Buster Reviews

28 Reviews for Buster

• Kelly

Kelly · Getting married on 12/31/2019

VIP Experience Without the Price Tag

We had a destination wedding at the beach on a holiday with family members needing to get from 2 different hotels to our venue and back. We also had older relatives who have a hard time getting around, especially with stairs. However, we had a small number of people we needed to transport (23). So we knew it would be tough to meet all that criteria and still be affordable. The first quotes we got from businesses began to make us rethink the shuttle idea because the transportation that lasts 15 minutes should not be more than the photography that takes place over 5 hours! Luckily, we ran across Buster and all was settled.

We ended up talking to a REAL PERSON (shocking, I know) who listened to our needs and arranged everything for us. The day of our wedding our driver Anthony showed up dressed to the nines, super friendly, with a sign in the front window of the shuttle for our guests. He greeted each person as the came in, helping any elderly people that needed help, engaged in friendly conversation with our guests, avoided an accident with calmness and grace (the only riders that knew about it only knew because they saw him avoid the crazy driver), and got everyone to the venue on time.

The shuttle itself was WAY nicer and larger than what we paid for. We asked for a small "people mover" shuttle to keep our budget low, but a full on bus showed up. And not like a city bus but like a nice, VIP, top of the line bus. And it was New Years Eve on the beach so I know it wasn't because they weren't busy. We weren't charged extra for the nicer accommodations, which of course I was worried that I had ordered the wrong thing and a big bill was on the way. Nope. And Anthony stayed the entire night, ready to take anyone back whenever they were ready instead of making people wait for a predetermined take-off time.

The reps at Buster made me feel at ease about getting exactly what I needed to make sure everyone arrived to the venue on time. Anthony our driver was the epitome of service with a smile. Our guests felt like royal celebrities being driven to a VIP event, which is a great way to start any wedding!

Sent on 04/17/2019

Jamie · Married on 03/16/2019

Made the whole so much easier

I spent a long time researching transportation options for our wedding but once I found Buster it took me all of 5 minutes to decide that this was the company I would use. Their website makes everything SO easy and it was cheaper than all of the local options I had researched independently. I had some questions about the service and called their customer service line and left a message and got an immediate response and even a discount code to use if I chose to move forward with the booking. It was all just so convenient. In the days leading up to the wedding they reach out frequently to ensure everyone is still on the same page and on the evening of our wedding they showed up on time and provided excellent service. I would use Buster again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 03/30/2019
  • Connie

Connie McGowan Marzin · Married on 03/08/2019

Great help with wedding transportation

We used Buster for transportation from a hotel to the venue for my daughter’s wedding and then for a day after bus trip for a large group to downtown Denver. The up front support by Buster staff online, via email and telephone was super- efficient and prompt. The buses used were very clean and nice and the drivers were professional and friendly. I would definitely recommend Buster and would use them again.

Sent on 03/23/2019

Rachel · Married on 09/01/2018

Everything went smoothly! Buster was very easy to communicate with! Buses were clean and drivers friendly!

Sent on 09/17/2018

Melissa Bradley · Married on 01/20/2018

Fun and professional

Our DJ was so fun and very professional. The guests loved him too

Sent on 08/01/2019

Did a great job, would for sure use them again!

Sent on 03/15/2017

Alex · Married on 05/01/2017

We did a service for them and used their online system. Every hing worked out beautifully! Were happy customers!!

Alex

Sent on 05/29/2017

Gaston · Married on 02/12/2017

Arriving our wedding in this limo was the best of the best, just thanks!!!!

Sent on 02/14/2017

cj · Married on 11/02/2016

amazing work!! and Highly creative!!!

Sent on 12/19/2016

A Gower · Married on 10/22/2016

Amazing in every way

They went above and beyond to help me book my reservation. And even though I still managed to mess it up, they were very quick and accommodating to adjust the booking. Super appreciative. Thanks again!

Sent on 10/31/2018

Carol · Married on 08/19/2016

Buster was great to work with, I had realized I hadn't gotten the right size Limo 3 days before my daughters wedding and Ben saved the day. He got the right stretch SUV, color and all within a day! The driver was great! Would definitely recommend using them! The price was also a plus!

