Buster Reviews

30 Reviews for Buster

• Kelly

Kelly · Getting married on 12/31/2019

VIP Experience Without the Price Tag

We had a destination wedding at the beach on a holiday with family members needing to get from 2 different hotels to our venue and back. We also had older relatives who have a hard time getting around, especially with stairs. However, we had a small number of people we needed to transport (23). So we knew it would be tough to meet all that criteria and still be affordable. The first quotes we got from businesses began to make us rethink the shuttle idea because the transportation that lasts 15 minutes should not be more than the photography that takes place over 5 hours! Luckily, we ran across Buster and all was settled.

We ended up talking to a REAL PERSON (shocking, I know) who listened to our needs and arranged everything for us. The day of our wedding our driver Anthony showed up dressed to the nines, super friendly, with a sign in the front window of the shuttle for our guests. He greeted each person as the came in, helping any elderly people that needed help, engaged in friendly conversation with our guests, avoided an accident with calmness and grace (the only riders that knew about it only knew because they saw him avoid the crazy driver), and got everyone to the venue on time.

The shuttle itself was WAY nicer and larger than what we paid for. We asked for a small "people mover" shuttle to keep our budget low, but a full on bus showed up. And not like a city bus but like a nice, VIP, top of the line bus. And it was New Years Eve on the beach so I know it wasn't because they weren't busy. We weren't charged extra for the nicer accommodations, which of course I was worried that I had ordered the wrong thing and a big bill was on the way. Nope. And Anthony stayed the entire night, ready to take anyone back whenever they were ready instead of making people wait for a predetermined take-off time.

The reps at Buster made me feel at ease about getting exactly what I needed to make sure everyone arrived to the venue on time. Anthony our driver was the epitome of service with a smile. Our guests felt like royal celebrities being driven to a VIP event, which is a great way to start any wedding!

Sent on 04/17/2019
  • Dan

Dan Francesco · Married on 09/28/2019

Professional and responsive!

Buster communicated very well leading up to my wedding day to ensure I was not worried about my transportation. No issues whatsoever!

Sent on 10/08/2019

Laura · Married on 09/21/2019

September 2019 - Busses in Boston

We knew that with over half the wedding being out-of-state, we were going to need transportation. All in all, we booked five different vehicles through Buster for our wedding weekend. Every vehicle I rode in was clean and the drivers were so friendly. The platform to book travel was easy. The only thing we had a little trouble figuring out was how to add multiple points of contact if needed (we ended up just writing a note). One guest mentioned that the driver of their vehicle didn't seem to know exactly when/where they needed to go, but overall everything went smoothly.

Sent on 09/29/2019

Jamie · Married on 03/16/2019

Made the whole so much easier

I spent a long time researching transportation options for our wedding but once I found Buster it took me all of 5 minutes to decide that this was the company I would use. Their website makes everything SO easy and it was cheaper than all of the local options I had researched independently. I had some questions about the service and called their customer service line and left a message and got an immediate response and even a discount code to use if I chose to move forward with the booking. It was all just so convenient. In the days leading up to the wedding they reach out frequently to ensure everyone is still on the same page and on the evening of our wedding they showed up on time and provided excellent service. I would use Buster again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 03/30/2019
  • Connie

Connie McGowan Marzin · Married on 03/08/2019

Great help with wedding transportation

We used Buster for transportation from a hotel to the venue for my daughter’s wedding and then for a day after bus trip for a large group to downtown Denver. The up front support by Buster staff online, via email and telephone was super- efficient and prompt. The buses used were very clean and nice and the drivers were professional and friendly. I would definitely recommend Buster and would use them again.

Sent on 03/23/2019

Rachel · Married on 09/01/2018

Everything went smoothly! Buster was very easy to communicate with! Buses were clean and drivers friendly!

Sent on 09/17/2018

Melissa Bradley · Married on 01/20/2018

Fun and professional

Our DJ was so fun and very professional. The guests loved him too

Sent on 08/01/2019

Did a great job, would for sure use them again!

Sent on 03/15/2017
  • Alex

Alex · Married on 05/01/2017

We did a service for them and used their online system. Every hing worked out beautifully! Were happy customers!!

Alex

Sent on 05/29/2017

Gaston · Married on 02/12/2017

Arriving our wedding in this limo was the best of the best, just thanks!!!!

Sent on 02/14/2017

cj · Married on 11/02/2016

amazing work!! and Highly creative!!!

