blueGuava Reviews

15 | Boston, MA

15 Reviews for blueGuava

Maureen · Married on 02/10/2015

Having seen many of John LaRoche's events and floral designs, he was the one and only choice for my intimate wedding! In spite of a crazy snow storm, he was on time and his floral designs were above and beyond my expectations - simply stunning! He created beautiful ceremony floral pedestals and in the dining room he created a stunning display of lush cream flowers for the centerpieces that added a great dimension to the room. He truly elevated the decor and vibe of the event. You think that his attitude and energy are the best thing about him, until you see what he can create! A true talent and a true gem!

Sent on 02/22/2015

Dave · Married on 09/14/2013

Thank you John and Jason! The floral arrangements were absolutely stunning.

John and Jason were so courteous and professional. Great team to partner with. They understood our vision, and were also able to lend their own expert opinion. It was truly a great balance. Pleasant to work with, would recommend to all! From the first phone call, to the delivery of the bridal bouquet, everything was just amazing. The wedding would NOT have been the same without BlueGuava! Our guests loved the pieces.

Sent on 09/19/2013

Lucia · Married on 03/23/2013

Breathtaking, stunning, original. We can't begin to describe how much we loved the flowers John LaRoche and his team at blueGuava created for our wedding. We only knew the general vibe we were looking for, and found it hard to describe - but John nailed it. Organic, clean, simple and elegant. Perfect. We and our guests were in awe with each of the unique pieces arranged for the tables (and all of the other pieces, as well). But the table designs were so ridiculously awesome that people eagerly picked them up to take home at the end of the night.

The bridal bouquets were unique and beautiful - fit exactly to our personalities. We can't say enough good things about their work. Thanks, John! It was such a pleasure working with you and your team!

Sent on 04/08/2013

Jordana · Married on 07/14/2012

blueGuava helped to make our wedding magical. John did an unbelievable job making the images in my head of flowers a reality. The chuppah was exactly what we wanted. The flowers were romantic, classical, and beautiful. He even added champagne grapes - a great touch. We would highly recommend blueGuava!

Sent on 08/03/2012

Grer · Married on 06/23/2012

John is truly an artist. Our venue was basically a blank canvas and we worked with John and his team for flowers, lighting, draping, furniture, linens...pretty much everything we needed to make our wedding gorgeous. He listened to our vision of something different than the typical cookie cutter wedding and made it just so wonderful. He helped us find special furniture and linens, and create a cool floorplan. And on top of that the flowers themselves were just amazingly beautiful. Any florist can make a few bouquets and centerpieces. If you want to work with someone who is going to make your wedding like nothing your guests have seen before, choose John. His vision and execution were just extraordinary. Like others, I do think he can be a bit hard to get a hold of at times, particularly in the busy summer months. But he and his guys are just so nice that it really doesn't matter. You will not regret the results!

Sent on 10/14/2012

Rhonda · Married on 04/17/2010

John LaRoche, from Blue Guava did an absolute phenomenal job with our flowers. We are still receiving raving reviews from our friends and family. When my husband and I first walked into the ballroom I was blown away with how beautiful and huge our centerpieces were. I felt like it was a fairytale wedding the entire night! John was so flexible, sweet, and easy to work with! I cannot say enough wonderful things about his work! Thank you.

Sent on 05/13/2010

Jessica · Married on 01/30/2009

I highly recommend John LaRoche at Blue Guava. His designs are unique and interesting and he is wonderful at listening to the needs of a client and providing just the right recommendation. I am not familiar with flowers at all, so I told him to go ahead and do whatever he thought would look good and he did an incredible job. Not only were the flowers beautiful, but they were different from the standard "wedding look", which is exactly what we wanted. I would highly recommend Blue Guava.

Sent on 09/06/2009

Lauren · Married on 07/25/2009

John LaRoche at blueGuava did all the flowers for our wedding and also helped with significant design elements at our venue.
    We were married in a tent, and John really helped to transform the tent to make a perfect setting for our reception. He added incredible details involving fabric, lighting, and paper lanterns to the tent. And the final product was gorgeous! Our wedding ceremony and reception were absolutely stunning thanks to him and everyone at blueGuava!!!
    The personal bouquets of flowers, the groomsmen's boutonnieres, the centerpieces, our chuppah...it was all incredible!!
    John really listens to his clients, making sure each detail is exactly what they want. He is a pleasure to work with and the final product really exceeded our expectations. I would recommend him highly!!

