62 Reviews for Butler's Unique Catering

Open Bar (1)
House Beer (1)
House Wine (1)
52 Butler's Unique Catering Reviews

My small, intimate wedding was planned in a little over three weeks at a large Airbnb in Church Hill, and despite the incredibly short time frame and unfamiliarity with the venue, the process for catering our wedding was effortless for Todd and his team. His communication was prompt, he was available to schedule a tasting within days (I ended up rescheduling to the following week, but he was available much sooner), and he even reached out to the Airbnb host and scheduled a walk through with her. During his entire planning process, aside from my menu selections, he handled everything. He determined what rentals were needed, the beautiful set up and arrangement of food, worked out with host the best place to set up, the furniture in the home he would be able to utilize, and lord knows countless other details that I don't even know about , etc... It was all just magically taken care of. Anything I perceived to be a challenge was literally no problem. Todd and his team didn't bat an eye. The ceremony and the food display were only separated by a small room, but my guests, nor I, ever perceived them to be there. They worked quietly and efficiently, and executed the entire event perfectly. My guests loved the food and raved about the macaroni and cheese bar. To this day we still talk about it. Every bride I've ever talked to always told me to remember to eat. Well, in my case, I ate TOO much, everything was so good. There was tons of food. At the end of the evening, any leftovers were boxed up, and the rest of the alcohol was set up so that any guests making it a late night could continue to serve themselves. It was an amazing reception and I can't thank Todd and everyone at Butler's Unique Catering enough for making my day so wonderful and stress-free. Any doubt in your mind about going with Butler's, erase it immediately. When the big day rolls around, you will be so grateful to have them a part of it. Butler's is an RVA gem. (picture credits: www.hannahfaragalla.com)

Photos
Profile Picture Lauren, 8/11/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Local, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Tastings, Clean Up, Set Up

The reception for our wedding was fabulous thanks to Todd and his team! His level of detail is greatly appreciated by myself and my husband. The staff was absolutely superb with their professionalism, positive attitude, and attentiveness. It was a very hot day and the reception was outside but his staff did not show a single sign of not wanting to be out there with us. Todd made the process very easy.

Profile Picture JESSICA, 5/12/18, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Chairs, Tables, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Bartender(s), American, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

Excellent to work with on a relatively short notice as well!

Profile Picture Dylan, 11/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Butler's recently catered our wedding in October and we were extremely impressed! Not only was the food absolutely delicious but the whole crew was so accommodating. We did not have to worry about anything during our cocktail hour and reception. They helped to set up and break down all of our centerpieces and extra decor items which I was not even expecting! The servers made sure that my husband and I were fed and brought us our own plate from the buffet! I would absolutely recommend Butler's for anyone who would like a stress-free catering experience for their wedding!

Profile Picture Nina, 10/14/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Butlers unique catering was wonderful. Their timing was perfect & the food was great. They made sure we had everything we needed.

Profile Picture Carla, 10/14/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Very flexible and well worth every penny. They worked with us to give my wife a meal option based off foods she likes. Mac n Cheese bar is well worth it. If you are in look for a caterer who will work with you through each step of your menu this is the company for you.

Profile Picture Ben, 7/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Butler's Unique Catering did an amazing job for our wedding! Todd was very helpful with our food, linen, and lighting scheme selection. We had second thoughts on a few food items and he worked in another tasting for us. He was super friendly, polite and professional in all aspects! Our ceremony and reception were held at The Brownstone and it couldn't have gone smoother! Having both in one place was so convenient. Everything was set up for us the night of the rehearsal to view and was perfect. Todd had drinks waiting for us while we got ready for the ceremony, which the groomsmen were excited about! Through out the night Todd and his staff made sure we were taken care of and Ramsey made sure our dinner plates were ready at the table. Everyone loved all the food. Especially the mac n cheese bar, which I highly recommend! I want to give a huge thanks to Todd and his staff for making our day so special, and stress free!

Profile Picture Lindsay, 2/11/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Todd was very helpful with us making our choice of foods to serve at the wedding his staff were very friendly the mac and cheese bar was a great hit with our guests

Profile Picture Debbie , 11/19/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had a great experience with Butlers! They were really great and we're there whenever I had troubles with planning or catering/layout advise.

Profile Picture Angela, 11/12/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

All food was amazing but Mac and Cheese bar was a huge hit! Staff was professional and very attentive. Left place cleaner than when they arrived. Definitely would use them again!

Profile Picture Karen, 11/12/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Butler's catered our wedding and they nailed it. The macaroni and cheese bar during our cocktail hour was a unique and really fun addition to our reception. We served a complicated family style dinner menu and they had very little space to work in (due to the limited space in our reception venue) and every dish came out fabulous and timed perfectly. I was very worried that our vegetarian guests wouldn't have a unique, hearty dinner option, but Butler's easily fixed my worry with a creative vegetarian option that my guests loved. I cannot believe I got a chance to sit and eat at my own wedding, and I am so glad I did not miss out on our meal. I usually expect catered food to be simply good enough, but Butler's exceeded all expectations and tasted as great as any of my favorite restaurants. Their bartender crafted our signature drinks exactly as we wanted and handled our heavy drinking crowd with fast, friendly service. Too boot, Butler's pricing is very affordable!

Profile Picture Kathy, 10/29/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Vegetarian, Bartender(s), Cocktail Reception, Family Style, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Clean Up, Set Up

Working with Todd Butler was great! Not only was the food delicious, but he provided us recommendations along the way, and created a stress free experience. Our guests have been raving about the crab dip from the cocktail hour, and the mac and cheese bar for dinner. Todd checked in with Jesse and me thriughout the day to make sure we didn't need anything and that we were happy with the service. He also made sure that we had snacks and drinks after the ceremony before the pictures started, and had our plates ready for dinner so we could actually eat on our wedding day before making the rounds.