Sent on 12/19/2016

A Gower · Married on 10/22/2016

Amazing in every way

They went above and beyond to help me book my reservation. And even though I still managed to mess it up, they were very quick and accommodating to adjust the booking. Super appreciative. Thanks again!

Sent on 10/31/2018

Carol · Married on 08/19/2016

Buster was great to work with, I had realized I hadn't gotten the right size Limo 3 days before my daughters wedding and Ben saved the day. He got the right stretch SUV, color and all within a day! The driver was great! Would definitely recommend using them! The price was also a plus!

Sent on 08/22/2016

Matt · Married on 04/30/2016

We used buster to book some transportation the day of our wedding. We needed to move a fairly large group of family between the church, a photo site, and the reception venue. Price was our most important factor and Buster was able to deliver a very professional, clean, prompt van service that met our needs perfectly. The website was initially set up to just book point to point travel in the shortest trip possible so we couldn't add the long trip with multiple stops along the way, but a quick phone call to Buster allowed us to talk to a customer service rep who very quickly resolve that. The driver was great and was very capable of dealing with the narrow streets of DUMBO. Overall a very good experience.

Sent on 10/27/2016

Deepa · Married on 04/23/2016

Buster was one of the easiest ways to book a reasonably priced bus for my wedding party to get to our venue. I worked with Ben at Buster directly and he helped me not only finding the best deals, but he also ran a few scenarios for me on his end just to make sure I got the perfect deal. And to make my life even easier - I receive a very concise email with all the contact info I would need day of and backup numbers incase of any emergencies of issues. Just having that makes life so much easier. Our driver arrived on time, the bus was clean, and the driver got us to the venue safely and on time even though we ran into some traffic along the way. I 100% recommend using Buster as your go to transportation option. You can choose from a ton of different vehicle options to get your party and guests to your destination. You can make all kinds of changes to your itinerary easily via the site's admin. And Buster's staff is always available to help you figure out the best option to fit your needs.

Sent on 04/26/2016

amanda · Married on 01/07/2017

Highly recommend, they did an amazing job.

Sent on 03/11/2017

Kelsey · Married on 10/29/2016

Our experience with Buster was perfect! We got married in a very small town that didn't have a lot of options when choosing a shuttle/transportation service. Buster was a great value and all of my wedding guests raved about their experience and our incredible driver. I would highly recommend that you check them out for your wedding day!

Sent on 11/04/2016

Buster made finding bus transportation for our wedding in Montauk SO much easier. I was having trouble finding anyone out there, and one query on Buster got me several options!

Sent on 04/19/2016

Allison · Married on 09/16/2017

We used Buster for our wedding in Sept 2017. The online service is great. It's really easy to use their platform to book your transportation and they are responsive as well. Once they found out it was my wedding, a Buster rep took the time to call me to go through all the details with me which was great. Unfortunately, we had a few hitches with the service of the bus drivers, such as one driving in the wrong direction. However, Buster investigated the incident afterwards and offered a credit for the mistakes. I really appreciated that they took the time to hear my concerns and took them seriously. Because of their high-quality customer service and the ease of the online platform, I would recommend using Buster! Plus, I got a better quote from them than any limo service I called directly.

Sent on 10/06/2017

Buster's reply:

Thank you very much for such a great review! Honestly, we are just happy to help do whatever was needed to make sure your wedding day was an incredible one! At Buster.com, we work really hard to offer the best and most convenient service as possible and I am happy to see that we were able to deliver a great experience, even when the unforeseen happens last minute. I made sure that team receives your much deserved recognition and we hope to be able to work with you again in the near future!
  • Jacqueline

Jacqueline · Married on 04/13/2019

Good and easy way to get group transportation

We got a sprinter van for the wedding party, and it was incredibly easy to use the website to reserve it. I did notice that some other vans I was looking at was no longer available the longer I waited to reserve, so act fast! It was easy to keep adjusting the itinerary until we got charged, which was only a few days before the wedding, and I got some help from someone on the team to determine if I needed a one-way or shuttle service. Super happy that the fee includes gratuity - it's one less thing to stress and worry about on the big day.

If I could do it over again, I would pad more time to the transportation. Traffic is a nightmare...

Sent on 04/14/2019

Michelle · Married on 04/14/2018

Easy online booking and responsive customer care

Sent on 03/10/2018

Daniel · Married on 05/12/2018

3.5

I used Buster for my wedding transportation for my out of town guests. Just hire Buster, seriously. Here's the thing: Buster is a company that acts as an intermediary much in the same way that like ebay would, in that there is an added cost of doing business since Buster and ebay bring the marketplace to you. Could you find a better price going straight to the source transportation provider? Probably. But, trust me, the ease and convenience of Buster finding you a provider far outweighs the cost hit.