Sent on 08/22/2016

Matt · Married on 04/30/2016

We used buster to book some transportation the day of our wedding. We needed to move a fairly large group of family between the church, a photo site, and the reception venue. Price was our most important factor and Buster was able to deliver a very professional, clean, prompt van service that met our needs perfectly. The website was initially set up to just book point to point travel in the shortest trip possible so we couldn't add the long trip with multiple stops along the way, but a quick phone call to Buster allowed us to talk to a customer service rep who very quickly resolve that. The driver was great and was very capable of dealing with the narrow streets of DUMBO. Overall a very good experience.

Sent on 10/27/2016

Deepa · Married on 04/23/2016

Buster was one of the easiest ways to book a reasonably priced bus for my wedding party to get to our venue. I worked with Ben at Buster directly and he helped me not only finding the best deals, but he also ran a few scenarios for me on his end just to make sure I got the perfect deal. And to make my life even easier - I receive a very concise email with all the contact info I would need day of and backup numbers incase of any emergencies of issues. Just having that makes life so much easier. Our driver arrived on time, the bus was clean, and the driver got us to the venue safely and on time even though we ran into some traffic along the way. I 100% recommend using Buster as your go to transportation option. You can choose from a ton of different vehicle options to get your party and guests to your destination. You can make all kinds of changes to your itinerary easily via the site's admin. And Buster's staff is always available to help you figure out the best option to fit your needs.

Sent on 04/26/2016

amanda · Married on 01/07/2017

Highly recommend, they did an amazing job.

Sent on 03/11/2017

Kelsey · Married on 10/29/2016

Our experience with Buster was perfect! We got married in a very small town that didn't have a lot of options when choosing a shuttle/transportation service. Buster was a great value and all of my wedding guests raved about their experience and our incredible driver. I would highly recommend that you check them out for your wedding day!

Sent on 11/04/2016

Buster made finding bus transportation for our wedding in Montauk SO much easier. I was having trouble finding anyone out there, and one query on Buster got me several options!

Sent on 04/19/2016

Allison · Married on 09/16/2017

We used Buster for our wedding in Sept 2017. The online service is great. It's really easy to use their platform to book your transportation and they are responsive as well. Once they found out it was my wedding, a Buster rep took the time to call me to go through all the details with me which was great. Unfortunately, we had a few hitches with the service of the bus drivers, such as one driving in the wrong direction. However, Buster investigated the incident afterwards and offered a credit for the mistakes. I really appreciated that they took the time to hear my concerns and took them seriously. Because of their high-quality customer service and the ease of the online platform, I would recommend using Buster! Plus, I got a better quote from them than any limo service I called directly.

Sent on 10/06/2017

Buster's reply:

Thank you very much for such a great review! Honestly, we are just happy to help do whatever was needed to make sure your wedding day was an incredible one! At Buster.com, we work really hard to offer the best and most convenient service as possible and I am happy to see that we were able to deliver a great experience, even when the unforeseen happens last minute. I made sure that team receives your much deserved recognition and we hope to be able to work with you again in the near future!
  • Jacqueline

Jacqueline · Married on 04/13/2019

Good and easy way to get group transportation

We got a sprinter van for the wedding party, and it was incredibly easy to use the website to reserve it. I did notice that some other vans I was looking at was no longer available the longer I waited to reserve, so act fast! It was easy to keep adjusting the itinerary until we got charged, which was only a few days before the wedding, and I got some help from someone on the team to determine if I needed a one-way or shuttle service. Super happy that the fee includes gratuity - it's one less thing to stress and worry about on the big day.

If I could do it over again, I would pad more time to the transportation. Traffic is a nightmare...

Sent on 04/14/2019

Michelle · Married on 04/14/2018

Easy online booking and responsive customer care

Sent on 03/10/2018

Daniel · Married on 05/12/2018

3.5

I used Buster for my wedding transportation for my out of town guests. Just hire Buster, seriously. Here's the thing: Buster is a company that acts as an intermediary much in the same way that like ebay would, in that there is an added cost of doing business since Buster and ebay bring the marketplace to you. Could you find a better price going straight to the source transportation provider? Probably. But, trust me, the ease and convenience of Buster finding you a provider far outweighs the cost hit.

