Butler's Unique Catering Reviews

Butler's Unique Catering 5
Butler's Unique Catering 6
Butler's Unique Catering 7

Sarah · Getting married on 07/16/2022

Recently, Butler's catered a wedding at my venue and we were above and beyond impressed with them! Ramsey and the crew were very attentive and knew what they were doing! Everything was put out and ready on time and the food looked absolutely delicious. They stayed until the end of the wedding to clean up which was a huge help to the couple and to us! We will definitely be recommending that our couples look into this company for any of their catering needs!

Sent on 10/24/2017
  • MEGAN

Megan Groff · Getting married on 03/09/2021

Butler's Unique Catering creates DELICIOUS and BEAUTIFUL food!

Butler's Unique catering did an OUTSTANDING job catering my wedding a few weeks ago. Todd and his team were prompt, professional, extremely kind and helpful throughout the day. Todd is great to work with and offers great ideas to make your menu selection special to you and your future partner (the mac n cheese bar was stellar!). I will definitely hire them again in the future.

Sent on 10/09/2019
  • Kylie

Kylie Hester · Married on 09/07/2019

We love working with Butler's

We love working with Butler's at The Barns of Kanak! They offer a wide variety of options for our clients and personalize each wedding for the couple. They always do a professional and thorough job.

Sent on 09/19/2019
  • Katie

Katie Amos · Married on 09/07/2019

Incredible food, incredible people!

Todd and the Butler's crew were awesome! Leading up to our wedding day, they were so easy to communicate with, reaching out when they needed something and answering promptly when I had questions. They worked with my family and me to ensure that everything they provided was exactly what we wanted for the wedding day, from linens to china to their exceptional food! We met with them prior to the wedding for a tasting sessions, and they took notes and were flexible to ensure they could tweak what they had to provide what we wanted/needed due to preferences and food allergies. On the day of the wedding, they were wonderful! The table linens and china looked just beautiful...exactly what we wanted!! They provided bartenders, who were so fun and made sure that myself, my husband, and our families and bridal party were treated right :) ...seriously, they were amazing!! And the food...it was spectacular!! Every single thing was just amazing! Incredible flavor, cooked perfectly...it was awesome! Unfortunately, because of taking pictures, I didn't get to have any of the hors d'oeuvres, but I was told by numerous guests that they were scrumptious!! I highly recommend Todd and Butler's catering! They are a great value for what they provide!! They are personable, easy to work with, and want to make your day special. And on top of that, the food is just incredible!!!

Sent on 09/23/2019

DeBora Briggs · Married on 08/24/2019

Dream Vintage Wedding

Todd Butler and Butler’s Unique Catering are the best! I had my dream wedding and reception at The Brownstone on August 24, 2019. I love vintage and the vintage and antique style of The Brownstone is uniquely beautiful. The vintage theme for my wedding was gorgeous.

From our first consultation with Todd, my new husband and I found Todd to be personable, extremely professional, knowledgeable, extremely accommodating and always accessible. I planned our wedding without a wedding planner and the invaluable insight that Todd provided allowed me the opportunity to be a joyous bride and experience a stress free day. Todd offered helpful suggestions such as looking the downtown Richmond calendar of events during the day of our wedding to ensure that traffic would not be a factor for our guests; picture taking at the beautiful Garden Club; blocking rooms at the lovely Linden Row Inn; suggestions for the wedding cake bakery and the florist. Todd went above and beyond by even providing decorations for our reception and accommodating our DJ and our wedding party during the day of decoration set up and our rehearsal walk through.

Butler’s Unique Catering served our guests a delicious selection of hors d’oeuvres during the cocktail hour and catered a fine dining experience at our reception.

My husband and I were the last wedding held at The Brownstone and this makes our memories that much more sentimental! It was a pleasure to work with Todd. Thank you Todd for helping to make our wedding day special!