Buster is by FAR the easiest place from which to receive a quote. Almost every other company needs a) you email address or b) you to call them and waste time being upsold. Buster gives you the quote instantly on their website with only the itinerary information entered. Beyond that, the website's interface allows you to plan your trip stop by stop and choose from an entire menu of different vehicles available. They are so far ahead of their competition in this respect it's not even close.

Buster ultimately placed me in the hands of a transportation company out of new Jersey. They were outstanding. The vehicles were in immaculate condition and the drivers were wonderful. Buster texted my phone when the drivers were on their way and when they arrived at the first stop. I did not have to worry about that because of the constant contact.

TL;DR- They are a bit more expensive, but because they do the search and the hiring for you in one shot. Their website is far and away the best in this area. USE THEM.

Sent on 05/14/2018
  • Gonnabeaburch

Alba · Married on 07/10/2019

4.2

Dealing with buster.com

This website made transportation quotes for our wedding so easy! It was effortless which made me quite happy since some vendors are hard to get ahold of.

Sent on 01/22/2019
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 06/29/2019

3.0

Would not recommend for a wedding unless you have a planner

The biggest issue with Buster is they don't give you any contact information until the evening before so as I was running around before my rehearsal dinner, I finally got the contact information and was able to call them to let them know what time they were leaving the hotel with guests before the wedding. That worked out fine. But then one guest got sick and the buses were back at the hotel so I had to call them back to the venue to pick her up and take her back. For some reason they AGAIN stayed at the hotel! So when the wedding ended, no one had transportation. I called and got them back but everyone had to wait around for about 30 minutes. It just didn't make sense to my why they kept going back. It could have easily been remedied if I was able to send them an e-mail or text a couple days in advance.
    That said, the drivers were very nice and the buses were a great quality. We also had a limo which was great and we had no issues with them.

Sent on 07/16/2019
  • Meghan

Meghan · Married on 09/08/2018

1.6
      1.0
      1.0

Bummer Experience

I'd like to say it was helpful having Buster being the middleman, and I thought it might be when I received a lack of communication with the shuttle company. I had an issue with a bus that shut down during our service. After returning from our honeymoon I reached out to Buster and connected with one of their reps who seemed like he was very interested in beginning an investigation on what happened. Apparently, Buster require reports if a bus shuts down and action thereafter. No report, weird. A week later without any follow up I receive a random email with "Americanstar Tours has finalized your trip total at $2,823.30. You'll get $300.00 back since your trip didn't include many tolls or parking fees. Woot." Random? I thought, there is no way they feel 10% refund is sufficient. So I follow up. No response. So I follow up again a week later. Finally, I receive this:

"Hi Chelsea," (Side note, my name is not Chelsea)

"Thank you for giving Buster the opportunity to further research your feedback.

We've spoken with their management and reviewed internally the concerns you shared. The core issue for review was the mechanical breakdown that resulted in only one vehicle shuttling guests starting at 11 pm for a single 26 min one-way transfer from XX to XX. Your operator has reviewed their records and has issued a $300 refund to compensate for the single one-way transfer that was completed using the second vehicle for the remainder of the guests. While it may not be the answer you are looking for, we are unable to provide additional compensation for the trip."

And then offered me 10% off my next trip.

What actually happened:
    I ordered 2 large busses for 95 people. 1 bus shut down in front of the venue which was a lovely surprise that I received on the dance floor... The other bus (which almost didn't come back for a second trip, left with half of the people, took a wrong turn, spent 50 minutes driving to the location that should have taken 25, disappeared for an hour, returned and picked up the remainder of the guests- who at that point were sitting on the ground waiting for what felt like forever.

We were supposed to all depart (in two shuttles) at 11 pm with an arrival at the hotel of 11:30 pm. I hired 2 shuttles to fit 95 people because I didn't want multiple trips and waiting around. The first trip left before 11, and our shuttle arrived at the hotel at 1 am.

We missed our own after party. I would encourage management to take complaints like this much more seriously. It is incredibly disappointing to have to get to a point where you are this unhappy with a service. I feel the Bus company (American Star Tours) and Buster are both to blame as this is merely a customer service issue at this point.

Sent on 10/19/2018