Buster is by FAR the easiest place from which to receive a quote. Almost every other company needs a) you email address or b) you to call them and waste time being upsold. Buster gives you the quote instantly on their website with only the itinerary information entered. Beyond that, the website's interface allows you to plan your trip stop by stop and choose from an entire menu of different vehicles available. They are so far ahead of their competition in this respect it's not even close.

Buster ultimately placed me in the hands of a transportation company out of new Jersey. They were outstanding. The vehicles were in immaculate condition and the drivers were wonderful. Buster texted my phone when the drivers were on their way and when they arrived at the first stop. I did not have to worry about that because of the constant contact.

TL;DR- They are a bit more expensive, but because they do the search and the hiring for you in one shot. Their website is far and away the best in this area. USE THEM.

Sent on 05/14/2018
  • Gonnabeaburch

Alba · Married on 07/10/2019

4.2

Dealing with buster.com

This website made transportation quotes for our wedding so easy! It was effortless which made me quite happy since some vendors are hard to get ahold of.

Sent on 01/22/2019
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 06/29/2019

3.0

Would not recommend for a wedding unless you have a planner

The biggest issue with Buster is they don't give you any contact information until the evening before so as I was running around before my rehearsal dinner, I finally got the contact information and was able to call them to let them know what time they were leaving the hotel with guests before the wedding. That worked out fine. But then one guest got sick and the buses were back at the hotel so I had to call them back to the venue to pick her up and take her back. For some reason they AGAIN stayed at the hotel! So when the wedding ended, no one had transportation. I called and got them back but everyone had to wait around for about 30 minutes. It just didn't make sense to my why they kept going back. It could have easily been remedied if I was able to send them an e-mail or text a couple days in advance.
    That said, the drivers were very nice and the buses were a great quality. We also had a limo which was great and we had no issues with them.

Sent on 07/16/2019
  • Meghan

Meghan · Married on 09/08/2018

1.6

Bummer Experience

I'd like to say it was helpful having Buster being the middleman, and I thought it might be when I received a lack of communication with the shuttle company. I had an issue with a bus that shut down during our service. After returning from our honeymoon I reached out to Buster and connected with one of their reps who seemed like he was very interested in beginning an investigation on what happened. Apparently, Buster require reports if a bus shuts down and action thereafter. No report, weird. A week later without any follow up I receive a random email with "Americanstar Tours has finalized your trip total at $2,823.30. You'll get $300.00 back since your trip didn't include many tolls or parking fees. Woot." Random? I thought, there is no way they feel 10% refund is sufficient. So I follow up. No response. So I follow up again a week later. Finally, I receive this:

"Hi Chelsea," (Side note, my name is not Chelsea)

"Thank you for giving Buster the opportunity to further research your feedback.

We've spoken with their management and reviewed internally the concerns you shared. The core issue for review was the mechanical breakdown that resulted in only one vehicle shuttling guests starting at 11 pm for a single 26 min one-way transfer from XX to XX. Your operator has reviewed their records and has issued a $300 refund to compensate for the single one-way transfer that was completed using the second vehicle for the remainder of the guests. While it may not be the answer you are looking for, we are unable to provide additional compensation for the trip."

And then offered me 10% off my next trip.

What actually happened:
    I ordered 2 large busses for 95 people. 1 bus shut down in front of the venue which was a lovely surprise that I received on the dance floor... The other bus (which almost didn't come back for a second trip, left with half of the people, took a wrong turn, spent 50 minutes driving to the location that should have taken 25, disappeared for an hour, returned and picked up the remainder of the guests- who at that point were sitting on the ground waiting for what felt like forever.

We were supposed to all depart (in two shuttles) at 11 pm with an arrival at the hotel of 11:30 pm. I hired 2 shuttles to fit 95 people because I didn't want multiple trips and waiting around. The first trip left before 11, and our shuttle arrived at the hotel at 1 am.

