and baking, we learn about you...our customers. We learn your likes and dislikes. We learn about your lives and families and events. You've brought us into your life and allowed us to share in some of your most favorite moments. That...that's why we do this.

Because we love making you smile! :-)

What is the starting price for cupcakes (per cupcake, without tax)?

$2.00

What services do your prices include?

Consultation
Custom Cake Design
Delivery
Tastings - Private

What types of desserts do you provide?

Cupcakes

What services do you provide?

Consultations
Delivery
Tastings - Private

What cake items do you provide?

Cake Stands

What dietary needs can you accommodate?

Gluten Free
Vegan

What special ingredients do you use?

Fresh Fruit
Local

Are you licensed by the state health department?

1 User photo

• Sarah
    Sarah H. Married on 10/10/2020

We Love Scratch!

My husband and I love Scratch cupcakes, so we decided to order cupcakes and a cutting cake from them for our big day. Our cake and cupcakes were beautiful and well worth the money!
    Kelsey Married on 11/26/2016
    Our Scratch Cupcakes were probably the biggest hit of our wedding. Half of them were gone before we even had our "cake cutting". We opted to provide to-go boxes in case people wanted to take theirs for later to the hotel room, which was a good call. We decided to do 7 different flavors, and it was no issue at all! Scratch even delivered an hour away directly to the venue for only $70. The only bummer is that there's not an easy way to try some of the off the wall flavors, as they bake the same flavors week to week and in order to try a new flavor you would have to order two dozen. But all of their cupcakes are amazing, so it's not really that big of a gamble. The best part was that the cupcakes, as elegant as they were, were easily half the price of a traditional cake, if not more. At only $2 per cupcake, you can't go wrong.
    Kelly Married on 09/24/2016
    Super easy to work with! Also the best cupcakes around!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

43 photos · 09/22/2018

6607 University Avenue Cedar Falls, IA, 50613
3192777855

Monday - Saturday 9am - 7pm Sunday 12pm-5pm
Location of (Scratch Cupcakery)

Other vendors in Cedar Rapids for your wedding