Sent on 09/18/2019
  • Chanae

Chanae · Married on 06/29/2019

Wedding reception

Overall it was a good experience. We opted for a buffet meal for our reception. The food was hot and ready on time. All of our guest enjoyed it and said it was delicious. They sent the left overs home with us which was nice.

Sent on 07/08/2019

Sofi Lewis · Married on 06/15/2019

80th Birthday Bash

We used Butler’s Unique catering for an 80th Birthday bash for about 50 Guest over a 2 day event.
    Appetizers, Buffe dinner and drinks on Sarurday evening and brunch and drinks on Sunday,
    The food & service was excellent and we would absolutely use them again for the next big party.

Highly recommended.

Sent on 09/17/2019

Megan Molnar · Married on 06/08/2019

great choice

We used Butler’s Unique Catering for our June 2019 wedding and were not disappointed. The staff and service were excellent, and they accommodated everything we threw at them without question. We had a fairly typical wedding menu with one beef, one chicken, and one vegetarian option. All were great, but we had numerous guests tell us that the vegetarian option was hands down the absolute best vegetarian wedding meal they’d ever had. In all honesty we never even tried it during our tasting, and just went with what Todd recommended for the vegetarian option, but they clearly know how to please a crowd.

Sent on 07/10/2019

Kirby Williams · Married on 05/25/2019

Great food!

The food was amazing! All the guests were impressed and complimented the food throughout the night. My husband and I are vegan and our plated meals were perfection.

Sent on 09/17/2019

Jeff Nicklas · Married on 05/18/2019

Simply Awesome

Butler’s Unique Catering is awesome. I highly recommend them to anyone for any occasion. Great people and great food. Very professional.

Sent on 09/20/2019

Emily · Married on 11/03/2018

Great Value, Great People

Todd and his staff are great. More than accommodating in terms of dietary restrictions when it comes to building/choosing your perfect package. They made sure from the moment the ceremony ended that my now-husband and I had time to sit and eat and always had a fresh drink. The food was great too, we got many compliments. Thank you Todd!

Sent on 03/03/2019

Kelly · Married on 09/30/2018

We used Butler's Unique Catering for our wedding at Maymont. It was very positive experience working with Todd and his staff. Todd was very responsive to all my e-mails/calls. We were able to do a tasting after we selected our menu choices. He was able to set up a floor plan and provide the tablecloths, runners, and chair covers we needed to make the place look amazing! One of the staff members even went out her way to fix our plates so we would have time to sit down and eat during the reception. They did a great job of cleaning everything up at the end of the reception. I would highly recommend Butler's Unique Catering as a caterer for your wedding.

Sent on 10/10/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 09/29/2018

Todd & Ramiel (Ramsay) were great to work with every step of the way. They were super flexible and happy to accommodate any needs or changes we made. Not only did they provide all of our food and bar, but Todd arranged for all of our rentals, from the tent, to tables, chairs, linens, stage, dance floor, etc which took so much stress off of us. The food was delicious. Ramsay was a calming influence at the rehearsal that Friday, and then all day and all evening at the wedding and reception on Saturday. She arrived early at the reception venue, and oversaw the arrival and set up of all vendors, set the tables, set up all of our candles (we had over 130 candles), then came to the church and directed the ceremony and then once my daughter was walked down the aisle, Ramsay slipped out and went back to the reception venue, lit all the candles, guided the guests while we were still taking pictures, and oversaw the entire evening which lasted until 11:30. Ramsay and her crew stayed and oversaw the lighting of the sparklers and send off, helped clean up, and gathered all of our candles, props, etc in one corner. I loved that Ramsay wore a red dress that night so she was easy to spot, although we didn't have to seek her out... she was quietly busily working non-stop to ensure that the order of events were happening just as we wanted so we could relax and just enjoy the evening. The whole event went like clockwork. Todd & Ramsay were super to work with, are easy going but organized, and are very good at what they do for a reasonable price. We couldn't be happier with the outcome of our daughter's special day thanks to Butler's Unique Catering. We would highly recommend them.