We missed our own after party. I would encourage management to take complaints like this much more seriously. It is incredibly disappointing to have to get to a point where you are this unhappy with a service. I feel the Bus company (American Star Tours) and Buster are both to blame as this is merely a customer service issue at this point.

Sent on 10/19/2018

Melissa · Married on 06/30/2018

1.0

Used this company for my wedding and would I’ve them zero stars if possible. The limo was unbearable warm inside and they blamed this on the fact that the limo was black and it was a warm day. Don’t waste your money at this company!! Terrible customer service. I paid nearly $500 to sweat in my wedding dress for 20 minutes.

Sent on 08/18/2018

Jessica · Married on 10/06/2018

Absolutely Terrible Experience

I am leaving my EXACT conversation (minus personal information) with BUSTER below. I had 2 buses for my wedding and neither bus showed up/completed half the trip and I received $100 back and a 10% discount code (spent over $2K with them). RIDICULOUS. They did not even address the fact that even if their bus was "on site" we had the incorrect phone number and nobody saw them/could get a hold of them to get on the bus. I do not recommend using them at all, they are not customer focused - I sent them one note and never received a response so had to send a 2nd note and received a response.

WHAT I WROTE TO THEM:
    I sent this message 2 days ago through my trip manager and have not heard back so I am sending it again through your support e-mail.

Hello,
    I wanted to request a refund or at least a partial refund. I had two trips booked through Buster on October 6th, 2018 which was my wedding day and both buses failed to arrive at both pick up locations. We were informed that the bus that was supposed to pick up at 1234 XYZ Lane in Mechanicsville, MD had an incident and had to be towed. This was completely out of my control so I do not believe I should be charged fully considering half the trip was not completed. The bus that was picking up at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in King George, VA never arrived at the pickup location at 3:30 PM. The phone number provided from the bus company was incorrect and we could not get a hold of the bus driver. Again, totally out of my control so I do not believe I should be charged fully since again, half the trip was not completed. I booked two buses that were supposed to pick up from two locations at 3:30 PM for a total of about 70 people, all of these people had to either try to Uber/Lyft or drive themselves which was extra hassle and cost that we were trying to avoid by having the shuttles. Since it was less than an hour until my scheduled ceremony time at 4:30 PM when I was informed that neither bus showed up we had to take time to try to get in touch with the drivers and figure this out. Once we realized there would be no bus coming that would make it on time people decided to drive or Uber/Lyft, this ended up delaying our ceremony/ entire wedding and a decent amount of guests missed our ceremony even with the delay. This was extremely unfortunate considering the amount of time and money put into a wedding, we had family who flew from across the country to witness our marriage and missed it.

Once we finally got in touch with the bus that was supposed to be at the Holiday Inn in King George, the driver informed us that they were told pick up time was at 4:15 PM. My booking clearly says a pickup time at 3:30 PM so I am not sure where the confusion was. We were later told the driver was waiting at the hotel since 2 PM for what he thought was a 4:15 PM pick but nobody saw the bus; there were over 30 people anxious to get on the bus at 3:30 PM so had they seen it they would have approached the bus. Once my sister got in touch with someone from Buster, we said we still needed the shuttles for rides home so both shuttles did, eventually, show up to the venue.

