Butler's Unique Catering Reviews

72 | Richmond, VA

72 Reviews for Butler's Unique Catering

72 Butler's Unique Catering Reviews

Sarah · Getting married on 07/16/2022

Recently, Butler's catered a wedding at my venue and we were above and beyond impressed with them! Ramsey and the crew were very attentive and knew what they were doing! Everything was put out and ready on time and the food looked absolutely delicious. They stayed until the end of the wedding to clean up which was a huge help to the couple and to us! We will definitely be recommending that our couples look into this company for any of their catering needs!

Kelly · Married on 09/30/2018

We used Butler's Unique Catering for our wedding at Maymont. It was very positive experience working with Todd and his staff. Todd was very responsive to all my e-mails/calls. We were able to do a tasting after we selected our menu choices. He was able to set up a floor plan and provide the tablecloths, runners, and chair covers we needed to make the place look amazing! One of the staff members even went out her way to fix our plates so we would have time to sit down and eat during the reception. They did a great job of cleaning everything up at the end of the reception. I would highly recommend Butler's Unique Catering as a caterer for your wedding.

Elizabeth · Married on 09/29/2018

Todd & Ramiel (Ramsay) were great to work with every step of the way. They were super flexible and happy to accommodate any needs or changes we made. Not only did they provide all of our food and bar, but Todd arranged for all of our rentals, from the tent, to tables, chairs, linens, stage, dance floor, etc which took so much stress off of us. The food was delicious. Ramsay was a calming influence at the rehearsal that Friday, and then all day and all evening at the wedding and reception on Saturday. She arrived early at the reception venue, and oversaw the arrival and set up of all vendors, set the tables, set up all of our candles (we had over 130 candles), then came to the church and directed the ceremony and then once my daughter was walked down the aisle, Ramsay slipped out and went back to the reception venue, lit all the candles, guided the guests while we were still taking pictures, and oversaw the entire evening which lasted until 11:30. Ramsay and her crew stayed and oversaw the lighting of the sparklers and send off, helped clean up, and gathered all of our candles, props, etc in one corner. I loved that Ramsay wore a red dress that night so she was easy to spot, although we didn't have to seek her out... she was quietly busily working non-stop to ensure that the order of events were happening just as we wanted so we could relax and just enjoy the evening. The whole event went like clockwork. Todd & Ramsay were super to work with, are easy going but organized, and are very good at what they do for a reasonable price. We couldn't be happier with the outcome of our daughter's special day thanks to Butler's Unique Catering. We would highly recommend them.

Lauren · Married on 09/29/2018

We loved working with Todd & Ramsey!! From the start they were very knowledgable, easy to communicate with and genuinely excited for our big day! We were hooked after our taste testing with Todd! Everything was so delicious. Todd was very patient with us as we changed our menu selections, guest count, timeline, etc numerous times throughout the planning process. He made the appropriate changes and sent back an adjusted invoice in a timely manner. We hired Ramsey as our day of coordinator and we are SO thankful that we did! She was a steady, positive & efficient coordinator and made sure our day ran without a hitch! Todd & Ramsey scheduled a separate meeting one month in advance at the Private property where we held our reception. Todd coordinated with Party Perfect so that they could be there as well to walk the property & discuss rental plans/needs. It was a very helpful and productive meeting! Todd arranged all of the rental needs through Party Perfect which was extremely helpful as it eliminated another vendor that we were in contact with. One less stress! Ramsey met with me (the bride) on 2 separate occasions to discuss our vision for the wedding. She listens so well, takes notes, asks the right questions & executed perfectly! We were fortunate to have BEAUTIFUL weather for our outdoor reception. Todd coordinated Party Perfect’s tent, table, chair, dance floor, etc delivery and it was set up on Wednesday before our Saturday Wedding. When we noticed that the napkins were not delivered - Ramsey was quick acting and ensured that she had them in hand at the property the very next day. Our wedding was beautiful! Ramsey ensured that each vendor arrived on time and that everything was set up just how we wanted it. The food was delicious - everyone loved their meal! We are so thankful that we chose Butler’s for our big day. If you are going to use Butler’s then without a doubt pay the little extra to have Ramsey as your day of coordinator. Best day!

• Madison

Madison · Married on 09/29/2018

Butler’s Unique Catering was the perfect service for our special day! Todd was excellent at communication and clearly has a talent for what he does. We wanted fried chicken for our day, and he was the only one to tell me it wouldn’t be a problem. Everything was delicious! I highly recommend the Mac n cheese bar, wow! Will definitely use Butler’s for any catering needs in the future.