Sent on 10/07/2018

Lauren · Married on 09/29/2018

We loved working with Todd & Ramsey!! From the start they were very knowledgable, easy to communicate with and genuinely excited for our big day! We were hooked after our taste testing with Todd! Everything was so delicious. Todd was very patient with us as we changed our menu selections, guest count, timeline, etc numerous times throughout the planning process. He made the appropriate changes and sent back an adjusted invoice in a timely manner. We hired Ramsey as our day of coordinator and we are SO thankful that we did! She was a steady, positive & efficient coordinator and made sure our day ran without a hitch! Todd & Ramsey scheduled a separate meeting one month in advance at the Private property where we held our reception. Todd coordinated with Party Perfect so that they could be there as well to walk the property & discuss rental plans/needs. It was a very helpful and productive meeting! Todd arranged all of the rental needs through Party Perfect which was extremely helpful as it eliminated another vendor that we were in contact with. One less stress! Ramsey met with me (the bride) on 2 separate occasions to discuss our vision for the wedding. She listens so well, takes notes, asks the right questions & executed perfectly! We were fortunate to have BEAUTIFUL weather for our outdoor reception. Todd coordinated Party Perfect’s tent, table, chair, dance floor, etc delivery and it was set up on Wednesday before our Saturday Wedding. When we noticed that the napkins were not delivered - Ramsey was quick acting and ensured that she had them in hand at the property the very next day. Our wedding was beautiful! Ramsey ensured that each vendor arrived on time and that everything was set up just how we wanted it. The food was delicious - everyone loved their meal! We are so thankful that we chose Butler’s for our big day. If you are going to use Butler’s then without a doubt pay the little extra to have Ramsey as your day of coordinator. Best day!

• Madison

Madison · Married on 09/29/2018

Butler’s Unique Catering was the perfect service for our special day! Todd was excellent at communication and clearly has a talent for what he does. We wanted fried chicken for our day, and he was the only one to tell me it wouldn’t be a problem. Everything was delicious! I highly recommend the Mac n cheese bar, wow! Will definitely use Butler’s for any catering needs in the future.

Sent on 10/14/2018
    Butler's Unique Catering 8
    Butler's Unique Catering 9
    Butler's Unique Catering 10
    Butler's Unique Catering 11

David · Married on 09/23/2018

Butler's Unique Catering provided delicious food for our wedding, which numerous guests complimented. They flexibly allowed for several last minute adjustments due to guest RSVP changes. And the ownership was a pleasure to work with. Overall, the affordable services provided by Butler's was worth every penny. We highly recommend their services for weddings, and for other family/corporate affairs too.

Sent on 10/14/2018

Shaun · Married on 09/21/2018

They made my wedding for me and my wife look and feel above and beyond described. I appreciate everything Todd and his team did for me. I could have orchestrated or vision it any better.

Butler's Unique Catering 12
    Butler's Unique Catering 13
  • U

Ursula · Married on 09/15/2018

Todd and Ramsey we’re truly heaven sent! My wife and I were having the worst of luck with other vendors, wedding party issues, wedding cake issues etc and they made sure it was nothing that needed correcting or following up with on their end! We are truly blessed to have teamed up with such a passionate, empathetic and professional person like Todd! His heart is truly in to his work and it shows! We enjoyed everything and even though the weather ( Hurricane Florence) made the wedding be in doors it was nothing short of amazing and we truly couldn’t have asked for a better experience. Our families and friends loved everything and spoke very highly of Ramsey!!! Thank you for saving the day and making a lasting memory for my wife and I! We consider you both family and will forever be team The Brownstone! Thank you again!!

Sent on 10/06/2018

Sarah · Married on 09/01/2018

Todd and his team worked incredibly hard to make our day the best. Butler's Unique Catering is very easy to communicate with, had great suggestions and resources for flatware and table presentations, were flexible to menu options and curators of delicious food. They also ensured we actually got to eat at our own wedding. Thank you so much!