Sent on 08/14/2009

Amy · Married on 11/15/2008

John and his team did a great job and created unique arrangements for both the ceremony and the reception. He really worked with us to create elegant arrangements within our budget and our guests raved about it all.

Sent on 12/17/2008

Tara · Married on 09/20/2008

John LaRouche, own of BlueGuava, did an absolutely fabulous job!!!! Prettiest flowers I've ever seen!!!!
    Thank you, John for putting so much time and thought into making our flowers perfect.
    Sincerely,
    Tara Brennan

Sent on 10/14/2008

Emily · Married on 04/12/2014

John and Jason at BlueGuava were exquisite florists. Their commitment to my romantic vision of soft, muted purples was flawlessly executed. John was so warm and enthusiastic on my wedding day, and I was ecstatic to see him personally hanging flowers on my chuppah when I arrived at the venue. The center pieces he created were gorgeous, and many of my guests commented on them throughout the night. Some even took the center pieces home! I fully endorse John with BlueGuava as an exceptionally creative florist!

Sent on 05/01/2014

Ashley · Married on 06/07/2008

John is SO creative!! I didn't have a specific request for flowers at my wedding only colors so I left the details up to John. When I saw the final arrangements they were breathtaking! I could have never come up with the flower / color combos John did, he is a genius and I loved working with him.

Sent on 01/30/2009

catherine · Married on 07/16/2011

4.2
      3.5

John is an incredibly talented artist. I would highly recommend him on any wedding or special occasion. He was able to take my "vision" and feedback on my floral arrangements and perfectly translate them into exactly what I wanted. When our venue put restrictions on our use of candles, he quickly identified a solution and did not charge me more for the updated arrangement plan.

My only criticism would be that it is extremely difficult to reach him via email and his assistants are not the most organized. The solution to this is to simply call him on the phone and he will make sure everything is taken care of.

Sent on 08/17/2011

Anuradha · Married on 11/07/2015

1.4
      0.5

Please learn from our mistake and stay away from this vendor. We wanted to like this vendor so much. He was warm and personable and very creative. The actual flowers on our wedding day were pretty, although not quite what we discussed and he was a bit hard to get in touch with during the process. However, our major issue came to payment -- this issue remains unresolved almost a year after our wedding. Because he charged our credit card that he had on file for the last of three payments (without informing us), we ended up writing him a check for the final payment on the day of the wedding, which he promptly cashed. So long story short we ended up overpaying the amount in our contract by a couple thousand dollars (!!) and have been unsuccessful in recovering the funds. It has been a huge mess and headache and despite initially saying he would look into it, he has completely ignored our calls and emails. We even had to get our lovely wedding planner involved and now we might have to file an action in small claims court if we ever hope to see that money again. I would stay far away. :(

Sent on 10/14/2016

Sara · Married on 12/21/2011

0.8
      0.5

BlueGuava Design did our wedding at the Liberty Hotel and we were not impressed!

From the moment we retained them, they were impossible to get in touch with. If emails or phone calls were returned, it was always weeks later.

When I wanted to deal with the final details of the wedding a few
    weeks prior to event, again, it was a strained effort to get anyone on the phone.

Even though we eventually had the discussion about the final details,
    the actual timeline for the wedding day wasn't even close to what we
    had discussed and flowers were MISSING! The groomsman flowers never
    made it to the Liberty Hotel for pre-wedding pictures ( they were
    dropped of at the back of the church - thank god someone was even
    there at that point) and my Mother in law's hand held bouquet was not
    included!!!!! She walked down the aisle with NOTHING!!!!!!!!!

And, I requested that the church flowers be moved by Blue Guava personnel (I
    was quoted an extra $100) after the ceremony and moved to the Liberty-
    I did not see them at the cocktail hour or the reception.

I had to practically harass them to solidify details and we still had issues. With a price tag of almost 7K, exceptional customer service should be included with
    flowers.

Lastly, when I asked for a reimbursement for my mother in law's bouquet which never made it to the event - I never heard back from them! Actually, I never received a call or email back when I reached out multiple times after the event to discuss what happened. I'm so pissed that I'm sitting here at my desk at work still writing about it.

DO NOT use this vendor if you are at all organized. The flowers were pretty - but there are plenty of other talented florists in the Boston area. Not worth the headache

Sent on 12/21/2011