Butler's Unique Catering 1
    Butler's Unique Catering 2
    Butler's Unique Catering 3
    Butler's Unique Catering 4

David · Married on 09/23/2018

Butler's Unique Catering provided delicious food for our wedding, which numerous guests complimented. They flexibly allowed for several last minute adjustments due to guest RSVP changes. And the ownership was a pleasure to work with. Overall, the affordable services provided by Butler's was worth every penny. We highly recommend their services for weddings, and for other family/corporate affairs too.

Shaun · Married on 09/21/2018

They made my wedding for me and my wife look and feel above and beyond described. I appreciate everything Todd and his team did for me. I could have orchestrated or vision it any better.

Butler's Unique Catering 5
    Butler's Unique Catering 6
  • U

Ursula · Married on 09/15/2018

Todd and Ramsey we’re truly heaven sent! My wife and I were having the worst of luck with other vendors, wedding party issues, wedding cake issues etc and they made sure it was nothing that needed correcting or following up with on their end! We are truly blessed to have teamed up with such a passionate, empathetic and professional person like Todd! His heart is truly in to his work and it shows! We enjoyed everything and even though the weather ( Hurricane Florence) made the wedding be in doors it was nothing short of amazing and we truly couldn’t have asked for a better experience. Our families and friends loved everything and spoke very highly of Ramsey!!! Thank you for saving the day and making a lasting memory for my wife and I! We consider you both family and will forever be team The Brownstone! Thank you again!!

Sarah · Married on 09/01/2018

Todd and his team worked incredibly hard to make our day the best. Butler's Unique Catering is very easy to communicate with, had great suggestions and resources for flatware and table presentations, were flexible to menu options and curators of delicious food. They also ensured we actually got to eat at our own wedding. Thank you so much!

Lauren · Married on 08/11/2018

My small, intimate wedding was planned in a little over three weeks at a large Airbnb in Church Hill, and despite the incredibly short time frame and unfamiliarity with the venue, the process for catering our wedding was effortless for Todd and his team. His communication was prompt, he was available to schedule a tasting within days (I ended up rescheduling to the following week, but he was available much sooner), and he even reached out to the Airbnb host and scheduled a walk through with her. During his entire planning process, aside from my menu selections, he handled everything. He determined what rentals were needed, the beautiful set up and arrangement of food, worked out with host the best place to set up, the furniture in the home he would be able to utilize, and lord knows countless other details that I don't even know about , etc... It was all just magically taken care of. Anything I perceived to be a challenge was literally no problem. Todd and his team didn't bat an eye. The ceremony and the food display were only separated by a small room, but my guests, nor I, ever perceived them to be there. They worked quietly and efficiently, and executed the entire event perfectly. My guests loved the food and raved about the macaroni and cheese bar. To this day we still talk about it. Every bride I've ever talked to always told me to remember to eat. Well, in my case, I ate TOO much, everything was so good. There was tons of food. At the end of the evening, any leftovers were boxed up, and the rest of the alcohol was set up so that any guests making it a late night could continue to serve themselves. It was an amazing reception and I can't thank Todd and everyone at Butler's Unique Catering enough for making my day so wonderful and stress-free. Any doubt in your mind about going with Butler's, erase it immediately. When the big day rolls around, you will be so grateful to have them a part of it. Butler's is an RVA gem. (picture credits: www.hannahfaragalla.com)

Butler's Unique Catering 7
    Butler's Unique Catering 13
    Butler's Unique Catering 14
    Butler's Unique Catering 15

Emily · Married on 08/04/2018

We absolutely loved having Butler's cater our wedding. The food tasted amazing - friends have already told me that they plan on using Butler's for their own future wedding. We added on the build your own Mac'n cheese bar, and everyone raved about it. They also provided a gluten free pasta option for some of our wedding guests who needed it, and when we first met Todd was very helpful in picking out a menu that served our needs while being mindful of allergies of certain family members. All of the staff were very friendly, and their main staff coordinator went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect. This is one of the biggest reasons I would recommend them to others - the service was definitely better than we could have imagined. It relieved so much of our stress to know they were taking care of us and making the night run seamlessly.

Butler's Unique Catering 16
    Butler's Unique Catering 17
    Butler's Unique Catering 18
    Butler's Unique Catering 19
    Butler's Unique Catering 20
  • JESSICA

JESSICA · Married on 05/12/2018

The reception for our wedding was fabulous thanks to Todd and his team! His level of detail is greatly appreciated by myself and my husband. The staff was absolutely superb with their professionalism, positive attitude, and attentiveness. It was a very hot day and the reception was outside but his staff did not show a single sign of not wanting to be out there with us. Todd made the process very easy.