Lauren · Married on 08/11/2018

My small, intimate wedding was planned in a little over three weeks at a large Airbnb in Church Hill, and despite the incredibly short time frame and unfamiliarity with the venue, the process for catering our wedding was effortless for Todd and his team. His communication was prompt, he was available to schedule a tasting within days (I ended up rescheduling to the following week, but he was available much sooner), and he even reached out to the Airbnb host and scheduled a walk through with her. During his entire planning process, aside from my menu selections, he handled everything. He determined what rentals were needed, the beautiful set up and arrangement of food, worked out with host the best place to set up, the furniture in the home he would be able to utilize, and lord knows countless other details that I don't even know about , etc... It was all just magically taken care of. Anything I perceived to be a challenge was literally no problem. Todd and his team didn't bat an eye. The ceremony and the food display were only separated by a small room, but my guests, nor I, ever perceived them to be there. They worked quietly and efficiently, and executed the entire event perfectly. My guests loved the food and raved about the macaroni and cheese bar. To this day we still talk about it. Every bride I've ever talked to always told me to remember to eat. Well, in my case, I ate TOO much, everything was so good. There was tons of food. At the end of the evening, any leftovers were boxed up, and the rest of the alcohol was set up so that any guests making it a late night could continue to serve themselves. It was an amazing reception and I can't thank Todd and everyone at Butler's Unique Catering enough for making my day so wonderful and stress-free. Any doubt in your mind about going with Butler's, erase it immediately. When the big day rolls around, you will be so grateful to have them a part of it. Butler's is an RVA gem. (picture credits: www.hannahfaragalla.com)

Sent on 03/13/2018
    Butler's Unique Catering 20
    Butler's Unique Catering 21
    Butler's Unique Catering 22

Emily · Married on 08/04/2018

We absolutely loved having Butler's cater our wedding. The food tasted amazing - friends have already told me that they plan on using Butler's for their own future wedding. We added on the build your own Mac'n cheese bar, and everyone raved about it. They also provided a gluten free pasta option for some of our wedding guests who needed it, and when we first met Todd was very helpful in picking out a menu that served our needs while being mindful of allergies of certain family members. All of the staff were very friendly, and their main staff coordinator went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect. This is one of the biggest reasons I would recommend them to others - the service was definitely better than we could have imagined. It relieved so much of our stress to know they were taking care of us and making the night run seamlessly.

Sent on 10/12/2018
    Butler's Unique Catering 23
    Butler's Unique Catering 24
    Butler's Unique Catering 25
    Butler's Unique Catering 26
    Butler's Unique Catering 27
  • JESSICA

JESSICA · Married on 05/12/2018

The reception for our wedding was fabulous thanks to Todd and his team! His level of detail is greatly appreciated by myself and my husband. The staff was absolutely superb with their professionalism, positive attitude, and attentiveness. It was a very hot day and the reception was outside but his staff did not show a single sign of not wanting to be out there with us. Todd made the process very easy.

Sent on 07/04/2018

E · event on 03/02/2018

Told Todd that everything was great! His responsiveness in all matters, Ramsey's cordial attention to detail at the party, wonderful food, super presentation of the buffet...we think we had the perfect party, largely due to Butler's Unique Catering!
    Also Very Much Appreciated that Ramsey packaged the leftover food for us--such a big help.
    So,we thanked Todd so much for all that they did, and we hope to work with them in the future!

Sent on 03/05/2018

Dylan · Married on 11/17/2017

Excellent to work with on a relatively short notice as well!

Sent on 12/06/2017

Nina · Married on 10/14/2017

Butler's recently catered our wedding in October and we were extremely impressed! Not only was the food absolutely delicious but the whole crew was so accommodating. We did not have to worry about anything during our cocktail hour and reception. They helped to set up and break down all of our centerpieces and extra decor items which I was not even expecting! The servers made sure that my husband and I were fed and brought us our own plate from the buffet! I would absolutely recommend Butler's for anyone who would like a stress-free catering experience for their wedding!

Sent on 11/15/2017