I thought all was as sorted out as it was going to get finally until the end of the night when the bus driver going to the Holiday Inn in King George started to refuse picking us up for the final shuttle trip at 11 PM. My booking ended at 11:30 PM but he said he was told he had a 9 PM pick and 10:15 pick up and that was all he was doing. When I spoke on the phone with a Buster POC about 5 days prior to the booking date I specifically said a 9, 10:15 and 11 PM pick up from the venue which would end the night at the Holiday Inn right before 11:30 PM. My coordinator informed the driver that nobody was ready to leave at 9 PM so he did not have to do that trip but never said we did not need the 11 PM pick up. This ended up becoming an argument with the driver and a few guests so after my wedding I had to walk over and try to kindly reason with him, I tried to tell him I am the person that booked the shuttle, I had my booking up on my phone and he told me he did not want to hear it and he did not have to and would not come back to pick us up. The other bus driver that was going back to 1234 XYZ Lane in Mechanicsville, MD was extremely kind and stated she does not understand why he is refusing and that it clearly says it is part of the itinerary and she even started trying to figure out if she would be able to come back and pick us up. After the driver refusing the 11 PM trip spoke on the phone with who he said was his boss, I am not sure if this was a point of contact at East Potomac Tours or from Buster, he finally said he would come back and get us. This seriously created a lot of extra animosity when all we were trying to do was receive the exact service I had paid for and booked. Overall this was a terrible experience, I thought booking through Buster would help relieve some of the natural stress of a wedding day and be a great option for guests so they could enjoy our open bar and get home safely, the bus experience seriously made it so much worse. When I booked my trips I thought the idea of Buster was great and I even recommended Buster to friends prior to my experience that are getting married soon. I understand that Buster works with multiple, vetted operators - I think it is a great business idea but we clearly had a terrible experience with two bookings that were through your operator, East Potomac Tours. Buster appears to have great reviews so I am hoping that I was just a one off experience with your company. I hope you can work with me on a fair and reasonable solution.

BUSTERS RESPONSE TO ME:

Hi Jessica,

Thank you for giving Buster the opportunity to further research your recent trip with East Potomac Tours.

We've spoken with their management and reviewed internally the concerns you shared. The core issue for review was the delay caused by the driver error to the Mechanicsville, VA pickup location which East Potomac Tours has issued a $100 refund. While it may not be the answer you are looking for, we are unable to provide additional compensation for the trip as Buster's records confirmed that the lead driver (Leslie) was on location at 16348 Gateway Lane, King George, VA and idling starting at 2 pm ET. On the day of travel, Buster did speak with both Leslie and your POC at 5:04 pm confirming the status of both drivers and at that time the note that Michelle incorrectly released the group at King George, VA when the driver was on location. As a result, East Potomac has not issued an additional refund for this error.

We know you have a choice when booking ground transportation. We value your business and do hope you will keep Buster.com in mind for your next group travel. When booking your next trip, please use Promo Code SERVICE10 during check-out. This will provide you with a 10% discount off your next trip.

Sincerely,
    Niccos
    Manager, Customer Experience

Sent on 01/02/2019

Buster's reply:

Hello Jessica,

I am so sorry to hear our service did not live up to your expectations. We appreciate you taking the time to provide such honest feedback as this helps us work more efficiently. Our service, while technically “in the middle” isn’t simply hands-off; especially on the day of your trip. There is a series of checks that happen before your trip in order to make sure it goes smoothly. Even with all the perpetration still, sometimes things happen; vehicles break down, drivers are switched, traffic snags, weather doesn’t cooperate. Rest assured, Buster conducts an extensive review of each reservation to ensure your trip goes as smoothly as possible. When issues come up, we work with customers and our transportation providers to cooperate on a resolution.

As you have detailed in your review, two issues impacted the start of your reservation: 1) The vehicle to Mechanicsville, MD experienced a mechanical issue and required immediate replacement; 2) Your assigned point of contact for the day (Michelle) incorrectly released your passengers from the King George, VA location despite the fact that the recorded GPS showed the driver was staged at/near the pick up location starting at 2 PM (1 hr and 30 mins early). Please note, this was also the assigned lead driver who was in touch with your contact (Michelle) and reported the issue with the Mechanicsville, MD location bus. Buster works to ensure that communication is as seamless as possible and reached out to Michelle via recorded text message at 2:30 PM and provided the correct name and cell phone number for both your drivers, including the driver which you report was not communicated.

We apologize that you did not ultimately agree with your operator's refund decision on Oct 18, 2018, however, our team did not receive any follow-up communication from you to dispute the refund determination.

We know we can not give you back the experience you missed out on and would be happy to provide a copy of all messages sent to your point of contact (Michelle) for your records.

We’re confident we can provide an easier and better choice when you need to book ground transportation for a future event and hope you would give us a chance to make up for your poor experience. Feel free to reach out to our team at Support@Buster.com or 212-220-3856 and we'd be happy to discuss more!