Dylan · Married on 11/17/2017

Excellent to work with on a relatively short notice as well!

Nina · Married on 10/14/2017

Butler's recently catered our wedding in October and we were extremely impressed! Not only was the food absolutely delicious but the whole crew was so accommodating. We did not have to worry about anything during our cocktail hour and reception. They helped to set up and break down all of our centerpieces and extra decor items which I was not even expecting! The servers made sure that my husband and I were fed and brought us our own plate from the buffet! I would absolutely recommend Butler's for anyone who would like a stress-free catering experience for their wedding!

Carla · Married on 10/14/2017

Butlers unique catering was wonderful. Their timing was perfect & the food was great. They made sure we had everything we needed.

Ben · Married on 07/08/2017

Very flexible and well worth every penny. They worked with us to give my wife a meal option based off foods she likes. Mac n Cheese bar is well worth it. If you are in look for a caterer who will work with you through each step of your menu this is the company for you.

Lindsay · Married on 02/11/2017

Butler's Unique Catering did an amazing job for our wedding! Todd was very helpful with our food, linen, and lighting scheme selection. We had second thoughts on a few food items and he worked in another tasting for us. He was super friendly, polite and professional in all aspects! Our ceremony and reception were held at The Brownstone and it couldn't have gone smoother! Having both in one place was so convenient. Everything was set up for us the night of the rehearsal to view and was perfect. Todd had drinks waiting for us while we got ready for the ceremony, which the groomsmen were excited about! Through out the night Todd and his staff made sure we were taken care of and Ramsey made sure our dinner plates were ready at the table. Everyone loved all the food. Especially the mac n cheese bar, which I highly recommend! I want to give a huge thanks to Todd and his staff for making our day so special, and stress free!

Debbie · Married on 11/19/2016

Todd was very helpful with us making our choice of foods to serve at the wedding his staff were very friendly the mac and cheese bar was a great hit with our guests

Angela · Married on 11/12/2016

I had a great experience with Butlers! They were really great and we're there whenever I had troubles with planning or catering/layout advise.

Karen · Married on 11/12/2016

All food was amazing but Mac and Cheese bar was a huge hit! Staff was professional and very attentive. Left place cleaner than when they arrived. Definitely would use them again!

Kali · Married on 10/29/2016

Working with Todd Butler was great! Not only was the food delicious, but he provided us recommendations along the way, and created a stress free experience. Our guests have been raving about the crab dip from the cocktail hour, and the mac and cheese bar for dinner. Todd checked in with Jesse and me thriughout the day to make sure we didn't need anything and that we were happy with the service. He also made sure that we had snacks and drinks after the ceremony before the pictures started, and had our plates ready for dinner so we could actually eat on our wedding day before making the rounds.

Kathy · Married on 10/29/2016

Butler's catered our wedding and they nailed it. The macaroni and cheese bar during our cocktail hour was a unique and really fun addition to our reception. We served a complicated family style dinner menu and they had very little space to work in (due to the limited space in our reception venue) and every dish came out fabulous and timed perfectly. I was very worried that our vegetarian guests wouldn't have a unique, hearty dinner option, but Butler's easily fixed my worry with a creative vegetarian option that my guests loved. I cannot believe I got a chance to sit and eat at my own wedding, and I am so glad I did not miss out on our meal. I usually expect catered food to be simply good enough, but Butler's exceeded all expectations and tasted as great as any of my favorite restaurants. Their bartender crafted our signature drinks exactly as we wanted and handled our heavy drinking crowd with fast, friendly service. Too boot, Butler's pricing is very affordable!

Danielle · Married on 10/22/2016

We looked into a few caterers, but finally settled on Butler's. We met with Todd first to discuss the menu and then to do a tasting. The food was delicious! Our favorite was the Sweet Potato Enchiladas! We also enjoyed the mac & cheese bar, which was a huge favorite of our guests! There was a small problem with the pasta; Todd was supposed to bring Gluten Free pasta for one of my bridesmaid's, but he had forgotten. He did double check his notes and admit the mistake, but other than that, we have zero complaints! Everyone loved the food, Todd was fantastic to work with, and we are very happy with out the dinner turned out!

Christie · Married on 10/01/2016

Todd was amazing. And went beyond what was expected. My daughters cake got messed up before wedding. Todd instanly took it and fixed it. My daughter never knew. He will never know how much I appreciated him. I will never use any other person but Butler's.