Profile Picture Kali, 10/29/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

We looked into a few caterers, but finally settled on Butler's. We met with Todd first to discuss the menu and then to do a tasting. The food was delicious! Our favorite was the Sweet Potato Enchiladas! We also enjoyed the mac & cheese bar, which was a huge favorite of our guests! There was a small problem with the pasta; Todd was supposed to bring Gluten Free pasta for one of my bridesmaid's, but he had forgotten. He did double check his notes and admit the mistake, but other than that, we have zero complaints! Everyone loved the food, Todd was fantastic to work with, and we are very happy with out the dinner turned out!

Profile Picture Danielle , 10/22/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Vegetarian, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Clean Up, Set Up, American, Mexican

Todd was amazing. And went beyond what was expected. My daughters cake got messed up before wedding. Todd instanly took it and fixed it. My daughter never knew. He will never know how much I appreciated him. I will never use any other person but Butler's.

Profile Picture Christie, 10/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Butler's Unique Catering provided amazing reception setup, service, and food for my wedding. They made it easy to get my party rentals (tent, tables, etc.) through them without having to contact a separate rental place. The service at the wedding was top notch and the tablecloth colors/arrangements and food setup looked very elegant! Todd Butler responded promptly to all of my emails and answered all of my questions within a timely manner. The food was excellent too and I received many complements from my guests about it.

Profile Picture Julia, 6/4/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Chairs, Tables, American, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s)

Definitely work with Todd Butler. He listened to what we imagined and made it a reality. He gave us numerous options at our tasting and what we chose worked out great!

Profile Picture Sheila, 5/28/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Butlers catering did an excellent job! The food was delicious, they were cordial and professional, and knew exactly what we wanted. They gave us a Mac n cheese bar that was phenomenal. They made our wedding perfect!

Profile Picture Taylor, 5/7/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Tables, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, American, House Beer, House Wine, Liquor License, Outside Alcohol, Buffet, Tastings

Todd and his crew were amazing! I was a hot mess leading up to the wedding and he was so patient and kind with us. The food was superb and I received nothing but compliments on it. I would definitely recommend Butlers Unique Catering to anyone I knew looking for a caterer! They were awesome!

Profile Picture Ashley, 5/7/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Outside Alcohol, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Chairs, Tables, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Vegetarian

The place is so gorgeous and impressive and the food was delicious all my guest enjoy it , they give us a lot of compliments but more than that I want to say thank you for Todd that was there for us from the beginning to the end and make that experience so easy And fun I had the time of my life and thank you for your team that make sure that everything going to be perfect .
I check a lot of places and by far that's the best place with the best food !!!!!

Profile Picture Ifat, 3/7/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Butler's was amazing! Their food was absolutely delicious and everyone really enjoyed it at our wedding reception. They also coordinated our reception and Todd was wonderful! He was there if we needed anything and did such a great job. He also sent some food with us as we didn't get to try all of it during the reception which was really great. I highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Catherine, 12/12/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Butler's was the best part of my entire wedding experience! Todd created an incredible menu for us, consisting of Virginia food, Mexican food, and Indian food. We wanted the Indian food because it is our favorite- and I was worried that my husband's picky-eater family would hate it...BUT THEY LOVED IT! Everyone I have spoken to has said it was the BEST food they have ever had at a wedding. I will be recommending Butler's to every single person I know getting married or throwing any event whatsoever. Five stars! Wish I could give more!

Profile Picture User4131620, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Middle Eastern, Southern, Spanish, Bartender(s), Gluten Free, Vegan, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations

Food and service were amazing.

Profile Picture User6060236, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s)

With help from my daughter , I was able to get Butler's Unique Catering for a multi High school class reunion! They were wonderful to work with and the food and presentation of the food was wonderful!! I have heard nothing but great comments on the food!! Thanks Chad and Todd!! Kathy Dosier Canada

Profile Picture Kathy , 10/3/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Butler's Unique Catering is "over the top" amazing. I had heard of Butler's Unique Catering/Lola's Lunches and on the recommendation of the owner of our venue, Donna Reynolds, I decided to use Butler's for our rehearsal dinner. I never met Todd Butler or his staff until the night of our event. We handled everything by phone and email. The choices offered for a "china" plated sit down dinner were difficult to choose from. We settled on Surf and Turf with garlic smashed potatoes, steamed green beans, side salad and crusty breads. If Todd had brought a hundred extra chocolate tortes, everyone of them would have been sold that evening. Todd even made extra sides of fried okra, my son's favorite vegetable. Todd was amazing to work with, his knowledge and expertise in guiding me with making china, glassware, silver and linen napkin choices worked beautifully. With his help I accomplished the elegant table setting I had in mind. When they arrived at the venue, Todd and his staff worked liked a well oiled machine setting all the tables, firing up the grill, organizing the bar and throughout the evening they were attentive to the needs of all our guests. The food was incredible, it has been two weeks since our event and people are still talking about cutting the tenderloin with a fork and the crab cake was the perfect compliment to the meal. I highly recommend Butler's Unique Catering and plan on using them again and again in the future. If you are on a budget and want a high quality, beautifully presented dinner then Butler's Unique Catering is the one to choose, our family felt like they did not charge near enough for what they delivered.

Profile Picture Tracy, 9/26/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Cake Cutting, Dessert, Plated, Server(s), American, Bartender(s)